Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 12 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Whisper tries to remember any similar cases she might have seen or heard about and their resolutions. ((Aiding Clue Seeker: Streetwise: 14+13= 27.))
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:59 am

((Awesome role-playing guys!))

Ramsus wrote:"Crud. Knew I'd need that pie today. Just knew it."

Whisper trembled but, stood her ground. "Th-th-that s-so? W-well last time I smelled you Excessive Farts it was a mile upwind of town. I see you and your cronies Bowel Control and Lime & Key managed to get jobs huh? What, did the gangs kick you out, so you had to join the other side?" said, Whisper, proud of herself for her good showing of wit under pressure and losing sight of the fact that they were police ponies and that she was moments ago feeling scared and probably would go back to being so as soon as she thought about what she just did.

Fortunately(?) she failed to think about it at all and blundered on to say, "So you're arresting ponies, er, griffons, on mere accusations and heresay now? Without even talking to witnesses to boot? Well, I guess if you three are on the force, standards might have dropped that low."

"................................" She thought about it.

Buck glanced up.

The purple Earth Pony stared at Whisper with a look of open-mouthed shock.

The black Pegasus momentarily took her attention away from Chitin, looking back and forth between Whisper to the purple Earth Pony, raising an eyebrow and cocking her head to one side. "You gonna take that, Captain?"

The brown Unicorn, Lock, grinned, “Heh, Excessive Farts, that’s a good-”

One glare from the Captain was enough to silence Lock and make the Pegasus drop her gaze - but the Pegasus looked back up sharply as Chitin spoke up too.

Dr Blight wrote:"Yeah? Well keep waiting! I know for a fact he wasn't going 'buck wild' since I was standing right in front of him. The only thing he did was get into an argument with me and some of my cabin-mates! And the whole thing was resolved between us peacefully. I don't think arguing is a crime now is it? Since you probably don't know, the answer is no, no it isn't. And the term is Obstruction of Justice by the way!"

The Pegasus paused, "Obstruction of...?" She shook her head, "Nah, that can't be right... Digestion maybe?" And then she shook herself again, "-HEY! What about the destruction of property then, Ginger?!"

Cardbo wrote: "However, I and my friends were on the train. We were the ones who calmed Buck down."

The Pegasus glanced nervously from Chitin to Coffee Mug, "We.. we still got report he shredded a cabin hallway - so there!" She nodded, looking around for back-up. "Yeah. Obstruction of Property, right Captain Force?"

The purple Earth Pony, also the apparent captain of the unit, was about to say something when Clue Seeker stepped forward.

Demonu wrote: "While it's true that there was a minor dispute on the train," Clue Seeker began with a calm but stern voice, "it got resolved between the passengers."

"I should know," said Clue Seeker as he looked from the pony to Buck and back, "I was one of them. And I know that you can't arrest someone for getting a bit excited."

"Furthermore," Clue Seeker added as his tone filled with more authority, "there were no charges or complaints filed and all you have to go on are multiple reports without any actual proof to back them up other than your personal history with Buck here, which makes you partial to the case and unfit to handle it."

Clue Seeker's expression hardened "And going by your display of power here, I doubt you even have an arrest warrant or else you would be doing this one by the book."

"I... I..." The Captain staggered back as if she'd been hit by a physical blow, "I..."

"What about the damages Captain?" The Pegasus looked at Force in an almost pleading manner, "We can still get him on the damages, right?"

Lock gave a nervous cough, and the Captain seemed to regain her composure somewhat. She glanced at the rest of her squad, then glared back at Clue Seeker "Now look here you," she stabbed an accusing hoof at him, "I don't know who you think you are, but this is my beat and my perp. You think you can just muscle in with a bunch of fancy talk and threats, then get the Griffon off just like that? What do you know? I've been waiting months to pin something on him or one of his buddies, just so I could nail their feathery butts to the wall of Blackhoof Pen for good. How much is Mike paying you to bail out his guys, huh? HUH?!"

She turned her withering gaze on Whisper, “And look at you,” she said, gritting her teeth, eyes wide, “Looks like Widdle Whisper thinks she's all grown up..." She took a step forward, "Got a cutie-mark and everything, I see..." She took another step forward, kicking up dust with one hoof. "Maybe you think you and your friends are above the law too, huh? Maybe you think you're better than us? Maybe-"

She was about to take another step to get right up in Whisper's face, but Buck stepped between them, staring at the Captain and frowning. "Let her be," he growled, his feathers bristling.

The other three Police Pony sat down, watching all this and scratching their heads.

Meanwhile, Mook and Minion had stopped unpacking the train to sit and watch too, while the rest of the ponies in black ignored everything and just continued unloading. The baby dragon was still nowhere to be seen, hidden behind his herd of groupies...

((I'll PM the results of the checks in a bit.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:43 am

Whisper opened and closed her mouth several times but no sound came out. She couldn't believe what she'd just done. They were gonna cream her! And they were police now! Lock liked her joke! She was done for! Hey wait, doesn't one of those not match?

And then Buck stepped in and she snapped back to reality (close enough anyway) and remembered why she was here. To help Buck. And the best way to do that was.....to help Clue Seeker apparently.

She retreated a few steps over to Clue Seeker and sent him a PM, wait no that's me let forth a flurry of hushed whispering into his ears.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 am

17(roll) +11(persuasion)=28 to attempt to intimidate the captain away from intimidating Whisper and focus on Chitin. I couldn't think of anything else to use to intimidate that wouldn't count as openly hostile.
Chitin brought a hoof to her face. "Did you get your badge from a box of cereal? you Digest food not justice you feather brain!" Chitin was silent for a moment as she watched the captain begin to march on Whisper and Buck get in the way. Chitin stepped in front of Buck and began her own march back towards the captain as she spoke, each step she took being heavy and loud. "Yeah? Well your perp, hasn't done anything wrong, I guess your beat is a bust! We're being payed nothing because we've never even MET Big Mike before. We're also the only witnesses to your so called crime and every single on of us is telling you nothing happened. There was no 'destruction of property', there was no 'going buck wild'. We're getting in your way, because you are completely and utterly wrong! So why don't you turn around, go back to your little station and twiddle your hooves while you wait for Buck to drop a feather in the wrong place like I know you will. You. Are. Not. Needed. Here." By the end of her little speech Chitin was likewise right in the face of the Captain.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:34 am

OOC: We can't stop here: This is Role Playing Country Cool

Clue Seeker raised his hoof to rub his chin in a way smart ponies like to rub their chin when pondering something.

"I concur that there was some property damage, yes. A small crack in a wooden wall*, if I recall." said Clue Seeker as he lowered his hoof and pointed at Captain Force. "But here's the thing: it wasn't intentional nor was it an act of vandalism. If anything," Clue Seeker pointed his hoof at Buck, "Buck here doesn't know his own strenght that well."

Clue Seeker faced the officer again and looked him dead in the eyes. "The most you could do is give Buck a fine to compensate for the damage and you know as well as I that said fine will be paid by his employer Big Mike, which I'm certain he'll prefer over having his employee arrested and put in jail."

Clue Seeker's face hardened with a stern look. "As to who I am: I'm the pony that's going to have a talk with your superior officer about the use of excessive force, utilizing police resources to settle a personal dispute and," he pointed at Whisper, "defamation of a citizen of New Orreigns."

Clue Seeker turned his head to take a final glance at Buck and the ponies in black before addressing Captain Force one final time. "Now, unless you want to give me more reasons to get Internal Affairs all over you, I suggest you write out the fine and be done with it. Please tell Police Chief Prejudice I said hi and that I'll be visiting the station tomorrow. Now if you will excuse me," Clue Seeker said as he looked over his shoulder, "I think my dinner is being served."

Do I need to roll Persuasion for this statement? If so [20 + 13 Persuasion = 33]
Natural 20, like a boss Cool

*No point in trying to cover this up, guys. At the very least, this could be considered circumstantial evidence. Page 7 if you need to check for yourself.

@ Xandzero2:

I would like to change Clue Seeker's training in Streetsmarts to History if that's okay. I feel it's more appropriate and IC for Clue Seeker.

Last edited by Demonu on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:10 pm

OOC: Coffee is going to use his Mirage ability to create a camera somewhere out of sight but noticable if its pointed out.

"Plus, do you realize this is all being recorded as we speak? Coffee points out the miraged camera.

"Just saying."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:52 pm

At "defamation of a citizen of New Orreigns." Whisper shrank away on cue, hiding behind Clue Seeker (because he was closest). ((Aid Clue Seeker's Persuasion, Persuasion: 9+18= 27. Additionally Whisper will spend an MP (how many do I have left?) if needed to use Generosity on Clue Seeker's check.))

((Edit: Assuming the aid succeeded and the 15 from Generosity was added that'd be a 52 for Clue Seeker's Persuasion.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 am

Dr Blight wrote:Chitin stepped in front of Buck and began her own march back towards the captain as she spoke, each step she took being heavy and loud. "Yeah? Well your perp, hasn't done anything wrong, I guess your beat is a bust! We're being payed nothing because we've never even MET Big Mike before. We're also the only witnesses to your so called crime and every single on of us is telling you nothing happened. There was no 'destruction of property', there was no 'going buck wild'. We're getting in your way, because you are completely and utterly wrong! So why don't you turn around, go back to your little station and twiddle your hooves while you wait for Buck to drop a feather in the wrong place like I know you will. You. Are. Not. Needed. Here." By the end of her little speech Chitin was likewise right in the face of the Captain.

Captain Force took a step back. "But..."

Demonu wrote:Clue Seeker raised his hoof to rub his chin in a way smart ponies like to rub their chin when pondering something.

"I concur that there was some property damage, yes. A small crack in a wooden wall, if I recall." said Clue Seeker as he lowered his hoof and pointed at Captain Force. "But here's the thing: it wasn't intentional nor was it an act of vandalism. If anything," Clue Seeker pointed his hoof at Buck, "Buck here doesn't know his own strenght that well."

Clue Seeker faced the officer again and looked her dead in the eyes. "The most you could do is give Buck a fine to compensate for the damage and you know as well as I that said fine will be paid by his employer Big Mike, which I'm certain he'll prefer over having his employee arrested and put in jail."

Clue Seeker's face hardened with a stern look. "As to who I am: I'm the pony that's going to have a talk with your superior officer about the use of excessive force, utilizing police resources to settle a personal dispute and," he pointed at Whisper, "defamation of a citizen of New Orreigns."

Clue Seeker turned his head to take a final glance at Buck and the ponies in black before addressing Captain Force one final time. "Now, unless you want to give me more reasons to get Internal Affairs all over you, I suggest you write out the fine and be done with it. Please tell Police Chief Prejudice I said hi and that I'll be visiting the station tomorrow. Now if you will excuse me," Clue Seeker said as he looked over his shoulder, "I think my dinner is being served."

The Captain took another step back, glancing at the other pony police officers, but seeing no aid forthcoming.

Cardbo wrote:"Plus, do you realize this is all being recorded as we speak? Coffee points out the miraged camera.

"Just saying."

Excessive Force spun back around, "HUH?!"

Ramsus wrote:At "defamation of a citizen of New Orreigns." Whisper had shrank away on cue, hiding behind Clue Seeker (because he was closest).

The police captain caught sight of Whisper and poured all her outrage into one final spite-filled glare, but as she did so both Chitin and Buck moved to block her line of fire, glaring right back at the Captain with their own steady gazes. The Captain looked from Coffee Mug and his camera, to Clue Seeker and his indifference - glancing back to his 'dinner' like such a cocky motherbucker, as if it was all over, as if she, Excessive Force, proud Captain of the New Orreigns Pony Police Department, were done... But she was, wasn't she?

Captain Force shrank back into the ranks of her fellow officers, taking her place between the black pegasus and the brown unicorn. She grumbled something under her breath about a motherbuckin' wuss and her motherbuckin' friends...

"Fine," she finally muttered, reaching into her coat, yanking out a pen and notepad in her mouth, grunting "Fine," again as she did so. She grabbed the pen and pad in her hooves, scribbled out something furiously, stabbing at the paper with each thrust of her pen.

-Then the pen snapped in her hoof.

The Captain glared at it. Her eyes went wide. She grit her teeth, forcibly stifling a scream.

Then she threw down the pen, tore off the sheet she'd been writing on, and hurled it at Buck.

-The paper went a few inches before it caught in the wind, drifted gently downward, and came to rest on the floor at her feet.

Captain Force kicked the paper at Buck, then turned and nodded at the other officers. "COME ON!"

As she stomped off towards the exit, she muttered to herself, This isn't over... Not by a longshot..."

When the Captain and her officers were finally gone, Buck relaxed and looked at the others, then glanced down at the floor. He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head, blushing in spite of himself. "Thanks... everypony..." He muttered, his rumbling voice barely above a whisper.

Then the whole station burst into applause.

As you look around, you realize that a good-sized audience has gathered to watch the performance. Even Mike's guys have stopped their work to applaud, stomping the ground with their hooves in unison, and as you watch, the crowd of teenage fans part ranks, to reveal the white baby dragon at their center.

Even Renji is clapping, grinning at the lot of you with interest.

((Awesome. Simply awesome. I think that deserves some Harmony.

You had 150 after calming Buck...

I'm going to give you another 100 for befriending Buck and treating his allies with respect...

And another 150 for saving Buck's butt and showing up Excessive Force and her cronies without resorting to combat.

That sound fair?

-Plus, you've unlocked the achievement: Friend of the Buck. A new song has been added to the soundroom:

Spoiler:

^This is basically Buck's theme, though it may change over time with friends like you guys))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:44 am

Whisper freaked out by the sudden mass attention and already hiding behind Clue Seeker attempts (futility) to hide behind his shadow too. ((Stealth: 5+12= 17.)) =P

((Edit: lol, Blade Blocker gets 150 xp for guarding the food from threats.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 am

Oh yeah, we got this role playing skit down Cool

Hearing the sound of applause, Clue Seeker snapped back out of "super serious" mode and looked around in slight confusion to see what was happening. It was when he realized that everypony was applauding for him and his friends, that he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck while a slight blush crept up on his cheeks.

"Well, that's that than." Clue Seeker said in a matter of fact tone.

Clue Seeker lowered his head and voice as he whispered to Buck "Told you I would handle any trouble with the police." with a smile and a wink.

Snapping back upright, he gave the crowd a small wave to try to get them to calm down a bit before turning to his friends saying "Let's go back to the restaurant. I just hope our dinner isn't cold by now."

And with a last smile and wave to the crown, Clue Seeker turned on his hooves and started to trot back over to the "Kaiser Seahorse."
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 am

Whisper waved to Buck and followed behind Clue Seeker, making a game of trying to stay standing in his shadow.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 am

Chitin blinked and looked around quickly, surprised at the sudden explosion of sound. This was definitely new to her, she smiled awkwardly and took a few steps backwards before turning to go follow her friends. She stopped by Buck and looked up at him with a slightly less awkward smile. "I'll probably be seeing you guys again soon so, until next time!" she gave a little nod before running off after her group back to their table, not used to being cheered for and finding it a little uncomfortable.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:40 am

Coffee gives a nod to Buck. "Right. Not a problem."

Coffee gives a small half-salute, half-wave with his hooves to the crowd as he heads back to the Kaiser Seahorse.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Buck nods and waves to everypony, being especially energetic when he catches Whisper's eye.

Then he goes back to the baby dragon and the rest of the ponies in black to finish his job, as the crowd finally stops applauding and likewise starts going back to their own business.

You arrive at your table in the Kaiser Seahorse to plates and bowls of food that still maintain their steaming goodness - Blade Blocker having kept everything safe, watching the food (and the passing mares) like a hawk.

((Let me know when you guys are ready to move on from this scene. If you want to play out dinner though, it might be a good time to get to know Blade Blocker, and each other, a little better. It's up to you.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Clue Seeker tentatively took a bite from his dinner to see if it was up to his expectations. Suffice to say, it was and even exceeded them so he happily helped himself to a second bite and a third one and a fourth one...

"So what brings you to New Orreigns, Mr. Blade Blocker?" Clue Seeker asked somewhere in between the sixth and seventh bite.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Whisper gave a soft "Hey" when Clue Seeker sat down and made keeping in his shadow impossible unless she wanted to lie across the table and stand on Blade Blocker's head. Then she sat down and ate her chowder, which she must have ended up filling half with crackers. Her ears perked up when Clue Seeker began interrogating Blade Blocker for his origin story.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Ramsus wrote:Whisper gave a soft "Hey" when Clue Seeker sat down and made keeping in his shadow impossible unless she wanted to lie across the table and stand on Blade Blocker's head. Then she sat down and ate her chowder, which she must have ended up filling half with crackers. Her ears perked up when Clue Seeker began interrogating Blade Blocker for his origin story.
It's not interrogating, just friendly chit chat. Just because Clue Seeker is a detective doesn't mean every conversation with him is a potential third degree interrogation Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Coffee looks at his Shubedoo. The Shubedoo a bowl full of lime green liquid. It looked a little unappetizing, all things considered. Coffee took a tentative bite. 'Not bad. A little greasy. Hope this doesn't give me heartburn.' He thought to himself.

"So what brings you to New Orreigns, Mr. Blade Blocker?" Clue Seeker asked somewhere in between the sixth and seventh bite.

Coffee telekinentically moved the overhead lamp over Blade Blocker's head, to make it look like an interrogation. "Kidding."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 pm

"Hey, welcome back!" Blade said cheerfully, averting his eyes from a certain mare's flank after seeing you all come back inside.
Cardbo wrote:
Coffee telekinentically moved the overhead lamp over Blade Blocker's head, to make it look like an interrogation. "Kidding."
"Haha, very funny," he sarcastically remarked towards Coffee. "I take it that means things went well with the police? Sorry, I couldn't exactly hear from over here, And I was a bit distracted." In response to Clue Seeker he continues, "As I was saying earlier I earned a good chunk of time off from work thanks to some community service I've been doing around Cloudsdale, my home town. I decided I'd use the time to come visit my little sister who's going to school at the university here, and maybe have some fun at the upcoming festival." He's feeling a bit talkative because he's already finished his second mug of cider (which is his stopping point unless he's trying to get drunk, which he isn't right now), and has already gobbled up the majority of his plate before you all walked in, leaving his mouth free to chat as much as he likes.

((I get the feeling his love of pretty mares will be his Achilles heel one of these days.))
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Yawnmon wrote:

In response to Clue Seeker he continues, "As I was saying earlier I earned a good chunk of time off from work thanks to some community service I've been doing around Cloudsdale, my home town. I decided I'd use the time to come visit my little sister who's going to school at the university here, and maybe have some fun at the upcoming festival."

"Oh hey, I think you mentioned that before. What classes does she take?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Oh hey, I think you mentioned that before. What classes does she take?"
"I'm not sure on all the specifics but she's majoring in environmental science, which is why she picked UNO. Said she found the strange environment around the city "fascinating" and wanted to learn more about it, and the other various weather conditions in the area. She's always been a real smart girl, if a bit weak in stature. Ponies said we balanced each other out, and I agreed with them (even if they were inadvertently calling me stupid). Her name's Rain Light by the way.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 pm

"Sounds like a bright filly, though I guess I won't be having her in my class. I teach Astronomy."

Coffee takes a bread stick and dips it into the Shubedoo, and takes a bite.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:51 pm

"When you guys go to the University tomorrow do you mind if I tag along?" Whisper asks before moving on to her main course.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Ramsus wrote:"When you guys go to the University tomorrow do you mind if I tag along?" Whisper asks before moving on to her main course.

Oh sure. Feel free to tag along. I should probably get you and Blade Blocker's shell numbers then."

Coffee pulls out his shell phone, which is shaped and colored like a black clam, and looks Whisper and Blade Blocker's expectantly.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Chitin sat there quietly munching away at her salad, her fork floating beside her. She swallowed a mouthful of lettuce and took a quick sip of her drink before speaking. "So it sounds like you all will be going to the university together then? I'll be going to meet my potential employers tomorrow morning then looking for a place to officially stay so, guess tonight will be it?" She speared another few leaves of lettuce with her fork and took another bite. After finishing that one off she paused for a moment looking away before nodding to herself and looking back. "I might not catch you all in the morning for one reason or another so, in case I don't, it's been fun!"
((and with that, I'm ready to move on whenever you all are.))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next