Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice for potential game system

4 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Advice for potential game system - Page 7 Empty Re: Advice for potential game system

Post  mjh6 Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Hmmm.

From what xel said, i think that the idea was that people start with karma points, and they can use them to boost rolls. I think that the simplest way to implement that would be to have each point be worth a fixed boost to a check, kinda similar to unspent talent points from Philidelphus's talent specialization.

I'm thinking that the Gm could award karma points for particularly good deeds, or roleplaying and the like. Obviously, this needs to be hammered out more, but I think that woould be the gist.

Also, how are we going to handle money?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Advice for potential game system - Page 7 Empty Re: Advice for potential game system

Post  Elacular Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Well, we've got Combat Capitol already, which is kind of a nebulous concept that's centered around out-of-game use. But beyond that, I think that money in game would operate similarly to modern money out of game. Like, a bus ticket for two hours costs $2.50, you can make money by doing favors for people or stealing or being gainfully employed, you start with as much cash as your backstory would make sensible, yadda yadda yadda.

As for Karma, I kinda see them working like less powerful magic points. And yeah, you get them through good deeds and/or good roleplaying, you start with 1/day normally. And there ought to be a couple of feats dealing with it. Like

Kidney Doner: You donated a kidney earlier in life and have the scars to prove it. You get +1 Karma for every extended rest, but receive a -4 penalty to Endurance saves against ingested poisons.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:00 pm

I guess the money stuff makes sense. We'll have to try it out though.

Speaking of feats, how are we going to deal with them? Should we make them now?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:02 pm

I figure. Everyone gets...iunno, two feats at first level and two every level after? Iunno. I'm not really up for systeming today.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:05 pm

Alright then.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7