Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 3 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:01 am

Demonu wrote:@ The Warrior of Many Faces:

I'm switching Dextor's training from Persuasion to Streetsmarts and I'm also changing The Stare to Derp.
Because it seems all my characters are heavily Persuasion based and I'd like to try something different.

(Originally, I was going to take Brew Potion but there's no official version of that yet with any specifications.
Spoiler:
So I'm sticking with official talents for convenience sake Smile

I have to agree that with the current ambiguity of Brew Potion, I'm not inclined to use it yet. Besides, this makes a bit more sense anyway; from the way you've been playing him thus far, I haven't seen much evidence of persuasiveness. More like a sharp mind that babbles when he's nervous, making Streetsmarts a better trained skill for the character.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 3 Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:34 am

Cardbo wrote:Cheese takes Zebulon aside and in soft voice so that no one else can hear.

"You seem like a level-headed fellow and I think I can trust you with this.

"I think our friend Blackhawk here is actually a robot. Nothing wrong with robots. Robots our cool. But, what I'm not sure is if Blackhawk is the "crush, kill, destroy type", or 3 laws compliant. Keep this to yourself for now."

...bwahahahahahaha! That has got to be the most ridiculous and funny theory I've ever heard!
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 am

Okay, I have to ask: what in Cheese Wheel's history happened to him that made him so loony?

Because nothing in the character sheet alludes to it. And Fracture the Fourth Wall doesn't mean the character is a nutjob or anything. So why this?

Just curious, that's all.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Whoops. Forgot the second talent. Added. Ready to be indroduced now, checking the thread every half-hour or so until then.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Demonu wrote:Okay, I have to ask: what in Cheese Wheel's history happened to him that made him so loony?

Because nothing in the character sheet alludes to it. And Fracture the Fourth Wall doesn't mean the character is a nutjob or anything. So why this?

Just curious, that's all.

I had actually planned on Cheese Wheel being more sane. His element is Generosity, not Laughter, though I think maybe I should change that. Its that back and forth between him and Kalvin that kinda convinced him to play him as this. Still Cheese isn't genuinely insane, its mostly an act. A ruse to make people underestimate him and to duck out on responsibility.

EDIT: I must admit, I'm having a heck of a time playing Cheese like this.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Appkes wrote:Whoops. Forgot the second talent. Added. Ready to be indroduced now, checking the thread every half-hour or so until then.

Looks good to me, Appkes. I'll move things along as soon as Cheese and Zebulon are done discussing automaton hippogryphs. (Man, this campaign is weird already, and I haven't done a thing to make it that way! XD)

Demonu wrote:Dextor, completely oblivious to the talks of Cheese Wheel and Zebulon discussing robots, sheepishly tugged on Starlight's tail to alert her of his presence.

"Uhm... About that tuxedo: I'm a size S."

He looked around the compound before directing his gaze back to Starlight, all the while still holding on to her tail.

"This is actually pretty cool." he said before looking straight at Starlight's face.

"You're cool." Spoke Dextor with a slight twinkle of admiration in his eyes as he let go of the tail.

Oh. Oh my. This will be amusing. Twisted Evil
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Looks good to me, Appkes. I'll move things along as soon as Cheese and Zebulon are done discussing automaton hippogryphs. (Man, this campaign is weird already, and I haven't done a thing to make it that way! XD)
We're just that good at role playing Cool
Interesting...

Well, Dextor has his reasons but there's no point in revealing them here Razz
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Demonu wrote:
Interesting...

If this is how your characters react to the relatively normal stuff, I can't wait to see their reactions to the really weird stuff! Very Happy

I figured there were reasons... but man, what is it with baby dragons and unicorns? Razz
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:33 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Demonu wrote:
Interesting...

If this is how your characters react to the relatively normal stuff, I can't wait to see their reactions to the really weird stuff! Very Happy

I figured there were reasons... but man, what is it with baby dragons and unicorns? Razz
You think there's any romantic feelings involved?

Meh, believe what you want to believe Twisted Evil
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Demonu wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:I figured there were reasons... but man, what is it with baby dragons and unicorns? Razz
You think there's any romantic feelings involved?

Meh, believe what you want to believe Twisted Evil

Either way, this will be interesting. Now I actually have something to use Starlight for aside from giving out missions. lol
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Starlight definitely does not strike me as the kind of pony who is a love intrest. The personality appears to vary from
Ninja,

Through Soul-less,

And down to Android.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Appkes wrote:Starlight definitely does not strike me as the kind of pony who is a love intrest. The personality appears to vary from
Ninja,

Through Soul-less,

And down to Android.

True, but people have fallen in love with less pleasant people before. Just look at the Dursleys!
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Appkes wrote:Starlight definitely does not strike me as the kind of pony who is a love intrest. The personality appears to vary from
Ninja,

Through Soul-less,

And down to Android.
Robots deserve love too!

Just look at Sweetie Bot and try to tell me you don't want to hug that. Smile
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:11 pm

We have a maybe-robot on our team. Are you saying he can't love?
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:24 pm

No, of course not!

But I do know who does.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 pm

WoMF, can I change Cheese's Element to Laughter? I don't think Generosity fits anymore.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Cardbo wrote:WoMF, can I change Cheese's Element to Laughter? I don't think Generosity fits anymore.

I agree. Go right ahead. Smile
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Cardbo wrote:WoMF, can I change Cheese's Element to Laughter? I don't think Generosity fits anymore.

Mind showing what kind of d100 table you're using or is that supposed to be a surprise?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Demonu wrote:

Mind showing what kind of d100 table you're using or is that supposed to be a surprise?

Not much of a surprise party if I tell you about it in advance, now is it? Smile
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Demonu wrote:

Not much of a surprise party if I tell you about it in advance, now is it? Smile
Doesn't really matter as none of us have Laughter, except for Cheese Wheeln and even then it's still going to be a random d100.

As long as you're not using the forum one, it's cool.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Demonu wrote:
Demonu wrote:

Doesn't really matter as none of us have Laughter, except for Cheese Wheeln and even then it's still going to be a random d100.

As long as you're not using the forum one, it's cool.

Nope. I'll be making up my own table. Smile
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Okay I need to stop being in classes all day because gog dan you guys.

...as a side note, if I'm reading things correctly, which I may not be, we now have one person representing every Element of Harmony on our team. Clearly in no way will this ever be important.

Boop boop beep bop boop.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:15 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Okay I need to stop being in classes all day because gog dan you guys.

...as a side note, if I'm reading things correctly, which I may not be, we now have one person representing every Element of Harmony on our team. Clearly in no way will this ever be important.

Boop boop beep bop boop.
We do?

Huh, never paid attention to that actually.

But remember, Warrior of Many Faces: if you didn't think of it yourself, you're not allowed to use it ^^
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Demonu wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Okay I need to stop being in classes all day because gog dan you guys.

Boop boop beep bop boop.
We do?

But remember, Warrior of Many Faces: if you didn't think of it yourself, you're not allowed to use it ^^

No, you don't. Sorry. Both Kal and Cheese have Laughter.

So, Demonu, you're Applejack now? Demonjack?
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Demonu wrote:

Boop boop beep bop boop.
We do?

No, you don't. Sorry. Both Kal and Cheese have Laughter.

So, Demonu, you're Applejack now? Demonjack?
I'm whatever-I-want-to-be-jack ^^

And that's a general consensus among many role playing groups, not just the FiD one.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next