Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 31 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am

Whisper shrugged and replied tentatively, "Sure?" Starting to rethink her opinion of the Zebra. She'd have to learn more to know if she was really doing any good here.

"Um, excuse me Chief but, when did Chitin deceive you? Or are you deceiving us about being deceived? That would be very deceptive. Are you deceiving us right now!? You wouldn't deceive somepony you just met would you?" Whisper thought about saying very hard but, really didn't want the Buffalo yelling at her so she refrained. And she was curious as to what Chitin would say. And if it would be deceptive.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 am

XandZero2 wrote:Gleeda spots a number of grenades and other high-explosives strapped across the Major's chest. She also counts no less than three combat knives and two handgun holsters. He stands upright on his hind legs without any difficulty, and he stares back at her with the eye of a hardened soldier. He has a good poker face and his expression's hard to read.
"Mmm..." She thinks to herself knowing that odds are even with his lack of one eye, she's at best have 45% odds in a fight with this donkey... She liked that, after all Gleeda prefered to be commanded by those that can at least fight on her level if not higher... And she was sure this hardened soldier was her better, the Griffon only hopes she might be lucky enough to be able to learn from him as they work together, assuming that she does get the job with Big Mike.
XandZero2 wrote:"YOU," the Chief snorted, "You DARE ask such a question of me?" He huffs, "Do I not look upset, young Chitin? Do you think I appreciate being deceived? HMPH! You Changelings - Hmph - with your trickery - Hmph - and your lies! Who has not heard of your Queen Chrysalis? Who has not heard of the Great Changeling Invasion of Canterlot Castle? Others may forget, others may forgive, but that invasion occurred less than one year ago, and my tribe has not yet forgotten the memory of that day."

Chief Noble Heart kicks up dust with his back hooves, then butts heads with Chitin, baring down on her with the weight of his thick brow. "Where were you during the Invasion, young Chitin? Hm?! Were you with - that - that - monster Chrysalis? Do you still work for her yet?"
This note makes Gleed twitch... And she worried what that might mean if Chitin said she still sided with Chrysalis. She did just earlier declare she didn't want any harm to befall the changeling after all, but if she admits her loyalty to Chrysalis, the griffon would have to act on that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:54 am

XandZero2 wrote:"By the way," Rain Light leans, "I hope you get a chance to enjoy the city while you're here. There's plenty of things to do..." She glances nonchalantly at Ms. Beauty, then whispers in a sort of sing-song, "and romantic places to go-o..."
"Like I said, we've got a lot to talk about," he says, giving her a wink.
XandZero2 wrote:At this point she turns to BB and smiles, "I'm glad you found your sister Blade, but it looks like we may have to say our good byes for the time being..."
Blades smile lowers a bit, but he quick perks right back up after a second. He leans over and whispers into her ear, "We'll see each other again soon." He wanted to say more but was too embarrassed with his sister as well as everyone else there watching.
Cardbo wrote:Coffee gives a slight bow. "Blade are you going to stay for the lecture?"
Distracted by Beauty, it takes Blade a second to respond before saying, "Huh? Oh, I was planning on following you to the faculty office. I don't wanna lose track of you like we did Clue Seeker."
Cardbo wrote:Coffee winces briefly as the plane hits in the back of the head. He grabs it with his pony kinesis. "What the hey?"

He opens it up and reads the note. "Hmm..maybe I'll stay for the lecture after all."
"Oh? I though you wanted to get signed into your job before it got too late? Why the change of heart?" he says still more focused on Beauty than Coffee for the moment.

((OCC: What time is it for us stallions right now Xand?))
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 am

((16(roll)+11(persuasion)=27. I didn't forget this time.))
"Deceived? So you consider it a personal insult that I have to hide what I am to stay safe? That I have to pretend to be something different everywhere I go because if I didn't I'd be treated like some monster?" She planted her hooves and pushed back as she spoke. "'Changelings do nothing but lie!' 'burn those monsters!' 'they live to cause pain!'" Chitin's voice changed into a different ponies with each quote. "For your information, I was a reporter in Manehatten by the name of Merry Weather at the time. And she may be a monster to you, but to the hive the queen guides and protects her changelings as much as Celestia does her ponies. No, even more so since she has to personally ensure that the hive has enough to eat every day!" Chitin pulled back and frowned. "And no, I don't. I was exiled from the hive. Even the ones who raised me wouldn't raise a hoof or spare a glance for me anymore."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:15 am

"So... In a way you're the inverse of what I'm in... I more ran away from my family to find some freedom for myself... You were kicked out of yours..." Gleeda comments to herself, a tad louder than intended.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 am

Yawnmon wrote:

He opens it up and reads the note. "Hmm..maybe I'll stay for the lecture after all."
"Oh? I though you wanted to get signed into your job before it got too late? Why the change of heart?" he says still more focused on Beauty than Coffee for the moment.

"A little bird just told me this lecture would be worth the stay and listen."

However, privately and telepathically Coffee sends to Blade the following message. 'Clue Seeker just sent me a note asking that I stay.'
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 am

"what? I...uh...I guess you could put it that way. The hive wasn't all my family though. That weird idea you all seem to have about the queen giving birth to all the changelings in her hive is just a myth." Chitin blinked a little breaking her glare with the chief for a moment to look at Gleeda, having forgotten everyone else was there in the heat of the moment.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:30 am

Gleeda blinks realizing that Chitin overheard her, but recovers quickly. "Being all family or not... Bet it was a big deal for you..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:38 am

"Of course, from the moment we're born we're raised to devote our lives to the betterment of the hive however we can. When I was exiled, I had my entire life's purpose taken from me..."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:43 am

Dr Blight wrote:"Of course, from the moment we're born we're raised to devote our lives to the betterment of the hive however we can. When I was exiled, I had my entire life's purpose taken from me..."
After hearing that... Gleeda couldn't stop herself but give the changeling a hug. While she doesn't know what feeling like that Chitin has gone through, the griffon has gone through realizing she can't ever hope to live up to the queen her family wanted her to be, so she has a good guess what the changeling had to have gone through.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 am

Cardbo wrote:"A little bird just told me this lecture would be worth the stay and listen."

However, privately and telepathically Coffee sends to Blade the following message. 'Clue Seeker just sent me a note asking that I stay.'
Blade nods his head assuming that CS has sought out some sort of clue, though Blade was wondering why he didn't show himself. He turns back to Rain Light and Beauty and with another big smile says, "Well if a birdy said it it must be true. I guess it looks like we'll be staying for the lecture after all." Blade's wings perk up a bit from his sides in a way where any pegasus in the room could tell he was excited for something.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:12 am

Whisper decided to join in on the hugging too! (Whisper put that exclamation point there, not me. Personally I think it makes no sense to narrate actions excitedly.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55 am

Ok... Now when Whisper joined in... It got weird for Gleeda and she quickly broke off the hug and blushed.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:14 am

Chitin blinked surprised at the sudden group hug. "okay!... this is getting awkward... please stop?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 pm

"Awwww. OK." Whisper says, releasing her grip and stepping away.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Gleeda had broken off the hug before the changeling even started speaking... Still was blushing a deep red.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:07 pm

((Yawnmon - right now it should be around roughly 6:30 for the Unniversity crowd, and speaking of the University...))

Back at the University...

When Blade had mentioned them meeting again soon, Black Beauty had smiled and nodded - and now that he and Coffee had decided to stay, she seemed even more content...

"Time for us ta get out of here, I think Ozzymandias..." Ancient Relic muttered, walking out of the auditorium with her cat as Ms. Beauty waved goodbye to the both of them.

Indy shook her head as she watched the old Earth Pony go. Then she gained altitude and soared above the auditorium, waiting for everypony to take their seats. She grinned as she watched D'Orreigns, Coffee, Ms. Beauty, Blade, and Rain trotting up an aisle.

"Well everypony!" Indy exclaimed, looking out across the crowded auditorium, "I bet you've probably noticed already, but tonight it looks like we've got the Mayor and his friends sitting in on the lecture! Let's give 'em all a warm UNO welcome, huh guys?!"

There's a deafening clop of hooves that echoes through the room, drowning out the cheers that come with it. D'Orreigns shakes a hoof in the air, his Cheshire Cat smile firmly secured on his face, and when the cheering dies down, you all get situated in one of the middle rows of seating. Coffee next to the Mayor, and Ms. Beauty and Rain Light flanking Blade on either side.

"I'm glad you could stay," Rain Light says to Blade.

"Me too." Ms. Beauty also whispers beside Blade.

"ME FIVE!" D'Orreigns yells beside Coffee.

Indy waits for all the applause to die down before clearing her throat. "Okay, so let's get to it then! Can anypony tell me what the number one rule of criminal justice is?”

((I have absolutely no idea what Demonu's planning to do... So I'm not sure how much I should breeze through in one sitting here. I'll give it a pause for the moment to see if anypony wants to interject...))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:46 pm

(I'm just hanging around, seeing where you're going to take this lecture. Other than that, let's have some fun^^)

"Okay, so let's get to it then! Can anypony tell me what the number one rule of criminal justice is?”
Clue Seeker, having rudimentary disguised himself with a hat and glasses, speaks up from the last row and yells: "You do not talk about criminal justice!"

Couldn't resist Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Back at Labyrinth's United...

Dr Blight wrote:((16(roll)+11(persuasion)=27. I didn't forget this time.))
"Deceived? So you consider it a personal insult that I have to hide what I am to stay safe? That I have to pretend to be something different everywhere I go because if I didn't I'd be treated like some monster?" She planted her hooves and pushed back as she spoke. "'Changelings do nothing but lie!' 'burn those monsters!' 'they live to cause pain!'" Chitin's voice changed into a different ponies with each quote. "For your information, I was a reporter in Manehatten by the name of Merry Weather at the time. And she may be a monster to you, but to the hive the queen guides and protects her changelings as much as Celestia does her ponies. No, even more so since she has to personally ensure that the hive has enough to eat every day!" Chitin pulled back and frowned. "And no, I don't. I was exiled from the hive. Even the ones who raised me wouldn't raise a hoof or spare a glance for me anymore."

When Chitin had said her piece, Noble Heart hadn't seemed too impressed, but Box Cars had put a hoof to the Chief's arm - and when Gleeda and Whisper came up for the group hug, Noble Heart had stepped back to give them room.

Buck and the board members watched this awkward display of affection with mixed reactions. Noble Heart himself just flopped down on his chest and crossed his hooves. Grunting. Wolfgang and Major Badass basically did the same. W2 cawed, "Awwwwww," Buck, Renji, Gizmo, and Relief Effort smiled slightly, and Ding Bat threw another potted plant across the room, growling, "Harvey? Harvey?"

-Box Cars drew one of his blades.

As the party's group hug broke up, Box Cars' image shifted - changing from the form of a Unicorn to what you imagine must be his true form - a lean, jet black, insectile Changling. Scars criss-cross along the length of his throat, and his blue eyes have lost their luster. He nods to Chitin, a green aura comes from his black horn, making a wall of energy before him. Grasping his katana in his teeth, he cuts into the energy wall with blinding speed, forming shapes and letters. When he's done, the image reads...

Why were you exiled Chitin?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

"That was embarrassing..." Gleeda mutters.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Demonu wrote:(I'm just hanging around, seeing where you're going to take this lecture. Other than that, let's have some fun^^)

"Okay, so let's get to it then! Can anypony tell me what the number one rule of criminal justice is?”
Clue Seeker, having rudimentary disguised himself with a hat and glasses, speaks up from the last row and yells: "You do not talk about criminal justice!"

Couldn't resist Smile

Coffee stifles a snicker at that.

OOC:Of course, Indy will probably say that thats completely correct. That its best demonstrated by action.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Demonu wrote:
Coffee stifles a snicker at that.

((Cardbo has a good guess, but I don't think I'm going to go with that exactly...))

A few of the other ponies in the auditorium laugh or snicker themselves, including Indy.

She points up in the general direction of the voice, still soaring over the crowd, "That's a good guess!" Indy exclaims, nodding earnestly, "It's true ya learn more from your actions in the courtroom than your words in class," She shrugs, "-but if I'm gonna get paid," Indy grins, "- and we all want that, don't we? - then we need to talk about criminal justice too! Besides, I can't expect all you guys to go on into a career in criminal justice, this is only an intro class! So no, I won't be tossin' ya into a courtroom anytime soon."

Indy begins to fly a slow circle in the air as she talks...

“So, if the number one rule of criminal justice isn't that we don't speak about criminal justice, then what is it?"

She stops her circuit and raises a hoof, "I'll tell ya! The most important thing about criminal justice – is harmony." She looks out across the crowd, her eyes shining, "Didn’t expect that one now, did ya? Yeah, that's right, harmony. That’s because to get justice right, you’ve got to have a lot of ponies working together." She raises a hoof and taps it, "There’s the police ponies..." -tap- "the forensics team..." -tap- "the attorneys, judges, and juries..." -tap-tap-tap- "There’s even the ponies like you guys, that report crime when it happens and stand up as witnesses when and if the time comes... Our class is going to be a lot like the criminal justice system – and I expect you guys to give me 110% so we can work in perfect harmony just like the attorneys, judges, and jury...

"How's everypony keepin' up so far?" Indy does a few barrel rolls and laughs, "-Am I goin' to fast for ya?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 am

"Now," Indy continued, "let's discuss some current events. Why not?

"Alright, so everypony's aware of the recent string of robberies that's been plaguing the city, right? Well, there's never any evidence left at the scene of the crimes... No prints... No security footage... No nothing.... But what there has been is plenty of speculation about what could possibly be doing something like that... Some say it's ghoooosts... others say it's gooooooblins..." Indy made sure to emphasize 'ghosts' and 'goblins' by raising her hooves and shaking them in a mock-menacing fashion. Then she shrugged, "-Some even say it's Theorycraft. Who really knows? Nopony's been able to catch him for questioning, and if they did, they'd probably wind up in Our Lady of Celestia within the hour..." Indy paused a moment to laugh, "I mean, has anypony seen that guy in action? I remember back when he was still a 'hero' - that guy could kick some serious flank." Indy made a few punching motions, bouncing around like a boxer mid-air.

Then she settled down, "Now, Theorycraft's an interesting case. He hasn't really been seen as a criminal for all that long... Only a couple months actually... And here's a question - What's changed? Why is he public enemy numero uno? What made him go from hero to zero... almost in the blink of an eye?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:41 am

XandZero2 wrote:"
Then she settled down, "Now, Theorycraft's an interesting case. He hasn't really been seen as a criminal for all that long... Only a couple months actually... And here's a question - What's changed? Why is he public enemy numero uno? What made him go from hero to zero... almost in the blink of an eye?"

"Bad press?" Coffee volunteers.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:12 am

Chitin shook herself off once they let go, trying to regain her composure. "...Thank you though." She turned her attention to Box Cars as he drew his blade. She looked a little surprised as he revealed his form and watched quietly, noticing the scars and the dullness of his eyes as he cut his message into the walls and wondering if he was blind. After a moment of thinking she decided that if he revealed his real form it would only be fair to do so as well. A small green flame appeared at her feet and quickly moved up her body. As if burning away paper the disguise disappeared as the flame passed, revealing the changeling underneath. Physically she looked nearly identical to depictions of a changeling drone, the only differences being her eyes were green instead of blue, and her mane and tail were slightly longer. The grey, fin-like mane reaching up nearly to her horn and her tail nearly to her hooves. She opened her wings for a moment and beat them rapidly, making a loud, low buzzing noise before folding them back in. When she spoke, her voice sounded the same but with an unusual buzz, as if she were speaking directly into a fan. "Sorry, I haven't had the chance to move my wings in days... I was exiled because I trusted someone I shouldn't have and his tricks led me to being responsible for a basilisk flock being let loose on the hive. Many changelings were turned to stone and the hive itself was damaged before control was regained. There was some discussion about what the punishment would be and in the end it was decided as my being cast out of the hive." Her voice seemed to drip with hatred as she mentioned 'someone' and 'his' but took a more resigned tone as she continued on to what the result had been.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next