Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 20 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Demonu wrote:OOC: what would I have to roll/do find out Doom's location?

reserved for posting

[Your best bet is to just look around, like you had planned, or ask the pony behind the desk. Speaking of which...]

The pony finally finishes cleaning his glasses, puts them on, and yells in panic. "Aaahh! Don't worry, sir, I'll save you!" He subsequently leaps forward to try to rescue Zebulon and tripps over the desk, which then shatters into several large pieces of rotting wood. A couple of pieces of wood are now embedded into the legs of the pony, who groans in pain.

The cockroaches snicker as one.

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"You have imbibed in my own bread and jam - it came from the orchards of Jubilee. Tomorrow I have cause to go again, and one of everything I'll get for thee," said Zebulon. "I thank you for considering this quest - you may have this as token of my thanks."

Zebulon takes some leftover hay sandwich and offers the roaches the bread, considering that they aren't fond of hay particularly.

Most of the cockroaches lunge for the bread and devour it, but the scarf one remains to negociate with Zebulon. "Two of everything and you have a deal," he says firmly.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 pm

"You have the word of Zebulon the Just," said Zebulon. "Now if you will excuse me, I must work."

Zebulon puts down a second saddle bag and pulls out a small metal bar and handing it to the receptionist pony.

"Bite down on this, it will help with the pain," said Zebulon. "You can trust me, I know my medicine."

Zebulon gets to work removing the wood from the unicorn's legs and sealing up the wounds.

OOC: Heal Check - 11 + 16 + 1 + 1 = 29.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Seeing the pony slam headfirst into the counter, Dextor saw his opportunity and decided to seize it. "Oh my Celestia! Are you alright?"

He rushed over to the pony lying on the floor in agony. But before he kneeled to take a closer look, he first glanced at the guest register lying between the rubble.

[14 + 7 Perception + 1 Instant Party = 22]

Because I figure you'll probably won't scroll back to find that.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"You have the word of Zebulon the Just," said Zebulon. "Now if you will excuse me, I must work."

Zebulon puts down a second saddle bag and pulls out a small metal bar and handing it to the receptionist pony.

"Bite down on this, it will help with the pain," said Zebulon. "You can trust me, I know my medicine."

Zebulon gets to work removing the wood from the unicorn's legs and sealing up the wounds.

OOC: Heal Check - 11 + 16 + 1 + 1 = 29.

Demonu wrote:Posting before things happen! Dextor is secretly the Master Cool

Seeing the pony slam headfirst into the counter, Dextor saw his opportunity and decided to seize it. "Oh my Celestia! Are you alright?"

He rushed over to the pony lying on the floor in agony. But before he kneeled to take a closer look, he first glanced at the guest register lying between the rubble.

[14 + 7 Perception + 1 Instant Party = 22]

"It's a deal, then," Scarf-Roach agrees. As Zebulon leaves, Scarf-Roach begins yelling at the other cockroaches to begin mobilizing.

"Nnn..." the pony groans as Zebulon treats him, ignoring Dextor completely.

Dextor sees the register: the names he catches are Mr. Wrecker and crew, Time Turner, Ditzy Doo, Miss Kitty, and a Mr. Howler.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Coffee ambles over to where Zeb is treating the brown unicorn.

"Good day, sir! I see this establishment sells mushrooms. But I don't see any labels with price tags or descriptions. Is this a showroom type dealie?"
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm

"Wht?" the unicorn says, his words muffled by the bar in his mouth. "Wht th hck rr oo tkin bout?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:34 pm

"I don't believe he sells these strange mushrooms," said Zebulon. "I deal with nature and would not touch them, if that affects your view in any way."

Zebulon puts pressure on the wounds to stop their bleeding.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm

The bleeding indeed stops after a moment; the wounds weren't as bad as they appeared.

"Cn I tk ths out now?" comes the muffled voice of the unicorn.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 pm

"Feel free to do so, I will clean it off," said Zebulon, bandaging the wounds. "You're actually a lucky unicorn - the wounds are indeed not so serious, and you had a doctor on hand to heal. Try to be more careful around the wood."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 pm

"This is outrageous! Clearly false advertising! I'm afraid I won't be recommending this place to anyone who want mushrooms."

Cheese paces a bit, back and forth.

"Well, in that case, what do you sell here?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Feel free to do so, I will clean it off," said Zebulon, bandaging the wounds. "You're actually a lucky unicorn - the wounds are indeed not so serious, and you had a doctor on hand to heal. Try to be more careful around the wood."

Cardbo wrote:"This is outrageous! Clearly false advertising! I'm afraid I won't be recommending this place to anyone who want mushrooms."

Cheese paces a bit, back and forth.

"Well, in that case, what do you sell here?"

Clearly annoyed, the unicorn uses magic to take the bar out of his mouth and fling it at Cheese. "This is a hotel, you idiot. I sell lodging, as should be obvious."

Then something clicks in his mind. "Wait a sec..." He turns to Zebulon. "Weren't you the one being mobbed by roaches? Dang it, I got injured trying to save you for nothing!" He stops to think. "It is weird that the cockroaches swarmed like that, though. They don't usually do that..."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Blackhawk, for once in his life, decided to stay behind and out of the way, not feeling any particular desire to head inside a hotel literally swarming with mushrooms and cockroaches. "And stale cider, if I'm smellin' that correctly." He sighed. "You know, not to complain or nothin', Luna, but this is not the kind of glamorous lifestyle my twelve-year old self saw me having." The hippogriff sighed again, wondering vaguely if the Princess of the Night really did have the ability to make one-way telepathic contact with any of her subjects who wished it. "Not sure whether to hope so or hope not.

Brown feathers scraped against brown rot as Blackhawk flapped his wings, once, twice. With a sort of resignated noise that was neither a sigh nor a grunt, he attempted to relax his body against the doorframe without actually relaxing his body against the doorframe. Again, rotten wood.

Ostensibly, he and Barabas were acting as bodyguards. Perfectly natural for them to stay outside and watch for danger. Of course, typically bodyguards don't relax on the job or try and make smalltalk, but then again, Blackhawk was a bodyguard in name only. "So," he spoke up, slightly softer than necessary. "We haven't had much of a chance to talk, have we, big guy?" He turned his head toward Barabus, though his eyes swooped in every other direction, performing loop-de-loops almost lazily as Blackhawk attempted to take in the desert sky. "Kind of a shame. Been wonderin' since I met you how you got roped into the spyin' business." A playful smirk. Only Blackhawk could make a smirk seem both good-natured and impatient. "Or did they just give you the rope and up and let you hang yourself?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:57 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:

[You see a tumbleweed roll past.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:57 pm

((Sorry, stuff came up. Such is life...eh?))
It was bad enough being in this filthy room, but seeing the cockroaches swarm around the zebra was the last straw. Kal stifles a heave and rushes back out the door.
Guh...Okay...definitely not going back in there. I don't even know for sure Looker is there. He could very well be staying with someone he knows in town. Yeah. So I should make a thorough sweep of the town, then come back here. Yeah.
((Kal's going to fly and search the town. And then when nothing turns up, he's going to search the town again. Is there something I should roll?))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Quietkal wrote:((Sorry, stuff came up. Such is life...eh?))
It was bad enough being in this filthy room, but seeing the cockroaches swarm around the zebra was the last straw. Kal stifles a heave and rushes back out the door.
Guh...Okay...definitely not going back in there. I don't even know for sure Looker is there. He could very well be staying with someone he knows in town. Yeah. So I should make a thorough sweep of the town, then come back here. Yeah.
((Kal's going to fly and search the town. And then when nothing turns up, he's going to search the town again. Is there something I should roll?))

[Perception will do nicely.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 am

Spoiler:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:06 am

Quietkal wrote:
Spoiler:

Kal actually has the fortune to locate Looker as he gets a door slammed in his face. Evidently Looker is still investigating, but isn't getting too far.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 am

Before Barabus could answer, a brownish glassed blur shot past the two "bodyguards" with a puff of smoke. It was a nice distraction from the tumbleweed.

Blackhawk blinked, attempting to set his heart rate back at something approaching normal. "Welp," he squawked. "Hope he turns out okay."

A quick shake of the head and a dislodged feather later, Blackhawk turned back to his minotaur companion. "So anyway, you were sayin'?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:15 am

((Hooray for 19's!))
Oh thank Celestia he's not back at that roach place.
Glide in for a smooth landing near Looker.
"Excuse me? You wouldn't be the renowned Investigator Looker, would you?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:20 am

Quietkal wrote:((Hooray for 19's!))
Oh thank Celestia he's not back at that roach place.
Glide in for a smooth landing near Looker.
"Excuse me? You wouldn't be the renowned Investigator Looker, would you?"

"Indeed I am!" Looker declares loudly, twirling to face Kal. "My master investigative skills have been brought to bear on the Ghost! No longer will he evade the law!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:35 am

"Oh man, you've tracked a ghost?! That's incredible! But I guess if anyone could do it, it'd be you! I myself am uh...a budding investigator, and would it be possible for me to tag along for a little bit? You know, learn direct from the master?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:03 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Clearly annoyed, the unicorn uses magic to take the bar out of his mouth and fling it at Cheese.

Cheese dodges the bar.

"This is a hotel, you idiot. I sell lodging, as should be obvious."

Cheese looks at the unicorn like he's crazy. He looks around the room.

"This is a hotel? You should've stayed with the mushroom store story. That sounded better."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:27 am

Zebulon moves between the clerk and Cheese.

"What my dear patient clearly means is that he did not see the sign - quoth 'Roach Motel'," said Zebulon hurriedly. "He's nat'rally confused, pay that no heed. Your doctor's bill's two hundred sixteen bits, but worry not - my friend will cover that."

Zebulon coughs a little bit while staring at Cheese.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:43 am

Cheese sighs.

"Alright, I'll add it to your salary. Least I could do for the inconvenience."

OOC:Actually, I think I might be onto something with the mushrooms.

"Say, why would you even have mushrooms here? Mushrooms need three things. Darkness, and there are certain dark corners in this place. Decaying matter, which I can see as well. But! They also need moisture, and we're are in a desert, are we not? So where are they getting moisture?"

OOC:Is inside the room more humid than normal?
Perception Check + Dextor + AoAT
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9
Total:20

OOC:General Perception Check of the room. What do I notice?
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:14 am

Quietkal wrote:"Oh man, you've tracked a ghost?! That's incredible! But I guess if anyone could do it, it'd be you! I myself am uh...a budding investigator, and would it be possible for me to tag along for a little bit? You know, learn direct from the master?"

"Hahaha!" Looker laughs. "It is not a literal ghost I have tracked, but the vigilante around these parts is as elusive as one, no? That it why I dubbed him so."

He looks the griffon up and down. "Far be it from me to forbid a budding investigator, and should the vigilante resist... well, my fighting abilities are not yet on par with my detective skills." He coughs, a little embarrassed.

Cardbo wrote:Cheese sighs.

"Alright, I'll add it to your salary. Least I could do for the inconvenience."

OOC:Actually, I think I might be onto something with the mushrooms.

"Say, why would you even have mushrooms here? Mushrooms need three things. Darkness, and there are certain dark corners in this place. Decaying matter, which I can see as well. But! They also need moisture, and we're are in a desert, are we not? So where are they getting moisture?"

OOC:Is inside the room more humid than normal?
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9
Total:20

OOC:General Perception Check of the room. What do I notice?
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22

[...I should have known that one of those random background details would trip me up. XD

However, the room is definitely not humid. Besides that, several cockroaches are swarming through the muck, meeting up with each other briefly, then moving on, generally moving towards the door. Since the other doors remain closed, it seems safe to assume that either they really don't care that someone crashed into a desk, or they're not currently here.]

The unicorn looks geniunely puzzled. "What? Mushrooms require moisture?" He peers at one. "But... these don't seem to..."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next