Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Dr Blight
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
8 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 38 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Cardbo Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
XandZero2 wrote:In the University...

As Coffee Mug asked about the robbery, Ivory Tower sneered, "Oh? Curious about the crimes are we? If only you showed as much interest in your work as you did in idle gossip. Get back to writing. Those forms won't fill out themselves you know."

"Arcanically speaking, they have been filling themselves out." Coffee points to the enchanted pile of papers before continuing. "And its not idle gossip. We're not talking who's dating who, here. Several, presumably important artifacts were stolen from the university. As for the papers, they're not especially taxing."

OOC:Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5
Total:7
Meh.

"Oh, so you know all about the museum too, ay Professor Mug? Well, it would seem you have your nose in everything except what's truly important then. Excellent job, professor, excellent job." Ivory Tower rolls his eyes, " You get a gold star. Besides, what do you intend to do about these 'important artifacts'? Your place is at the university. Then again, you already have the mummy costume, all you need is to be bitten by a radioactive spider so you can swing off into the wild blue yonder."

The other Unicorn pauses long enough to scoff, "Preposterous."

As you finish another form, you look up at the stacks and stacks of papers... Seemingly without end...

((Coffee needs to make another Endurance check as he continues working. He can try another Persuasion check too if you want.))

OOC:Endurance Check
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11
Total:16

"I read the papers. Were the papers wrong? If so, care to enlighten me."

Roll(1d20)+5:
13,+5
Total:18
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 am

XandZero2 wrote:He turns back to Blade and shrugs. "Plus, it's good trainin'. Mane, we need to be, like, totally accustomed to the gnarly darkness, ya dig? So we wear sunglasses wherever we go, to prep up for the big game come Fall season." He pauses, then lets out a laugh, "Woaaah mane, my bad again. Totally forgot, like, to introduce myself. Name's Ace, Ace Airborne, head of the Pegasus Weather Defense Force..." He motions back to his squadron, "and these bronies here are some of my wingmanes. We're all some totally wild wind-riders if ya know what I'm saying? Best of the best, can ya dig it?"
"Ahh, so you're Airborne. I should've guessed what with the flight suits. My name's Blade Blocker and I just got into town yesterday, but I've already heard a bit about you. They say you and your team are on the same level as the Wonderbolts," Blade remarks with a bit of a sly grin on his face.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 am

((Sorry for the wait guys. Like I said on Skype, I didn't have any time to post this up last night because I was too busy looking over all the new rules for PT. But, now we're back to your regularly scheduled update...))

Back at Labyrinth's United...

Ramsus wrote:"And why would Buck need your permission to have friends?" Whisper demanded "loudly" from behind Buck, where she had hidden as soon as she heard the big booming voice, and was now sort of pushing Buck forwards in front of her as she got close up in Mike's face (with Buck in-between them).

As Whisper pushed Buck closer, Mighty Mike had leaned forward, meaty fists pressed down hard on his desk, glaring around at the pony as she continued pushing her Griffon buddy before her.

Xel Unknown wrote:"I guess that talk about 'Big Mike' being a respectable boss was just 'big talk'..." Gleeda snarks with a total disgust at Mike's actions. "That was no way to talk to your employees, such shameful actions only act to breed dissent, and if this is how you behave with ALL of your own people. I'm going to just make my leave right now and head back on my one-way trip back to Griffenland. Because at least there I'd only need to talk with people like yourself only for short visits then having to work under someone who insults their own power they hold." And with that the Runaway Princess just turns around and takes her first step to the exit. "I was taught that the greatest test of a person's character is how they treat those in lower standing then themself. And this 'Mighty Mike' has shown his character to be nothing but a weak, hotheaded, heartless, bully, who I amazed has even gotten an empire this big as I've seen by the way he has acted right now."

As Gleeda spoke, Mighty Mike tossed his head and snorted steam from his nostrils, his teeth grinding together as his expression grew angrier by the minute.

Dr Blight wrote:Chitin was silent for a long moment, watching Buck and Mike's exchange carefully. She glanced first at Whisper, than at Gleeda as they spoke up. As Gleeda passed Chitin reached out and grabbed hold of her tail with her magic, giving it a light tug to stop her before turning to look at Gleeda in the eyes. After a moment she gave a meaningful glance at Gleeda's bow before locking eyes again, the words "was I wrong to trust you?" clear in her expression.

Breaking the stare, she turned to regard Mike for a moment. Looking between Mike and Buck and back again before smiling slightly, standing up on her hind legs, beating her wings quietly to help her keep balance, and clapping her front hooves together in applause. "Bravo! Bravo! You really deserve those acting awards I see! I used to know somepony who'd single-hoofedly subvert an entire armed fortress for the chance to meet a performer like you!" She continued to clap for a few moments longer before dropping back down to all fours. "I've met, and pretended to be, plenty of actors before but your mask is certainly rock solid."

Mighty Mike's red-hot gaze locked on Chitin, his expression one of all-consuming rage. "YOU DAAAAAAAARE CALL THE GREAT AND POW-ER-FUUUL MIGHTY MIKE A PER-FORM-ERRRRRRRRRRRR?!?!

Mighty Mike slammed his fists down on his desk again with a resounding -BOOM!

Smoke began to issue forth from the corners of his desk, hissing as it filled the room.

"YOU DARE CLOP IN HIS PRESENCE?!?!"

Mighty Mike smashed his fists on his desk again, the room ringing with a thundercrash -BANG!

Flames roared up from the top of his desk, bathing his golden visage in terrible, living light.

"YOU DARE TO BE AMUSED BY" - Mighty Mike rose to his feet - "BY" - he threw his head back - "THE GREAT AND POW-ER-FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL MIGH-TYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-"

Then he paused.

"THE GREAT AND POW-ER-FUUUUUUUUUL-"

He grinned.

"THE GREAT-"

-And then he burst out laughing.

He fell back down into his emerald chair and shook his head, still laughing as he looked back up at Chitin. Finally, he calmed himself long enough to ask,

"So you thought Mighty Mike was good, huh? What gave him away?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:16 am

Whisper falls over in comic fashion. (You know, sudden speed coupled with rigidly extended limbs landing on back and throwing up a cloud of dirt/dust.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 am

Chitin simply continued smiling throughout the outrage, jumping back slightly and giving an impressed look at the special effects. When Mike started laughing however she did as well for a moment before speaking. "Nothing about your performance honestly." She indicated to her eyes. "Those look a little odd but that wasn't really what tipped me off." She pointed at Buck with a hoof for a moment, then back behind her towards the door. "I've met a lot of your friends though, and they just didn't act right if this was how you really where with them. Mook, Minion, and Water Wings just seem too happy to know you, and I'm pretty sure some of the others like Major Badass or Boxcars here would... react poorly... to be treated that way." She smiled a little more as she fluttered her wings for a moment. "Buck was a little too calm too...but if I hadn't met so many of them before I would've probably fallen for it easily. You really are very good at assuming a character. As a changeling, and in general, color me impressed."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 am

Gleeda in fact was a little surprised of this turn of events and fell over onto her fact from her shock. After she quickly got back up and turned round she admits with a blush. "Well... That performance totally fooled me... But yeah, now that Dawn brought it up, she's got a point. Then again, I was so foaled, I think I wouldn't have figured it out until about a week or so."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Inside the University...

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Endurance Check
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11

Coffee starts to feel the absolute tedium of the task getting to him. As he reaches up for another form from the seemingly endless stacks, his hoof begins to tremble.

He takes the paper down and looks it over...

What is your:

Blood Type?

Font Type?

Genotype?

Phenotype?

Xenotype?

Cardbo wrote:"I read the papers. Were the papers wrong? If so, care to enlighten me."

Roll(1d20)+5:
13,+5
Total:18

"Not really." Ivory frowned. "What I'd really care to do is see you complete all your paperwork so that I may take my leave of your mummy mane and be off to other business. A Dean's work is never done, you know - Oh. Wait. Foalish me. How would a pony of your caliber know anything about the businesses of a Dean? Your type is more interested in reading pretty papers and exchanging bridle gossip all day."

((Just so you know Cardbo, what I'm doing here is giving you a series of checks to see if you can make it through all the paperwork before going crazy - which is a distinct possibility. If you want, you can do the last three checks all at once, or you can split them up into separate posts while you try to convince Ivory Tower to talk))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of UNO...

Yawnmon wrote:"Ahh, so you're Airborne. I should've guessed what with the flight suits. My name's Blade Blocker and I just got into town yesterday, but I've already heard a bit about you. They say you and your team are on the same level as the Wonderbolts," Blade remarks with a bit of a sly grin on his face.

"Duuuuuuuude," Airborne nodded slowly in the semi-darkness, giving a slight shrug of his shoulders, "Of course ya heard a' me. Tchah. Like, no surprise there mane. Around these parts, I'm like, famous er something. And as for those Wonderbolts, dude?" Airborne whinnies, shaking his head, "More like Wonder-dolts, mane, if ya get my drift. They're totally a bunch of posers, dude. Me and my team? We could, like, totally smoke 'em if we ever got the chance." He glanced back at the rest of his squad and pumped a hoof in the air, "YO! DUDES! ISN'T THAT RIGHT?!"

The group all let out a cheer, yelling back in the affirmative.

"Duuuuuuude," Airborne nodded slowly in satisfaction as he turned back to Blade, "Righteous. You know I'm right.

"So," Airborne cocks his head to one side, sizing BB up, "Blade, was it? And you're new in town? Hm..." Airborne nods again, "Gnaaaarly - but dude! That wouldn't have been you that helped out earlier? With, like, that totally mondo-rad storm front? Heard somepony pulled off quite the little display for the Mayor and Black Babe."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Inside the University...

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Endurance Check
Roll(1d20)+11:
5,+11

Coffee starts to feel the absolute tedium of the task getting to him. As he reaches up for another form from the seemingly endless stacks, his hoof begins to tremble.

He takes the paper down and looks it over...

What is your:

Blood Type?

Coffee writes in AB--+RY-66

Font Type?

Coffee writes in Helvetica

Genotype?

Coffee writes in Pony

Phenotype?

Coffee writes in Unicorn

Xenotype?

Coffee writes in Cloudlander

((Just so you know Cardbo, what I'm doing here is giving you a series of checks to see if you can make it through all the paperwork before going crazy - which is a distinct possibility. If you want, you can do the last three checks all at once, or you can split them up into separate posts while you try to convince Ivory Tower to talk))

OOC:I'll make the check all at once.
Endurance Check - I'll spend a magic point if its not high enough.
Roll(1d20)+11:
12,+11
Total:23
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Back at Labyrinth's United...

Mighty Mike listened intently to Chitin's explanation, nodding thoughtfully as he did so.

Then when Gleeda admitted she'd been foaled, the minotaur rose from his chair.

"MIGHTY MIKE BELIEVES HE OWES YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU - an apology."

He took a bow, then tensed his muscles until the veins on his golden neck bulged. "OHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!"

-Then he laughed again and fell back in his chair.

"You'll have to forgive Mighty Mike for putting you three through all this trouble. He had heard great things from Buck about what you did for him the other day," He nods to Chitin and Whisper - the ladder still laying on the ground with her hooves straight up in the air, as Buck knelt down to help her, "How you stood up for him before the po-lease," He turns to Gleeda, "and as for you Ms. Grif-fon, your re-pu-ta-tion pre-cedes you, even more so than your friends - but" And Mike raised a golden finger, "Mighty Mike knows that rep-u-ta-tions only go so far. He wanted to see with his own eyes..."

At this, Mike looked down, then reached back and slapped himself on the back of the head with his open palm.

Two blood red contacts fall out of his eyes and into his other waiting palm.

When he looks back up at you, his eyes are pink with black irises. "He wanted to see if what he'd heard was true."

Mighty Mike grins. "And from what Mighty Mike has seen, you three are not only highly skilled -" He glances down at Whisper and coughs, "-Though unorthodox - combatants - you are also very perceptive, and most importantly - loyal - friends." The minotaur folds his arms across his massive chest and nods, "Buck, Mighty Mike approves. You did well to find friends such as these."

((Just so everypony knows, DB actually rolled perception against Mike's acting over Skype-chat. He got a 30 on his check, which wasn't good enough to see through Mike's game on it's own, but then he brought up his suspicions that Mike was lying and gave some great RP reasons why Chitin would be on to him. That was enough to put him over the DC for seeing through the act - as what GM doesn't love it when their players pick up on their subtle clues?))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Whisper hopped back up onto her feet in time to see Mike remove his eyes from his head! She tried really hard to send Chitin a psychic message of "Oh deer gods! He just removed his eyes and had a second set underneath! He's an evil alien! Run for your lives!" while she stood there a nodded politely hoping he couldn't read her mind.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 pm

"Thank you for the apology. And I must say, your acting was quite amazingly pulled off. I've seen and talked with people, who really are just like that. And I have to say, you faked it so well I couldn't tell the difference. Truly, I'm really impressed with your acting skills, I am normally of the type to notice such things. Is it a hobby of yours? If not, you totally should think of trying..." Gleeda said with a smile then after about a minute or two just had to ask. "By the way, and I mean no disrespect at all, but um, do you always talk in third person??? If so, why? I just can't help but wonder... I am sorry if it's something you do not want to answer."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 pm

"Gleeda! For crapes sake! Stop telling people how to talk! It's not like we comment about your ridiculous accent." Whisper said, exasperatedly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Ramsus wrote:"Gleeda! For crapes sake! Stop telling people how to talk! It's not like we comment about your ridiculous accent." Whisper said, exasperatedly.
"What accent? I never knew I had one..." The Griffon said befuddled. "And really, I just wanna know. This type of thing, just I can't help but wonder!"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 pm

"Hmmm what? Oh um. No. No. You don't have any accent. Don't worry about it." Whisper said avoiding eye contact.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 am

XandZero2 wrote:"Duuuuuuuude," Airborne nodded slowly in the semi-darkness, giving a slight shrug of his shoulders, "Of course ya heard a' me. Tchah. Like, no surprise there mane. Around these parts, I'm like, famous er something. And as for those Wonderbolts, dude?" Airborne whinnies, shaking his head, "More like Wonder-dolts, mane, if ya get my drift. They're totally a bunch of posers, dude. Me and my team? We could, like, totally smoke 'em if we ever got the chance." He glanced back at the rest of his squad and pumped a hoof in the air, "YO! DUDES! ISN'T THAT RIGHT?!"

The group all let out a cheer, yelling back in the affirmative.

"Duuuuuuude," Airborne nodded slowly in satisfaction as he turned back to Blade, "Righteous. You know I'm right.
Blade giggles quietly to himself and thinks, 'Oh I've got to see this.'
XandZero2 wrote:"So," Airborne cocks his head to one side, sizing BB up, "Blade, was it? And you're new in town? Hm..." Airborne nods again, "Gnaaaarly - but dude! That wouldn't have been you that helped out earlier? With, like, that totally mondo-rad storm front? Heard somepony pulled off quite the little display for the Mayor and Black Babe."
"Hehe. Yeah that was a great flight and I guess I did end up showing off. I've got room for improvement though." Blade gets a determined look in his eyes, his wings start picking up the pace a bit and asks, "Wanna show me what you can do?"

Last edited by Yawnmon on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Don't mind me, just posting here because it seems I'm not getting any more updates from this thread and just toggling watching/not watching doesn't seem to cut it.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Inside of UNO...

Cardbo wrote:
OOC:I'll make the check all at once.
Endurance Check - I'll spend a magic point if its not high enough.
Roll(1d20)+11:
12,+11
Total:23

((This wasn't exactly what I meant when I said "roll it all at once," but nevertheless, I think I've put you through enough hassle for now Cardbo, so I'll roll with this. I'll say it was best 2 out of 3 instead of 3 out of 5, and you did not need to use your Magic Point yet.))

Coffee writes on through the boredom and the PK headaches, filling out page after page, as Ivory Tower continues to insult his work-ethic all the while... There are moments when he feels like he can't go on any long, like he can't bare to answer one more question about his distant relatives, or his not-so-distant relatives, or his distant-so-not-relative relatives - yet he grits his teeth and pushes himself onward, drawing from well-springs of patience he never knew he had!

The green ink of his magic continues to flash across page after page, speeding along the process even further, and finally... at long last... he reaches up, draws the penultimate page from the penultimate stack... fills in the current date... and places it down on the table.

-Done.

As you enjoy a moment of peace, Ivory Tower canters up beside you. "Finally done are we?" He glances at his watch and huffs impatiently. "Took long enough. Some of us have somewhere to be, you know." Tower's horn glows white, an aura of the same hue materializing around the stacks and stacks of completed paperwork. "Time to take these to Pony Resources," he mutters, and then the room's engulfed by a flash of light. When the light fades, the papers are gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of UNO...

Yawnmon wrote:"Hehe. Yeah that was a great flight and I guess I did end up showing off. I've got room for improvement though." Blade gets a determined look in his eyes, his wings start picking up the pace a bit and he asks, "Wanna show me what you can do?"

A hush falls over Airborne's squadron.

They all look to their leader.

"DUUUU-HUUU-HUUUU-HUUU-HUUUUUUUUDE..." You can see a flash of pearly white in the night as Airborne's grin widens. "Do my ears, like, totally deceive me, or was that a most righteous... challenge? Cause, dude - not gonna lie. It totally sounded like you wanted ta race..." Airborne put a hoof to his chest, "tha Ace."

((BTW - Demonu... Okay... I guess? Just try not to clutter up the IC thread, okay? If you're wanting to rejoin the campaign, just let me know.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 pm

XandZero2 wrote:"DUUUU-HUUU-HUUUU-HUUU-HUUUUUUUUDE..." You can see a flash of pearly white in the night as Airborne's grin widens. "Do my ears, like, totally deceive me, or was that a most righteous... challenge? Cause, dude - not gonna lie. It totally sounded like you wanted ta race..." Airborne put a hoof to his chest, "tha Ace."
"You heard me right. No way I'm gonna miss a chance to see how I stack up against the best." Blade briefly thinks back to a time when he was young and went with Rain Light to see his first Wonderbolts show up in Cloudsdale. He wonders for a moment which one of these guys might be the 'nice pony' Rain Light mentioned, before looking Airborne in the eye, with a smile on his face and saying, "If you're really that good then this should be fun."
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Chitin blinked as her telepathy picked up Whisper's little message. She stayed silent for a moment before decided to have some fun. "What? Whisper, did you say something?" She asked, trying to sound naturally confused. As Whisper and Gleeda had their back and forth, she turned to face Mike. "Do you try this with everypony who's shown up for the job? Or was it just for us?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 am

"What? Yeah, I was just talking to Gleeda about how she totally doesn't have a weird accent at all." Whisper said aloud as she thought at Chitin, "Yeah, I-. Oh hey, you got my message. Cool. Wait, if I can send psychic messages doesn't that make me psychic?" "You hear that Mike Bodysnatcher!? Don't try anything or I.... I'll.... um.... BLAST YOU WITH MIND RAYS! OooOooOoooh!" she finished, trying to send a sound that was somewhere between a ghost wail and a warbling sci-fi movie sound effect.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 am

XandZero2 wrote:
As you enjoy a moment of peace, Ivory Tower canters up beside you. "Finally done are we?" He glances at his watch and huffs impatiently. "Took long enough. Some of us have somewhere to be, you know." Tower's horn glows white, an aura of the same hue materializing around the stacks and stacks of completed paperwork. "Time to take these to Pony Resources," he mutters, and then the room's engulfed by a flash of light. When the light fades, the papers are gone.

OOC:Forgot to post.

Coffee rubs his head.
"Was that some sort of bizarre hazing ritual. I can't remember the last time I had to go through so much paperwork."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 am

At Labyrinth's United...

Xel Unknown wrote:"Thank you for the apology. And I must say, your acting was quite amazingly pulled off. I've seen and talked with people, who really are just like that. And I have to say, you faked it so well I couldn't tell the difference. Truly, I'm really impressed with your acting skills, I am normally of the type to notice such things. Is it a hobby of yours? If not, you totally should think of trying..." Gleeda said with a smile then after about a minute or two just had to ask. "By the way, and I mean no disrespect at all, but um, do you always talk in third person??? If so, why? I just can't help but wonder... I am sorry if it's something you do not want to answer."

After Gleeda had asked her questions and got done with her back and forth with Whisper, Mike grinned.

"Ohhhh yeeeeeeeah." He says, chuckling as he leans back in his chair. "You could definitely say acting is a bit of a hobby of Mighty Mike's! You see, he's no stranger to the stage..." Mike makes a sweeping gesture of the room and all the rows and rows of trophy cases. You realize now that many of the trophies are awards for acting. "Look about you Ms. Gleeda. Without acting, Mighty Mike wouldn't have been able to build the empire you see today. He was paid handsomely for his leading role in 'The Adventures of Mighty Mike,' and he's played quite a few more starring rolls throughout his career..."

"As for why Mighty Mike speaks the way Mighty Mike speaks?

"-It's Minotaur tradition. Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeah."

Mike shrugged.

"Plus - when you're as rich as Mighty Mike, quite frankly - you get away with speaking however the buck you want."

When Chitin turned to Mike and asked...

"Do you try this with everypony who's shown up for the job? Or was it just for us?"

Mike leans forward in his desk. "Good question, Ms. Chitin." He reclasps his hands together. "Mighty Mike always wants to test the character of his potential em-ploy-eeeeees - Ohhh yeeeeah. If they won't stand up for them-seeeeelves, how would they be expected to stand up for Mighty Mike's in-vest-ments? He wants to know those he hires are those he can trust."

Ramsus wrote:"What? Yeah, I was just talking to Gleeda about how she totally doesn't have a weird accent at all." Whisper said aloud as she thought at Chitin, "Yeah, I-. Oh hey, you got my message. Cool. Wait, if I can send psychic messages doesn't that make me psychic?" "You hear that Mike Bodysnatcher!? Don't try anything or I.... I'll.... um.... BLAST YOU WITH MIND RAYS! OooOooOoooh!" she finished, trying to send a sound that was somewhere between a ghost wail and a warbling sci-fi movie sound effect.

Suddenly a female voice echoes through the room, "Telepathic message detected sir."

Mighty Mike looks up at the ceiling, "That so, Cynth? Put it up on the TAS."

"Yes sir, Mr. Mike."

"Good girl." Mike looks back down and nods at Gleeda, Whisper, and Chitin. "TAS - that's short for Telepathic Audio Receptors." He explains proudly, "Mighty Mike had them installed so that nopony could pull a fast one on Mighty Mike during a business transaction. He spared no expense."

As he says this, speakers slide down from the four corners of the room, and a voice that sounds vaguely familiar came over the sound system...

"Yeah, I-. Oh hey, you got my message. Cool. Wait, if I can send psychic messages doesn't that make me psychic? You hear that Mike Bodysnatcher!? Don't try anything or I.... I'll.... um.... BLAST YOU WITH MIND RAYS! OooOooOoooh!"

As Mike listened to Whisper's antics, capped off with sci-fie movie sound effects, he rubbed his chin and raised an eyebrow at the little, sock-white pony. "Hmmm... Bo-dy-sna-cher?"

"Buck." Beside Whisper, Buck mutters out the corner of his mouth, "You... uh... might want to keep your thoughts to yourself while you're here Whisper..."

There's a brief moment of silence, and then Mike nods slowly.

"Mighty Mike acted in a movie about that once. Had something to do with pea-pods if he remembers correctly... Lots and lots of pea-pods..."

Then Mike laughs and leans back in his chair again.

"By the way, Mighty Mike doesn't think we've been properly introduced." He nods, "You can call him Big Mike. All his friends do."

((I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to update the rest of the group. Sorry for the wait guys, but I've been distracted with a lot of different things lately - one of those being all the recent expansions coming out for the PT system.))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 am

"I am Whisper. It is.... nice to meet you I suppose. I'm already friends with a Changeling, a Psychic Warrior, and a Griffon run-away Princess, why not an alien too?" Whisper literally mentally broadcasts to everypony in the room, probably beginning to freak them out a little as her "mental voice" sounds not like one voice but, like many different hushed voices that form together to reach audible volume. In some cases the "voices" use different inflections or accents all layered on top of each other. But hey, Chitin wasn't experiencing that before so, it's probably just a problem with the speakers or the software or something......right? ....Right?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Outside of UNO...

Yawnmon wrote:"No way I'm gonna miss a chance to see how I stack up against the best." Blade briefly thinks back to a time when he was young and went with Rain Light to see his first Wonderbolts show up in Cloudsdale. He wonders for a moment which one of these guys might be the 'nice pony' Rain Light mentioned, before looking Airborne in the eye, with a smile on his face and saying, "If you're really that good then this should be fun."

"Oh. Dude." Airborne makes broad beats of his wings, shaking his head slowly. "You did not just question my ability. Oh, it's on."

Then Airborne folds his arms across his chest. "So, think you can race with the big boys, dude? Alright then, but mane, if we're gonna race... Why don't we make this a bit more radical? Ever heard of a little something we down in the PWDF like to call... Low Flying?" The captain paused for a moment, giving time for his words to sink in. "Well, it's the height of flight racin' 'round here. A true test of skill and stamina. And here's the thing... Anypony can fly in the sky, little mane... But only a real motha' bucka' can race through the city at night."

"Rules are simple. We race to the edge of the city and back -But- And here's the totally rad part, dude... We can't go above the second story of any of the buildings."

Airborne glances back at his squad, then turns back to you and shrugs. "So what's it gonna be dude? Ya in, or ya out?"

Last edited by XandZero2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm

"Now who here doesn't believe Whisper's "Mike's an alien" claim?" Gleeda asked and raised her right claw and thinks. Oh great, I HATE MINDREADING tech... It always makes me feel like they're going to then brake your brain or something horrible like that.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next