Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
The Warrior of Many Faces
Quietkal
Cardbo
7 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 26 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Cardbo wrote:

OOC:What does Cheese know about Cherry Jubilee's business model? Is she selling just cherries and cherry-based products, or is she selling something like company shares. Rights to advertising and distribution? Etc.
Rolling history(17) + FK(5) + Dextor(1)
Roll(1d20)+23:
4,+23
Total:27

She's recently begun selling company shares, but she's not selling rights to advertisement or anything like that. Just cherry products and company stock.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 pm

OOC:Whats Cheese's impression of Cherry Jubilee herself? Would she be capable of being the vigilante?
Perception (7) + FK(5) + FK(5) + AoaT(1) + Dextor(1)
Roll(1d20)+19:
19,+19
Total:38
Chaching! Critical success!

OOC:Not sure if I need to roll for this, but would it be standard practice to ask her for a Prospectus? Would it be reasonable to believe she's have one available?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Cardbo wrote: OOC:Whats Cheese's impression of Cherry Jubilee herself? Would she be capable of being the vigilante?
Perception (7) + FK(5) + FK(5) + AoaT(1) + Dextor(1)
Roll(1d20)+19:
19,+19
Total:38
Chaching! Critical success!

OOC:Not sure if I need to roll for this, but would it be standard practice to ask her for a Prospectus? Would it be reasonable to believe she's have one available?

Cherry Jubilee's very physically fit, so physically speaking she could be it. However, her body language suggests that her good shape is due to working on the farm with her workers, rather than being because she's capturing criminals. As a whole, Cheese doesn't think that Jubilee is the vigilante.

As for the Prospectus, no need to roll: Cheese is fairly sure Jubilee would give him one if he asked, given Wheel Well's general success.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Cheese raises his hoof.

"I understand you've recently begun selling shares. I take it your raising capital to expand your operations? Would you happen to have a prospectus available?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Cardbo wrote:Cheese raises his hoof.

"I understand you've recently begun selling shares. I take it your raising capital to expand your operations? Would you happen to have a prospectus available?"

Cherry Jubilee smiles again. "You're from Wheel Mercantile, am I right? Yes, we have begun selling shares, and you may certainly have a prospectus." She raises her voice. "Serendipity, could you please grab a prospectus for this fine gentlecolt?"

The familiar voice of the guide rings out from the break room. "Hold on, I need to finish my freaking drink first!"

Jubilee turns back to Cheese with an amused grin. "She'll be along with it shortly."

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Zebulon is thankful for his glasses covering his eyes as he tries not to look like he's staring at Cherry Jubilee, wondering what the connection between her and the arcane conconction that is apparently part of her.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm

[quote="The Warrior of Many Faces"]
Cardbo wrote:
The familiar voice of the guide rings out from the break room. "Hold on, I need to finish my freaking drink first!"

Jubilee turns back to Cheese with an amused grin. "She'll be along with it shortly."

"No worries. I think she's earned it."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Kal raises a claw in an attempt to get Jubilee's attention before pulling out the notepad and pencil.
"Miss Jubilee? Hi, Kalvin, reporter for Psychotics Monthly. What is your response to recent claims that your largest tree can think for itself?"
This story is right up Inky's aisle......wait a minute...Inky doesn't exist. Welp, I've already started down this path, gotta see it through now.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 pm

"Psychotics... what?" Jubilee asks, appearing to be geniunely confused. "And what claims? I've certainly never heard anything about that..."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Psychotics... what?" Jubilee asks, appearing to be geniunely confused. "And what claims? I've certainly never heard anything about that..."
Kal scribbles down her response before responding.
"Psychotics Monthly. We're an up-and-coming magazine in Canterlot who specialize in things no one's ever heard of. And I'm not surprised you haven't heard the claims, they only came about within the last half-hour or so."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Quietkal wrote:
Kal scribbles down her response before responding.
"Psychotics Monthly. We're an up-and-coming magazine in Canterlot who specialize in things no one's ever heard of. And I'm not surprised you haven't heard the claims, they only came about within the last half-hour or so."

"Wha.. the... what?" Jubilee stutters.

About then, Serendipity comes back with the prospectus and hands it to Cheese. "There you go, sir."

"Serendipity, would you do me a favor and prepare a drink for me?" Jubilee requests. "I think I'm going to need it."

"I know the feeling," Serendipity says emphatically as she trots into Jubilee's office.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Kal writes down Cherry's continued surprise before shrugging. "Sorry, thought I might follow-up a point. I doubt this'll get spread much anyways. But that's a 'no, our tree can't think,' ?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Quietkal wrote:Kal writes down Cherry's continued surprise before shrugging. "Sorry, thought I might follow-up a point. I doubt this'll get spread much anyways. But that's a 'no, our tree can't think,' ?"

"Not... that I'm... aware of? I guess?" Jubilee shrugs.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Satisfied with this, Kal puts away the notepad and pencil with a smile. "That's...all the questions I had."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Shrugging his wings up and down a few times, Blackhawk separated a short distance from the rest of the group before turning away slightly, hopefully to nopony's notice. There he took a deep breath, while simultaneously attempting to make it look like he was inspecting a nearby tree. "Place is killin' me," the hippogriff thought, skritching his talons against the ground. "We're finally outside again and I still can't fly without lookin' suspicious, not to mention all these ponies are so close together...what's a colt...half a colt, I guess, gotta do to get some time to himself around this place?" He chuckled bitterly, fully aware of the irony of wanting to fly off on his own even though he had been such a vocal supporter of not separating the group earlier. "Figures. Yesterday, get too much air, today gotta balance things out, righ-"

His own train of thought derailed itself as an idea occurred to Blackhawk. Casually, he drew the bottle of Wheel Mercantile Gear Grease, pulling the cork out audibly. A quick and falsely-hidden "swig" and Blackhawk put the cork back in. "Now...to listen. Not my strong suit, but eh, what're you gonna do?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Stealth to be off by himself without anypony noticing: 9 + 8(bonus) + 1((Dextor) = 18. Okay.
Stealth(Persuasion?) to fake the swig: 10 + 8(bonus, doesn't matter either way because both are same) + 1(Dextor) =19. Technically better. Grumble.
Perception to smell: 11 + 8(bonus) + 1(Dextor) = 20. I swear if the next one is 21...
Perception for texture: 7 + 8 (bonus) + 1(Dextor) = 16. Maybe I should have hoped for 21 instead.[/spoiler]

[All correct. So:

Stealth 1: PCs wishing to notice need to beat his Stealth with Perception. In general, however, most of the NPCs aren't paying attention to Blackhawk in favor of wondering at the lunacy of his party members.

Stealth 2: See above, although Top Banana gives Blackhawk a knowing smirk, probably thinking that he's sneaking cider or something.

Perception (Smell): Blackhawk gets a greasy and oily smell, although he can't quite figure out what it is exactly. He's pretty sure it's not potable, though.

Perception (Texture): Hard to tell without pouring any out, but it looks a little oily.]
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:40 am

Cheese partakes of the proffered prospectus and peruses its paragraphs.

OOC: Perception check to read the prospectus
Roll(1d20)+9:
19,+9
Total:28
Neat! Critical again.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:44 am

Given that the Faust has only the slightest idea as to what's supposed to be on the prospectus, suffice it to say that Cheese sees that Jubilee CherryCorp is doing very well indeed and is continuing to do so. (Assuming there's more info you want that'd be in the document, let me know and it'll still be covered by that Nat 20.)
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 am

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Given that the Faust has only the slightest idea as to what's supposed to be on the prospectus, suffice it to say that Cheese sees that Jubilee CherryCorp is doing very well indeed and is continuing to do so. (Assuming there's more info you want that'd be in the document, let me know and it'll still be covered by that Nat 20.)

What are their expansion plans? Also any weird things like their declaring that their doing well, but their actions would indicate otherwise.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 am

Cardbo wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Given that the Faust has only the slightest idea as to what's supposed to be on the prospectus, suffice it to say that Cheese sees that Jubilee CherryCorp is doing very well indeed and is continuing to do so. (Assuming there's more info you want that'd be in the document, let me know and it'll still be covered by that Nat 20.)

What are their expansion plans? Also any weird things like their declaring that their doing well, but their actions would indicate otherwise.

Mostly expanding into scent-based products: perfumes, shampoo, soap, etc. Their actions are completely consistent with their declarations.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:27 am

Blackhawk walked back to the group as casually as possible, looking over his "boss's" shoulder. He didn't have to fake his disinterest in what was on the paper. After a brief moment, he turned to Jubilee. "Hey, uh," he began, scratching the feathers upon his neck a moment, "Miss Jubilee. I was wonderin' if I might ask ya somethin' more personal than details on your business." He smirked. "Nothin' too personal of course. Just, you know, curious. For boss's sake."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 am

"Ask away," Jubilee replies cautiously, apparently expecting more madness from the look on her face.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 am

"Alrighty then," Blackhawk shrugged as nonchalantly as possible. His air seemed casual, as if he was attempting to push aside doubts. "So...what is your background, dare I ask? How did young miss Jubilee grow into the modern-day mare and head of a sand cherry empire that she is?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 am

Relieved at this normal question, Jubilee smiles and says, "Well, I was traveling the world, searching for my destiny. I was a bit of a... late bloomer, you might say." She subconsciously glances at her Cutie Mark. "Anyway, I arrived here quite by accident with my faithful friend, Serendipity. We had gotten... errr, rather lost. Somehow we wound up here without remembering anything from the past month or so... I still haven't quite figured out what happened there..."

Shaking her head, she continued, "In any event, we stuck around for a bit to recover, and one day I happened to drop a cherry pit on the ground as I was eating one. You see, I've always loved their taste, so I always made sure to have a large supply on hoof. Apparently even when I've gotten amnesia." She laughed slightly at her joke, then continued.

"Anyway, I was lazy, didn't bother to pick it up. The next day, it had grown into a sapling already. I was interested, so I started caring for it, and whaddaya know, it was producing cherries only three days later! And then I had an epiphany: the only thing better than eating cherries would be to grow so many that everypony could eat them. Then..." Another glance at her Cutie Mark. "Well, I started planting all my cherry pits, started selling the fruit, and the rest is history."

She then glances at Blackhawk. "You do know your cherry varieties, don't you? That's not the sort we grow around here, that's more the purview of other cherry orchards, but I'm still impressed. Where'd you learn about that?" She sounds geniunely curious.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:20 am

"Worked as a buscolt in Canterlot for a little while there," Blackhawk nodded, a touch more soberly than normal, not that those not close to him (emotionally, not physically) could tell. "We used 'em in the drinks sometimes." Attempting to veer off-subject as fast as he could, and that was pretty fast, he continued. "That's a very interesting story," he smiled. "Careful now...wrong impression and you won't be able to give her the gift later. You're a friendly griff, right, colt? Just let that come through and give her the best impression you can. Sane, if possible." "Somewhat back into business, does your company give back into the community in any way?"

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next