Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

+5
sunbeam
Lyntermas
Caden2112
Crystalite
AleneShazam
9 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled) - Page 6 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  Terrestial Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Alene - may i assume Starglass has had some sort of private area appointed to rest in-between the convention days? In case the answer's a "yes" - would you prefer that to be on the on the Institute's grounds, in a hotel of sorts in the neighbourhood or something else entirely? Admittedly, i'd like to make use of that knowledge in the next post - even if not heading there outright.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled) - Page 6 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  sunbeam Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:53 am

Eaglesong is definitely in 'close to the vest' mode right now, so I'm going to roll Streetwise too.

Streetwise: 1d20+7=10+7=17

Also, Alene, I think there's a question in the post above mine that you missed.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Terrestial wrote:Alene - may i assume Starglass has had some sort of private area appointed to rest in-between the convention days? In case the answer's a "yes" - would you prefer that to be on the on the Institute's grounds, in a hotel of sorts in the neighbourhood or something else entirely? Admittedly, i'd like to make use of that knowledge in the next post - even if not heading there outright.
That sounds reasonable.
Sure, if you want to take the unicorn to your appointed residence for the conference, you can do so.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Thank you for your answer, Alene. I'll be sure to make use of it.

Just like sunbeam before, this time i'm forced to apologize for my unscheduled absence. I will return to writing on 11th.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Ok, so before I post, I need to know OOC if that is actually Daedra worship, or you're just reusing that image for this setting. And if it's the former, then that would be exciting enough that I'll want Flashpoint to recognize it as such (probably via rolling for knowledge or something).

EDIT: Actually, I'm sure that's just wishful thinking and it's the latter. Still though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:59 am

Or, you know, don't answer my question and just move on without me. That's cool too I guess.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Ok, so before I post, I need to know OOC if that is actually Daedra worship, or you're just reusing that image for this setting. And if it's the former, then that would be exciting enough that I'll want Flashpoint to recognize it as such (probably via rolling for knowledge or something).

EDIT: Actually, I'm sure that's just wishful thinking and it's the latter. Still though.
(I'm sorry, for some reason the thread didn't update for me...)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:49 am

I'd still like to know if I was right about the Daedra. I've been using 'demon', just to be cautious.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:I'd still like to know if I was right about the Daedra. I've been using 'demon', just to be cautious.
Almost. 
The being you're currently dealing with is very heavily inspired by hermaeus mora, as you've probably noticed.
But I'm sourcing all kinds of supernatural and deity like creatures, primarily from Lovecraft (hence the name of the campaign).
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:06 am

Alright, figured as much. Though that name could have been intentionally misleading to give me an early christmas present.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:27 pm

I really didn't wish to post and progress without one of the players... but i feel i shouldn't wait any longer, for our session has been frozen. On behalf of not only me, i must address the following issue:

Sunbeam hasn't posted for over a month by now.

Does anyone know what is happening?
Is there anything going to be done about it?
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 am

RE: Team One:

Can I ask you guys to slow down a little? I really can't keep up with all the posts, especially since most of them are walls of text that I don't have time to read through in detail to add my two cents. You're moving through points in the conversation without giving any time for Flashpoint to chime in on important stuff.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:53 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:RE: Team One:

Can I ask you guys to slow down a little? I really can't keep up with all the posts, especially since most of them are walls of text that I don't have time to read through in detail to add my two cents. You're moving through points in the conversation without giving any time for Flashpoint to chime in on important stuff.
slow down, got it. 
sorry about that.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Sorry about the rapid-fire posts, Bronymous. I'll try to be better about leaving time for others to get a chance to post as well.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Well, for the next week you can nerd out on magical stuff all you want: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t866p105-the-absence-thread#97809
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:29 am

Throwing an aside here: Giving the not-quite-sane unicorn a glimpse into the heart of magic miiiight not have been a wise move. That sound you heard was her sanity cracking RIGHT down the middle. Gonna need some duct tape for that.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:19 pm

And Skyline has never had anything to do with Lightning in his life, buuuuuuuut... DM license, I guess.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:And Skyline has never had anything to do with Lightning in his life, buuuuuuuut... DM license, I guess.
Pegasus magic?
I dunno.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:31 am

I mean, you can do what you want with him. I'm just saying, if I had made his sheet, hed be an expert in Streetwise, and he'd have been a terrible Weather pony.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:06 am

A conversation about a gem not wanting to go into the custody of an authority figure who isn't telling us much... sounds familiar

Also, should Torque roll Persuasion for the Aspriation to respond to his earlier questions?

Lyntermas wrote: "Well, we got a split second taste of the power you mentioned (nothing we could actually retain, though), but the Giver said it just wanted to be left undisturbed. What's the real cost you're talking about? And..how could you have "lost" it? I mean, it wasn't always in that gem, was it? The soul-containing properties of Avantine was one of the last things that Mirrored Clear discovered, so I presume that she's the one who put the Giver in there. What, did she barge into some "soul-jail" and bust the Giver out?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:57 am

Lyntermas wrote:A conversation about a gem not wanting to go into the custody of an authority figure who isn't telling us much... sounds familiar

Also, should Torque roll Persuasion for the Aspriation to respond to his earlier questions?

Lyntermas wrote: "Well, we got a split second taste of the power you mentioned (nothing we could actually retain, though), but the Giver said it just wanted to be left undisturbed. What's the real cost you're talking about? And..how could you have "lost" it? I mean, it wasn't always in that gem, was it? The soul-containing properties of Avantine was one of the last things that Mirrored Clear discovered, so I presume that she's the one who put the Giver in there. What, did she barge into some "soul-jail" and bust the Giver out?"

Sure.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 pm

If I was trying to figure out if these guys are lying, would that be two Perception rolls (one for each)? Of course, there's still the possibility that they're both unpleasant, and the main question is do we want a boss fight with the Aspiration now or later.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Lyntermas wrote:If I was trying to figure out if these guys are lying, would that be two Perception rolls (one for each)? Of course, there's still the possibility that they're both unpleasant, and the main question is do we want a boss fight with the Aspiration now or later.
One for each, yeah.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 pm

Was the Giver's attack on Torque 10 damage AFTER weakening (so the original attack was for 20 damage!), did you forget to factor in weakening, or did it summon a conjuration that did 10 damage to me?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:40 am

Lyntermas wrote:Was the Giver's attack on Torque 10 damage AFTER weakening (so the original attack was for 20 damage!), did you forget to factor in weakening, or did it summon a conjuration that did 10 damage to me?
That was the conjuration.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next