Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 32 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm

"No complaints here," Zthulan than looks for any torch holders that he could light, as to mark the way back.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Skitter shrugs and continues forward.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Jeraylia calms her breathing and closes her eyes, just listening motionless by the entrance to any sound coming from the corridor. As the rest of the party moves over, she rummages in her satchel and draws out a small cylindrical object. "Do you guys think it would be a good idea to use a sunrod?" she asks the party in a low voice. "We sprung the trap, so they already know we're down here, but the sun rod would just make us that much more easy to ambush."

Does Skitter have darkvision? And thanks, Lyntermas. I need to practice my drawing more.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes I do but, I rolled a 1 on that Perception check so.....yeah.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm

"Well, that's just the thing: I don't think the miners are down here any longer. That piece of meat was left rotting on that chair, and the lanterns in this room haven't been lit for a long time. So I say that you should feel free to use it. Let's continue."

As the group walks along, Rolf picks up one of the pickaxes he noticed earlier. Rolf takes a closer look at the white, hard fragment that was embedded in the handle and tries to figure out what type of material it is.

Roll for Perception on white fragment.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Ramsus wrote:Yes I do but, I rolled a 1 on that Perception check so.....yeah.

That counted for just this room on the initial "sweep". Feel free to have Skitter "put more effort/interest" into checking the tunnels, or something in this room.

Rolf

Perception -> 2

Try as he might, Rolf fails to figure out the type of material the shard is made of.

Edit: What do you peeps think of color-coding our text? Different color for each character (or their lines)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Its a tooth, duh. They were attacked by something, it tried to bite them, ended up biting the handle.

"So between the Kobold sneak that can see in the dark, the Shaman with firebreath and a torch, the Wizard with the lightshow, and the female with the sun rod, why is it precisely that I'm the one taking point through the dark tunnels?" Horizon leans against the wall, clearly annoyed at the lack of common sense that seemed to be plaguing the group.

Am I seriously the only one without a light source? I mean, besides smashing an AF and letting that light the way.

Edit: If I had any idea how to color code, I would call red.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:58 pm

When you post see the options up there? See the one that's a box of little squares that are different colors? I'll take my usual, teal. Since Bronymous is taking red and Gray doesn't show up well. And yeah, pretty sure you're the only one without a way of seeing in the dark. To be fair, why don't you have one? What kind of adventurer doesn't pack at least a few torches? Iirc they only cost one copper apiece. Not exactly gonna break the bank on em.

I guess this means we can stop italicizing our IC text then if we're using color?

"Ah, finally figure that out huh? Guess we should stop screwing around then. I'll go search ahead some more." And he does so.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm

"Horizon, take my torch than, my apologies for not thinking of offering it to you in the first place." Still not particularly comfortable by being near what haunts Horizon Zthulan offers it to the ranger with a sincere smile.

I call blue!
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Rolf sighs, pulls the fragment out of the handle, and hands it to Horizon. "See if you can tell what it is". He then brings the dancing lights close to him as he walks through the tunnels.

Yes, it might be a tooth, but Horizon might know what type of tooth it is.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Horizon considers taking the torch. "Hmmm... Nah. I refer to keep my hands free. Besides, you probably need the extra protection. SO are we going?" Horizon gestures again to the tunnel, but doesn't move.

I was mostly just commenting on how we were all walking around searching in the dark, despite the apparently obvious lightsources we all have.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 am

"Yes, we're going." Rolf started walking down the tunnel they had not gone in before, his dancing lights following behind him.

I'm probably not going to be able to respond at all tomorrow, got some long-range driving to do for a job. Try not to get me killed by the time I get back.

Oh, and Horizon has the tooth, if he wants to take a look at it.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:57 am

"Oh. Guess I didn't notice all the discarded equipment. You're most likely right, Rolf." Jeraylia smacks the sun rod against the cave wall, and the item quickly floods the corridor with brightness. "Still, I'd like to err on the side of caution. I'll take point this time, if you don't mind." She switches the sun rod to her left hand, and draws her sword. "Let's see how far this rabbit hole goes, and if there's any trace of Alice."

Purple for me, because apparently she's big and purple and a pikmin (prior edits Razz). For reference, Jeraylia has her buckler strapped to the wrist of her left hand and so, being a light shield, she's able to hold a small item in that hand as well. Still... a light shield is only worth one AC anyway XD.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 am

I'm pretty sure you can have a buckler or such on an arm that holds a non-weapon object anyway.

Edit: And purple was just because the Deva pictured in the book are purple, thus when I think about Deva that's the first color that comes to mind.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 am

Broken Logic wrote:Still... a light shield is only worth one AC anyway XD.
Except that in this game, AC doesn't exist, so its not worth anything. Make sure you remind Zarhon that you have it every time you attempt to block, or it will disappear entirely.

Horizon gestures to the tunnel, the way a gentleman would as he holds the door for a lady, as Jeraylia passes. He then falls in line behind her, but remains silent as they move into the tunnel.

Having a masked helmet is like wearing dark sunglasses- no one can see what you're looking at.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 am

And just like sunglasses, it's sorta ridiculous to be wearing in the dark when you already have issues seeing.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:00 am

Ramsus wrote:Edit: And purple was just because the Deva pictured in the book are purple, thus when I think about Deva that's the first color that comes to mind.

I know, I was just joking around. And I wanted to say big, purple pikmin. And I realised that noone in game would get the Alice reference, maybe I dunno. If it comes up, I'll say it's a fable from a long, long time ago Razz. Back when people smoked weed e'ryday. T'was a strange time.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:43 am

More like it's a tale you hear last week about something that happened in the Feywild. =P

Oh Feywild, you're so silly, random, and horribly horribly dangerous.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:44 am

Bronymous wrote:Having a masked helmet is like wearing dark sunglasses- no one can see what you're looking at.

Wouldn't that also make it more difficult for you to actually see anything, on account of having no peripheral vision? That and this.

What kind of helmet is Horizon wearing, anyway? Got a picture?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 pm

No picture readily available. However, being that I always go into the utmost detail when outlining my characters' equipment and abilities so that they stand up to real-world logic:

Most of Horizon's helmet is made of thin but durable tempered steel, as would most quality helmets. It has a domed crown with a small middle crest, and holds a smooth, rounded shape along the back and sides. along the bottom edge is a secondary plate that, in conjunction with the mantled collar of his breastplate, protects all but the front of his neck from hacking and slashing.

The faceplate, however, is much more intricately designed. It is a single piece that fits over the front of the helm from Crest to just below chin level. Obstensibly it is a 1.75" plate of ceramic-steel that while flat (slightly curved with the contour of the helmet) on the outside, is fitted and molded inside to be worn comfortably over Horizon's face. The plate has blended vents along both "cheeks", allowing for generous air flow during moments of exertion or duress. These vents are also shaped to allow his voice to carry, so he can be heard more clearly while his helmet is on. The visor is darkened, reinforced (scratch proof) glass that, while nearly indistinguishable from the outside, allows for a wide range of vision. Under any but very close scrutiny, the faceplate appears to be a single solid piece, the only indication of the glass being reflections in bright light.

The primary helm is featureless, but the faceplate has been adorned with decorative etchings, the most notable of which appear over the "eyes". On the right, what we would know to be a targeting reticule- a circle overlaying three arrows, pointing toward the center (Anyone who's seen my Pony Tales character Flashpoint: the same symbol appears on his Cutie Mark). The reticule serves no actual purpose other than decoration, however. Over the left eye is a design of the wickedly shaped eyes of a demon or monster- the left half of two pairs, one above the other (Note: this is not based off of "the Demon", who only has one pair of eyes). Other etchings are no more than minor, almost invisible, semi-runic designs that hold no significant meaning.

Horizon is known to adapt his outfit to certain situations, especially in the case of camouflage. His helmet will often be adorned with painted markings that in some way reflect these changes (i.e., the single vertical white stripe along with his white clothing). However, his armor and helmet always retain their base pattern and coloration- matte gunmetal grey and dark blue.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm

The party enters the tunnels, with Jeraylia and Horizon in the lead.

Perception -> 8, 12

The tunnel seems similar to the one they were in previously, with various dead ends, abandoned mining equipment and coffins, strewn or broken around. As they move through more ringing can be heard, from several directions, this time. Horizon notices a suspicious looking plank, that appears to be linked with string to the previous room, as well as to somewhere unknown, further along the tunnel. It appears Jeraylia stepped on it, not noticing it on time.

The tunnel, unlike the previous one, is wavy and slightly erratic, almost like an "S" shape. It then forks into two other tunnels, one leading left, another right. Both of them, they can see, lead to room-sized areas.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Alright gang, lets split up and search for clues. Daphnaylia and I will go left, Ydelma, Rolf (I can't even work with that) and Skibby will go right.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 pm

That's probably not the wisest split. Both groups should have one of our two casters. Horizon going with Zthulan would probably be better since Horizon is so far the most damage prone member of the party (and technically Skitter can self-heal in a pinch). So those two one way and the other three the other would probably work out better.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:10 am

I'm in favor of Ramsus' plan. Or maybe we might try something crazy and stick together.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:48 am

And if my plan was anything other than a Scooby Doo joke, I'm sure it would have some merit. Of course we don't split up, we don't have any sound tactical reason to.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next