Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

+6
A1C Bronymous
Doc pseudopolis
RavenscroftRaven
Appkes
tygerburningbright
Masterweaver
10 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players) - Page 3 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

Post  Masterweaver Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 am

Yeah, I'm trying to railroad the "Never split the party" theme... at least for now.

Should I have said that?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players) - Page 3 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations OOC (needs no more players)

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 am

No you should've given us a link to that lovely little song. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 am

You obviously are unaware of how I operate. You gave us 4 objectives, two of which were determined priority. We have 6 people. Given Flashpoint's experience, delegation and asset distribution to attempt to accomplish both goals simultaneous, especially given the low risk involved, splitting is the obvious choice.

Edit: And I'm glad you got the reference, but I was actually going with a themed derivative: Pegasus on Ground. As in, any Pegasus who works basic guard/police work type jobs, instead of patrolling the skies.

Essentially the same thing.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 am

Brony: Since nothing was said aloud, it doesn't matter too much just yet. Nomenclature change noted, and R.S. will refer to them as "airheads" instead of "grunting grunts" in the future. Laughing

Weaver: Thank you for your candor. I tried to give you an out to order a railroad in-text.

And yeah, splitting into three groups is the most logical here, of 2 command - 1 overwatch - 3 search for Scootaloo, but we can break into OOC a little bit and fix it.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Was that an assist check, or..?

I should really learn everyone else's names at some point.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi, I'm Ravenscroft Raven. I've included the names of my characters in my sig for your convenience.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Yeah, yeah, you play Ermagherd Trench and Rublesomething. I got it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Always glad to help a friendly face!

...Getting names wrong in-game is going to be a thing, isn't it? Charity is going to be so mad at us when we manage to forget our target's name 30 seconds after we leave the base.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:48 am

Its ok. If it was up to me, we'd be going after Sweaty Belt instead of Scuba Tune.

Looks Like Lyra's going to be fun to deal with.

Edit: Seriously, whats the deal with this trained bonus to perception because of the minotaur. Do I get it, even though I'm already trained? Do we all get it even when the party is separate? Same goes for whatever that Baby Dragon +1 thing was that he mentioned.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Baby Dragons grant a +1 morale bonus to everyone friendly within sight range of them. We on the ground are no longer in sight range, and therefore useless.

Minotaurs: "satisfaction guaranteed" states you are treated as trained, not that you get +3, so if you're already trained, you already know what the minotaur is helping out with, no bonus.

Least that's my interpretation.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Aha, but I am in the air, keeping line of sight open. So +1 to me. And if people already trained don't get the bonus, then that's something to be mentioned beforehand, so that I could have picked another skill to train.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 pm

The minotaur can choose which skill he gives training in each day, so picking one that already exists isn't a penalty. Chain may pick something else tomorrow, then you'd want to change back. And besides, it would be the height of metagaming, and you're not an earth pony. Smile

Ruby is trained in Perception as well, because it makes sense for guardponies to be trained in it.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Oh, well when its explained like that, now it makes more sense. I thought it was some kind of Minotaur Racial that all party members get perception training.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

So, between NMM, Discord, the invasion, winning the BYF comp, and performing 2 Rainbooms in recent memory (3 career total), can we assume that Rainbow Dash (if not all of the mane 6) is relatively well known?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Well you'd have to roll for Streetwise!
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 pm

I'mma just do that now since it will inevitably come up:

Rolling for knowledge of that group of brats known as the Elements of Harmony that keep showing up the good and noble Royal Guard and which one of whom competes for the affections of Shining Armor!
roll:

...It'd be 25 for Twilight, 20 for the rest of them as they're not as deeply related to the royal guards (Freaky Knowledge).
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Well I already did, but yours is better. I'm pretty certain I don't need to roll to know who Shining Armor is, though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

No actually, you do. NEW RULE! You must roll streetwise to identify any pony, even canon ones. This easily explains why all those nobles had no idea who RD is, they all failed their rolls EPICALLY.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Hold on, Identify, or just know of them? There's a difference- Identifying means knowing who they are when meeting them, seeing them, seeing a picture of them, etc. Knowing of them would be "Oh hey, did you hear about those ponies that stopped Discord?" "Oh, yeah, I know of them."

And also, Roll to see if I know the toolbelt Shining Armor: 13+7+25("because I wrote backstory that's why lol" bonus)= I know the toolbelt Shining Armor lol!
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:07 pm

...Armor is nowhere on the scene.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Preemptive then.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:38 pm

I think it's reasonable to say that it is a DC 0 check for the guards to identify the guard captain, only a crit fail would fail it. The key is the others. Again, the DC for recognizing Twilight would be lower for us since we're both tied with Shining and can assume we've seen her at least once. But I don't think they like the limelight, or they'd brag about it a lot more. (Or maybe passage of information is absolutely terrible).

Rainbow though? Who cares, she's a nopony. Twisted Evil

Also, we're so screwed. Laughing We are the finest Canterlot has to offer... So I think Equestria is doomed.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:04 pm

I think Equestria's doomedness was a given with the fact they trunned a STAGE MAGICIAN INTO A "COP"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Not helped any by the fact that a draft dodger gave his papers to Ember AND THEY STILL ACCEPTED HER.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Or that they hired an earth pony whose only talent is "hammers".
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next