Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 21 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 am

XandZero2 wrote:((Yeah, I was really debating whether to have TC jump in before or after you got your leg broken, but I thought before would make more of a lasting impression.))
Plus having a character with a broken leg would've been difficult. Theorycraft seems like a pretty cool pony version of Rorschach... now I feel like watching Watchmen again. (because I watch The Watchmen)
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 21 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 am

Who watches the guy who watches the Watchmen!?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:34 am

Whisper, if the clapping earlier is any sign.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:40 am

XandZero2 wrote:I hope having Theorycraft jump in to save the night is okay with you guys. Don't expect it to happen often, but I thought it would be a great way to introduce him here.

Depends. Is there a combat against the 3 police ponies where Coffee and Theorycraft teamup? Or is this going to be handled solely by Theorycraft offscreen? The first is cool with me, the second not so much.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 am

Cardbo wrote:
XandZero2 wrote:I hope having Theorycraft jump in to save the night is okay with you guys. Don't expect it to happen often, but I thought it would be a great way to introduce him here.

Depends. Is there a combat against the 3 police ponies where Coffee and Theorycraft teamup? Or is this going to be handled solely by Theorycraft offscreen? The first is cool with me, the second not so much.

I was leaving the option open for either one, but keep in mind, if you're fighting, 3 V 2 isn't going to be easy.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 am

If anyone in the party was going to team up with an NPC vs a larger number of opponents at least Coffee Mug is statted out for it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:15 am

Ramsus wrote:If anyone in the party was going to team up with an NPC vs a larger number of opponents at least Coffee Mug is statted out for it.
Stats don't have anything to do with combat, that's more depending on combat talents.

I'm still kind of frustrated by the fact there is no combat talent for healing oneself other than Syphon Life or a group healing one...
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:21 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

I was leaving the option open for either one, but keep in mind, if you're fighting, 3 V 2 isn't going to be easy.

This is the way I see it. Coffee has no choice but to the fight. Its dark. The only source of light is from Lock's horn. If he runs, he still can't see, and if he uses his horn as a light source, thats just begging him for the police ponies to follow him. Secondly, Captain Force still has his ID, and can use it against him, apart from the his various worldly possessions on the ground. Thirdly, he's already told Captain Force where he works, and they can possibly get where he lives from the cab driver. His only hope is put Captain Force and her cronies in the hospital while he makes other arrangements.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:23 am

Demonu wrote:
Ramsus wrote:If anyone in the party was going to team up with an NPC vs a larger number of opponents at least Coffee Mug is statted out for it.
Stats don't have anything to do with combat, that's more depending on combat talents.

I'm still kind of frustrated by the fact there is no combat talent for healing oneself other than Syphon Life or a group healing one...
What do you mean? Are you saying you can't target yourself with spells that say "Target Ally"? Because I always considered myself my own ally, and I thought the Combat Talents did too.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 am

Yawnmon wrote:
Demonu wrote:

What do you mean? Are you saying you can't target yourself with spells that say "Target Ally"? Because I always considered myself my own ally, and I thought the Combat Talents did too.
Nope, I asked about it.

Target ally means another player. It's the reason why Syphon Life specifically mentions you or target ally. All allies does include yourself as you target the entire party and you're part of it. And you can't be your own ally without some weird time travelling paradox or something.

Real shame though, because I had an entire build based around self-hurt to get bloodied, deal massive damage and then heal myself back up with Magnificent Melody, with the added damage bonus for 2 turns.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:28 am

Demonu wrote:
Yawnmon wrote:
Demonu wrote:

Nope, I asked about it.

Target ally means another player. It's the reason why Syphon Life specifically mentions you or target ally. All allies does include yourself as you target the entire party and you're part of it. And you can't be your own ally without some weird time travelling paradox or something.

Real shame though, because I had an entire build based around self-hurt to get bloodied, deal massive damage and then heal myself back up with Magnificent Melody, with the added damage bonus for 2 turns.
Wow, knowing that changes everything... Now I have to ask Xand if I cant change my Combat Talents cause I had no idea about that when I picked them :/
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:33 am

Probably not an issue since you've yet to even be in combat yet.

Demonu, I meant statted out in a broader sense since there isn't actually anything called Stats on a Pony Tales character sheet. I was referring to his choice of combat talents.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:37 am

Ramsus wrote:Probably not an issue since you've yet to even be in combat yet.

Demonu, I meant statted out in a broader sense since there isn't actually anything called Stats on a Pony Tales character sheet. I was referring to his choice of combat talents.
Stats or attributes, same thing.

Well, I think all of us would have some degree of being capable of holding our own in 1 on 1 but if Theorycraft doesn't have healing talents and the police decides to be dicks and gang up on Coffee Mug, he's a goner.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:03 am

I always assumed that even in combat players and the GM would still be roleplaying realistically and not have everyone attack one guy over all the other opponents just because that's the more mechanically efficient option. But, it is possible they will anyway. If that happens I highly suggest we all try and trick Xand and say that Coffee Mug is a recurring villain and got away after the fight ended anyway. jocolor
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 am

Ramsus wrote:I always assumed that even in combat players and the GM would still be roleplaying realistically and not have everyone attack one guy over all the other opponents just because that's the more mechanically efficient option. But, it is possible they will anyway. If that happens I highly suggest we all try and trick Xand and say that Coffee Mug is a recurring villain and got away after the fight ended anyway. jocolor
I'm guessing Theorycraft is going to start off at least a few levels higher than us, so hopefully that'll offset the 3-2 enemy ratio. He is gonna be a re-accuring character after all. Putting aside meta reasons, the history on him from what you four learned on the train says he's been a 'Hero' for some time now which would imply he has more 'experience' in the field.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 am

Don't bet on it. Theorycraft isn't Combat heavy. Make nice with him and he might misdirect an attack or two.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Bronymous wrote:Don't bet on it. Theorycraft isn't Combat heavy. Make nice with him and he might misdirect an attack or two.

^Still bitter from that one session with Commander Shepard, R ya?

To B completely honest, I let you get KO'd, because TC blamed you for starting that fight in the first place, so there ;P
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I figured. Ain't even mad.

But I didn't start that fight. Don't make me use the stick.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 pm

XandZero2 wrote:TC's taking:
Single-Minded Determination (Perfect Focus), Against the Odds, Dark as It Gets (Furious Rage), Come and Get Me (Defender), Martial Arts (Knife in the Dark), ...When You Are (Meditate) ))
So Theorycraft confirmed for being at least level 2 seeing as he gets 6 Combat Talents in battle instead of 5, which requires the "Dangerous" Combat Trait. Looks like they're not all gonna be focusing Coffee though which is good. Makes sense too, seeing as bringing in Theorycraft would probably get them a raise and a promotion, where as beating Coffee Mug down is just personal.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 am

Also, I'm going to get to everypony else too, just bare with me guys
Oh goody, I almost thought you'd forgotten about us Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 am

I think if the GM forgets about you... You can make them let you say what happened since they saw them last. Or something like that. Isn't that apart of the GM rulebook?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I think if the GM forgets about you... You can make them let you say what happened since they saw them last. Or something like that. Isn't that apart of the GM rulebook?

I don't know about most GM handbooks, but the one for this system says nothing of the sort.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:17 am

Oh there it is.. Under the "silly ideas that Xel thinks might be real" listing. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 am

@Everypony:

I'm currently in the middle of commenting on 3 classes worth of papers, and these aren't even the final drafts. I got to have them all done by Wednesday at 2 too, so I'm pretty busy right now (especially since I procrastinated too much over the weekend - Doh).

That's why I'm a little short on time for the campaign at the moment. I got an update for everypony though - just don't expect too much more until Wednesday night.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 am

XandZero2 wrote:@Everypony:

I'm currently in the middle of commenting on 3 classes worth of papers, and these aren't even the final drafts. I got to have them all done by Wednesday at 2 too, so I'm pretty busy right now (especially since I procrastinated too much over the weekend - Doh).

That's why I'm a little short on time for the campaign at the moment. I got an update for everypony though - just don't expect too much more until Wednesday night.
No problem. Real life takes priority.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next