Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League [IC]

+3
A1C Bronymous
mjh6
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The League [IC] - Page 8 Empty Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Yuri sighs. It would take hours to sift through the pile of safe deposit boxes and determine if only one was missing. And the bank would be doing an inventory anyways to determine what they could take credit for keeping safe. He would just have to trust that they didn't lie about it. "The vault is an utter mess, I have no way of knowing what might be missing." He reports sourly. "The bank will have to sort out if anything else was taken themselves, then notify us. Did anyone open the one box we have yet?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:47 pm

"It's box 941, and yeah, I popped it open. Like I said, it didn't do me much good."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Yuri steps out of the wreckage that was the vault door. "It was empty?" He asks, confused.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 pm

"No, there was a bunch of papers. Figures and equations and so on. Science stuff. None of it means anything to me."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 pm

"Oh good, that's what we need. Static with all the equations and science behind some doomsday weapon or something."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:22 pm

As the police sectioned off the area to begin investigation, the transport landed so the team could return back to base.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:57 am

Phoenix hops on the transport and takes his usual seat. He twirls a knife and silently stares out the window in the direction Staticaster fled in, lamenting her escape.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:10 am

Iron Maiden took her seat glumly, going over the mission in her head. Not the most successful of missions, but at least the people were safe.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:12 am

Yuri sits down heavily, trying to conceal his internal troubles. The mission had gone just fine. The civilians were all safe, Staticaster hadn't gotten whatever she wanted, and they had apprehended her cronies, and could potentially get answers from them on why she was out of prison. But everything he had done on the mission...he had been rough, and harsh with people, which was generally unlike him. But most of all, he had felt...cold. It was not a feeling he had ever wanted to experience again. It's implications were troubling. He clearly had a lot to process.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Ash is already seated. She leans back in her seat, still a little annoyed about the fruitless game of cat-and-mouse Staticaster sucked her into but otherwise as close to content as she could be, given her position. Sometimes you need to let a lead go cold for a while, and Staticaster will stick her head back out soon enough. In the meantime, there are always other avenues to explore. She stares up at the transport's roof for a few moments and lets her thoughts wander. Then she frowns, leans forward, and pulls the brim of her hat down over her eyes. After a moment, she sighs, sits up, and pulls the documents out of a pocket they weren't in. She gives herself another couple seconds to try and decipher the formulas, but she doesn't recognize anything and quickly gives up. "All right, can any of you make sense of this?"

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:42 pm

"I'm a physician, not a physical chemist." Yuri says, roused from his musings. "So I doubt it."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:29 pm

"Unless its weapons schematics or a chemical weapon formula, I've got nothing. Hell, even if it is one of those, I probably couldn't tell you. But considering who's involved, I'd say chemical weapon is a decent enough guess." Phoenix puts his knife away and cranes his head to look at the papers.

General Knowledge check: Nat1+5= 6 ftw
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:02 pm

The numbers and notations on the various sheets of paper did nothing more than serve to confuse Phoenix. The ride back to the League base was silent and Agent Anthony could sense the tone as the team met to debrief with her. "We'll be doing everything in our power to catch Staticaster. However, little property was damaged and no lives were lost which is always a good thing. The two henchmen are being questioned at the moment while others are looking over the contents of that safe deposit box. No details yet but they said it initially looked like a mix of chemicals and genetics."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:00 pm

"Well at least we got that right." Phoenix taps the table in agitation. "So what do we do now? SHould we head out and start looking for her, or wait for someone to find out where she is?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:36 pm

"We should try and find out what her goal is. Have someone look into the bank, see if there's anything else she could have been after. Plus I'd like to know what's in those documents." Ash casts a sidelong glance at Anthony. "And whether they've fallen into the wrong hands." Ash had hoped to avoid handing the documents over to the League, but once the rest of the team knew about them it became impossible to keep the higher-ups in the dark. A mistake, in retrospect. She would have to learn from it.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:28 pm

"We have some people examining the bank. It seems like we'll be able to make a better assessment of what to do next after we get some sort of headway on the investigation."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:50 am

Waiting is always the hard part.  After waiting for some sort of break in the case, word finally arrived.  Agent Anthony gathered the League members into the briefing room and revealed the findings, "It seems the one called Wall has been rather forthcoming.  He and his brother recently gained their powers and were looking to gain...notoriety.  It's something to be said about one who prides the idea of becoming a rent a villain.  They were eventually contacted by an anonymous source who set them up with this job and gave them partial payment up front.  So this confirms they aren't directly working for Staticaster.  On that front...

We got back initial lab work on the papers you recovered.  All signs point to it being various documents on crafting a super soldier formula."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Yuri raises an eyebrow. "Staticaster seems like the sort to pride herself on being a one-woman army. Why would she want to make supersoldiers?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:35 pm

"She doesn't. She wants it for whoever paid our bespandexed friends. That's why she bailed without the goods--not worth getting nicked for someone else's cause." Ash faces Agent Anthony with a pointed look. "An' speaking of someone else's cause, how're the new super-soldiers coming along?"

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:49 am

"Rent a villians get to be real villains once they get a big enough name. And Super Soldiers are pointless wastes of money- all you really need is training and a team." Phoenix, who is once again twirling a knife in boredom, remarks without much emotion, and then looks at Ash. "But, I think you misheard. They just got sent there to help Static pull her job, as part of some henchman Temp Agency- she wanted what was in the box, and since she doesn't play nice with others, and has the sciency stuff down to a science, I'd say its a fair bet she's looking to tweak herself out with those plans." His voice grew more irritated as he spoke. "Did anyone see if she took any pictures or anything? Would she still be able to get use out of the formulas even though we have them?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:24 am

"Yeah, I'm not exactly an expert on supervillain infrastructure. 'Not working directly for Staticaster' sounded pretty clear to me. And I'm the one who popped the box open, after she decided she didn't want it, so unless she unlocked the box, photographed the documents, locked it back up, and then decided to take it with her anyway, just so we'd know what she was after, I don't think she got what she wanted." Ash shifts in her seat and adjusts her hat; something about that still doesn't sit right. "Unless she only took the box as a red herring. And that could be true either way."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:24 am

Yuri ignores the multitude of barbed comments (it helped that only a few of them were aimed at him). "You mentioned before we left that Staticaster was supposed to still be in prison. Has anyone checked whether she can still be seen in her cell?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:06 pm

"The wording made it sound like Staticaster herself was also hired for this but it's something to confirm.  Wall stated that the initial meeting was public before moving elsewhere.  Considering the area described is a nice, if low end, area, I'd like Iron Maiden to ask the locals if there's been anything suspicious.  I'm sure a more overtly heroic presence will either set people at ease or flush out those lurking the area.  Phoenix, you're to accompany her for backup or if the 'good cop, bad cop' routine needs to be invoked.

As far as Staticaster's cell, we checked and she's gone.  We're having difficulty finding exactly how she escaped so that might be why she pulled this job.  Ash, you and Yuri are to investigate the Science District to see what you can find, considering that's her usual target.  I have a list of businesses that have had questionable tech dealings in the past."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:20 pm

"Sounds good to me, but I don't know how good she'll be at playing bad cop." Phoenix responds dryly. "Did they give us a precise location to start from, or do we police line it until we find something?"

Spoiler:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Yuri squints, just a little. "Pardon, what is the 'science district?' I don't believe I've seen it on any maps."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next