Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
The Warrior of Many Faces
Quietkal
Cardbo
7 posters

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 25 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  Quietkal Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:19 pm

A for Appkes wrote:"That's not such a hot idea. Drop a crate of them and whoosh! Like dumping a bag of marbles.
Kal looks skeptically at the Minotaur, but decides not to comment.
((What's the rest of the tour group doing? Perception: 17 (7+10) ))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:23 pm

A for Appkes wrote:"That's not such a hot idea. Drop a crate of them and whoosh! Like dumping a bag of marbles.
"That just means your crate isn't sturdy enough. Think how well they could keep stuff from moving around"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:10 am

"Or maybe use the pits as a concealed weapon. They are poisonous you know." Cheese mimics blowing the seeds out of a dart gun.

"Pew, pew!"

Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am

Cardbo wrote:"Or maybe use the pits as a concealed weapon. They are poisonous you know." Cheese mimics blowing the seeds out of a dart gun.
"Pew, pew!"
"I thought it was just the insides that were poison? Or was that peaches? hmmm, maybe if you file them into a point..."
((Are we TRYING to aggravate the guide? I'm honestly not sure anymore. The poor mare...))
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:43 pm

kajisora wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"Or maybe use the pits as a concealed weapon. They are poisonous you know." Cheese mimics blowing the seeds out of a dart gun.
"Pew, pew!"
"I thought it was just the insides that were poison? Or was that peaches? hmmm, maybe if you file them into a point..."
((Are we TRYING to aggravate the guide? I'm honestly not sure anymore. The poor mare...))

"Well yes, but you can probably remove the outer layer with a bit of applied chemistry. I'm sure the lab colts will figure something out.*"

*OOC:Think I just channeled Cave Johnson there.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

"ohh, nice one...."
Brittle takes out his reference booklet, looking for any way to dissolve wood, or woodlike materials.
Maybe something in the section on acids and bases....
((roll: huh.. what would chemistry knowledge fall under? Could see it going under Arcana(general pony science), mechanics(general physical sciences), history...
Meh, I'm looking up information. Perception))
Spoiler:
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Barabus decided that due to the constant interruptions, ignorings, and irritation they'd al been throwing at the guide, they would probbably crack soon. He made the decision to head things off before things got worse, and said quietly to them;
"Don't worry about them - they're always like this. Just ignore them if you like, and keep the tour going. I must say, you've done wonderfully throughout the tour - I've learned so much!"
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Behind him, and in plain view of the guide, Blackhawk rolled his eyes as exaggeratedly as possible.

He hoped no one was noticing he was breathing slightly heavier than usual. "Just me or issit startin' to get crowded in here?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Quietkal wrote:((What's the rest of the tour group doing? Perception: 17 (7+10) ))

At this point, they're pretty much all staring at the party, either weirded out, annoyed, or in the case of Top Banana, trying to smother his laughter. Notable exceptions are Fruited Wine, who's got his hooves over his ears and eyes screwed shut, as well as Suited Success, who looks rather like he's wishing he had the tabloids back instead of this madness.

kajisora wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh drat. I know next to nothing about chemistry... so I'll make something up and call it magic! :twilightcrazy:

While Brittle doesn't see anything of the sort that wouldn't dissolve the whole pit, he does notice something in the theoretical section of his reference guide: scientists are experimenting with reversing the magical polarity of an acid to make it so that the more durable things dissolve before less durable things.

AppkesGelatinousCubeBait wrote:Barabus decided that due to the constant interruptions, ignorings, and irritation they'd al been throwing at the guide, they would probbably crack soon. He made the decision to head things off before things got worse, and said quietly to them;
"Don't worry about them - they're always like this. Just ignore them if you like, and keep the tour going. I must say, you've done wonderfully throughout the tour - I've learned so much!"

Barabus's interruption was well-timed; the guide had previously looked like she was about to start yelling. "Thank you for being sane," she tells Barabus wearily, "but don't take it personally when I say that I sincerely hope I don't see you here again." She shakes her head. "Moving on..."

Top Banana raises his hoof. "I seem to recall something about free samples..."

The guide sighs. "Runner! Grab the sample tray!" A young pegasus salutes, then dashes into the back room, emerging a moment later with a tray that contains a small sample of each of the baked goods that could be seen at their stall, as well as a bowl full of cherries, both red and yellow.

"Take one and pass it along, please!" he chirps happily as he moves among the guests.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Zebulon, as the trey comes around to him, picks up a sample bottle of cherry air freshener and realizes that he probably shouldn't eat that.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Cheese looks at the number of samples on the plate combined with the number of ponies in attendance. Sadly, he only takes one cherrychonga.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:06 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:While Brittle doesn't see anything of the sort that wouldn't dissolve the whole pit, he does notice something in the theoretical section of his reference guide: scientists are experimenting with reversing the magical polarity of an acid to make it so that the more durable things dissolve before less durable things.
((does that include any instructions on how that process is performed? ))
Stuffing his booklet back in his vest with a sheepish grin, Brittle takes one chimicherry off the plate and passes it on
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Barabus declines a sample and passes the tray to Top Bannana
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:12 am

Despite the conversation being over, an concept he noticed in the book was tugging at his attention.
Changing the effects of an acid.....Dissolving high density materials faster...Can't just mess around with the chemical structure, you'd just get a base...
Spoiler:

((OOC: Sorry if Brittle seems to know too much: the above is actually pretty much his entire grasp of chemistry. Just about high-school level theory on stuff like acids, as they're used in etching metals.))
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 pm

The complete magical theory is a bit beyond Brittle, but the general theory is to use an infallible reversal spell somewhat based on the magical properties of Poison Joke. The big key to the whole thing would be figuring out how to make the desired reversal rather than just turning it into a base or making it no longer exist.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:27 pm

....nope, can't seem to figure it out. And here I was looking forward to never having to peel a walnut again. Maybe another time.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Standing next to him, Blackhawk suddenly had the strangest urge to peel and eat a walnut.

This was the second-strangest urge that had struck Blackhawk all day, and much more importantly was an excellent distraction from the fact that the flyer felt like he was going to go crazy if he spent another second playing silent bodyguard on the tour.

Crazier, perhaps.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Once everypony's taken something from the tray, the pegasus takes the tray back to the back room. Meanwhile, the guide starts walking outside and says, "Alright! Now it's time for the final part of our tour, in which you get to meet Miss Jubilee for yourself! Follow me, everypony!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Cheese follows after the guide.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Zebulon follows Cheese, quite ready for this silliness to be done with so they don't alert this strange pony who is somehow an alcohol-based dessert that they think she is a vigilante.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Blackhawk, of course, also silently follows behind. "Least we're movin' again..."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 am

Kal tosses a cherry into the air, catches it with his beak, and follows the group while attempting to distance himself somewhat from Cheese and the others. A small smile and an acknowledging nod meet any stares as he does so.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am

Brittle follows the rest of the group.
((Perception check on Blackhawk: Do I notice his nervousness?))
Spoiler:
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 pm

kajisora wrote:Brittle follows the rest of the group.
((Perception check on Blackhawk: Do I notice his nervousness?))
Spoiler:

Indeed, Brittle isn't aware of Blackhawk's nervousness.

The group eventually reaches a grander building than before, obviously built to look pretty, rather than be ugly but practical. Nonetheless, it's still obviously made of wood; it's just polished and painted red.

The guide leads them inside, where Cherry Jubilee is there to greet them with an inviting smile.

"I'm not one for speeches," she begins.

"Thank goodness for that," the guide mutters.

"So if you're here for that, best go back to Manehatten," she continues, apparently ignoring the guide but smiling slightly. "What we have here is the facts, plain and simple. And the fact is that we're worth buying from. We've been consistently outperforming every other cherry manufacturer in Equestria with our fantastic quality and relatively low prices. Our cherries are the best, and we make it affordable for nearly everypony. We're very successful, fillies and gentlecolts. Best get on the Jubilee train and reap the profits with us."

"Thank you."

Cherry Jubilee then steps back as the guide steps forward. "Cherry Jubilee will now take half an hour to answer any further questions you have." She then trots into an employee break room. "I need a freaking drink," she mutters.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:52 pm

OOC:What does Cheese know about Cherry Jubilee's business model? Is she selling just cherries and cherry-based products, or is she selling something like company shares. Rights to advertising and distribution? Etc.
Rolling history(17) + FK(5) + Dextor(1)
Roll(1d20)+23:
4,+23
Total:27
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down