Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing in the Sandbox

+5
Lyntermas
A1C Bronymous
Demonu
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
9 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Playing in the Sandbox - Page 7 Empty Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:55 pm

The Genasi gives a derisive smirk and slams down 20 gold pieces and pour from the bottles for the both of you.

So yeah, make an Endurance check and we'll get back to you later as your contest will take some time, unless you have anything you want to add to that scene.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Tordek matches the bet and starts to do what dwarves to best.

1d20 (Nat 20) + 5 (Trained) + 3 (Con) + 5 (That's the PHB Bonus to steady drinkers - I can reduce if needed) = 33.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Alma frowns as she sees only one guard walk over to Tordek and begin drinking. This meant that either Skaimos and Cyrta would have to work extra hard to distract all three of the others, or she would have to become more directly involved. Still she remained in place a while longer, waiting for the others to make their moves.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Skaimos gave a small smile as the Genasi sat down and started drinking with Tordek. However, one thought continually ran through his mind:

There is a good chance that this plan wasn't going to work.

Oh, yes, he had managed to convince the Genasi to challenge Tordek. And ONLY the Genasi; the rest seemed content to watch. And only after he had done a (if he did say so himself) masterful performance. AND maybe a bit of a mental push on the "can't outdrink a dwarf" line. Also, he wasn't sure if Mykaila had picked up on the "spirits sent you" line. Not to mention he wasn't sure if the servant was another victim or an obstacle. Would Cyrta's fire dancing fully distract at least two of them (assuming the royal guards didn't stop her immediately)? Otherwise, how was he supposed to use Memory Hole on more than one guard, if not the servant? Would he also have to try making the servant invisible too? Could Alma distract them AND help facilitate escape? There were too many variables and no clear method and he was getting so frustrated and-

Skaimos took a deep breath, and let it out. The sternest (hopefully) of the guards had been dealt with; hopefully the rest would be more receptive to "distractions." They would stick to the plan for now, and keep at it until it couldn't work anymore. After that...well, they may not get out clean, but they would definitely get out.

Skaimos turned to the other guards. "Feel free to join him if you like. The more sake you have, the less the dwarf can get drunk on. Or at the very least, be ready to carry off your friend when he's had too much." He smiled and walked away, hoping that they had already forgotten his name.

He walked over to where Cyrta was sitting with a Drow and some other nobles. "Ah, Cyrta-san, there you are. Good day to you, sirs. Do you mind if I borrow her attentions for a minute or two?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:55 pm

As Skaimos parts he notes the Tiefling guard roll his eyes.

"Well, I never! Excuse me we were just getting to the good part. Be off with you sir. Now tell us more about the man with the lizard little one." the Drow responds, brushing Skaimos off.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:23 am

Cyrta gives a quick look that says, she can't really leave right now, and then went back to her stories for the Drow...

(OOC: I'm really locked here... No way would my Pixie even think of trying to do such disrespect to leave said drow without telling them why she was leaving. Or having a good enough lie to leave them, and while she's got the skills to pull it off, I don't think she could think up something like that right this second.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 am

A bit miffed, Skaimos stepped away from the group. He listened to their conversation for half a minute, long enough to understand they were asking about her stories as a fire-dancer. He then used Send Thoughts on Cyrta.

"They seem to like your fire-dancing. Perhaps they'd like a demonstration? Somewhere close to the girl so the guards would be looking away from the exit, perhaps?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:21 pm

And the Pixie inwardly sighs to herself but then quietly suggests to the Drow to maybe preforming her skills for them right now... Figuring that if she were to start such tricks by a Noble's command she'd not get punished to badly.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

The Drow grabs the pixie's hand, somewhat alarmed, "I would love to have you put on a show for us but.... not here. You are much prettier alive little bauble." The eye-rolling friend replied, "Awwwww. Now that would have been a show." somewhat nastily.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm

"I'm not getting any ok from the Drow-samas... So... I'm mostly stuck here not using my fire." Cyrsta mentally replied to Skaimos. "If we want to really still try using me as a distraction. It'll have to be at the last second... But really the risk factors a LOT higher then I first thought, I mean, I'm well known by mostly eveyone here... I do anything and they'll know who to blame and who to kill..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Skaimos thought back, "Understood. Keep talking for now, but try to wrap it up. If they try to detain you, say "I'm a free woman and I have my own business to attend to. Good day." I'll let you know if I come up with anything."

Skaimos made his way over to Alma. "We've got problems. Tordek-san's probably drinking the strictest of the guards under the table, but there are still three more. Cyrta-san is recognized around here, and the general thought is that fire-dancing would be a death warrant, at least without a noble or someone to vouch for her. And I still don't know what to do about that servant."

"So here's ONE plan: I will telepathically communicate with Mykaila-chan and see what she knows. Cyrta-san will leave her conversation, go to a point where the guards would look away from the entrance, and "sneeze" a burst of flame. You would put out the flames and calm down the royal guards, saying it was just an accident and there was no harm done. I would take your role; I'd use Memory Hole on either the servant or whatever guard is between Mykaila-chan and the exit, she'll run to me, and I'll lead her off the hill."

"Please, PLEASE tell me any ideas you have about the plan, or if you have a better one. I'm afraid that we're running out of options. Well, non-violent ones, anyway." Skaimos gave a bitter smile. "Who knows, maybe we could pay that elf to kick the Gith in the shins and run away."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:54 am

"There are too many guards for that, I think." Alma gestures out over the crowd. "Any of those guards could come and investigate the fire, leaving ours to guard the girl. I'm sorry, Terai-san but I don't think it's going to work like that." Alma looks at him, and then looks away again, blushing. "If you want, though... I could try to distract one or more of them myself. I'm think I could find a way to persuade them to leave their post, for a few minutes anyway." She glances at him nervously, and then back to the cherry blossoms.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am

"Yes, using Cyrta-san is becoming less and less likely. I had thought that a "sneeze" would cause our guards to at least turn their heads for a moment while Mykaila-chan ran toward me, but maybe ANY sort of fire would be too risky."

"As for your suggestion, I'd appreciate it if you would try. If you can get the gith away, that would be nice, but I'd much prefer that you distract two guards than one in particular. I'll go Send Thoughts to Mykaila-chan now, and see what she knows, including about the guards. I'll then tell you, and then you lead as many guards away as you can. If all goes well, I'll see you at the alley. If not...well, I'll see you in the alley after being chased by a hundred guards." Skaimos smiled.

Skaimos then stepped a bit away from Alma and looked over at Mykaila. Since he was right next to Alma, he was already between the girl and the exit. He then focused on the girl and cast Send Thoughts.

"Don't speak. Don't look around. The spirits have sent us, Mykaila-chan. We're trying to get you out of here and back to your father, but I need your help. I don't know if your servant is friend or foe, and if you know anything about her or the guards, please tell me. Again, don't speak, just "think" back what you want to say."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Mykaila visibly stiffened and thought back, "You'll take me home!? Um, Enis is one of the servants here. She's nice enough but, I don't think she's a friend or a foe? Sorry. I don't know much about the guards. They don't really talk much. I just know I'm supposed to do what they tell me. Li uses a sword and does some kind of psionics, or er sorry, Li is the Githzerai. The Tiefling, Deklan, uses a staff and Thornhill, the Dragonborn, uses a sword. They just hit things pretty much. The Genasi, Temeril, uses a sword too but, he also uses magic with it. Though, I guess he's busy getting drunk. Oh! Did you do that? That was so funny!" Her emotions clearly showed up on her face as she thought back to Skaimos as the servant watched in confusion.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 am

Skaimos smirked. "Yes, that was me. As for Enis-san, here's a question that would make things clearer for me: if you suddenly tried running away from the guards, would Enis-san stop you or alert the guards, or would she let you run?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:29 am

"I don't know, I've never tried to run away before." was Mykaila's mental reply.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 am

Skaimos sighed. "Understood. Sit tight for now. I'll let you know when the time is right."

Skaimos turned to Alma. "Well, I didn't learn much, only that Mykaila-chan now knows we're helping her, and that the gith definitely uses psionics. Oh, and the guards are Deklan the Tiefling, Thornhill the Dragonborne, Li the Gith, and Temeril the Genasi. Li's got psionics, Temeril has magic in his sword (although I think he's not a problem at this point), and Deklan and Thornhill have a staff and a sword, respectively. I'm not sure if that information would be helpful to you, but there it is."

"So, are you still up for this, Lex-Iya-san? Try to lead two of the guards away. If one of them is the gith, fine; if not, oh well. I'll have to risk it with the servant and remaining guard. Hopefully they won't be too much of a hassle. I'll meet you all back at the alley afterwards."

"Be careful, good luck, and...thank you, for all of your help so far."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Alma nods (blushing, of course), and walks over to the guards, slowly.

"Oh, my..." she begins seductively, "can it be? Just when I find myself in a most particular kind of distress, here in front of me are some of the most dashing, most capable men I have come across." She moves very close to the middle, grasping lightly at his clothes. "Would that they see fit to "assist" a poor young lady in distress?" She moves to the right, sensually playing her hand across the second guard's chest. "It's just that I find my self afflicted with a need, and require a helpful, handsome stranger to relieve me of it... or three." She sidesteps again, to the left, pressing herself against the last guard, and whispering into his ear, just barely audible to the other two, "I'm certain we could find a way to make it worth your time... perhaps somewhere a bit less crowded, and more secluded..." Her lips all but brush his ear, before she pulls away, and face the other two again. "After all, it is such intense "distress", and the more to help me out of it, the merrier." She adds a wink and a small shake of the hips as she turns her back to them, maintaining her seductive gaze over her shoulder.

Bar Skank Diplomacy Delta Maneuver! Roll: 19+.....
Edit: Of course I waste my good roll on the insta-fail. Insight: 11, Athletics: 13

Last edited by Bronymous on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:04 pm

You guys are your ridiculously high rolls.... Hmmm, I would probably normally throw a penalty at you for the intensely obvious seduction attempt out of nowhere but, I had a better idea. Roll Insight and then your choice of Athletics or Acrobatics.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:21 am

Yeah, neither of those were high enough. In the future, please make a new post for rolls when I ask for them guys.
According to my dice, Alma gets....Thornhill the Dragonborn.

Thornhill doesn't even blush in response, unlike the other two. He then looks over at Temeril enjoying his drinking contest, looks at his fellow guards, and gives them a grin. The other two shake their heads, clearly having decided that their duty was more important than ill timed hedonism. Thornhill proceeds to scoop Alma up in his arms before she knows what's happening or can successfully resit and carries her off southward to find a secluded spot, as if she weighed no more than a bag of rice.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Skaimos gave a worried look as the Dragonborne picked Alma up and carried her away. Thornhill seemed...enthusiastic. Skaimos hoped Alma would be able to extract herself from the situation. Oh, he knew! He would distract Thornhill by kidnapping the girl and being chased by every single guard here!

Skaimos gave a smile at the thought that soon faded. This was it. Cyrta couldn't do anything without exposure and scrutiny, and nobody else was coming to their aid. It was now or never.

And "never" was a distinct possibility at this point. As of right now, he and his compatriots had done nothing "wrong". But if he went through with this, he'd be possibly hunted down by Iykta and his men, if not the daimyo himself, and risk dishonor on his family to help a complete stranger. He could just cut his losses and walk away...

...And never sleep soundly again. Or maybe worse, find that he could sleep soundly after that.

He sighed and muttered a quiet prayer. "May Ioun bless the plans of the just, and may Avandra favor the bold."

Skaimos started by using a Send Thoughts to Tordek. "I'm starting the extraction now. It's likely I'll get caught, but we've done all we can and can't wait any longer. Get ready for some action."

He then used a Send Thought to Mykaila. "Alright, this is what you will do. Look around until you see me; look towards the western exit. Then keep me in your sight, but don't look straight at me. Position yourself so that you have a clear path toward me around the guards and servant. When you see a flash over my head, run straight toward me. Got it?"

Skaimos decided that he would target Deklan the Tiefling with his Memory Hole. Li would know that something had affected him immediately, and even if Enis was a foe, she would be less of a threat than either of the two guards. As for the spell itself, he would try to reach into Deklan's mind for his mental perception of Mykaila, and then pluck it out like a petal from a flower. This would be different from the original spell, which was like yanking the flower up so it becomes uprooted. The effect wouldn't last as long, but it was less likely to be noticed by Deklan.

He waited until the guards and the servant were looking away from the girl and the western exit, either watching the contest or looking at the cherry blossoms.He took a deep breath, focused, then cast Memory Hole at Deklan as a blue halo flashed over his head.

Well, this is it everyone. Rolling a d20 for Memory Hole...17.

Last edited by Lyntermas on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Skaimos started by using a Send Thoughts to Tordek. "I'm starting the extraction now. It's likely I'll get caught, but we've done all we can and can't wait any longer. Get ready for some action."
"Finally. I was beginning to think I'd never get a chance to swing an axe!"

Tordek continued his drinking.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Mykaila did as instructed and ran to Skaimos, though by the time she reached him Li had noticed her take flight and had begun to give chase. Meanwhile the servant remained still unaware for the moment and Deklan just stared at Li in confusion.

Since I'm assuming you guys didn't do something dumb, Thornhill is already way out of sight and Temeril is facing the other way so he hasn't noticed yet.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm

They had a headstart and only one pursuer (at the moment). Skaimos considered that as good a blessing as any. The trick now was to maintain it.

Skaimos quickly used Forceful Push, which sent a telekinetic shove Li's way, then started running with Mykaila toward the road in the west. As they ran, Skaimos tried to send a emphatic wave toward Li, which would fill his mind with emotions of hopelessness and defeat.

It saws that Forceful Push is a "free action", so I don't think I have to roll for it.
Rolling for Dishearten...10.
Quick question, Ramsus. What's your policy on "daily disciplines"?

I believe that this song is appropriate.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Li is slowed down a bit by the shove but, Skaimos can feel his psionic attack just shatter apart against Li's mental barriers. Even slowed down, Li seems to be keeping pace for now, in part thanks to Mykaila not being able to run quick so fast as an adult. Deklan and the servant now both have what's going on dawn on them from the looks on their faces. For the moment,Temeril remains oblivious as currently does the crowd and the rest of the guards.

Ok, now we begin the first Skill Challenge of the game. As a reminder for how this works, the players roll a skill of their choice and try to beat a DC I've set (but am now showing). They need to get a certain number of successes before a certain number of failures. They can't use the same skill as they used last round and may also not use the same skill as the person before them. I won't be using strict turn order, just please don't game the system so those who are good at Arcana or something never go after each other. Only make one skill check per round (rounds being set after each time I post results for your attempts). I may give bonuses/penalties for how you choose to use your skills (and I might give a bonus just for not doing to same two skill repeatedly).

Right now Skaimos is the only party member in this Skill Challenge. Tordek and Cyrtanthus can join in if they like. The wisdom of that choice is up to their players to decide. I will note, just to be fair, that both are currently a bit drunk. Alma is currently indisposed, we'll deal with her and anyone who chooses not to enter the skill challenge afterwards.

I'm assuming the players' goal on this one is to escape with Mykaila and elude any pursuers. You guys are free to chime in in the OOC thread if you want the goal to be something else (though I'm mainly listening to the opinions of those actually in the skills challenge).

Successes needed to Succeed: 5
Failures needed to Fail: 4
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next