Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing in the Sandbox

+5
Lyntermas
A1C Bronymous
Demonu
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
9 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Playing in the Sandbox - Page 6 Empty Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 am

The blue-scaled dragonborn gives a gruff laugh and says, "Oh I agree completely Genasi-san." followed by a wink. He takes out another saucer and pours her a drink, carefully handing it to her. "Is this to be the sort of acquittance where we formally exchange names and later talk business....or the kind where we do not?" he finishes with a grin, giving the impression he'd be happy with both but, would prefer the later.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:07 am

Alma suppresses a giggle, taking a sip form the offered drink, and opting to move in even closer. "Hmm, have something on your mind, do you?" She is barely more than whispering in his ear at this point, as her hand lightly traces along his chest. "Well, I may just have a little "something" in mind as well." Her voice drops even lower as she whispers into his ear, naming a time and place away from here, as well as a teasing suggestion. She then moves away from him, grabbing his bottle of Sake. "I'll just take this; we wouldn't want you to show up in any shape less than your best. Don't disappoint me now..." she adds with a seductive wink and giggle, before turning to leave.

She makes sure he is out of sight before returning to Skaimos, handing him the bottle. "I trust that was sufficient, Terai-san? I could, um... keep going... if you need me to."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:37 am

Skaimos stares stunned at Alma for a moment before his lips creep into a smile. "No, I don't think that more work will be necessary, Lex-Iya-san. I must confess when he started pouring out the drinks, I was afraid that one of us might have to come in to back you up. But you managed to surpass my expectations once again." He gives a small bow, and examines the bottles that Alma had managed to take. "A bottle and a half. That should be enough for Tordek-san's drinking contest."

His smile slowly fades. "However, my part in this plan may not be as straightforward as I'd hoped. My plan was that when there was one guard remaining, I would stand behind him and Mykaila-chan. I would mentally speak with her, telling her that we are here to help and that when I give the signal, she should run straight towards you. You see, I have a technique called Memory Hole that I had planned to use on the guard. Normally, it is to be used in combat situations, by reaching into your opponent's mind and wrenching out his mental image of you. It both damages the opponent and, if done successfully, renders you temporarily invisible to him. However, it only works on one person at a time, which is why I would have to wait until one guard was remaining. I was hoping to modify it slightly so that instead of ripping out the guard's image of me, I would gently remove the image of Mykaila-chan as she ran off. It would only work for a short time, but it would be enough for her to get away. If we're lucky, and the guard is distracted by Cyrta-san's performance, he may not notice her "disappear".

"However, what I should have realized earlier is that the guard will be a gith, whose culture has a background in psionics. While the Memory Hole may work on him, there is a chance that he might at least realize that somebody is doing something to his mind. He will then look around and see no girl, only a tiefling with a rather concentrated look on his face. My idea was that if he realized the girl was gone, I would tell him that she went off to tell the daimyo about the performance, or that she at least muttered something about "I've got to tell the daimyo" before she left. However, he may be less inclined to believe me if he believes that I have been pulling something on him. What would you suggest?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 am

"Um..." Alma isn't sure about the finer points of Psionics, having never experienced them herself. "I don't know, Terai-san, maybe you could... hide? That is, if you're worried about being found out, then stay out of sight of the guard, but nearby enough that you can... um, do... that." She looks away, embarassed. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know much about that kind of thing."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"A bottle and a half. That should be enough for Tordek-san's drinking contest."

"However, what I should have realized earlier is that the guard will be a gith, whose culture has a background in psionics. While the Memory Hole may work on him, there is a chance that he might at least realize that somebody is doing something to his mind. He will then look around and see no girl, only a tiefling with a rather concentrated look on his face. My idea was that if he realized the girl was gone, I would tell him that she went off to tell the daimyo about the performance, or that she at least muttered something about "I've got to tell the daimyo" before she left. However, he may be less inclined to believe me if he believes that I have been pulling something on him. What would you suggest?"
A bottle and a half? Child's play for a dwarf. But the last part of the plan worried him somewhat.

"I'd suggest usin' that trick for combat as intended," whispered Tordek. "But with the daimyo watchin', that's not a very GOOD plan. I don't know about psionics - I'm a fighter, through and through."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 pm

"No, you're right, Lex-Iya-san. I should take advantage of the crowd that will hopefully form around Cyrta-san's performance and just blend in some distance away. Standing right next to them is unnecessary; I just need to pick an appropriate range to use my abilities. Even if the gith thinks something is up, there won't be much he'll be able to do about it. Tordek-san, while the "painful" version of the spell may be necessary if things go wrong, the less impact we have on events the better. A concerned gith does not draw as much attention as a gith holding his head in pain.

"Well, now I feel much better about this plan. But since we've got time, let's see what else we can learn." Skaimos turned his attention to the guards surrounding the viewing area, to determine how much attention they are paying to those on the outskirts.

OOC: Rolling for Perception...3+1(Wis) = 4.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm

4 huh? Skaimos learns that there totally are guards there! Wowzers!
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Cyrta was about to just start up her fire tricks... Then faceplamed... "Oh yeah... I'm so dumb..." She stats then turns to the group. "I just realized that there is no way they'd even LET me do my fire magics here, given the risks... Even though I do think I'm good enough to pull it off without lightin' anything on fire. The Guards don't care about that... Fire, risk, they'd deal with it... And at best I'll just end up soaked to the bone with water after the first sign of fire, at worst I'd locked up and waiting and waiting to be killed for my crimes..." Of course the Pixie might be stating a little of an exaggeration for the worst case event if she started up doing her fire magics, but still it's a bad idea regardless that only now is she bringing this up.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 am

"Hmm. You may be right, Cyrta-san. While I'm not able to tell anything much about the guards, they probably would respond if they saw fire. That makes it less likely to use as a long term distraction as I had planned." Skaimos thought for a moment. "We may be able to use fire as a last resort, though. If things go bad, you could use a large burst of flame to get the daimyo's guards attention (or everyone's for that matter). But then you would probably have to fly away from the hill to avoid capture. There might be a way could use that."

Skaimos sighed. "But this is all conjecture. Unless any of you is able to glean anything else about the guards or the surroundings, all we can really do is wait."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 am

"Well... not to disagree with you, Teari-san, but a distraction is a distraction, is it not? Whether drawing the attention of the guards because of interest or because of a perceived threat, the fact remains that their attention will be drawn." Alma looks to the pixie. "So, perhaps, wait a bit longer to use your fire, but otherwise continue as planned." She looks back to Skaimos, and then looks down quickly. "Oh, but I'm sure you already thought of that."

Last edited by Bronymous on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:18 am

One and a half bottles of sake, and fire that would be seen as a threat? Why is it that every plan seems to go wrong unless you don't explain it?

"It would still get attention away from the girl," said Tordek.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am

"True. Cyrta-san could still use her fire. My main concern was I was afraid that doing so could potentially put her in harm's way if the daimyo's guards decided to..."take action." But it still could be a viable distraction." He turned to Cyrta-san. "If you are willing to take the risk, you are free to do your fire-tricks. However, I ask that you don't start your fire dancing until the hostage arrives, and possibly after Tordek-san has led at least one of the gith guards away from her. That way there is a chance your performance could be short enough to avoid gaining the ire of the daimyo's guards."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Bronymous wrote:"Well... not to disagree with you, Teari-san, but a distraction is a distraction, is it not? Whether drawing the attention of the guards because of interest or because of a perceived threat, the fact remains that their attention will be drawn." Alma looks to the pixie. "So, perhaps, wait a bit longer to use your fire, but otherwise continue as planned." SH elooks back to Skaimos, and then looks down quickly. "Oh, but I'm sure you already thought of that."
"Something... Just is not right about that plan... But I'm not sure what..." Cryta mutters to herself.

The Pixie takes a deep breath to try and relieve her worry, then said. "I am willing to take the risk... Just give me the signal to start Fire-Dancing/Running away and I'll play distraction..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 am

The group passes the time, each in their own way (which may or may not just be watching the petals fall over the town). Eventually they see a small crowd of people coming from the castle and more people come from all around the hill. The Daimyo, already surrounded by people before he even reaches the copse of trees, briefly greets and chats with more people as he makes his way. This lessens once he enters the invisible barrier (in a metaphorical sense, not literal) of the inner area and is only approached by a couple individuals as the others seems content to wait for their chance later. While this is happening, the royal guard, in slightly more than the number of the guards already in the area, mostly spread out around the area, though some stay around the Daimyo and his family. The royal guard are all wearing impressive ceremonial armor or garments and the nobles are dressed in various kinds of finery. The party does spot a Githzerai and his retinue near to the center, where the Daimyo is clearly supposed to sit. Eventually you spot the golden Thri-Kreen child, another Thri-kreen who is clearly a servant, and four guards (whose race you can't make out from this distance) in ceremonial dress, though not the royal guards', about a quarter of the rough circle shape of the copse away from your group.

As the nobles descended upon the area, the few members of lesser races left, aside from the elf kid, and you soon learned why as Tordek received a lot of dirty looks and scowls. Cyrtanthus on the other hand was either ignored or waved at by several nobles. One of which, a Drow lesser noble, whose group took up a spot nearby where the party had set up called over to her saying friendlily, "Hello there winged bauble, enjoying your freedom I see. Come and sit with us a bit." And then something that had been nagging at the back of her mind for a while finally clicked. While it was an advantage that she knew this event and the area, people here also knew who she was. And if they didn't she was one of only a handful of pixies in the entire city.

A moment later the Daimyo sat down, and while there wasn't an official ceremony to this event, almost everyone else (who wasn't a guard) sat down and quietly appreciated the beauty of the petals falling for a few minutes before resuming their activities.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:01 am

Alma moves about the crowd until she is in position: In between the path they came from and the girl's position, so that once the girl has made it to her, they have a straight shot out. She smiles at the other random guests, but says nothing. At her position she concentrates on watching the blossoms fall again, keeping an eye out for the plan to unfold.

Edit: fix'd

Last edited by Bronymous on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 am

Ramsus wrote:As the nobles descended upon the area, the few members of lesser races left, aside from the elf kid, and you soon learned why as Tordek received a lot of dirty looks and scowls. Cyrtanthus on the other hand was either ignored or waved at by several nobles. One of which, a Drow lesser noble, whose group took up a spot nearby where the party had set up called over to her saying friendlily, "Hello there winged bauble, enjoying your freedom I see. Come and sit with us a bit." And then something that had been nagging at the back of her mind for a while finally clicked. While it was an advantage that she knew this event and the area, people here also knew who she was. And if they didn't she was one of only a handful of pixies in the entire city.
Noticing the dirty looks, Tordek thought it would be best not to charge off and challenge a guard to a contest willy-nilly, so he sat, contemplating the roses as best a dwarf could, and turned to Skaimos.

"I'd get nowhere challenging one on my own," whispered Tordek.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Skaimos nodded. "That is true," he whispered."And we've got other things to worry about. There are more guards than I had anticipated. I have no idea about the servant; would he (or she, it's hard to tell with Thrii-Kreen) help us or hurt us? Some of the nobles here seem to recognize Cyrta-san, so we have to make sure that she isn't caught in any...criminal activity. And it's not like the guards are just going to come and challenge you..."

Skaimos stopped, then smiled. "Or maybe they will. Tordek-san, you stay here. If the guards approach, just act friendly, and if they ask you what you're doing, just say you're enjoying the blossoms and some sake. If we're lucky, they'll challenge YOU to a drinking contest. Cyrta-san, move a bit closer to the guards, but not with me. And don't start your fire-dancing just yet, I want it to be a surprise."

Skaimos considered the plan. In order for this to work, this needed to seem as much like coincidence as possible. Alma could stay where she was; the less the guards knew of her, the better.

Skaimos made his way towards the four guards, the girl, and the servant. "Greetings, my fine fellows. The blossoms are a beautiful sight, are they not? Oh, but where are my manners? I am Skaimos Terai, a humble merchant. May I ask who you are, and what brings you here?"

Skaimos quickly looked over at the guards and servant to see what he could tell about them.

OOC: I am looking for how the guards are arranged (circled around the girl, standing in front), the race and disposition of the guards (strict, bored, etc.), and the behavior of the servant (willing, haughty, under duress, etc.)

Rolling for Perception: ...9+1(Wis)=10.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm

The Pixie hated that nickname, and she's sure the Drow knows that, but it's a nickname she most likely will never be able to shake and out of reflex and out of respect for the more Noble classes she did follow the Drow that asked for her to follow them now worried about how much of the plan they could slavage now. But she wouldn't dare talk of such a think out loud at this moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

As the rest of the group moves away, Cyrtanthus goes to sit with the Drow noble and his friends. He offers her some sake and asks, "I hear you've become some sort of firedancer? If you're ever looking for better pay, I would always be willing to offer you a position." He gives a short laugh before continuing, "Not that I can offer you anything like what any of those in the inner circle could but, at least you know I don't have some of their....interests." At this one of his friends rolls his eyes.

Meanwhile the rest of the group approaches the girl and her guards, Skaimos directly approaching them while Tordek hangs back and Alma moves off to one side so as not to appear to be with them. The four guards were encircling the girl and her servant who were still just watching the petals fall (since the servant isn't currently doing anything it's impossible to get a read on her attitude). The guards themselves looked alert but, not particularly expecting any trouble. One was a Githzerai, one a Dragonborn, another a Firesoul Genasi, and the fourth was a Tiefling. As Skaimos spoke the girl and servant looked over in curiosity and the Genasi, the closest to Skaimos, narrowed his eyes and replied gruffly, "Yes they are merchant. Who we are is of no concern to you and if you do not know why we are here you should not be. Be on your way." he finished sternly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Ramsus wrote:As the rest of the group moves away, Cyrtanthus goes to sit with the Drow noble and his friends. He offers her some sake and asks, "I hear you've become some sort of firedancer? If you're ever looking for better pay, I would always be willing to offer you a position." He gives a short laugh before continuing, "Not that I can offer you anything like what any of those in the inner circle could but, at least you know I don't have some of their....interests." At this one of his friends rolls his eyes.
"Yes... I have become quite skilled with my fire, making sure I don't harm anyone or set anythin' on fire..." Cyrta said with a smile. "I am deeply thankful for the job offer Drow-Sama. I'll have to talk you a little more about what such tasks intails later in privet I'm sure or something like that. I think? Or am I just being a silly pixie in thinking that?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm

"Mmm. Indeed it would be best to avoid anyone getting hurt." He laughs and again more eye rolling from his friend as he replies, "Yes, feel free any time to come visit me at my home and we could discuss details. Now, enough business-" "Uh huh." interjects another of his friends. He continues with a polite "ahem" "- would you care for a bit to eat? Perhaps in exchange for some tales of the firedancer's life?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:03 pm

"Well I always feel it would be rude to turn down any offer of food." The Pixie jokes then goes to happily chatting about how life so far has been. Leaving out the plans to deal with the kidnapped child of course...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Skaimos held up his hands in mock surrender. "Fine, fine, just making conversation. Is it a crime to wonder why someone is here? Maybe you're here on some official business." He turns to the Gith. "Maybe you're here just for the atmosphere." He looks at Mykaila. "Maybe the spirits sent you." He turns back to the Genasi. "But I will respect your privacy."

"I simply inquired because I thought that if you were not to busy, I could ask you a favor. You see that dwarf over there?" He points over at Tordek. "He's one of my family servants. I was here to discuss things with some nobles, and my father asked me to bring him along to see the cherry blossoms. I would have refused, but he's my father's favorite, for whatever reason. So, I brought him along, hoping that he would stay quiet, but then the oaf somehow managed to get a hold of some bottles of sake. If he drinks it all himself (and he just might try), he's liable to get drunk and start harassing the other guests. I'd take the bottles away from him, but he tends to get...loud when someone tries to take his drinks by force." Skaimos sighs in exasperation.

"So I saw you all standing around, and I was wondering if a few of you could "challenge" him to a drinking contest for me. That way he would be less likely to get fully drunk (or at least he'd pace himself). You'd get some free sake in this beautiful place, my servant would feel happy, and I don't have to apologize to everyone when he starts...singing." Skaimos shuddered.

"But you're all obviously quite busy, so I will leave you to...whatever it is you're doing. Besides, you might not be able to...no, I'm sorry. There would be no shame if you felt that you could not hold your liquor against a dwarf." Skaimos smiles and turns away.

OOC: Roll for Diplomacy/Bluff: Nat20+5(Training)+3(Chr) = 28!
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:39 pm

The Genasi almost flat out says no but, looks at the other guards and shrugs. There are still three of them and while he couldn't care less about Skaimos' problems, free booze is free booze and while it's not exactly his job to deal with troublemakers, he's sure he could handle the dwarf easily. The other three guards just shake their heads in disbelief but say nothing as he walks over to Tordek and says, "So I hear you think you can handle your drink? Want to place a bet on that pint-size?" The girl and the servant watch, clearly amused by this unusual behavior of their otherwise stern guard.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Tordek chuckles.

"I'm bigger in the one place it counts, you pansy," says Tordek, pulling out a bottle of sake. "Twenty gold says you can't outdrink a dwarf!"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next