Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 13 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 13 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  XandZero2 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 am

Dr. Death Ray glanced from his controller, to the Windigo King, to back to his controller, to back to the Windigo King, to back to his controller.

What was the difference between the Doctor's power and the Windigo's power?

His power was Bot Power.

Up, down, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A... THERE! As the Doctor finished entering the final command prompts the Dark Horse stomped down hard on the icy floor, planting it's hooves in the ground, crouching as a rapier-sharp blade - the mechanical mockery of a unicorn horn - rose up from it's stainless steel forehead. It's eyes flashed as red energy arced across it's body, focusing into the horn blade, charging up into a ball of crimson light.

Hovering around in tight circles above Death Ray's head, GREGG's eye flashed, "Doctor! Termination Beam is at 60% Power and rising!"

Death Ray nodded, rising to his hooves. He saw that the Lantern was trying to buy him time, but he didn't intend to hit the WK with a cheap shot. He wanted that mother-bucker to see this coming.

Hold this for me GREGG! - he thought, throwing up his controller, his companion catching it in his gravitational field as the Doctor galloped forward, drawing his Taser.

"Yes sir! Termination Beam - 70% Power!"

Death Ray took aim and shot out his Taser cable, the device sticking fast in the Windigo King in his big toe once more. Let's see if this gets his attention.

"HEY WINDIGO WUSS!"

Dr. D pressed the switch and another shock coursed through the coil.

Spoiler:

"80% Power"

Dr. Death Ray flipped up his goggles so he could get a good look at the giant, hulking god-monstrosity before him, "I THINK WE'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOUR WINTER WONDERLAND OLD TIMER!"

"85%"

"YOU WANT TO MAKE FUN OF ME, THAT'S ONE THING!"

"88%"

"YOU WANT TO MAKE FUN OF MY MACHINES, THAT'S ANOTHER!"

"91%"

"-BUT DON'T YOU EVER-"

"94%"

"-AND I MEAN, EVER-"

"97%"

"-MIND CONTROL MY LOVE INTEREST!"

"Termination Beam is at 100% Power Doctor!"

"FYI - I'M DR. DEATH RAY, I GOT A BUCKIN' PH.D. IN HORRIBLENESS, AND I THINK IT'S TIME TO TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL!"

Behind Death Ray, the red orb above the Dark Horse turned jet black, a red energy field materializing around the Ponynator-class robot in the same instant, crimson lightning crackling along it's length.

"Lesson Zero - Don't mess..."

Dr. Death Ray flipped down his black goggles...

"With the Doctor."

Jet thrusters flipped out the back of the Dark Horse's hooves...

"NOW!"

"HASTA LA VISTA, BAY-BAY."

As the Doctor leapt to the side, the Dark Horse kicked in the afterburners, rocketing forward at full speed, lowering it's horn and leveling the black orb of energy balancing on it's blade's edge. It shot past the rest of the party, crashed into the Windigo King head-on, and as it's energy field crashed against the Dracolich's ice aura - the black orb atop its head discharged at point-blank range.

"Dark Horse's Attack:

Spoiler:

Last edited by XandZero2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 am

"...Je suis impressionné," Halynn mutters in shock, staring at the franky ridiculous power of the Dark Horse's beam. ...really need to have a talk with him, though. I have no idea why he still likes me after... She trails off in her thoughts. She didn't remember much. Rage, she definitely remembered that. She remembered hating Dr. Death Ray especially... yelling at him, screaming her rage...

What exactly did I say? ...and how much of it did I mean?

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

((Derp. Disregard this post...))

Last edited by Grey Pen on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

The dragon's head and body finish reforming at last, thinner now than before and covered in cracks as magic begins to well up visibly in its mouth in an otherworldly blue flame. It begins to rear up, ready to blast out the magical flame when the dark horse collides with it. The black ball of energy meets the building ancient magic and reacts violently.

A flash of darkness filled the room as the dark horse's attack went off. The thick sheets of ice under you crack and buck as ancient magic and mad science clash, some jutting several feet into the air from the force. The energy in the room whips more turbulently than ever before as the ponies who'd remained hiding in the corners cry out and huddle together in fear.

Finally, the energy dies down completely. Most of the room is obscured by a thick cloud of steam and you can see much of the ice that covered the room is cracked or melted. Some of the spires have smashed into the glass cases of some of the other exhibits. You see a shadow in the fog ahead of you. The cloud dissipates slowly but soon enough reveals the shadow to be the Dark Horse. Standing tall and unharmed, its red eyes glowing steadily.

Relief turns to wariness as the thinning cloud reveals another, much larger shadow unmistakable in shape looming over the machine. The dracolich looms over the Dark Horse now entirely made of ice. Its frame seems thinner than before and almost completely white from the countless cracks running through every inch of its body. As you prepare to rejoin the fight you notice something unusual. The frozen beast hasn't moved an inch and the bright blue flames are gone from its eyes. When you notice this, as if on cue, the lower jaw falls off with a loud crack. A shudder moves through its icy frame as it begins to fall apart. When it finishes coming down, you hear a ghostly whisper in your ears.

"Congratulations mortals, you've piqued my interest."

The magic in the room finally fades completely and before long the warm of the island's climate fills the room. You can hear the sound of dripping water as the ice begins to melt.

((You Win!))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm

"...merci Celestia," Halynn mutters with relief. "Nous avons gagné."

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm

"So science triumphs over a god... or was it love?" Ragnarok starts off for the door.

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Mosstone watched the robot in awe as it collided with the skeleton. Truly these were forces to be reckoned with. He suddenly realized he was dealing with something far larger than himself.

Theeeen everything suddenly got dark. Even his normally sharp eyes failed him; He felt the floor shifting around under his hooves. He heard a lot of crashing around, by ponies, by random debris, by the two monstrous creatures on the other end of the room. He thought unusually quickly; he decided the time for bravery was done. He allowed his coat to change color to what he thought the room should be when this stopped, and tried to find someplace stable....

And had very little success. He could tell he had just finished changing color, when something hit his head. He suddenly felt dizzy and weak. Something else bumped him, and that put him under. He had only just enough time for one thought before things went blank...

<Stupid courage! Shoulda stayed back...>

((Stealth Check to avoid detection when and/or until things settle down: 1d20= 19 + 8 Precision + 5 Cutie Mark = 31 total.))

((...Acrobatics? I think? Intentionally failed. Trust me, Mosstone needs to be unconscious right now.

...Why yes, you all DO get to try and hunt him down now. Don' blame me, blame Mosstone, he's the clumsy scaredy-pony.))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 am

"You're an interesting one yerself! Maybe a drinkin' contest next time though!" Land Lobber laughs at the psionic message. "Everypony alive? No permanent injuries?" He wasn't really concerned with those who joined in on the combat. The only one he was really worried about was Halynn, since she was his meal ticket out of here.

"Crazy mare, this count fer earnin' a paycheck, or are yeah unsatisfied?" He asks the Lantern Corps pony. She said many things while mind-fuddled, but much like his own trick, it didn't entirely remove the mind of the original owner, some mind play worked best if it was what they really felt, and an unsatisfied customer was one that wasn't going to pay him enough to get his boat back running.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am

Halynn looks confused. "Why wouldn't it? ...oh." She looks grim. "What exactly did I say while...?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 am

...Is it over? GREGG? Tell me it's over. Tell me that motherbucker didn't just parry the Termination Beam or something... I'm too scared to look...

The Doctor had watched as the room went dark, then he'd shut his eyes tight and hoped for the best. He still remembered that one goon that had deflected a massive storm of bullets - BY HIMSELF - and the Doctor had just been too cool there, if the Dark Horse's ultimate attack had been shrugged off like last time? Death Ray just - he just didn't know if he'd be able to take it. He'd have to throw in the towel, move to a deserted island somewhere, and take up underwater basket weaving, because it just didn't pay to be a super-villain some days...

-But then GREGG's thoughts entered the Doctor's mind through their cerebral uplink, ...I... I think it's over. Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir, it's over!

Are we dead GREGG? Is this what death feels like? -Because, if so, it feels pretty much like life, except it's dark and I can't see any -Oh, right. My eyes are closed.

Internal scanners show that we are both 100% alive sir.

Oh yeah?

Dr. Death Ray opened his eyes then - his black goggled eyes taking in the Dark Horse standing large and in-charge over the crumpled heap that was once the avatar of a dread-god of winter.

The Doctor's mouth dropped wide open.

He pulled up his goggles, opened his eyes wide, rubbed them, blinked a few times, tried to speak, stammered, failed - then just resorted to hopping up and down and pointing at the Dark Horse like a complete crazy pony, looking from it to GREGG in utter shock and amazement.

I... I... You see... you see that GREGG?

Affirmative sir.

WE DID IT! WE DID IT!

Congratulations sir.

-And then the Doctor finally found his voice, jumping up on his hind legs, punching his hooves into the air, yelling at the top of his lungs for the whole room to hear, "OMFG! WE DID IT! WE BUCKIN' DID IT! WHOOT!"

He took to the air with his green transparent wings, plucked up GREGG in his arms, kissed his gold casing, then gave the little bot a victory noogie for good measure before snatching up his controller and zipping over to the Dark Horse.

Inputting a quick series of commands, the Doctor grinned as he tossed his controller, raised his hoof as the Dark Horse mirrored the movement, then hoof-bumped with his creation.

*CLANG*

-Then the Doctor grit his teeth and bit back a scream of pain as he realized that he'd just smashed his hoof against a stainless steel robot. As he shook his hoof to get the blood flowing again, GREGG zoomed up beside him.

"What should we do now Doctor?"

"Savor our moment of victory?"

"Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir... but... what does tea have to do with victory sir?"

"Huh?"

"I just cross-checked my internal hard-drive for appropriate post-victory activities, and datafiles indicate that the appropriate course of action upon victory over a worthy opponent is to... 'tea-bag' the enemy?"

"Oh... Yeah... Heh heh... That."

"I am uncertain as to where we can find tea bags at this late hour sir. Do you wish me to make a reconnaissance flight around town?"

"Nah... GREGG... Nah... That... uh... won't be necessary..."

"Yes sir."

Death Ray looked around, beaming at everypony even as the light in the Dark Horse's red eyes faded and it went offline - then he caught sight of the Lantern and his heart skipped a beat.

The Doctor slowly lowered himself down to the ground beside her, grinning awkwardly as he ran a self-conscious hoof through his blond mane. Then he heard her ask about what she'd said while she was out... Yeeeeeah... "Um... So, uh... What did you say?... Oh... Uh... Nothing... Nothing much..." He didn't want to look her straight in the eye, so he kind of turned his head to the side and looked in every other direction he could think of, before glancing sidelong at her anyway and finally asking, "You okay?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 am

Halynn couldn't help but grin at the Doctor's enthusiasm... and couldn't help but grin more when he high-fived his robot. Fortunately, it was all behind the mask.

But then he asked the question.

"I... I'm not sure," she says quietly. "I hurt you. I would have hurt the others... no, with that kind of rage, I would have killed you all." She shudders, beginning to sound distraught. "I can't believe I almost let that happen. I can't believe that I was so weak-willed that I nearly KILLED you! Is it really that easy to turn me against the innocent?!"

"And if so... what does that say about me...?"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 am

"Says yeah had a moment o' weakness. Nothin' more, nothin' less. You care. And those who care are easy to twist, it's how I'm getting a hunnerd bits outta you for doing what I woulda done anyways. If you be worried that you be killing ponies, we can have ourselves a good old tussle and I'll show yeah that you won't be killin' nopony with me on the payroll." Land Lobber's boast was perhaps a bit much, but...

"I'll even let the doctor join in with yeah. It always feels weird tusslin' with just one pony. Yer half my size."

He looks at the two and laughs again, at the awkwardness. "Might be good skinship to try it! ...Though she didn't say nothin' much, doc. She said a lot! Someting about the 'griff over there running away bein' a horrible waste o' life, an' that the doc here was a first-rate charmin' scallywag, or something like that!"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 am

The good cheer and victory celebrations are suddenly interrupted by a loud crack from above followed by a massive slab of ice falling from the ceiling and smashing an exhibit on the other side of the room. It begins to dawn on you that you're in a giant cube of magical ice that's formed over the entire room. With the source of that magical frost gone,the ice is becoming unstable, including the thick layer of ice covering the ceiling. As the former hostages begin to run around screaming and panicking. A quick glance around reveals that the doors and windows also have layers of ice over them. Thick cracks spiderweb all around the frozen room. You also notice an unusual glow that disappears and then quickly reappears in one spot along the wall through the ice.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 am

The path.

Traps, tricks, trusts... The path was the path. Sometimes it was clear, sometimes it wasn't. Right now, it was saying that the vampony girl was trying to get in. Or that the next stalactite was actually supposed to have been a stalagmite. One or the other. Still, seemed like a good job for him, so Land Lobber excused himself from the meting (fully overconfident he could swat away any falling debris), and pressed his hand against the glowing ice.

Ice was, at its core, a rock. It had a crystalline structure, a certain cleavage fracture at any given temperature point, specific hardness, and most specifically, a specific brittleness. The minotaur pulled his pickaxe high, and cleaved strong into the glowing section of wall. Already cracking, it would take skill to dig out the area and not get caught in a cave-in. Luckily, skill was something he had.

rolls:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Healing Torch stared at the dragon's corpse. Oh sweet Celestia, it's dead.
"YEAH, SUCK ON THAT YOU STUPID LIZARD! YOU'RE NOTHING MORE THAN A FOSSILIZED POPSICLE NOW! WOOHOO!"
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Halynn looks confused. "Why wouldn't it? ...oh." She looks grim. "What exactly did I say while...?"
"Oh, not much. Just the usual cliches you'd expect from someone under mind control. Pledge to destroy allies and serve big bad, all that nonsense."
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Halynn couldn't help but grin at the Doctor's enthusiasm... and couldn't help but grin more when he high-fived his robot. Fortunately, it was all behind the mask.

But then he asked the question.

"I... I'm not sure," she says quietly. "I hurt you. I would have hurt the others... no, with that kind of rage, I would have killed you all." She shudders, beginning to sound distraught. "I can't believe I almost let that happen. I can't believe that I was so weak-willed that I nearly KILLED you! Is it really that easy to turn me against the innocent?!"

"And if so... what does that say about me...?"
"It doesn't say anything about you other than you pissed off an alicorn who Verana specifically told us was skilled at manipulation. It could just as easily been one of us he got to. Don't think too much into it, Halynn, there's a time and a place for everything. Also, I don't think we're the most innocent things around."
RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Says yeah had a moment o' weakness. Nothin' more, nothin' less. You care. And those who care are easy to twist, it's how I'm getting a hunnerd bits outta you for doing what I woulda done anyways. If you be worried that you be killing ponies, we can have ourselves a good old tussle and I'll show yeah that you won't be killin' nopony with me on the payroll." Land Lobber's boast was perhaps a bit much, but...

"I'll even let the doctor join in with yeah. It always feels weird tusslin' with just one pony. Yer half my size."

He looks at the two and laughs again, at the awkwardness. "Might be good skinship to try it! ...Though she didn't say nothin' much, doc. She said a lot! Someting about the 'griff over there running away bein' a horrible waste o' life, an' that the doc here was a first-rate charmin' scallywag, or something like that!"
"Um, about that... do you remember what we said to you while you were a-" Torch was interrupted by the walls and ceiling beginning to crumble around them.
No time to plan, gotta protect the civilians.
With that, he strained, his horn glowed green, and an emerald dome appeared around a 20 foot circle in the middle of the room.
"All civilians, please get into the force field, it will keep you safe!"
Well, that's assuming there's no 3 ton stalactites, but what are the odds of that? Now to check injuries.
"Hey gang, is anyone injured? Black eyes, anything like that?"
Force Field:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"...Though she didn't say nothin' much, doc. She said a lot! Someting about the 'griff over there running away bein' a horrible waste o' life, an' that the doc here was a first-rate charmin' scallywag, or something like that!"

Subjectz wrote:
"Oh, not much. Just the usual cliches you'd expect from someone under mind control. Pledge to destroy allies and serve big bad, all that nonsense."

Looks like I'm going to have to see if the ring recorded it, Halynn thinks. Clearly nopony's going to tell me straight out. Ce que j'ai dit, il doit avoir été vraiment mauvais.

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Says yeah had a moment o' weakness. Nothin' more, nothin' less. You care. And those who care are easy to twist, it's how I'm getting a hunnerd bits outta you for doing what I woulda done anyways. If you be worried that you be killing ponies, we can have ourselves a good old tussle and I'll show yeah that you won't be killin' nopony with me on the payroll."

Subjectz wrote:"It doesn't say anything about you other than you pissed off an alicorn who Verana specifically told us was skilled at manipulation. It could just as easily been one of us he got to. Don't think too much into it, Halynn, there's a time and a place for everything. Also, I don't think we're the most innocent things around."

What's that supposed to mean...? Well, at least Land Lobber will stop me if necessary... that helps a little. I can investigate the innocence thing later...

Subjectz wrote:"Um, about that... do you remember what we said to you while you were a-" Torch was interrupted by the walls and ceiling beginning to crumble around them.
With that, he strained, his horn glowed green, and an emerald dome appeared around a 20 foot circle in the middle of the room.
"All civilians, please get into the force field, it will keep you safe!"
"Hey gang, is anyone injured? Black eyes, anything like that?"

"Nothing. Wh-?" Halynn is then cut off by the same crumbling of walls and ceiling.

"Well-done, Torch!" Halynn exclaims, using her ring's power to bolster the force field.

Rolling to assist:

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:04 pm

"Torch would you be able to move the force field as Land Lobber appears to be attempting to create an exit for us."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:20 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"Torch would you be able to move the force field as Land Lobber appears to be attempting to create an exit for us."
"Alright." With that, his horn momentaily flared green, and the dome, shifted 10 feet to the left.
"There, is that good?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:02 am

Halynn wrote:"I... I'm not sure," she says quietly. "I hurt you. I would have hurt the others... no, with that kind of rage, I would have killed you all." She shudders, beginning to sound distraught. "I can't believe I almost let that happen. I can't believe that I was so weak-willed that I nearly KILLED you! Is it really that easy to turn me against the innocent?!"

When the Lantern had said all that and then asked,

Halynn wrote:"And if so... what does that say about me...?"

The first thing that popped into Death Ray's mind was - That you have a promising future as a super villain?

We just need to work on the whole killing thing... Thaaaat - could get out of hand pretty quick...

The Minotaur had been right about one thing - mind control usually played off the secret feelings you kept deep deep deep deep down inside, and the Doctor knew he was going to have to have a long talk about all that with the Lantern sooner or later - but of course, it seemed like it would have to be later than sooner... Buckin' ice buckin' meltin' and buckin' fallin' on our buckin' heads... Can't we ever catch a break?!

No sir, Dr. Death Ray sir...
GREGG thought as he jinked back and forth to avoid falling icicles, It appears that we cannot sir.

Well, he'd have to make time for the heart-felt soul-corrupting later... The Lantern and the other Doctor-type seemed to have the civies covered - quite literally, what with the force field and all - but the Minotaur seemed like he could possibly use some aid with the whole ice mining schtick.

-So, thinking quickly, Dr. D - began digging through his pockets, Now where did I put that drill ray...? Got to be in here somewhere... - Oh, wait. Is that it?

Dr. D pulled out his Death Ray Taser...

Nope, that's not it...

Dr. D tossed it aside and kept digging, Hmmmmm... Is this it?

He pulled out his Death Ray Laser....

Nope, that's not it either...

He tossed it aside as well and kept digging... Is this it?

He pulled out his Death Ray Banana-fana-fo-phaser Fee-fi-mo-maser laser...

What was I thinking? He tossed it aside and kept digging. Then he froze. Now this has to be-

He pulled out a smooth, spherical disk... Wait... What does this one even do-

Then the top slid open and smoke spewed out in Death Ray's face. He tossed it aside quickly, already hacking up half a lung. Death Ray... Smoke... Bomb... Blah!

He sighed, then looked up at GREGG. Hey, little buddy, you... you wouldn't happen to know where I put my Death Ray Drill Ray... would you?

You mean the Death Ray Mining Laser sir?

No... No... Not the-, Dr. D sighed and shook his head, Not the Mining Laser, GREGG, the Drill Ray. Don't you know the difference between a mining laser and a drill ray?

No sir. What's the difference?

Uhhhhh... Well...One's like... like a... a beam-like something... that... that mines things... And the other... well, the other... it's sort of a cone-like... thingy... that mines things...

The Doctor frowned. Look, would... would you happen to know where the mining drill laser ray is or... or not?

GREGG's eye flashed red and a Ray gun levitated up out of the Death Ray's pocket. "Is this it sir?"

Dr. D snatched it up in a flash, "Yeah, that's the one!"

With that, he trotted over to the Minotaur to see what he could do to help.

"Hey there! ...Big, scary... Minotaur pirate... guy. I'm... always up for destroying public property. Let's see if I can't... uh... aid you with a little bit of science here... "

Flipping the switch on his ray, Dr. D went to work weakening the ice so the Minotaur could more easily break through-

-Scratch that. The Ray was on the fritz again...

Great... Just great... Dr. Death Ray thought to himself. Stupid thing wasn't even starting when he smacked it... Well what now?

He tossed the Mining Drill Laser Ray to the side and rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a sec.

Hmm... GREGG?

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir.

Can you do an internal scan of this ice's superstructure? Try to locate the key fracture points.

Yes sir.

Great. Relay your information to the Minotaur.

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 pm

The ponies continue to scream and holler, mostly ignoring the two shields in their panic. This lasts until another chunk of ice falls and breaks harmlessly against Torch's force field. Realizing this, the ponies huddle under them in as much time as it takes to blink. Perfectly silent and seemingly calm save for their looking around the room with eyes wide.

Land Lobber brings his axe down on the ice wall with enough force to smash a hole in it, though not quite large enough yet for a pony, much less a minotaur, to fit through. It is however large enough to allow an orange ghost who was not expecting an opening there to barrel through into the frozen room. Verana slams into Halynn's force field and wobbles in the air for a moment before shaking her head and looking around. Looking through the hole, Lobber can see the street below and realizes this ice has formed over a window which the force of his blow punched through.

"It's over?"

Verana asks in a slightly disoriented tone.

"I felt his presence in here, you were able to prove victo-"

Anything else she was going to say was cut off by another chunk of ice falling nearby, it growing more frequent now.

((Smashing through the wall the ice wall takes two successful DC30 checks. That's one down, one more to go))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"Nothing. Wh-?"
Oh thank Luna. I hope no one else remembers that, or this might get tricky.
I need to enchant my saddle bags when I get a shot, I don't wanna lose them.

Seeing that everyone is relatively uninjured, Healing Torch turns to Lobber and says, "Lemme help with that." With that said, a look of exertion comes over his face, and his coat bursts into flames. "This is an old trick I used to pull off when I needed to cook something. But I think it can melt too." He steps past Lobber, and waits for the ice to melt.
Too Hot to Handle:
((FIRST NAT 20 YAY))
((Also, that is a CMC... YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE-))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm

As Torch closed his eyes and begins to pour magic into his old campfire trick, he feels almost immediately something is off.

Perhaps it's the adrenaline from the recent life-or-death struggles not quite worn off, or maybe it was all the magic that had filled the room before. Regardless of the reason, Torch feels a flood of magic welling up in him!

Far more than he intended.

Far more than he knew he had!

Torch lifts slightly off the ground and opens his eyes, glowing bright with arcane energy. A bright light hovering just at the tip of his horn like a lighthouse in a storm, seemingly making the rest of the room dimmer by its mere existence. In that instant a massive dome of green flames washes out across the room with Torch as the center. Wherever it passes, ice melts and evaporates with an audible hiss. The flames wash over his allies and the force field harmlessly as they cover the room. A large slab of ice falls from the ceiling and instantly disappears with nothing but a hiss and a small cloud of steam as it meets the blaze. The wave of flames crash against the walls and ceiling and finally break as the magic glow in Torch's eyes and horn slowly begins to dim as he gently returns to the ground. In the aftermath of the magical inferno, not one shard of ice or errant drop of water can be found in the room. Nor an errant scorch mark in sight. The only thing that still shows signs of the arcane conflagration is Torch's body itself, which is now wreathed in flames.

((how's that? Needless to say, the ice isn't a problem anymore. Made the flames green because of his cutie-mark. So everyone, you're no longer in immediate danger, and the ice is gone! What do you do now?))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Dr. Death Ray flipped up his goggles and stared at the green Unicorn for a long, looooong moment. He didn't realize his mouth was hanging open. He just blinked a few times - then looked back at the rest of the party.

"Well..." Dr. D clopped his hooves together and grinned, "Right... Okay... uh... I think we're done here. So... where were we?"

"I believe you were talking the Lantern about her 'episode' Dr. Death Ray sir."

"Ah..." The Doctor winced at GREGG's lack of tact. Perhaps his subtlety circuit needed recalibrating again? "So we were GREGG... So we were..."

((My shortest post yet!))
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 am

"...Je suppose que je n'ai pas besoin de ça, alors," Halynn says, dismissing her force field. "I'm beginning to think that the Doctor and I are not the most extraordinary in this group anymore... I'm not sure that was possible, actually. How do you create that much flame, melt all the ice, and leave every single one of us unharmed?" she muses, clearly bewildered.

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 am

Healing Torch's eyes open, and he smiles warmly. "Wow... that felt... good. Like a mother's embrace." Noticing he's still on fire, his horn quickly flashes, and the flames are extinguished. "Is everyone alright? No one on fire?"
Seeing no one was burning alive, he grins even wider. "There. I think that worked pretty well."
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"...Je suppose que je n'ai pas besoin de ça, alors," Halynn says, dismissing her force field. "I'm beginning to think that the Doctor and I are not the most extraordinary in this group anymore... I'm not sure that was possible, actually. How do you create that much flame, melt all the ice, and leave every single one of us unharmed?" she muses, clearly bewildered.

Prench Translation:
"I don't know how to explain that other than... magic, I guess. Maybe my horn reacted to the surge of magic left over from the Windigo King's construct? And it wasn't that extraordinary, just a bit of luck and good timing."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next