Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 19 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 am

Edited my previous comment to match lack of knives.

"Well, right now we're seeing if Zthulan can talk to this dead cultist, figure out what he was doing, what Zilean's plan is, whether or not he has any regrets regarding his career path, etc. So did you have any clue as to what he was doing before you killed him?"

I don't think we're "ghost-shopping". It'll probably be us "looking" for some type of merchant in particular and Zarhon telling us what each merchant has.

Skitter, don't forget to accept donations! I'm not sure the merchants will accept doorknobs and chalices as payment....unless the Finder's Guild has a stall set up.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 am

Horizon just kind of looks at Rolf for a second. "Uh...Magic?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:18 am

Rolf facepalmed. "Let me rephrase the question. Did you notice any sudden changes in his behavior that correlated with events that occurred while we were talking with Zilean?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 am

Bronymous wrote:So what are you guys up to, again?

Knowing that the conversation continues around him Zthulan decides to answer Horizon's question. Not leaving letting the cultist leave his focus he begins speaking to Horizon as his spirit companion fades out of existence
"Mr. Towden is correct, I am trying to commune with the cultist to perhaps persuade him to help us. I work with the spirits of the world and while mortals who worship deities don't always stay, I can request an audience. He however is recently dead, his spirit will linger for a time. It will rely on his desire to help."

He gives a quick glance at Horizon, and begins speaking in a tone that expresses nervousness

"Mr. Horizon, a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, hopefully we won't butt heads in ideals and morals during our mission."

Sorry it takes awhile for me to think of what to say.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 am

"Nothing visible. But it may have been shielding magic, which would explain why he didn't firebomb us when he had the chance- he knew he would eat it, too. So he ghosted out, instead. In fact..." Horizon knelt next to the body, and showed its burned hands. "When Skitter threw the first bomb and it exploded, there was damaging feedback to this guy. So whatever it was, shield or otherwise, it negated the damage done to the lich. That's probably exploitable." Horizon stood again. "Also, whatever spell it is requires all of the caster's concentration. Also exploitable. If we could just find a way to bring him to ground level, he shouldn't be too hard to kill."

Horizon finished expounding and turned to the new guy. "You'll find I'm quite easy to work with. If he hasn't already, I'm certain Rolf will explain the details of our arrangement.

Yet you still managed to ninja me. Regardless, you'll grow into it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 am

"Hmm. That's interesting. So Zilean likes to have back-up for his performances. Whether it's because he's actually vulnerable or just doesn't like getting hit, I'm not sure. If we run into him again, we'll need to sweep the surrounding area in case he pulls a stunt like that again."

Rolf turned to Zthulan. "Horizon's...philosophy says that since we're part of his team, he's in a sort of "contract" with us. As long as you're on his team, he won't harm you. This contract is rendered void if you try to...let's see...murder him, steal from him, or break a deal with him, if I recall. He prefers people having conviction in their actions rather than indecision, regardless of what the action is, but it's not a "deal-breaker", so to speak. He's willing to behave with allies, but when he faces enemies, all bets are off. And...I think that pretty much covers it. Did I forget anything?"

...Sooo, is Horizon still upset about the whole "locked outside" thing?

Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 am

Lyntermas wrote: Rolf turned to Zthulan. "Horizon's...philosophy says that since we're part of his team, he's in a sort of "contract" with us. As long as you're on his team, he won't harm you. This contract is rendered void if you try to...let's see...murder him, steal from him, or break a deal with him, if I recall. He prefers people having conviction in their actions rather than indecision, regardless of what the action is, but it's not a "deal-breaker", so to speak. He's willing to behave with allies, but when he faces enemies, all bets are off. And...I think that pretty much covers it. Did I forget anything?"

There is a exasperated sigh from the shaman. "I suppose the most I can request of him is that he gives our enemies a quick death. Prolonging suffering is something I do not enjoy. Though I suppose in the grand scheme of thing that pain will be temporary."

Zthulan becomes quiet for a few moments. "Yes, give them a quick death, if you plan on dispatching people after interrogating than I request you also don't let their suffering linger.

Goodnight folks! Hopefully by either tomorrow or Thursday I will post Zthulan's backstory.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:21 am

Horizon looks at the shaman, then at Rolf, and then busts out laughing. And he laughs. And then keeps laughing. After a solid mintue of laughter, he calms own enough to respond,"Ha ha...yeah... yeah I'll do that."

Horizon is not mad about the thing, otherwise I would have smacked you already.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:50 am

I was thinking it might just be a diplomacy roll (high ranking) for trying to bolster morale and singing and stuff. But luckily, I have a song I prepared on the bus.

Here we go!

A slow whistle washes over the sound of the crowd, catching peoples attention. Quickly the playing of the flute picks up in pace and passion. (think riverdance) At the height of a crescendo, a voice starts singing.
"A maiden fair and pure of heart,
yet baulks none against the tide.
A wizard brave, though terrified
in truth he is inside.

A kobold noble from distant lands
lends aid with sharp diplomacy.
And a ranger tall, dark, mysterious,
throws bottled fire to burn this heresy.

Fear not, ye citizen of Fezaris,
for hope is bright and shining.
Four heroes stand amongst our midst
to fight this evil blighting."

Jeraylia flips off the stage with a tumble into the crowd who have gathered around, and once against lifts her flute to her lips. She plays a few more fast paced refrains, before softly, but adamantly singing.

"But still your hour of courage is before you,
a time to take a stand.
Help your fellows, throw some bones out,
and purge your treasured land."

She ends her song with another heated chorus of flute.

Depending on the response, she bows. So guys, how was my first attempt at a bardic tune? I hope it wasn't too bad. I like the idea of rolling before I do things, so I can make up dumb songs when I roll bad. Like Elan from Order of the Stick bad. "Hit, hit, hit the cultist, hit them in the head. Hit, hit, hit the cultist, until you're sure that he is dead." Very Happy

Last edited by Broken Logic on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:55 am

Lynt, what they don't have pawn shops here? Gold and silver can be melted down. As long as he finds a merchant who likes money I'd say he's good.

Since Horizon was otherwise occupied, Skitter told their new bard their tale, with a few touches to make himself look better (though nothing that would lead someone to believe he can do things he can't and end up getting them in trouble later) and the pelorites look, well the way he probably sees them.

Edit: ninja'd, guess we'll just say that happened before the bard song?

Edit 2: I liked it. And I love the idea of rolling and then...rolling with your results.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 am

Well, since you already said you were doing that, I think you're fine.

Song was good, clever. Horizon will have a more thorough response once the two are better acquainted.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 am

Very nice! That's getting a major bonus, if not succeeding outright. (I'll assume Skitter told Jeraylia about Tiffany.) I look forward to future ballads.

You're probably right, Ramsus. Feel free to sell the knickknacks to whoever will buy them. Zarhon will probably allow it.

So just to clarify for Zarhon:
Jeraylia

Roll for History (knowledge/memory of Zilean's previous invasion)
Roll for Performance (to calm audience down/ make them more likely to donate money)

Zthulan

Roll for "aura-detection" (determine alignment of party) : 6+modifier
Roll for Nature/ Speak with Dead : 6+modifier

Good night, everyone.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 am

Oh right, the aura. Well, Skitter does worship an evil god, Zehir. But, I mean, Skitter doesn't view it as evil. Is poisoning and assassination really more evil than warfare? I'm not sure why Zehir is evil and Kord is neutral. But, D&D alignments and what they're applied to are like...*shrug* There'd probably be a hint of...snakes in it. That'd make sense for a shaman to pick up on I'd think. Of course he's also a dhampyr so....vampiricness probably doesn't show up as happy funness on an aura check. Then there's his shadow powers, so yeah he probably shows up darker than he really should on something like that. Up to Zarhon though. Just putting some suggestions out there.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 am

Depending on how well you roll for Auras, you may have to deal with an accidental nightmare in Horizon's case. At the very least, a shroud of confusion around darkness and evil, and a bad feeling.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:28 am

I don't know if you'll find anything particularly interesting about Rolf's aura. His death-curse on the other hand...
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 am

And that wasn't a high roll...I bet he doesn't get a very detailed result. So we're all just going to show up as varying shades of darnkess. Great first impression. =P

Btw, this isn't at all on topic at all..
Spoiler:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:51 am

It's not even a thing. Not even a thing.

Edit: HEALTH POTIONS! I must have health potions when we go shopping. Laying in bed awake and that just occured to me.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:32 am

Ramsus wrote:And that wasn't a high roll...I bet he doesn't get a very detailed result. So we're all just going to show up as varying shades of darnkess. Great first impression. =P

Btw, this isn't at all on topic at all..

It would just mean Zthulan will have to work extra hard! Like a lot of young adults fresh outta college(training) he is curious and socially awkward as all heck! Still my character's personality will evolve as I get more familiar (ha, get it?) with him.

Also good morning.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 am

Ramsus wrote:Btw, this isn't at all on topic at all..
Spoiler:

Neither did I, well not until a few days later. Laughing It's easy to miss something like that. Dan/Mods probably didn't notice.

@ Broken: Sure, feel free to roll first. If its under 9, it's usually "bad".

@Broken+Azra: Could you get some avatars? Makes it easier to distinguish posts Very Happy

@Others: If you want a more specific merchant, feel free to say which. Also what you expect to buy.

Edit: Update!

Amongst the merchants that returned are a basic weapons merchant (who's making a killing, arming refugees), a clothes merchant (who appears to be giving free clothing to some of the unfortunate refugees), a light/medium armor merchant (most of his ware appear to have been used), a gypsy-clothed woman running a herbal/ingredients/quasi-magic/medicine shop and a pair of discreet little fellows that Rolf recognizes as a member of the Finder's and Thieves Guild, respectively, sharing the same stall. The pair appear to be taking only "select" customers. There is also a rather shady looking thiefling, going around the crowd and occasionally going back and forth to a stall. Horizon recognizes him as one of "those" individuals, the kind that sell things in dark alleys and don't ask questions other than "How much do you have?" or "Do you have any close relatives?".

Zuul! Zthulan

Spirits/Aura -> 6 + 8 = 14

The spirits inside the temple appear to be those of the deceased. Most of them are docile, but appear to have been disturbed by the sacrilege and desecration performed on their remains. They do not mean harm (well, most of them don't), but also don't want to have their memory tarnished by random people picking up their remains and lugging them around who-knows-where.

You also take a good look at the spirits and forces surrounding your new allies.

Tiffany -> Nothing of note. She's a normal human as can be.

Rolf -> The spirit of this human seems much like that of Tiffany, however, there seems to be traces of an ancient, ancient power, or spirit, surrounding this human. Whatever it is, you can tell one thing: It is entirely pure (non-conflicted, absolute in its essence) and it is "natural". You also feel another presence, completely foreign to you. It doesn't seem entirely natural, or entirely unnatural.

Skitter -> The kobold appears to bear the burden of many spirits: Five spirits, all alike, surround Skitter's own spirit. All of them (including Skitter's) are faintly unnatural.

Jeraylia -> Nothing unusual. Well, not for a deva, anyway. Her spirit is obviously ancient, on account of their "immortality". Who knows what goes on in her head?

Horizon -> There is something VERY unnatural about this human. Dark, certainly malevolent.

Jeraylia

History -> 12 + 8 = 20
Song -> 16 + 8 = 24

The crowd loves the song! Some of the listeners even give you a few gifts, causing you to receive a potion (healing), a bit of money (roughly enough to buy a day's worth of groceries) and a flask of wine (regular). They organize themselves a bit better and speed up the process of entering the temple. The song also attracted the attention of most of the shopkeepers (the finder/thief pair and shady thiefling being exceptions), who are now eagerly expecting you come to their shop.

Sifting through her memories, Jeraylia can recall Zilean's rule to be rather dark: Families would be forced to stay inside houses, as undead would roam the street and attack anyone acting "suspicious" without mercy. Most of the fighting was at first done by hit-and-run tactics. It later evolved into small skirmishes of retaking the city blocks. Eventually, a big confrontation occurred between the resistance leader and Zilean, which was all the town needed to make a final push and retake the town. Details, though, are sketchy, without a point of reference, or reminder of some sort. Her own role in the war is uncertain: She was probably involved in some fighting, but where and what kind, is unknown

Last edited by Zarhon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Spending a few more moments looking at the corpse Zthulan takes a look at each of his companions. Before turning to Rolf.
"His spirit doesn't wish to be spoken too," with a indifferent shrug he casts his glance over to the High Priest before returning to look at the wizard.
"I would suggest that the High Priest gives directions to the crowd to not disturb the bones. The dead would be most appreciative.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Zarhon, I think you meant six including his own. Unless there's another one I'm not aware of.

Did Skitter ever manage to pick up any metal wine goblets? If not he'll try to acquire some.

As for shopping, well he probably tries all of the merchants since the stuff he wants is pretty varied. He'll try to get free stuff from the tailor. Well, ok, he tries to get all of them to give him free stuff or a discount but, that's the only one he has reason to suspect he'll actually succeed at it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Rolf nods at Zthulan. "Thank you for trying, at least. The High Priest is busy at the moment, but I will be sure to inform the clerics and paladins. Anyway, I'm going to do a bit of shopping until the crowd clears. Feel free to speak to any of the other members of our group, including the deva who sang that impressive song. Glad to have you with us."

Rolf quickly relays the information to the paladins and clerics, then head over to the stalls. He notices Skitter visiting each of the merchants in turn. He decides to go over to the Finder's Guild booth. He nods to the Thieves' Guild merchant, then starts speaking to the Finder's Guild Merchant. "Rolf Towden, Freelance Escort, Inventor of the Password System for Escorts, "Valued Consultant" status. Primary reference is Thomas Gallows, also known as Slick Tom. I request that you give full access of wares and full cooperation to myself and my compatriots, which include Horizon the human, Tiffany Ryu the human, Skitter the kobold, Zthulan the Dragonborn, and Jeraylia the Deva. 'May all that is lost be found again'." Rolf turns to leave, but then adds, "Oh, and any information regarding the account of Brother Gerald, now deceased, would be greatly appreciated."

Once his business with the Finder's Guild was complete, he walked over to the gypsy woman. "Greetings, madam. I wondering what wares you have to offer. I am specifically looking for wands or scrolls you may have. I would also like to sell you this invisibility scroll, a fireball scroll modified to center on the caster, and a small stone that I believe is useful for disarming magical seals." Rolf decided to hang on to the trapped "kamikaze" scroll, one of the "letter-openers", and the amulets.
(He might sell one of the amulets if he is sure there is enough for the party).

"Also, I was wondering if you could identify this for me." He pulls out the box containing the extract used in the bombs and shows it to the gypsy woman. [/i]

Rolf will still want to visit Nester for a few things (experimenting with the ingredients, figuring out what the cloak really is, etc.), but this is a start.

I think Skitter picked up a golden chalice as part of the "loot EVERYTHING" room.

Zarhon wrote: there seems to be traces of an ancient, ancient power, or spirit, surrounding this human. Whatever it is, you can tell one thing: It is entirely pure (non-conflicted, absolute in its essence) and it is "natural".

Well, that's to be expected.

Zarhon wrote: you also feel another presence, completely foreign to you. It doesn't seem entirely natural, or entirely unnatural.

...Curse you, Cloak of General Unease!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Ramsus wrote:Zarhon, I think you meant six including his own. Unless there's another one I'm not aware of.

Huh? I though it was clear enough.

Six spirits, all alike, surround his own.

Six spirits and his (Skitter's) own. Seven total. Edited.

@Goblet: Can't remember anymore. Was it listed from when you looted the rooms in the dormitory?

Also, I assume he'd play up the hero status, or is there some other way he'll diplomance the discounts?

Last edited by Zarhon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Ramsus wrote:Zarhon, I think you meant six including his own. Unless there's another one I'm not aware of.

Did Skitter ever manage to pick up any metal wine goblets? If not he'll try to acquire some.

No, just six. That last one didn't count. Or Skitter doesn't actually have one.

Also, if I had to guess I would say you have 3- 2 from that room where you stole EVERYTHING, and one Rolf gave you for sanguinis purposes. I have one as well.

I feel like you're trying to tell me something, pointing out the halfling like that. But we'll get to that. For now, Horizon will follow Rolf to the Thief and Finder stall, because I know that's where he's going, and I've wanted a chance to deal with them.Ninja'd again

Horizon follows Rolf to the Thief and Finder's Stall. Once Rolf finishes his request, Horizon turns to them expectantly. "So, what do you got for me?"

And a Double Ninja for good measure.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Seven? But, there was just him and the five broodmates. Who's the seventh?

Yeah, I think he'd be playing up the hero status though, he may also throw in a mention of him arriving with naught but the clothes on his back (especially with the tailor who's giving out free stuff to refugees).

Ok, three goblets plus Horizon's is plenty. Though we might want to grab another one from the temple if we see the opportunity, unless someone else already has one or doesn't drink.

Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next