Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sunless Realms (Pony Souls IC Thread)

+2
Dusk Raven
Faege
6 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Sunless Realms (Pony Souls IC Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sunless Realms (Pony Souls IC Thread)

Post  Senshuken Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 am

While he didn't let it show on his face, Kabra'za couldn't help but desire a giant shoe to come out of the sky in order to stamp the overgrow bug like abomination that was scaring ponies off; It was hard enough trying to entice them when undead didn't actually need to eat, through in fairness they weren't exactly his target audience anyway. Thankfully there were enough ponies and associated creatures taking an interest in what he was cooking up that even the presence of the worlds largest bug wasn't deterring them. "It's an old recipe that my grandmother used to cook all the time. Said it would put some steel in your bones." He joked lightly.

However, it was the mention of the soup looking rather bland that caused him to seize the moment. With a look of deep thought, he pulled out a ladle and scooped up a little bit of the water from the soup pot and gave it a small taste; It had a slight tang of iron to it, but he pretended like it was the start of a delicious soup. "Hmm... It's coming along rather nicely. Through... you're right, it could use a little something to help bring out that rich flavor. Does anyone here have some salt that they can spare?" He asked innocently enough.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The Sunless Realms (Pony Souls IC Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sunless Realms (Pony Souls IC Thread)

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:38 am

Hope scuttles away from the soup - though, unaware of their effect in dissuading onlookers, they do so only to better address Haskur.

"A centaur, hmm?" They look the centaur up and down, their voice shifting from energetic to inquisitive. "...There is a slight resemblance... but we are unsure if we've encountered centaurs before..."

History Roll:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:44 am

"I have never seen your kind, but if you come from beyond pony lands, then it is not impossible our peoples have met. Perhaps a forgotten war was fought." Haskur muses, then slowly turns his head, looking at the various camp inhabitants. "You... speak kind and cheerful words, but they fear you as a monstrous beast. They show weakness, and will die soon." He remarks, in what must be some kind of reassuring tone.

Linguistics:

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:54 am

"Oooh, now there's an interesting design for armor... where'd you come across it, miss? You don't look the forging type to me either, I don't suppose you forged it on your own..."
"Heh, mighty forward, aren't you?" The Knight- or Knightess, judging by her voice, chuckles at Ghreham as he circles her. "As you say, I am no smith. This armor is a family heirloom. I decided, rather than allow it to rust away in the basement, to take it out on one last adventure. Thus here I am!"

Ghreham's inspection of the armor yields interesting results. First, it is composed of an alloy that Ghreham has never seen before. Brass and Gold each have a specific pattern when forged into armor, and he doesn't recognize the forge patterns on the armor. The metal has a unique luster under sunlight, one that he hasn't seen in any other metal, almost refracting a golden aura. The design style, though, he recognizes. It's old Equestrian, particular in the style of armor issued to Paladins of the Solar Court. It's quite the badge of honor, in the olden days.

"Hmm... It's coming along rather nicely. Through... you're right, it could use a little something to help bring out that rich flavor. Does anyone here have some salt that they can spare?" He asked innocently enough.
"Salt, you say?" When she hears Kabra'za's words she perks up, and runs off. She can be seen to duck behind a tent set up in a corner of the ruins, and comes back with a bag full of cooking supplies.

"Please, take this! I am undead, thus I need no food, I brought these along precisely for such an instance!"

You get the feeling she is smiling brightly under her helmet, and inspecting the bag, there's enough in there to make an amazing soup, and then some. And still have some to spare for later.

"A centaur, hmm?" They look the centaur up and down, their voice shifting from energetic to inquisitive. "...There is a slight resemblance... but we are unsure if we've encountered centaurs before..."
Hope Nexus' kind have knowledge of centaurs - particularly, one centaur, a dreadful magic-eater told of in stories who threatened to devour the sun itself. But Hope Nexus' form itself is based more on optimization of locomotion, reach, and overall optimal body arrangement.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:44 am

Kabra'za blinked a little in surprise. Normally how things were meant to pan out was that he would ask for salt, then after adding it he would request some stock if anyone in the area had it to help make the iron soup taste a bit richer, then comment that it could really use something savory to give it a little more variety... and to keep going from there a little bit at a time until he had a hearty 'iron' stew going that those around him had contributed too. Sure they might have figured out that he had fooled them afterwards, but the trick was to make the process so fun for everyone involved and the meal made from it so tasty and filling that they took it on the chin with good nature; It was hard to get mad at a trick that surrounded you with alright company and gave you a good meal after all.

Having one mare give him everything he needed and then some in one shot... well, sure it allowed him to make the soup he had promised but it kind of took some of the fun out of it. Still, despite his internal disappointment he was a solid enough actor to play the good host. "This is most generous of you! While I know that you do not require food to live anymore, I will still ensure that you get the biggest bowl. Only fair after all."

With his new bag of supplies, he quickly got to work. A little salt, a little stock to give it some body... through he paused when he uncovered some vegetables and flowers... He could work with this. Glancing over towards one of the nearest bandits/guards, he asked a question loud enough to be overheard by anyone nearby that was always going to get one of two responses "Forgive me for asking but I must confess a degree of curiosity. In order to survive here on a long term basis you and the rest of your group would need to be rather skilled with at least one weapon... so who do you think is the most talented with a blade?" This would get one of two responses; Either there was one bandit who's skill was great enough that everyone else was would give them that credit regardless of personal feelings... or there were several bandits competing for the title. Either way, he could take advantage of it.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:14 am

"A family heirloom, you say?" Ghreham squints at the armor. That explains the aged design style. But the material... "Good lady, I have noticed something most peculiar about your armor. It is forged from a metal neither gold nor brass nor bronze, nothing I know of in fact... In the name of discover, I absolutely must take a sample. This very moment, if you wouldn't mind. I just need to chip a sliver off this ridge here...?"

Ghreham almost moves to knock a chunk of the armor off, but resists the urge, instead looking to the knightess with an expectant expression.

"In fact, please, tell me your name, good lady. You have a most curious treasure in your possession, you know? That armor could well be worth more than this entire camp combined."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Hope Nexus shudders - quite a sight for a being of their size. "We hope not, we need all ponies, weak and strong!" They cleared their throat, stabilized their shudders, and then continued, more calm, "Of course, we need ponies to not fear us as well, but that's easier to fix than dead ponies... what to do to help sort this out..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Haskur shifts his shoulders, no verbal response to the changeling. Instead, he moves to take off his helmet, the mass of his arms and the weight of the armor making the movements slow and deliberate. Removing the armored helm reveals the large horns were his own, sliding through gaps in the helmet. His face is burnt orange. His black hair, flecked with grey, is pulled back, and he has a short, scruffy beard. His eyes are dark, with piercing yellow irises.

He sets the helmet down, the hefty weight making a thud on the ground. "In this world, the only fear is the darkness and the Hollow. To cower away from allies is to surrender to both." His unmuffled voice seems loud, almost booming with an unnatural echo, though he speaks at a low volume. "That armor," He says, suddenly shifting topics to the golden-clad adventurer. "Gilded and weak. It will not protect you from death, but you seek adventure. You are brave. You should teach these others."

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:56 am

"Gilded and weak. It will not protect you from death, but you seek adventure. You are brave. You should teach these others."
"My armor is strong and holds firm, thank you very much," The Knightess huffs, though she doesn't sound too offended in actuality.

"Good lady, I have noticed something most peculiar about your armor. It is forged from a metal neither gold nor brass nor bronze, nothing I know of in fact... In the name of discover, I absolutely must take a sample. This very moment, if you wouldn't mind. I just need to chip a sliver off this ridge here...?"
"In fact, please, tell me your name, good lady. You have a most curious treasure in your possession, you know? That armor could well be worth more than this entire camp combined."
The Knightess takes a step backward, holding out a hoof to stop him, though she still laughs jovially. "I'm afraid not, friend. I'll lend you my helmet some time, provided you promise not to damage it, but this armor is a dear treasure of my family, so I'd rather it stay unharmed."

"Well, I seek not gold or treasures, only honor through heroic adventure, but... my name is Eclipse Corona. And I am no lady - I am but a crude adventurer, no different from anyone else." The Knightess, Eclipse, laughs again.

"This is most generous of you! While I know that you do not require food to live anymore, I will still ensure that you get the biggest bowl. Only fair after all."
"Ah, there is no need for that-- but who am I to refuse a stranger's kindness? I must graciously accept, for I have not tasted food for many months." Eclipse chuckles, giving Kabra'za a polite bow.

"Forgive me for asking but I must confess a degree of curiosity. In order to survive here on a long term basis you and the rest of your group would need to be rather skilled with at least one weapon... so who do you think is the most talented with a blade?"
The bandits beckoned at by Kabra'za look at each other. Then they all point at Eclipse, many of them with a bemused expression. "The crazy mare appeared a few weeks ago. She's been helping out ever since, kicking the ass of literally everything that came by, for no reward." The bandits chuckle. "She's an idiot. But she's a damn strong idiot."

"Ah, you flatter me," Eclipse laughs breezily.

"But besides her, I suppose it would be the chief, eh?" One of the bandits suggests, and the others nod their heads. "Ah yes... Gaunt's archery is quite the sight. He can shoot a fly out of the air and pierce the bosom of a pony a hundred yards away. If I'll be honest, none of us were properly trained with the blade. Hard to find a master when they're all dead, eh?" The bandits all laugh, apparently at a joke that the outsider's don't quite get.

"Of course, we need ponies to not fear us as well, but that's easier to fix than dead ponies... what to do to help sort this out..."
"Why not prove your worthiness? If you demonstrate your intentions by helping others, they eventually will come around," Eclipse suggests. "I used to be mistrusted by those in these ruins, until I proved myself useful and trustworthy by assisting in the defense of this settlement."

"No, that's just 'cos we realized you're an idiot," One of the bandits call out at her, prompting Eclipse to laugh cheerily. "See? We're all friends here now."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:07 am

"Of course, we need ponies to not fear us as well, but that's easier to fix than dead ponies... what to do to help sort this out..."
"Why not prove your worthiness? If you demonstrate your intentions by helping others, they eventually will come around," Eclipse suggests. "I used to be mistrusted by those in these ruins, until I proved myself useful and trustworthy by assisting in the defense of this settlement."

"If you require such an opportunity, the leader of this camp, Gaunt Quiver, has requested the presence of all able-bodied and willing fighters later, to resolve the issue of this mysterious danger preventing the passing to New Everfree." Umber speaks up, though her voice is still quiet. "I would prefer not lingering so long in this place. We would like to continue on our journey." She looks down at the Hollow as she says that.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:53 am

"Eclipse Corona," Ghreham muses, pulling back. "A radiant name for a radiant knight. Well met, then, Miss Eclipse. My name is Ghreham. A smith by trade, but an adventurer at heart," He floats up into the air with a few flaps of his wings, giving her a low, sweeping bow.

Turning to Haskur, he nods enthusiastically at Umber's words. "Ah, yes! Knight Haskur, you should join us in this endeavor. The strength of your armor - and yourself, naturally - would be of great aid to us. The sooner the way is cleared, the sooner we can pursue our respective goals, no?"

He includes Haskur's natural strength, but it's obvious that Ghreham is more interested in seeing his armor in practice.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Haskur nods, a much quicker response than usual. "Far Iron is strong, and will not fall to pony monsters. It cannot kill me. I will join."

Linguistics:

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Thu May 04, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:04 am

"Far Iron..." Umber hums for a moment. "Forgive my curiosity, but is that a title? A family name? The name of a land?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:35 pm

"It is a... title, yes." Haskur replies hesitantly. "Distant Ironhoof is my Kingdom, known for its metals, its armor and weapons and shields. Far Iron is the symbol of our might."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 am

"That it is, that it is..." Ghreham sounds giddy when Haskur mentions that the centaur kingdom is known of its smithing. "And you, freaky bug thing? Won't you join our little adventure? You look like you can handle yourself," He extends a claw to Hope Nexus, the insults clearly said in jest without malice.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 pm

"We suppose our intimidating nature has its benefits," Hope Nexus said, with a bit of amusement. "We would like nothing better than to participate in this jolly little adventure." With that, they... she... moved towards the other aspiring adventurers, ready to take her place in a group.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 am

Glancing over at what appeared to be a group forming up to undertake a great adventure of sorts... the exact details of which Kabra'za glossed over a little, but it seemed inclined to head into Equestria itself. He was completely on board with this idea, but he had promised to cook a meal for those whom where gathered in the ruins and he didn't want to be called a liar. At least... not over something like this.

Still, it could fit in rather nicely with what he had been planning mere moments before. Clearing his throat, he called over to the forming group of adventurers "If you desire, I'm more then happy to throw in my lot with you in order to get deeper into the dark unknown that is Equestria. However, I must confess that I'm curious about which one of you possesses the most control over a blade. Mayhaps we can have a friendly little competition while we wait for the soup to cook?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 am

"If you desire, I'm more then happy to throw in my lot with you in order to get deeper into the dark unknown that is Equestria. However, I must confess that I'm curious about which one of you possesses the most control over a blade. Mayhaps we can have a friendly little competition while we wait for the soup to cook?"

"Well, I am not opposed to a friendly competition of the blade," Eclipse looks Kabra'za over, "But I'm curious as to why someone obviously not trained in bladed weaponry would express this much interest in these matters."

The soup looks like it might need a little time to cook - it's nothing luxurious, but the ingredients still need maybe up to half an hour to stew a little.

"What do you say?" Turning to the others, Eclipse asks curiously. "Shall we sate his curiosity?"
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 pm

"Well, I am a bladesmith. I have some expertise in my craft..." Ghreham focuses for a moment, glowing white souls coalescing at his claw, which promptly starts to form into countless knives that take to the air, floating around Ghreham in a cloud of blades. He stops when there are roughly fifteen knives floating in the air, all swishing and glinting in the dull sunlight.

"I'll not go down easy in a match of blades."

Ghreham is a Knife-omancer:
Soul Counter:

Last edited by Faege on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Umber watches Ghreham's display, mildly impressed, before she bows politely. "I am no pony of the blade, so I will take my leave for now."

The Hollow turns away and starts walking off in Gaunt Quiver's direction. She does not rush, taking her time to survey the camp from her perch atop the Hollow, gauging the emotional state of the camp, and the general attitude of the guards, seeing if what has Quiver on edge has affected any of the guards.

Perception With Empathetic:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 pm

"I have no blades. Only shields."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Hope Nexus looks down at her mantis-like limbs, then up towards her horn, then says, "...What kind of blade?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:45 am

Making a small 'hmm' noise of thought, Kabra'za decided to vocalize his 'thoughts' in order to try and get the various ponies that were signing on for a chance to prove themselves thinking along the same lines as himself. "Well... A good blademaster needs to have power and control while being precise with their cuts... as well as swiftness. Now what do I have that could be used as a fair measure of such skills..." Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, the zebra 'suddenly' noticed the sack of vegetables nearby before perking up. "Perfect! We'll have a race. Each contestant will get a small pile to cut their way through and the first one who can finish their pile with the most precision will be the best blade master here. Bonus points for style and flair. "
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:17 am

"Perfect! We'll have a race. Each contestant will get a small pile to cut their way through and the first one who can finish their pile with the most precision will be the best blade master here. Bonus points for style and flair. "
A few of the travelers and guards actually look intrigued as well, even if they didn't initially step up. After listening to Kabra'za's proposal, there is some muttering and discussion, and a few ponies from the rabble do pull out knives and daggers and whatnot to compete. There's an overwhelming agreement that because the griffon uses magic he's cheating, and they'll decide the winner out of the honest folk.

"...What kind of blade?"
"Any you can use to dice some old sprouts up, from the sounds of it," Eclipse actually draws out an arming sword from a scabbard at her side, levitating it up in front of her. "I don't suppose you lot think good old fashioned levitation as cheating, do you?"

Since it looks like Eclipse is only wielding one blade rather than something ridiculous like 15 or something, the crowd accept her telekinesis as fair use.

She does not rush, taking her time to survey the camp from her perch atop the Hollow, gauging the emotional state of the camp, and the general attitude of the guards, seeing if what has Quiver on edge has affected any of the guards.
Perception With Empathetic:
Despite a general sense of gloominess and some measure of suspicion, most of the travelers feels to Umber like they largely trust Gaunt's judgement. The guards do look nervous, but she can't tell if it's just the dangers of Old Everfree or this new issue that has them on edge.

Most notably, though, while she wanders through the camp, Umber begins to sense an aura which reminds her of a very distant, but familiar, memory. It brings back memories of fire, and a gnawing just under the skin, and visions of a yawning darkness. The Hollow seems to have picked up on it too, an insistent attraction leading them towards a hut near the very back of the camp, where Gaunt and most of the resident bandits have their shelters.

"Come in."

As the pair approach, a mare's voice drifts out from within the hut, drawing them even closer. Inside the hut Umber finds a mare wearing robes very much like her's, her head bowed. She looks to be around middle aged in appearance, but there's an air of ageless wisdom about her, and when she turns her head towards Umber, she sees that the robed mare's eyes are milky white - she's blind. "Hello, dear. I don't believe we've met."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:31 pm

Umber hesitates, struggling against the teachings instilled in her for a moment. Rationally she knows the old rules don't apply to her anymore, but old habits die hard.

"'Twould seem the case," Umber says, as the Hollow kneels down so the two mares are on more equal level. "I am Umber, of Kilnsdale."

"...Good lady, your robes... might you be a firekeeper?"

Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next