Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 26 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Whisper trots over to Buck and pats him on the back, "There there big guy. Nobody's gonna cage you. That'd be pretty incongruous for the incognito princess to incubate such a plan. Besides, right now Dawn owns her shiny princess bow, and if anything happened to you I'm sure something worse would happen to it. Because Dawn is apparently part shark. Anywhoo that wasn't the 'saying before' I meant. I meant the part about maybe us getting work or something that would result in us having more bits. I mean money not....y'know. Ok. Just being clear."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:24 pm

"I guess that rules out you calling up someone to bring you the 30 bits huh? So why don't you want to upgrade from princess to queen anyway? From what I've heard, princesses tend to get auctioned off to secure deals and treaties, but getting to be ruler of your own country doesn't sound so bad." Chitin blinks looking at Buck. "So this isn't your natural feather then? I wouldn't have guessed, whoever did your work was good." Chitin's eyes went wide watching Buck have a little breakdown before walking over to the other side of him from Whisper and awkwardly patting his back as well. "Hey!...uh... there there. I'm pretty sure there's no guards around or she wouldn't be in the situation she is with us. Or at the very least, they'd have to be the most laughably pathetic guards in existence to have let that happen."
((just in case: 14(roll)+11(persuasion)=25))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:51 pm

And Gleeda would've explained why she doesn't want to rule if it wasn't for Buck's brake down she wasn't even sure WHY he was reacting in such a way... Until she realized just what Buck's words mean he had gone through after their little spar. "Oh my... I... I... I... Didn't know... If I did I would've done what I could've to have gotten you out right away. I asked... They ever told me anything. I'm... So sorry..."

(Gleeda uses Element of Generosity to add in skill check...)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 pm

OOC:CM's good. You can move on til after dinner. Think the Mayor is now CM's personal hero now. Very Happy
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 am

Beauty wrote:(she made a point to actually call him 'Blade' now - smiling whenever she said it) "You know?" She said, putting a hoof to her mouth to hold back her snickering, "I get that a lot."
With a big dumb smile on his face he says, "That's not very surprising. I think I remember having a similar reaction." After he finishes his meal he gives the mayor his thanks again.

((Yay food! Okay I'm good with moving on too.))
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 am

At Labrynth's United...

Buck had stopped rocking back and forth when Whisper put her hoof on his shoulder and told him about the "shiny princess bow," and he'd calmed down even more when Chitin put her hoof on his other shoulder and talked about the "laughably pathetic guards," but when he heard Gleeda actually apologize - that had been the final straw.

-He was having to fight back the tears.

Buck rose back up on his feet, trying hard not to look anypony in the eye. "Thanks," he rumbled, getting choked up even as he said just that one word, "Whisper... Dawn... You guys... You guys are too good..."

Finally, he built up the courage - I won't cry, darn it, I won't! - and after a moment, he looked up at Gleeda - and then he cried anyway. "Buck it." He muttered, wiping away his tears with the back of one arm, nodding in her direction - though his instincts told him to bow, "You honor me princess..." He shook his head, "but I don't deserve your pity, and I never blamed you for what happened. If anything, you stopped me from doing even more damage... and I thank you for that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at UNO...

After finishing up your dinner at the cafeteria (aka - stuffing your faces since you hadn't eaten anything since like 11 the other night - and it's about 6:00 right now), you all start heading back to check in on Ancient Relic, but in the middle of your walk back, you hear the peel of a bell. It rings three times in slow succession - and then the hallway is flooded with students rushing out of their classes.

Ms. Beauty scoops up Ozzy and holds him tight so he doesn't get stepped on, and then your group navigates through the hallway; getting pushed, shoved, jarred, and jostled by the herd of rabid students making their way to the cafeteria and their night classes.

Before long you do make it back to the auditorium, but it's been nothing if not a struggle.

You all take a moment to catch a break from the pandemonium, and then you realize that this time around, there's more than just a sleeping Ancient Relic here to greet you.

Actually, there's an entire class.

-And it's a big class too.

You count over a hundred students already in their seats, with more still filtering in... and Ancient Relic's hasn't moved from the podium the whole time. She's still fast asleep, snoring into the mic - though everpony seems to be ignoring her for the time being.

There's quite a few conversations going on in the stands, students talking about every topic under the sun, but even in the chaos, Blade Blocker's ears flick up at a voice he recognizes.

Rain Light

-He catches sight of her sitting about six rows up, chatting with a bunch of other fillies you can only assume to be her friends. She looks just like Blade remembers her - though she does seem to have done something new with her mane...

Spoiler:

She doesn't seem to have noticed you yet.

((PS - Hope you like my rendition of Rain Light Yawnmon. I really wanted to play around with a mane-style I hadn't used before, so I went with an Avatar inspired do. I personally like how it came out, but what do ya think? She's Blade's sister.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

XandZero2 wrote:At Labrynth's United...

Buck had stopped rocking back and forth when Whisper put her hoof on his shoulder and told him about the "shiny princess bow," and he'd calmed down even more when Chitin put her hoof on his other shoulder and talked about the "laughably pathetic guards," but when he heard Gleeda actually apologize - that had been the final straw.

-He was having to fight back the tears.

Buck rose back up on his feet, trying hard not to look anypony in the eye. "Thanks," he rumbled, getting choked up even as he said just that one word, "Whisper... Dawn... You guys... You guys are too good..."

Finally, he built up the courage - I won't cry, darn it, I won't! - and after a moment, he looked up at Gleeda - and then he cried anyway. "Buck it." He muttered, wiping away his tears with the back of one arm, nodding in her direction - though his instincts told him to bow, "You honor me princess..." He shook his head, "but I don't deserve your pity, and I never blamed you for what happened. If anything, you stopped me from doing even more damage... and I thank you for that."
"I do not pity you for what you have been though. I only give you my respect for still being able get back up and having earned your freedom." Gleeda said as she was trying to hold back the urge to give Buck a hug... "I only feel shame that I had not pushed this issue farther on my end and I feel I should have personally been there to have given you, your freedom." Then she added with a cloy smile that showed how much she fancied Buck for his combat skills. "I think fondly of that spar, by the way... You didn't hold back at all, I can't help but like that in a Male. Not many have been willing to fight me like that in my lifetime that haven't been either taken or too old..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Gleeda wrote: "I think fondly of that spar, by the way... You didn't hold back at all, I can't help but like that in a Male. Not many have been willing to fight me like that in my lifetime that haven't been either taken or too old..."

At the mention of "taken or too old" Buck's eye widened.

-His tears had already dried up at "I can't help but like that in a Male."

He opened his beak to speak, but nothing came out. He glanced at Whisper and Chitin in turn, trying to see if they'd heard the same thing he thought he'd just heard. A princess - flirting with him?

He must be dreamin'.

Turning back to Gleeda, he still felt at a loss for words (he also felt like he might blush, but thankfully he wasn't there quite yet - for the time being he was more stunned than bashful).

"I... um...er...Buck." He took a deep breath and raised a talon. "Uh... I'll... um..." He stood there a moment, lowered his gaze, shook his head, then let out a deep sigh. "Awwww - buck it. What a day..."

Without any further warning, he turned around and started walking off towards the elevators. He got a little ways before motioning for them all to follow. "Come on..." he rumbled, suddenly sounding both tired and exasperated, "You guys lookin' for work? Don't see why ya shouldn't have it. I'll get ya a buckin' audience with Big Mike. If I can't do that buckin' much for my buckin' friends, what buckin' good am I?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Whisper smiled and hummed to herself as she followed Buck.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Chitin was silent for a moment looking between Gleeda and Buck as he walked towards the elevators and waved them over. "From what I know of you two, I for one think you'd be good together." She said,leaning in towards Gleeda slightly before walking off after Buck to the elevator. "Thank you Buck! You sure you won't get in trouble for this?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:39 am

"Thats...thats a lot of students." CM looks nervous for some reason.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 am

Gleeda smiles at Buck's reaction, while the only she that was but a minor fib was that there were more then just two types of males that wouldn't hold back while fighting her... But that wasn't really an issue, it was only really her wild fight with Buck that she has any fondness for. Her feeling on the idea of fighting Buck again or even maybe mating with him... Got the same reaction out of her, when it came to Buck.

Dr Blight wrote:Chitin was silent for a moment looking between Gleeda and Buck as he walked towards the elevators and waved them over. "From what I know of you two, I for one think you'd be good together." She said,leaning in towards Gleeda slightly before walking off after Buck to the elevator. "Thank you Buck! You sure you won't get in trouble for this?"
And it was only after Dawn's comment that Gleeda was snapped out of her happy & mild lustful for combat (and more) daze... Then the Royal Griffon blushed and just quietly followed.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 am

((Cool design Xand, Not how I imagined her but that's a good thing, I wanted her to be a bit different from Blade's memory now that she's become independent.))
XandZero2 wrote:You count over a hundred students already in their seats, with more still filtering in... and Ancient Relic's hasn't moved from the podium the whole time. She's still fast asleep, snoring into the mic - though everpony seems to be ignoring her for the time being.
"Well... I didn't see that coming. Does anybo-" he freezes mid sentence
XandZero2 wrote:Rain Light
After a few seconds of him just standing there with his mouth partially open, he lets a big smile form as he thinks of different ways he could surprise her. He turns to look Beauty in the eyes and says, "Excuse me for a moment." Then he flies towards Rain Light at a reasonable speed for indoor flying and stops in the air directly in front of her. He says, "Hey sis," and gives it exactly 1 second to sink in before tackling her into a hug.

((The flying here doesn't seem too complicated so I assume I don't need to roll for it. Let me know otherwise.)
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Chitin wrote: "Thank you Buck! You sure you won't get in trouble for this?"

"Nope," Buck grunted, stepping into the elevator, turning back around, rearing up on his hind legs and folding his arms in front of his chest. "Should be fine though. You're definitely the type Big Mike's lookin' for. Renji and I've been tellin' him 'bout the favor you did for me last night too. We can both vouch for ya..." Buck nods to Gleeda, "And as for the princess, just her reputation should be enough to get her on the pay roll."

You all step into a spacious, circular elevator chamber with green glass siding. Through the glass, you can see the maze-like gardens surrounding the Labrynth's United main office, and the buildings and streets surrounding it.

Buck points to a grid of buttons. "You want floor 100."

Then he reaches up and grabs a hand-hold on the side of one wall. He pushes - and the entire wall opens outward like a door. He looks back at the rest of you and shakes his head, "You guys know I don't do well with small, enclosed spaces. 'Sides. I need some buckin' air..."

Buck steps out of the elevator and into the gardens. Spreading his massive black and red wings to their full span, he looks up at the sky, and seems to take comfort in the gathering storm clouds. He grins. "Heh. Looks like a storm's brewin'..." ((That's the storm the Bronies already encountered, BTW)). Then he turns back to your party and nods. "See ya at the top."

Before you can do or say anything more, Buck shuts the glass door - you hear a sucking sound as it seals tight.

Then, still standing on his hind legs, the one-eyed griffon crouches low to the ground, tenses his body - and rockets into the sky, blowing up a shockwave of wind and leaves that whip across the gardens and rattle the walls of the glass elevator.

-You hear a sonic boom a second later.

And then you can't see Buck at all...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Thats...thats a lot of students." CM looks nervous for some reason.

D'Orreigns clops Coffee Mug on the back. "OF COURSE! Well my friend, what else did you expect! UNO is one of the biggest campuses in this part of Equestria! The biggest and the funnest! Surely you knew? You're going to be teaching here after all!"

The mayor surveys the stands, grinning from ear to ear, waving at everypony he sees.

Yawnmon wrote:((Cool design Xand, Not how I imagined her but that's a good thing, I wanted her to be a bit different from Blade's memory now that she's become independent.))

((Glad to hear you approve))

Yawnmon wrote:((The flying here doesn't seem too complicated so I assume I don't need to roll for it. Let me know otherwise.)

((Yeah, I don't think you really need to make flight checks for the small stuff))

When Blade Blocker excuses himself, Ms. Beauty nods. "Of course," she replies, managing to keep a straight face all the while.

-And when he says "Hey sis,", proceeding to tackle Rain Light into a hug - she busts out laughing, hugging him back. "Hey big brother! I was wondering when you'd be getting into town! How was the trip?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Whisper waves to Buck then steps into the elevator and looks to see if there's a 13th floor.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:29 pm

[quote="XandZero2"]
Cardbo wrote:

D'Orreigns clops Coffee Mug on the back. "OF COURSE! Well my friend, what else did you expect! UNO is one of the biggest campuses in this part of Equestria! The biggest and the funnest! Surely you knew? You're going to be teaching here after all!"

The mayor surveys the stands, grinning from ear to ear, waving at everypony he sees.

" The numbers in my head didn't quite match the reality. I'll adjust, but that's a lot of students. "
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Ramsus wrote:Whisper waves to Buck then steps into the elevator and looks to see if there's a 13th floor.

There is a 13th floor.

(Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!)

Will she press it?

((I have no idea why that matters, BTW))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

And Gleeda just hits the button 100 before Whisper hits the 13th Floor button or something.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am

As soon as Gleeda presses the button marked 100, you feel the elevator vibrate as it's mechanisms come to life. The elevator doors slide shut and the glass chamber begins to rise. You watch as the ground disappears beneath you, while, above the threshold of the elevator doors, numbers flash across a magically lit screen - 4...5...6...

You can feel as the elevator begins to accelerate, picking up speed as it rises higher and higher into the sky, the numbers flashing across the screen faster now - 20..21..22..

You watch as you rise above the shops, the apartments, even the other skyscrapers - rising above the city skyline itself, soaring higher and higher, the numbers flashing across the screen faster and faster - 50.51.52.

Your ears pop from the air pressure as the elevator cuts through the gathering stormclouds, going so fast now that you can feel the G force pushing against you. You rise up above the clouds, pass into clear blue skies, and look up at the numbers flashing across the screen - 68.69.70. - feeling your lips (or beak) peel back from your teeth, feeling your jowls quivering. You imagine you're being pressed down into a cartoon pancake by the force of a cider press, and still the numbers flash across the screen, faster and faster, faster and faster - so fast they blur together into one long line of code - 818283848586

-And then you hear an audible screeching sound, like the breaking systems on a roller coaster. The elevator begins to slow as the numbers on the screen begin to match it - 9192.93.94..95..96...

For a moment you feel utterly weightless, all the G forces reversing at once as the elevator's screeching continues and the final numbers play out across the magical screen - 98...99...100.

The elevator comes to a complete stop and you feel like you've just been on the Zero G ride at Lunaland 5x over. (Make a DC 15 Endurance check to make sure you don't lose your lunch in the elevator).

As you try to recollect yourselves, you notice Buck outside, his arms folded, his wings flapping, staring in at you through the green-tented glass with his one good eye. He says something, and though his voice comes out muffled, you make out the words, "Stand" and "back."

The glass wall reopens, and as wind rushes in through the breach, Buck slips back inside the elevator, folding his wings closed as he does so. He shuts the wall back into place behind him, then turns and grins at all of you, "Took ya long enough," his says, his gravelly voice full of obvious good-humor. Apparently his flight must have done wonders to raise his spirits, for he even goes on to add, "I was waitin' for... buck... must'a been a good five minutes or so?"

He contemplates the three of you for another moment, then shrugs. "So? Ready to meet Big Mike?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 am

Endurance: 5 + 3 = Derp. Hurray!?

When the doors open and Buck asks how they are, Whisper smiles friendlily and says, "Oh, just fine - blargh!", opens her mouth, and a stream of rainbows floods out and shoots down the hallway, quickly picking up speed, until it detonates in a Vomit Rainboom, plastering the hall (and probably Buck and anything else in there right now) with rainbow vomit. Which smells and feels suspiciously like liquified cotton candy. When the resounding echo dies down, Whisper pulls out a handkerchief and dabs at some rainbow good that was dribbling down her chin and just looks at Buck and the others as if nothing just happened.

Last edited by Ramsus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:05 am

((whoo! 12+8! Chitin holds onto her cake!))
Chitin looked up at the display as the numbers began flashing by faster and faster. By around floor 70 she was on her belly pressed against the floor. "When did...I st...ep into...anamusementparkride?!" the rest of the sentence came out in a barely understandable rush as the elevator slowed, lifting her off the floor for a moment to float, surprised, before coming back down with a light thud. "oof...I'm ...not going to be looking forward to the ride down..." She said with half-lidded eyes and an slightly nauseous tone as she picked herself up off the floor and stepped away from the side door so Buck could enter. "We would've been her sooner but we hit traffic somewhere before G2" She said sarcastically before looking over at Whisper and jumping back surprised watching her fire a rainbow barf cannon. She just stared for a while, blinking a few times. ".......what in Equestria did you EAT?!"

Last edited by Dr Blight on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because that...all of that that happened up there.)
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 am

(My roll: 1d20=17+6=23 Gleeda takes it like a boss)

The Girffon of the group didn't seem much fazed by the ride and in fact had more of an reaction when Whisper lost her lunch... "Ewww... Nasty."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 am

"Uh..... well, my parents used to tease me that as a kid I liked to eat everything, even my colors, which is why I came out monochromatic." Whisper said, wincing away a bit in fear of admonishment.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:40 am

"..." Gleeda just stands in shock at that statement. "Ok, you know what? That makes sense... I'll believe that crazy statement."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next