Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 13 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Appkes Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Jaquir went over to the barkeeper, limping from the beating he took.
"Sorry about that poor devil there. I only meant to shoot him in the foreleg, he tried to dodge and caught it in the throat." he sighed, unhappy at the fact if ending another life, and the probability of him getting into serious trouble with authorities was dangerously high.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm

ET, JS, HS:
"I suppose it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I don't know that the town authority will be too pleased, but everypony knows this bunch is trouble. I doubt anypony will question 'self defense'." He takes a long look at the dead pony. "...Maybe. Help yourself, by the way." He motions Smokes over to the bar, much of the contents of which have been smashed or spilled. He walks over, finds an unbroken bottle, and pours a few glasses. Taking a sip, "I suppose we should hurry and get the rest to a doctor. It wouldn't do to have any more of them die in here. Or wake up in here, for that matter. You all right, ma'am?" He turns his attention to Emerald. "You didn't have to put yourself in harm's way like that."

Dodger; SS, SE:
Storm and Star arrive at the clinic just as Dodger approaches from another direction. Inside, the three of you find that most of the foals that had been waiting have either left, or fallen asleep. A single nurse keeps watch at the counter, and frantically waves you over when she spots you. "Thank Cel... thank goodness you're back!" She says in a panicked whisper. "We managed to contain them in the back wards, so they don't disturb the foals, but it's getting hectic back there! They need all available hoofs." She looks over at Dodger. "You! You aren't sick are you?"

Last edited by Bronymous on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 pm

"Injured, I'm afraid. Was attacked by rats while clearing out a building that, apparently, we were supposed to take down."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Injured, I'm afraid. Was attacked by rats while clearing out a building that, apparently, we were supposed to take down."

"I can handle it!" Shooting Star piped up. "Where did they attack you? What hurts the most? Any noticeable fatigue, headaches, nausea...? Anything severely out of the norm or any pre-existing conditions?" It's clear that she's memorized this speech.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Injured, I'm afraid. Was attacked by rats while clearing out a building that, apparently, we were supposed to take down."

"I can handle it!" Shooting Star piped up. "Where did they attack you? What hurts the most? Any noticeable fatigue, headaches, nausea...? Anything severely out of the norm or any pre-existing conditions?" It's clear that she's memorized this speech.
"Mostly bitten around the hooves and neck," explained Dodger. "The neck hurts the most, and being rats, there may be some filth fever."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Mostly bitten around the hooves and neck," explained Dodger. "The neck hurts the most, and being rats, there may be some filth fever."

Star pulled out the first aid kit, carefully examining Dodger's neck, then his hooves.

((Heal Roll(1d20)+7:
18,+7
Total:25))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:07 am

elfowlgirl wrote:
Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Mostly bitten around the hooves and neck," explained Dodger. "The neck hurts the most, and being rats, there may be some filth fever."

Star pulled out the first aid kit, carefully examining Dodger's neck, then his hooves.

((Heal Roll(1d20)+7:
18,+7
Total:25))

Storm lands as Star is examining the pony and assists.

OOC:Examining the pony for injuries.
Roll(1d20)+10:
16,+10
Total:26
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 am

Emerald dry-heaves, coughing, as her apparition fades along with the pressure on her body. "Get... off... me?" She blinked her eyes open. She could only see through one of them, she tried blinking to confirm it. The other must've gotten bruised or something. Overall, not a good situation. The unicorn moved her head slowly, taking in her dizziness. Low magic, too. She'd need to sleep soon, but it wasn't critical aether depletion, she didn't go that far this time. That was good.

She heard a voice... The barkeep? "I think I sprained my hindleg, and my back is in bad shape. I'm pretty sure nothing's broken though... I..." As she tried to get up, she fell back to the hardwood floor. Something snapped in her, her voice cracked.

"I... I'm sorry. I just couldn't let anypony get hurt again. Especially not because of me. I don't want anypony going through that..." She shakes her head, tears beginning to bead in her eyes. "I am so... so sorry. This hurts... It hurts."

Emerald gave a fierce sniffle. "But I'll live. I'm so sorry... I think I need medical attention." She sniffled once more, curling into a fetal position and cradled her hindlegs with her forehooves, keeping weight off of them.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 am

Holy Smokes takes a drink, and then a second. He overhears the mare next time him and calls out, "Hey Jaquir, you ok? I'd prefer not to have to carry this mare all the way back to the Hospital on my own." "And I'm not really welcome there anyway." he adds, mostly to himself.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:05 am

"One second, smokes," Kaquir said sadly, arranging the dead pony's forelegs neatly over their chest, before closing their startled, glassy eyes and getting up to leave. "I think we're going to have to find some doctors who're willing to leave the hospital and come here, because some of these ponies are really bashed up - not to mention really heavy."
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 am

"That's a good point. You're probably the faster of the two of us. You feeling well enough to go fetch them or do you want to take a breather? I'm thinking one of us should stay here and make sure nothing further happens."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:28 am

SE, SS, D:
Heal check: 25 +2 assist= 27
Dodger's wounds are minor, but they definitely need to be cleaned up to avoid infection. The nurse looks you over as well, nervously. "Rat bites... so you still might be sick. If not this mystery plague, then at the very least you might have bilerot or something. We should get you checked out..." She glances at the doors to the wards, which are uncharacteristically closed off. "I don't know if we have the supplies on hand to do that though. Not to mention we'd have to go back there to run the tests."

ET, JS, HS:
The Bartender comes in close and speaks quietly. "Whichever of you goes, at least take her with you." He nods toward Emerald. "She looks to be in pretty bad shape. Get her away from them, see a doctor, calm her down a bit. I didn't go through the trouble of wrecking my bar to have her die of shock." He takes another drink and brings it to Emerald. "Here you go, this should help. Whichever of you two isn't going, meanwhile, can help me tie them up. I'm not letting them pick themselves up and try again while there's only two of us here."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 am

Bronymous wrote:SE, SS, D:
Heal check: 25 +2 assist= 27
Dodger's wounds are minor, but they definitely need to be cleaned up to avoid infection. The nurse looks you over as well, nervously. "Rat bites... so you still might be sick. If not this mystery plague, then at the very least you might have bilerot or something. We should get you checked out..." She glances at the doors to the wards, which are uncharacteristically closed off. "I don't know if we have the supplies on hand to do that though. Not to mention we'd have to go back there to run the tests."

OOC:Hey Bronymous. Who's speaking here? Both Star and Storm were examining Dodger's wounds. Not sure where there this third mystery nurse is from.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Bronymous wrote:Dodger; SS, SE:
Storm and Star arrive at the clinic just as Dodger approaches from another direction. Inside, the three of you find that most of the foals that had been waiting have either left, or fallen asleep. A single nurse keeps watch at the counter, and frantically waves you over when she spots you. "Thank Cel... thank goodness you're back!" She says in a panicked whisper. "We managed to contain them in the back wards, so they don't disturb the foals, but it's getting hectic back there! They need all available hoofs." She looks over at Dodger. "You! You aren't sick are you?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Storm rubs his head with his hooves "Okay, lets get you inside and see if we can't find some disinfectant."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:41 pm

"Certainly. Oh, and while I'm here..." Dodger pulls out the vial of strange white liquid he obtained from the hideout. "You wouldn't happen to know what this is, would you?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

"I'll get over to the hospital then and bring one back for the rest of these thugs," he said, absently kicking a comatose Pegasus.
Jaquir, limping slightly, headed up the street to find the Hospital, before, after a few turns, ducking into an alleyway and stowing his costume and bow in a niche behind a bin. He, wincing slightly did the same with his distinctive metal wing, then put an eyepatch on, and, almost unrecognisable, continued on his way to the Hospital.

Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Holy Smokes helped tie up the thugs and then helped himself to a third drink.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm

SE, SS, D:
Off the top of your heads, none of you (other nurse included) can tell what the white liquid is. "I suppose we can attempt to have it analyzed at some point." She offers, and then walks over tot he closed doors. "For now, if you want to get cleaned up, there should be an empty exam room down the hall, first door past the nurse's station on your left. It should have some bandages and disinfectants, antibiotics, whatever you need. Move quickly, though, and try not to disturb any of the patients, if you see them. They're... a bit unruly at the moment." She slides a bolt out of place and opens the door for you. "If you want to try and help out while you're here, just head farther in and speak to someone, they can direct you."

Jaquir:
Your walk is uneventful, if a little pained. It takes a bit longer this time around to get where you need to go.

HS, ET:
The bartender finishes tying up the griffon and turns to Emerald, who is still immobile. "Sandy!" He calls out, eliciting an "eep" from behind the bar. A shy looking mare pokes her head out, apparently having been there the whole time. "Sandy, see if you can help her up to one of the rooms, have her lie down and rest for a bit." Sandy nods and goes over to help Emerald to her hooves. meanwhile, the Bartender goes back tot he bar and grabs another drink. "I take it you're friends with that Jaquir guy, by the way you decided to jump in and help. I may as well offer you the same I did him. Free drinks- which I see you plan to take advantage of- and free room, if you need one. You got a name?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:11 pm

"I don't know about 'friends'. I saw some thugs attacking honest ponies and just did what anypony should do. The names' Holy Smokes. A traveling priest is never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I'll take you up on your offer, though I think three drinks for the evening should about do it, thanks. Everything in moderation right?" Holy Smokes says. Then he pulls out another cigarette and lights it up with a flick of his hoof and proceeds to wait for Jaquir to get back.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:17 pm

"Many thanks," said Dodger with a smile and a nod.

Dodger moved with surprising speed into the first room past the nurse's station.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

"Really spry for an injured pony." Storm watched as Dodger ran past him to the next room. "May as well follow him." Storm followed after Dodger.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Star nodded and continued after the duo.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Emerald nodded vaguely at Sandy's approach. The unicorn was conscious, just not in good shape. She may have seemed a bit out of it to the outside world, because she was trying to once again tame her panic attack. 'Everything in order. I am in control of my life. Life gives you lemons, you burn life's house down! No, no... Make lemonade. Sweet, refreshing lemonade. I'm past it. Not the old life. I'm only injured physically, my mind is my paradigm and glory, and nopony can touch that temple. The ponies here are nice. The bad ones are taken care of. No problems.'

The showmare lifts herself with a bit of assistance, wincing, and decides to use some of her dwindling magic to ponykinetically hold her back hooves straight, putting up a semblance of not being completely hopeless. Moments like these made her really glad she wasn't a pegasus. An earth pony wouldn't have been so easily hurt in the first place though, lucky sods. Her eyes were closed as she was led away by the waitress, not risking seeing sudden movement and losing her lunch. 'Control. Just like it was taught. Breathe in, 2, 3. Breathe out, 2, 3... Should've taken the drink.'
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Jaquir walked into the hospital hurriedly, went up to the nearest pony who looked competent and not overworked, and said urgently to them:
"There's been a huge fight at the Salt Lick tavern, a mare's in shock and there are badly hurt ponies!" He refrained from mentioning the death, as that would escalate things too early.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next