Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

+7
elfowlgirl
A1C Bronymous
Quietkal
Brony 7 of 9
Ramsus
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
11 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup - Page 11 Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  Sable Tails Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 am

Ramsus wrote:@Facey Face: Hey, could Daisy transfer the beneficial spells from the amulet to another amulet without damaging them and without having to take over any other spells she might not have noticed? Because she still doesn't trust them in the least.

@Sable: Does Stasis currently have a disguise or is he appearing as a Changeling?

He is currently appearing in his normal unicorn disguise, as walking about Canterlot as a changeling would likely lead to trouble.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup - Page 11 Empty Re: WoMF's Evil(?) Campaign OOC/Signup

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:16 am

Ok, good to know that we don't know he's a Changeling. He might want to tell us that though so we can use it in plans. Note: This may accidentally be terrible advice considering this is an evil game. Either way, there are risks.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 am

Ramsus wrote:Ok, good to know that we don't know he's a Changeling. He might want to tell us that though so we can use it in plans. Note: This may accidentally be terrible advice considering this is an evil game. Either way, there are risks.

I suspect he'll reveal his true nature shortly, as he'll be severely handicapped if he can't use his special changeling abilities. The reason he hasn't as of yet is because, first of all, he doesn't know any of the other seven from Adam, except that they are apparently all approximately as lawless and corrupt as he is, which does not breed trust. Second, as a member of one of the most despised and hunted species in all the world, and being as particularly despised as he is to those who actually know of him, and as he is currently a mere hop, skip, and a jump away from his great arch-nemesis...well, these all disincline him to being upfront about his true nature and identity to a bunch of evil strangers. It's not because I like messing with ya'lls plans or anything.
(And for that matter, I'm trying to get Stasis accustomed to the others' abilities so that he can use them in his own plans, which intersect with most everyone else's, at least for the moment.)

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:40 am

In my writing I made my changeling stallion have a fake cutie-mark special talent for disguise spells. You might be able to pull something like that off if you don't want Stasis to reveal his powers.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 am

On the plus side being a Changeling can't be worse, socially speaking, than being a Lich.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 am

Ramsus wrote:On the plus side being a Changeling can't be worse, socially speaking, than being a Lich.

lol Touche.
As for your idea, RavenscroftRaven...that's actually not a bad idea, but I think Stasis would rather enjoy the others knowing that he's a changeling, given their reputation. His desire for secrecy and duplicity wars with his desire to show-off. If this were a good campaign with Stasis being the bad apple in the bunch, I'd probably do as you suggested. Besides, Stasis has plenty of other secrets to keep things interesting.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 pm

I've been out of it for the past couple of days. What's going on?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Major Trust issues with the party... That's my take on the state of affairs.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Masterweaver wrote:I've been out of it for the past couple of days. What's going on?

Answering in the form of a quote to respond to and then a synopsis:

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

Masterweaver wrote:"THIS! THIS IS THE REASON MAGIC CAUSES FRICTION! It is UNSEEN, it is PERSONAL! Only SCIENCE can be used in the modern world, for only SCIENCE provides the greatest of equality!"

Javolt sweeps his portion of the bits into his saddlebags.

"I will agree to TAKE the elements from the ponies who weild them and then I will STUDY their power so as to REPRODUCE IT WITH GEARS AND STEAM! THAT IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE!"

Flam levitates an amulet each to C and Javolt, the path somewhat wobbly.

Trixie glances at Javolt sternly. "Do remember that we'll need the Elements of Harmony ourselves. Trixie believes you're free to study them after we're done with them, however."

Stasis probed Flam's mind to find out how they knew him, which got an unexpected, unexplained answer.

Daisy, Trixie, and Wrangler have managed to stop fighting, leading to a mass exeunt as everypony has accepted the offer.

Daisy analyzed the amulet and found the following:

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:

The spells on the amulet are: a multiuse triggered-by-thought communication spell with the (now-familiar) auras of Trixie and Flam, a spell to minimize magical and physical residue from the wearer (to prevent leaving condemning evidence like hairs or magical auras behind), and a tracking spell that alerts Trixie and Flam if the holder is more than twenty feet away from it for an hour. To Daisy's surprise, there appear to be no trap spells of any sort, although she has an idea that if they had gotten her life force, they probably could have channeled nearly any spell to her from the amulet.

C observed the trio as they left before they teleported away, but didn't get anything useful (unless infighting is useful). However, he's gotten Daisy and Silvertongue to go see if they can trace it (although he owes Daisy an unspecified favor now), at which point Daisy revealed to the duo that their mysterious employer was Blueblood.

Stasis attempted to schmooze up to Horus, but was brutally rebuffed. After that, Horus asked anypony if they knew the Everfree well enough to suggest a base of operations.

Xel Unknown wrote:Major Trust issues with the party... That's my take on the state of affairs.

That too.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:(unless infighting is useful).
I think it may be, depends on how I use it.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:(unless infighting is useful).
I think it may be, depends on how I use it.

Fake infighting is always useful!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Since I'm told there's doubt on this issue, Trixie and co have already teleported away.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Raven, that was a bit unclear. I'm imagining this plan as the two fliers carrying Daisy, C, and Herr and the rest taking the train? You mentioned Javolt but, I'm having trouble imagining either of you guys actually carrying two full sized creatures at once.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:57 pm

We've got one flier that says they can carry one pony: The changeling. That's 2/7 party members.

We've got Wrangler taking the train tomorrow. That's 3/7

We've got one flier saying they can carry a pony in each claw and a dragon on their back, for the remaining 4 party members.

Yes, I'm pushing it there, but if RD can carry four ponies and she's not a strength trainer (she's speed and acrobatics), then a much larger griffon can carry one per talon and a tiny lizard.

Even with the severe penalty for clumsy flight, I can dump a magic point into it to compensate if required.

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:02 pm

I think I'll disguise myself and take the train, less likely to fall out of the sky that way.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Hah! And Horus wonders why the Elements still exist when cowards like that are here! Have faith in the dice!
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm quite happy being a coward, it means I live longer. Plus I'm doubtful of how we will all survive if you fall out of the sky, I don't think we have plot armour.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah, we should probably not push things too far on the extended flight, also if we're splitting the party, better to split it evenly so that a smaller group would encounter an insurmountable problem.

Also, I'm forgetting where RD carried four ponies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Rarity and three wonderbolts. S01E16, starting at the 18 minute mark ish.

And "plot armour" has double meanings now... Protect your plot!

EDIT:
Horus CAN hunt any of them down, or also use sigils hunt the symbol down, using Thattaway!, if he's got enough of a look at them to specify them. The sigil is odd and wouldn't be used elsewhere, which is why it also would work, finding the closest copy of that sigil. He only needs a time so he won't barge in on them showering in the morning. Very Happy
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 am

So...I suppose Wrangler, Silvertongue, and C are going to take the train, although I'd think a baby dragon would stand out and be remembered. Stasis and Horus can fly, and if Horus can carry Doctor Javolt and Herr Freischutz and Stasis carries Daisy, then that should get everyone to the Everfree forest by no later than sometime the next day. Hopefully.
(However, I should like to mention that when Rainbow Dash carried the three wonderbolts and Rarity, she was under the influence of the equivalent of a cutie-mark critical, and she only carried them for a very short time.)

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 am

Sure, sure, rainbow dash all over my parade, will ya? I'd argue the CMC part of her action was not achieving the boom nor carrying the people, it was not killing them or herself when she smashed into them going the speed of sound, since it is established in Lesson Zero later on that her Rainboom impacts can shatter houses, let alone Rarity's bones.

Length of time is a factor, though. That's very true. But it was also all dead weight or unhelpful weight. Were the Bolts conscious, they would probably be able to Aid Another her, but they weren't, and Rarity was too delirious to help RD fly at that point. Co-operative passengers would be a lot better.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 am

Well, I suppose wingless passengers could hold on, at least. However, I'll add that the show seems to portray Rainbow Dash as the greatest living flier in Equestria, at the very least, although I'll admit that she seems more about agility and speed than stamina and strength. (I'm rather skeptical of the idea that the sonic rainboom was not the CMC, however...I think the rules specifically mentioned sonic rainbooms as an example of a CMC.) However, ultimately the Faust is the one who decides how many passengers each of our characters can carry. As long as we can carry at least one, then we can fly everyone we need to the Everfree...eventually.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:37 am

Indeed! The task will get accomplished.

And Rainbooms for US are a CMC. For RD, maybe not as much, she kind of did one on command for the wedding.

Also, RD is not the greatest living flyer in Equestria. She's the fastest pegasus in Equestria. Those are very different things, both in scope and scale. There could be faster alicorns, hippogriffs, or griffons, and there could be more talented fliers (Spitfire comes to mind), who merely aren't quite as fast as her, but overall have more strength, stamina, control, and confidence. If the other would be the case, getting on the Wonderbolts would be a non-issue for RD. She only has one aspect of flight down pat. The others still need work.

Also, two days to go until Season 3! You excited? I'm excited.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 am

Well, either of you could carry Herr... um, however you spell his name, without undue difficulty (Stasis probably would not enjoy the experience, though, given his relatively low physical ability). However, the other two are trickier. Dr. Javolt's mechanical foreleg makes him a little heavier, and Daisy's lack of flesh and muscle and stuff makes her fairly lighter. I'd say those two together would equal about 1.75 ponies. Stasis would naturally not be able to carry that burden very well, although with a nat 20 anything is possible; Horus could carry them, but it'd be difficult. Alternatively, feel free to try rearranging things. I will say this much: asking Horus to carry Javolt and Herr Whatshisname at the same time would be unreasonable, although not impossible.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 am

Basically, Horus should carry Daisy and someone else and Stasis should carry the other one.

Edit: Oh, I'd like to point out something. Daisy technically has flesh and muscle, it's just all dessicated. Still, without all the water, you weigh a lot less.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next