Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 18 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 am

Appropriateness of this IC conversation right just this moment?

Ok, so next run through everyone switch to ranged weapons- Throwing Knives, Blowgun, Javelin, Long Bow- and Rolf can be our only melee fighter.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:45 am

Well, I figured since it was stunned, they had a brief moment to actually talk. And it's always funny to be having a conversation in the middle of a fight. Also breaks up the "I attack, thing happens, I attack, things happens" pattern.

lol, sounds like a plan. All mage armor and shield all the time. He can just stand around getting beaten around while everyone else reloads their crossbows and stuff. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:21 am

It's about time he pulled his weight some damage.

I have another backstory segment in the works. You two new guys should think about writing some yourselves- makes the game a lot more fun.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm

I just added links to pretty much all the backstories our party has made in the front page. Along with two more transcripts (I'm working on it!).

New players, feel free to write at your own pace. I've found it can help you define your character, and is generally a fun activity that can be shared with the group. Bronymous and I even managed to collaborate on one of the stories, which I enjoyed immensely.

Well, Rolf would have to learn Mage Armor first. His spells are primarily designed around running away. He's probably going to try learning a few more offensive spells in the future. The wands will do for now, though.

Oh, and happy birthday, Ramsus.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Naw, we're fine with him going in as is right Bronymous? Twisted Evil

You're welcome! Wait no....the other thing. Actually, yeah, I think I'll stick with that. farao
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Ramsus wrote:Naw, we're fine with him going in as is right Bronymous?

Make some cardboard armor and strap a pot to your head. We can't have him dying too quickly, who will continue to distract the bad guys from our attempts to slip out quietly loot the place throw things at them?

Happy 65th Birthday!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Zilean: So, you've decided to come to my chambers alone? For a wizard, you're not very smart.
Rolf: That's what you think! I cast Invisibility spells on my companions before coming in here. Now, guys! Attack!
*silence*
Rolf: Um, guys? That was the signal. You can attack now.
Zilean: *pulls out amulet and looks through it* Hmm. I don't see anyone. Tell me, did you come up with this plan?
Rolf: Well, no. Horizon and Skitter suggested it after we passed through the treasure room...oh.

Well, I think we've all declared our actions. I hope Zarhon will update soon so we can kill this beast and add the new players.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Happy Birthday Ramsus only two more year until you're thirty!

Combat rolls:

Skitter -> 6 + 5 (because of reasons) = 11
Head -> 3 - 8 = -5

Rolf -> 9
Head -> Nat1 - 8

Horizon -> 18
Head -> 13 - 8 = 5

Lizzie -> 19 - 5 = 14
Head -> 9 - 8 = 1

Everyone

Skitter starts the assault by jumping and tugging on his lasso. He realizes, however, that he's not heavy enough to pull it down. He summons his own shadow to pull. Still not enough. He quickly starts pulling heavy objects out of his portable hole. This gives him enough weight to finally pull it down. For good measure, he yanks on the lasso hard as they both reach the ground, pulling off several of its lower jaw "teeth".

As the beast opens its mouth to shriek, Rolf fires a missile straight into it. It exits through the back of its head blasting half of its bones away. This in turn causes the upper portion of its head and its entire lower jaw to dislodge into two separate pieces, both still animate. The lower jaw jumps around wildly, while the upper half starts "floating" away.

Horizon then stabs the lower jaw. Repeatedly. It soon stops jumping, goes inert and crumbles into a pile of bones.

As the upper half attempts to fly higher to safety, Lizzie swiftly jumps onto a balcony and continues into a running leap, catching it with its jaws in its entirety. As they both land, It smashes it onto the ground, causing it to stop flying. It feebily tries to crawl away using its "teeth", before Lizzie snatches it again and hurls it directly at the ward.

Boneyard / Bone Horror

Whyyyyyyyy

Everyone

The upper half flies through the wards, completely igniting. It crash lands near the middle of where the crowd would have been. As it shrieks in pain and slowly melts, the paladin duo (one of whos armor is completely covered in red, while the other is limping), Tiffany and the High Priest (supported by Tiffany on one hand) run over, attracted by the noise. Behind them follow a small crowd of what appear to be refugees. They all watch in fascination, fear and confusion at the sight, staying clear from the undead bonfire. As Rolf, Horizon and Skitter exit to front of the stage, the bone horror finally stops shrieking and vanishes into bone dust.

The crowd is silent for a moment as they stare at the trio on the stage. The silence is broken by clapping of a child. The clapping spreads. They soon erupt into cheers. Everyone whistles and claps at the trio and start to move towards them.

They quickly retreat (along with looks of shock, a few yelps and people tripping) as Lizzie exits the temple behind the trio, entering full view. As the crowd forms a semi-circle of avoidance. She groans loudly, yawns, then goes back inside the temple.

END OF ACT 1

( Psst: Bow )
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Hmm...I'll say that I switched to a Magic Missile once I saw that Skitter was able to bring down the creature by itself. Nice writing, Zarhon.

Rolf looked out over the assembled crowd. Well, this was a turnaround from earlier today. Rolf decided to do what he had been doing all day: pretend like he knew what he was doing.

Rolf bowed in front of the crowd. "Thank you, one and all. Please allow us to introduce ourselves. I am Rolf Towden, and these are my compatriots Horizon and Skitter. We're glad you enjoyed the show, but if I could have your attention, there are things that I must tell you. Some of you may already know this, but for those who don't, you should pay close attention: Necromancers are attempting to invade our fair city. They have already attacked the drinking contest, and they attempted to attack the audience of the play that was performed here earlier today. Some of them even managed to infiltrate this very temple, and their efforts caused a bone creature to be summoned within the main hall. However, we have managed to clear out all the cultists in the temple, and, as you have seen, destroy the bones creature and reduce it to ashes!"

(Big cheer!)

"Now we can safely say that the temple is now a safe haven for the townspeople to gather. As we have demonstrated, the wards around the temple are capable of disintegrating any undead that tries to pass through the doors. However, before you go in, I have a few instructions."

"First, you will see a pile of metal cylinders in front of the temple. Do not touch or tamper with them! They are dangerous explosive devices that could kill or maim anyone who gets too close. Not to worry though; the explosives are relatively stable, and we will soon detonate them in a safe location."
"Second," Rolf pointed to the corpse of the cultist lying near the metal box. "These purple robes are the garments that the cultists have been seen wearing. If you see anyone dressed in such a manner, do not attempt to approach them. They are dangerous individuals who will not hesitate to kill you. If you see one, report it to the nearest paladin you can find."
"Third, you will notice that the great hall is in a state of disrepair due to our fight. Please take any bones you may find and take them outside; the wards will take care of most of them. I would ask any dwarves or craftsman to volunteer to help with repairs for the main hall, and possibly a few other areas in the temple."
"Fourth, I noticed that some of you panicked at the sight of the large lion that appeared earlier. Do not be alarmed! Her name is Lizzie, she lives in the temple, and she was instrumental in helping to destroy the bone monster. However, the door to her room currently has a broken lock, so you may see her wandering around the temple grounds. Don't pester her, and don't harm her cubs, and you should be fine."
"Finally, as much as we'd love to stay, our adventuring group has taken it upon ourselves to deal with these necromancers and help save this city. However, we need to take some time to resupply and regroup before continuing. If you would like any donations to our group, please see Skitter. Any amount would be appreciated. Also, if there are any other brave souls who would like to join us on our quest, come see me onstage in a few minutes."

"Now, I have one more request to make of you: stay strong. Do not despair. This temple still stands, meaning that we have already begun to foil these necromancers' evil schemes. I am confident that all of us, whether of Fezaris or of far-off lands, will be able to get through this crisis together. I hope that you and your loved ones will remain safe, and that you remain hopeful that this crisis will end, and we will be victorious. Thank you."

Rolf bowed once again, then stepped off the stage into the crowd to see if the High Priest was alright.

edit: Cheer up, Ramsus. Bonuses are always good. Besides, I just made one of Skitter's dreams come true: people voluntarily handing him money!

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Yes, gee thanks for reminding me Zarhon. =P
Bronymous...you didn't even use the right numbers!

Skitter, taking his cue, bows and does a little flourish with his cape.

Alt Script: Skitter pulls out a bow and starts firing blindly into the crowd.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm

As Rolf finishes his speech, a deva approaches him. She explains she's a bard and asks if she could use the stage for a performance, to help things along.

(That's your cue, Broken Logic)

As the refugees carry some of the bones through the ward, They realize nothing is happening. In fact, a few of them just float around for no apparent reason, whacking the people trying to pick them up or come near. There are a few exceptions though: A dragonborn in tribal gear appears to be talking to one, causing the bone to fly back into the catacombs, whilst the paladins and clerics aren't getting whacked by any of the bones and are easily gathering them.

Note: The dragonborn shaman / Azarune might not be joining after all it seems. But in case he decides he is, here's his chance.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:21 pm

"Good day to you, wizard Towden. My name is Jeraylia Shale, and I was hoping to hear your tale. I'm a travelling bard seekings feats of heroisms, and your actions today have the makings of a legend. Of course, right now might not be the best time, but if you could provide a few details, I could try to bolster the morale of the city, as well as teach people how best to defend themselves. Perhaps, I could even be of assistance to you. I am no stranger to danger."

A few questions now. Can I roll a history check to see if I remember much on the first time Zilean attacked? And after Rolf's response I'll try to see if I can boost the morale of the crowd, so I think you should roll and I'll make an appropriate action to the effect. Or do you want me to roll in these situations? I'll be back in four hours.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Ramsus wrote:Bronymous...you didn't even use the right numbers!

Who says I'm talking to you? Happy 65th Birthday, United States Air Force. AIR POWER!

Horizon walks off to find a private spot so he can change into less devastated clothing. When he returns, his black pants and shirt have been replaced with white. His sleeves are now rolled to the shoulder, exposing his arms, and he no longer wears a cloak, revealing his numerous pouches. Along with those, he now has three extra straps, each carrying 5 somewhat large throwing knives, strapped onto his legs. A renewed supply of Alchemist's Fires hang securely at his hip. The rest of his armor remains the same, except for a single vertical white line now crossing the left eye of his faceplate.

Chapter 2 demands a wardrobe change, along with the resupply.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Broken Logic wrote: "Good day to you, wizard Towden. My name is Jeraylia Shale, and I was hoping to hear your tale. I'm a travelling bard seekings feats of heroisms, and your actions today have the makings of a legend. Of course, right now might not be the best time, but if you could provide a few details, I could try to bolster the morale of the city, as well as teach people how best to defend themselves. Perhaps, I could even be of assistance to you. I am no stranger to danger."

"Well, I don't know about 'the makings of legends'; at this point I'm just trying to make it through today without getting killed. Anyway, if you're interested in helping us, I'll give you a few more details. The main leader of the attacks on the city is a lich who calls himself Zilean. We're not quite sure if he's the same Zilean that terrorized the city many years ago and was brought down by Gregorius the Peace-Keeper, who this temple is devoted to. What we do know is that he has a flair for the dramatic, and that his primary M.O. is zombie-bombs. The bombs are in cylinders a bit larger than the ones you see outside, and in addition to a large explosion, generate a purple gas that reacts to death. I have seen the gas turn recently-dead humans into humanoid blood monsters, and turn the bones in the catacombs into that large bone creature that you saw earlier. As of right now, our only lead as to their whereabouts would be checking out the graveyard, but my allies and I would like a break from stuff trying to kill us for a while, so we are planning to head into town to rest and resupply."

"Speaking about my allies..." Rolf takes a moment to lead Jeraylia away from the crowd a bit. "Well, if you wish to travel with us, I might as well tell you up front. Skitter and Horizon...are not model members of society by any stretch. They have the will and capacity to do great harm to people they don't like. I believe Skitter has training in assassination, and that he's working for us primarily because he's in a strange environment and he's desperate for cash. As for Horizon...well, he's what you might call a "professional sociopath". He has a code of conduct, but it focuses more on loyalty to his "team" than caring for the innocent. I have seen him torture a cultist for information, and recklessly throw a vial of Alchemist Fire into a crowd to try and attack some cultists. He is capable of "behaving", but why he has decided to ally with us is a mystery."

Rolf sighs. "Still, they have stuck around long enough to clear the temple and fight off that bone creature. Anyway, we would appreciate any help you wish to give. Please feel free to use the stage to perform for the crowd as they enter, and take some time to think about joining us. Now if you will excuse me, I must see to the High Priest and make sure that he is alright. It was a pleasure to meet you, Jerylia." Rolf shakes the deva's hand, then continues moving toward the High Priest and Tiffany.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 pm

@ Broken: If I roll it, as it is right now, you get no bonus (or a +3 if you describe some cool stage motions, maybe). If you post lyrics for a song that would boost morale (of your own making), you get bonus to the roll (and possibly an extra benefit). Extra credit for including Skitter/Horizon/Brony's accomplishments in it. And yeah, you could do a history check, you'd probably have some memory of the events, assuming your past self was in this town during that time.

@ Brony/Skitter/Rolf I assume you'll go get some shopping done / items pawned / baby snacks / other stuff around this time? You can't stray too far from the crowd (as the High Priest will want to talk to you etc...) but some shops are conveniently around here as some merchants returned to their stalls.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm

@Zarthon: My apologies, was in class. Anyway ere we go!

With a youthful laugh Zthulan goes to the refugees who are trying to grab the bones and explains the situation. Once that matter is handled he walks towards Rolf after he makes his way to the High Priest and Tiffany.

"Mr. Towden, I am Zthulan Ydal, on behalf of the spirits I thank you for keeping the temple standing. As for seeing what has transpired first hand, I feel that I could be more help to the innocent of this city assisting you rather than keeping them under control. As someone with my 'abilities' put others on edge.

He gives Rofl a sincere smile as what appears to be the misted outline of a small dragon appear on the shamans shoulder.

"The spirits shall aid you Mr. Towden, and I will be their voice."
Still bearing the smile he extends a hand to Rolf.

Rolling to see if the spirits can give me any infomation on what is going on, or happened. Perhaps the general "aura" that the party gives off? Not sure what my limitations are yet.

Roll for spirits: 6.

Last edited by Azarune on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm

BL, we tend to use italics to differentiate between in character and OOC stuff in this thread. And I don't know about everyone else but, I tend to just try and save time by rolling any time I think Zarhon might need me to roll for something I want to do. I figure if he doesn't need the roll, he can just ignore it.

Skitter politely waits for Rolf to finish and head off before he takes his turn at introductions. "You'll have to excuse Rolf's behavior. He's a young male human wizard and doesn't know any better that people aren't inherently supposed to act in ways he thinks people should. Still, his description of Knifey over there was more or less accurate, even if he did leave out the part where we're worried he might be completely insane." (He said that last part low enough for Horizon to at least be needing to make a perception check for if he wanted to hear it.) "Ah but, I'm being rude aren't I? Let me properly introduce myself." He extended a claw and continued, "Sir Kant Isaac Tesla Tzu Escher Rayleigh, pleased to make your acquaintance Miss Shale. You may call me Skitter for short. I trust you'll paint me in good light in your songs and tales." There was a subtle "or else" implied in the way he said it. "I have no interest in stuffy old priests, not before they're conscious enough to pay me for my services anyway, and don't know enough about this town where to acquire the supplies I need so I have to wait on Rolf's return, so I might as well keep you company in the meantime."

He'll tell her their story so far (with of course favorable renditions of his own actions and a bias against the paladins/clerics) after Horizon gets a chance to speak to her.

Edit: Gah, double ninja'd. At least nobody said anything that required me to re-write that. Zarhon, I figure we'll go shopping after introductions are done and I guess Rolf talks to the priest? He does need to pay us (at least according to Skitter) and Skitter needs Rolf as a guide and probably an introduction to the Thieve's Guild to even get the equipment he needs.

Skitter's "shopping list" (in no particular order):
Whatever he needs to make a proper poisoner's kit and poison supplies. (Probably a visit to an apothecary.)
A light crossbow (magical would be a plus, magically enhanced for silence, power, and distance would be even better), bolts, and a way to strap it to his back under his cloak.
Thieve's tools, the better...the better.
Air freshener for his portable hole.
Selling of some of the cheese and other valuables he picked up.
Several changes of clothes in his size as he only has what he's wearing. Preferably in muted dark tones like grey and moss green or black.
A magical short sword if he finds one/can afford it
Same deal with leather armor
Throwing daggers or shuriken, preferably the later since Horizon already has the former
Trap making supplies
Airship motorcycle, barring that any decent mount (the more interesting the better though)
A bath
Climber's kit
Leather gloves and piano wire *whistles innocently*

Edit 2: Aura the party gives off? Conflicted? Tired? Teal?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Ramsus wrote:
Edit 2: Aura the party gives off? Conflicted? Tired? Teal?

Uh if individuals have bad mojo linger around them? Something that natural world wouldn't like. Mainly things against Elemental Chaos and the really evil Gods that aim to destroy the world. Sorry about that.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Azarune wrote: "Mr. Towden, I am Zthulan Ydal, on behalf of the spirits I thank you for keeping the temple standing. As for seeing what has transpired first hand, I feel that I could be more help to the innocent of this city assisting you rather than keeping them under control. As someone with my 'abilities' put others on edge.

He gives Rofl a sincere smile as what appears to be the misted outline of a small dragon appear on the shamans shoulder.

"The spirits shall aid you Mr. Towden, and I will be their voice."
Still bearing the smile he extends a hand to Rolf.

Rolf stared at the misty dragon on Zthulan's shoulder for a moment. The wizards who taught him tended to have low opinions of shamans as being "unscientific". Rolf didn't know much about "spirits", and pondered if there was any connection between shamanism and necromancy.

Still, Zthulan seemed sincere, and the group could use all the help it could get. Rolf smiled as he took the dragonborn's hand and shook it.

"Well met, Zthulan (did I pronounce that right?). I hope that you will consider joining us. Since you're interested, let me tell you a few more details."

He told Zthulan what he had told Jeraylia, including Zilean, the bombs, and his opinions of his companions. He overheard Skitter tell his full name to Jeraylia, and wondered if the "Sir" was an actual title of nobility, or if Skitter was just putting on airs.

"So, please give some thought to joining us. Now if you'll excuse me..." Rolf voiced trailed off as he caught a glimpse of the High Priest. Several of the refugees were surrounding him and Tiffany, some asking for guidance some in prayer. The High Priest seemed a bit tired, but he was alive and well. Rolf thought that perhaps the High Priest could wait until the crowd had dispersed.

"Actually, there is something you might be able to help me with right now," Rolf said. He led Zthulan over to the body of the dead cultist that was lying by the metal box. "This cultist was standing in the middle of the courtyard, invisible, when we last saw Zilean. He seemed to be casting a spell of some kind in Zilean's direction before Horizon killed him. Now, forgive me if I misunderstand your powers, but is there any way you could possibly speak to his spirit? Ask him what he was doing, where his hideout is, what Zilean's plans are, that sort of thing?"

If there are vendors already here, Rolf might do some shopping. However, he will want to go speak to Master Nester (lives just outside of town) to research the bomb materials, identify the cloak, help translate the bloody book, take a bath, change clothes, etc.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"So, please give some thought to joining us. Now if you'll excuse me..." Rolf voiced trailed off as he caught a glimpse of the High Priest. Several of the refugees were surrounding him and Tiffany, some asking for guidance some in prayer. The High Priest seemed a bit tired, but he was alive and well. Rolf thought that perhaps the High Priest could wait until the crowd had dispersed.

"Actually, there is something you might be able to help me with right now," Rolf said. He led Zthulan over to the body of the dead cultist that was lying by the metal box. "This cultist was standing in the middle of the courtyard, invisible, when we last saw Zilean. He seemed to be casting a spell of some kind in Zilean's direction before Horizon killed him. Now, forgive me if I misunderstand your powers, but is there any way you could possibly speak to his spirit? Ask him what he was doing, where his hideout is, what Zilean's plans are, that sort of thing?" [/i]

He examines the corpse before looking at Rolf.
"Communing with the dead is more difficult than commune with the spirits of nature and animals. It also depends on what the person worshiped in life. However I will try my best.

Let's see! I would assume a nature check... rolled a: 6. Drat!
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Fuck you internet. Cutting out right when I hit "Send".

Ok so, if shopping needs to be done, The knives will be on the wishlist, but I want them enchanted- something like frost damage. I just need to buy materials for the AFs, because I can make them. Also, moar water.

Horizon returns, and makes his way to the temple door, taking a seat and watching the other two speak with the crowd. As he waits, he eyes the two Paladins from before, and debates going over and having a talk with them. Ultimately, he decides they aren't worth it. As he watches Rolf speak with- what is that? Something reptilian maybe? He couldn't tell from there- he sees the two of them approach the cultist he killed earlier. Curious, Horizon joins them, wordlessly, listening to what they're saying.

Edit: I just had an epiphany. You know that garbage Wizards online dice roller that keeps ruining us? Its a conspiracy- it's designed to make you fear and distrust dice programs and go out and spend money on actual dice.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Don't worry, Azarune. Zarhon gives modifier based on what your skills are. If spirits and Nature are your specialty (like Arcana for Rolf, Intimidate for Horizon, etc.), there's a chance you could still make it. Unless you roll a Nat1. There's no saving you from that.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Heh, yeah. So this is how I am assume communing with the dead is. Despite the fact that the soul can belong to the gods domain (Astral Plane) communing from our world is like ringing a doorbell to their house. They may not answer. Something strange like that, not entirely sure they are pretty vague about communing with the dead. Unlike necromancer's shaman don't force the spirits to their will (or at least the ones I know). It is a give and take relationship.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 pm

As Zthulan started examining the body, Rolf looked over at Horizon. "Hey, Horizon. This is Zthulan Ydal, he's a shaman who might be joining us. I asked to see if he could talk to this cultist's spirit and...wow. You cleaned up quickly. White clothes and everything. What, did you store some backup clothes near the temple or something?" Rolf looked down at his own clothes. Having rolled around in grease and getting partially hit by a dust explosion, he was really looking forward to getting back to Nester's to clean up and change. "And what's with that white line on your faceplate?"

Yeah, I remember watching Spoony's d20 session at ConBravo (on his website). They tried using Speak With Dead and...it wasn't entirely productive.

"What the hell do you want?"
"Who sent you?"
"Your mother."

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 am

lol. But I don't have the knives yet (unless we're ghosting the shopping part).

"Maintaining a professional appearance even under periods of duress is one of several mechanisms designed to reel in an overtaxed mind. I could still use a bath, though." Horizons reply is practiced and somewhat monotoned- one of the remnants of his military training. It was too bad that whole thing never worked out...

Horizon snapped himself back to the present, and continued. "The white line.... matches the clothes. I think it looks pretty cool. So what are you guys up to, again?

Short answer: SWAG.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next