Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 18 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Yep, that sounded like the postpony Zebulon knew.

"Yes, tell us all about this unicorn," said Zebulon.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:37 pm

((bumps))
Blackhawk wrote:"Overheard his conversation with you when we were gettin' off the train. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't it seem like he was bein' pretty carefully close to popular opinion and/or vague every time he even mentioned this costumed creep?"
Kal raises an eyebrow at the hippogriff. "That may be true, but popular opinion is popular opinion for a reason. He also seemed genuinely put off by the vigilante's brutish tactics."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:45 pm

"Even if Gold Coin is not the vigilante and even if he's here courting Jubilee, the mine is still suspicious. He's losing a ton of bits on this endeavor. Perhaps he's not looking for coal, but for gems, or precious metals. If nothing, else Wheel Merchantile might want to invest."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Even if Gold Coin is not the vigilante and even if he's here courting Jubilee, the mine is still suspicious. He's losing a ton of bits on this endeavor. Perhaps he's not looking for coal, but for gems, or precious metals. If nothing, else Wheel Merchantile might want to invest."
"Gems?" Dextor asked as he licked his lips, despite the fact he had eaten a ton just a couple of minutes ago.

I want to roll a History check to see if Dextor can recall anything about gems or the like being mined in the area.
[13 + 10 History = 23]
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Demonu wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"Even if Gold Coin is not the vigilante and even if he's here courting Jubilee, the mine is still suspicious. He's losing a ton of bits on this endeavor. Perhaps he's not looking for coal, but for gems, or precious metals. If nothing, else Wheel Merchantile might want to invest."
"Gems?" Dextor asked as he licked his lips, despite the fact he had eaten a ton just a couple of minutes ago.

I want to roll a History check to see if Dextor can recall anything about gems or the like being mined in the area.
[13 + 10 History = 23]

[Dextor remembers that there were rubies here once, supposedly more delicious than any harvested before or since. However, the last one found, five centuries ago, was sent from Equestria as a gift to Bahamut, king of the dragons at the time.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:22 pm

"Alright, yeah, gems, great," Blackhawk burst in, impatient. "Spectacular, even, but that don't change the fact that even if we know who this vigilante is, we need some kinda proof and some kinda plan before we go after 'em. Now proof, I can understand waitin' on that until we know the guy's name, but as for a plan...I'm thinkin' we better start on the basics of that now." He sighed. "This guy's been at this kinda thing a lot longer then we have, you know? A lot longer."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:59 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Alright, yeah, gems, great," Blackhawk burst in, impatient. "Spectacular, even, but that don't change the fact that even if we know who this vigilante is, we need some kinda proof and some kinda plan before we go after 'em. Now proof, I can understand waitin' on that until we know the guy's name, but as for a plan...I'm thinkin' we better start on the basics of that now." He sighed. "This guy's been at this kinda thing a lot longer then we have, you know? A lot longer."

"I don't know if we need to go after the. Just figure out they'd be willing to work with Starlight's organization. Anyway, do we have a plan of action for the evening? I'd like to see if I can find Gold Coin,and see if I can find anything out of them. Anyone want to come with? Otherwise, unless you've got other plans for investigation, can the rest of you look into Detective Looker? Find out how long he's been here and if you can track him, find out what he's found on the vigilante."

"Afterwards, there's always the roach motel to investigate."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Blakchawk made...a noise of some sort, scratching the back of his head with his talon.

"Alright, I'll come with," he finally said, a sigh of reluctance escaping his beak. His talon hit the floor with an almost-imperceptible tick. "Long as the guy's wantin' to see you tonight, you need somepony to come with, and I'm still your 'bodyguard' after all, right?"

"Let's hope that disguise doesn't become too literal before the night's over," the hippogriff thought wearily to himself. As per usual, he had a bad feeling about this.

And one of these days, he figured, the bad feelings were going to turn out to be right on the money.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:38 pm

"Your own physician I can still be," said Zebulon. "Unless would prefer that I doth go to the roach motel now, and straightaway."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Cheese give Blackhawk a nod.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Your own physician I can still be," said Zebulon. "Unless would prefer that I doth go to the roach motel now, and straightaway."

"Do you think it'd matter if we go now or later. Either way is fine. If its not an issue, we can drop by the roach motel while searching for Gold Coin."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:59 am

"Yeah, I'm not going to a place called 'The Roach Motel.' I can keep an eye on Looker, I suppose. I presume you don't know where he is currently?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:04 pm

"No I don't. The last I saw or heard anything about him was at the train station."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Dextor listened to what the others had to say and tried to sum it up the best he could: "So one group is going out to look for this Looker fellow and another one is going to investigate the Roach hotel, correct?"
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:42 pm

"Personally I think we should try and catch the Vigilante in action once it gets late" Barabus interjected, "Maybe feign a mugging or something"0
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Appkes wrote:"Personally I think we should try and catch the Vigilante in action once it gets late" Barabus interjected, "Maybe feign a mugging or something"0

"Nah, those things never go well and usually end up backfiring. And if you dare say 'Whats the worst that can happen?', I will find a fish to drub you over the head with. I don't care that we're in the desert. I will find one."

OOC:A Simple Plan.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Cardbo wrote:"And if you dare say 'Whats the worst that can happen?', I will find a fish to drub you over the head with. I don't care that we're in the desert. I will find one."

"And I swear I will help," Blackhawk stated with as much finality as he could muster. It wasn't much.

He turned to Dextor, curious. "So where you headed off to, then, Dex? Don't want a repeat of that, er...frick, let's call it what was, that fiasco earlier today."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm

"Hey, no need for fish-based violence," Barabus laughed "That's right out. But seriously, we need to get out and do something."
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"And if you dare say 'Whats the worst that can happen?', I will find a fish to drub you over the head with. I don't care that we're in the desert. I will find one."

"And I swear I will help," Blackhawk stated with as much finality as he could muster. It wasn't much.

He turned to Dextor, curious. "So where you headed off to, then, Dex? Don't want a repeat of that, er...frick, let's call it what was, that fiasco earlier today."
Dextor turned his head, seemingly delighted at the prospect of going out with friends.

"Well, I'll go with those who are going to the Roach Hotel, if there aren't any objections."
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Demonu wrote:
Dextor turned his head, seemingly delighted at the prospect of going out with friends.

"Well, I'll go with those who are going to the Roach Hotel, if there aren't any objections."

"Sounds good."

Turning to Barabus "Are you going with Kal to look for Inspector Looker?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 am

"Eh, I'm supposedly cheeses bodyguard, so it might not be a good idea to go off without him. Maybe Blackhawk can go."
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 pm

"I believe he said he was going with you. I can handle Looker by myself."
((I don't remember if I rolled History on Looker or not, so here's a supplicant roll.))
Spoiler:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Quietkal wrote:"I believe he said he was going with you. I can handle Looker by myself."
((I don't remember if I rolled History on Looker or not, so here's a supplicant roll.))
Spoiler:

[I don't think you did. The info you got is little more than you already knew: Looker is a detective, but not a very good one.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Appkes wrote:"...Maybe Blackhawk can go."

Blackhawk visibly halted in his preening, a sudden flinch that nopony with a functioning sense of vision was going to miss.

After a quick attempt to soothe his ruffled feathers, quite literally, Blackhawk swallowed loudly and turned to Barabas. Tick. "Yeah, I'm thinkin' that's gonna be a poor idea for a variety of reasons, right there." A split-second too long of a pause passed. the room by. Tock. "That is to say, er, we're the only two of this motley crew who can fly, if you see what I mean. You sure it's best to be clusterin' up our assets like that?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:19 pm

"I certainly do not like the idea of Kal investigating on his own," said Zebulon. "But as he seemed to do fine beforehand, it might not be so bad a thing to let him look for Looker on his own again."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 am

"I've been around the block before, and if Looker can do anything as well as he investigates I should be fine."
Kal stares at the others briefly before continuing. "I'm calling him incompetent. You all take the hippogriff, you're more likely to run into trouble."
Kal then proceeds out of the room and towards the lobby.
Let's start with asking the lobby attendant if Looker is lodged here.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next