Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
The Warrior of Many Faces
Quietkal
Cardbo
7 posters

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 18 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Kal reaches Gold Coin's place without much incident, although he does get several curious glances for those still not used to seeing a griffon in Dodge.

Concierge is still behind the desk. "Can I help you, sir?" he asks, unfazed by the griffon.

Dextor comes down the stairs in his tux and top hat. "I'm ready!"

"Sharp! Okay. Everyone ready to go?" Cheese looks around.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Kal reaches Gold Coin's place without much incident, although he does get several curious glances for those still not used to seeing a griffon in Dodge.

Concierge is still behind the desk. "Can I help you, sir?" he asks, unfazed by the griffon.

Dextor comes down the stairs in his tux and top hat. "I'm ready!"

"Sharp! Okay. Everyone ready to go?" Cheese looks around.

Dextor snaps a sloppy salute. "Ready and willing, sir!" he says with an affected Hooflish accent.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

"As mentioned earlier, ready to go."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:16 pm

"I would go so far as to say it is go time, is how ready I am."

"Careful, Kal. Don't want you gettin' yourself beat up and all alone again."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Sharp! Okay. Everyone ready to go?" Cheese looks around.
"Too right bro! Let's go have a gander at that orchard"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:24 pm

"Alright, lets be off." Cheese starts heading for the door of the Mareiot.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Zebulon follows, sticking close to Cheese.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Cardbo wrote:"Alright, lets be off." Cheese starts heading for the door of the Mareiot.

Dextor rushes ahead of Cheese to get the door, struggling slightly with the door that was twice his height. "Allow me, sir," he says as he finally gets the door open, still with that accent.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:39 pm

OOC:Awesome.

Dextor rushes ahead of Cheese to get the door, struggling slightly with the door that was twice his height. "Allow me, sir," he says as he finally gets the door open, still with that accent.

On the way through the door. Cheese whispers to Dextor. "Good thinking"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Awesome.

On the way through the door. Cheese whispers to Dextor. "Good thinking"

Beaming, Dextor continues to hold the door open for the rest of the party.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Brittle follows.
To Dextor:
"Don't mind if I do. Thanks mate."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 pm

kajisora wrote:Brittle follows.
To Dextor:
"Don't mind if I do. Thanks mate."

"You are quite welcome, sir," Dextor replies.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 pm

"You still owe me for that stunt with the rooms, you rascal," Barabus laughed as he walked through the door.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Appkes wrote:"You still owe me for that stunt with the rooms, you rascal," Barabus laughed as he walked through the door.

Dextor inclines his head. "Of course, sir."

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge's eyebrow raises sharply. "Surely you can understand that I'm not about to let just anycreature see him, not after he was beaten so thoroughly. In fact, it's somewhat suspicious that you even know he's here."
Can't exactly reveal that I'm a night agent. Can't even prove that, not without the minotaur here. But I certainly can't let Looker stay on my conscience, especially when I caused his condition with some careless tripping.
Kal nods grimly before speaking, concern edging into his voice. "A fair point, and...I'm afraid I can't tell you much about that. But...he is going to be fine, isn't he?"

Concierge nods, still suspicious, but less so now that he's no longer demanding entry. "He'll be fine. Just needs time to recover." He sighs. "The hard part will be getting him to rest while he heals. He keeps insisting that he needs to go investigate."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge nods, still suspicious, but less so now that he's no longer demanding entry. "He'll be fine. Just needs time to recover." He sighs. "The hard part will be getting him to rest while he heals. He keeps insisting that he needs to go investigate."
Kal breathes a sigh of relief and chuckles lightly. "That sounds like him. If you would want to tell him that the group we ran into was Wrecker and his crew, he'd be interested in knowing that." Kal thinks for a second. "Come to think of it, you might know a bit about that. Were they...under your employ? Well, you or Gold Coin's."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge nods, still suspicious, but less so now that he's no longer demanding entry. "He'll be fine. Just needs time to recover." He sighs. "The hard part will be getting him to rest while he heals. He keeps insisting that he needs to go investigate."
Kal breathes a sigh of relief and chuckles lightly. "That sounds like him. If you would want to tell him that the group we ran into was Wrecker and his crew, he'd be interested in knowing that." Kal thinks for a second. "Come to think of it, you might know a bit about that. Were they...under your employ? Well, you or Gold Coin's."

Concierge shakes his head violently. "Heavens no! We make it a habit not to hire thugs like them. They're unreliable, stupid, and most importantly, completely lacking in morals."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge shakes his head violently. "Heavens no! We make it a habit not to hire thugs like them. They're unreliable, stupid, and most importantly, completely lacking in morals."
Kal cocks his head a bit. "Then you have no idea why they were in Gold Coin's mine?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge shakes his head violently. "Heavens no! We make it a habit not to hire thugs like them. They're unreliable, stupid, and most importantly, completely lacking in morals."
Kal cocks his head a bit. "Then you have no idea why they were in Gold Coin's mine?"

"No idea, although their presence doesn't seem very good for any of the guards we actually had there," Concierge sighs.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"No idea, although their presence doesn't seem very good for any of the guards we actually had there," Concierge sighs.
"Sorry to tell you this, but I didn't see any guards. Looker and I followed one of their crew into the mines and they're the only ponies we met on the way. If your guards turned coat and are working with Wrecker, they're in the jail with his crew currently."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"No idea, although their presence doesn't seem very good for any of the guards we actually had there," Concierge sighs.
"Sorry to tell you this, but I didn't see any guards. Looker and I followed one of their crew into the mines and they're the only ponies we met on the way. If your guards turned coat and are working with Wrecker, they're in the jail with his crew currently."

Concierge looks surprised. "Why do you assume they turned? I had simply assumed those brutes had... errr... well, killed them."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge looks surprised. "Why do you assume they turned? I had simply assumed those brutes had... errr... well, killed them."
"That's...also possible. Wrecker's group seemed comfortable, like they had been meeting in the mine for some time, and I assumed that the guards reported to you periodically, letting you or someone else know that nothing unusual happened through the night. Since you were surprised that the guards were missing, I assumed that you'd been receiving reports from them, saying that things were fine."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Concierge looks surprised. "Why do you assume they turned? I had simply assumed those brutes had... errr... well, killed them."
"That's...also possible. Wrecker's group seemed comfortable, like they had been meeting in the mine for some time, and I assumed that the guards reported to you periodically, letting you or someone else know that nothing unusual happened through the night. Since you were surprised that the guards were missing, I assumed that you'd been receiving reports from them, saying that things were fine."

"Well, I have been getting the reports..." Concierge frowns. "Hmm. I'll have to look into this. The ponies we hired were known for their inability to be counterbought, though..."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Well, I have been getting the reports..." Concierge frowns. "Hmm. I'll have to look into this. The ponies we hired were known for their inability to be counterbought, though..."
Kal shrugs. "Sorry, just calling it like I see it. As I said yesterday I'm a reporter, so if I find out anything else I'll let you know. I...uh...I'd like to keep checking on Looker, if that's not a problem for you." Kal pauses for another moment. "You wouldn't know why Wrecker and co would be going into Coin's mine, would you?"
((Perception on his response: 27 (17+10) ))
((Perception is for lying, hiding information, that sort of thing.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 am

Quietkal wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Well, I have been getting the reports..." Concierge frowns. "Hmm. I'll have to look into this. The ponies we hired were known for their inability to be counterbought, though..."
Kal shrugs. "Sorry, just calling it like I see it. As I said yesterday I'm a reporter, so if I find out anything else I'll let you know. I...uh...I'd like to keep checking on Looker, if that's not a problem for you." Kal pauses for another moment. "You wouldn't know why Wrecker and co would be going into Coin's mine, would you?"
((Perception on his response: 27 (17+10) ))
((Perception is for lying, hiding information, that sort of thing.))

"You can check on him, but no personal visits," Concierge says. "As to why... well, I honestly have no idea. it's not like there's anything useful in there."

He's got a good poker face, but Kal notices for a very brief instant a flicker of uneasiness on his face.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:15 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"You can check on him, but no personal visits," Concierge says. "As to why... well, I honestly have no idea. it's not like there's anything useful in there."

He's got a good poker face, but Kal notices for a very brief instant a flicker of uneasiness on his face.
Kal looks skeptically at the butler pony, eyebrow raised, but decides not to press on and coughs, setting his face back to a genial expression. "Alright, thank you, that's very kind. Have a good day."
Unless Concierge says something to stop Kal, he'll proceed out the door and start heading towards Cherry Jubilee's ranch. Seems Gold Coin does indeed know about something deep in the mines, and a lot of ponies want it.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 35  Next