Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 12 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:23 pm

"I do believe that something big is about to happen."

Ragnarok throws up a small electric shield large enough to protect herself.

move and stats:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Something big? You got that right Griffon...

Dr. Death Ray thought to himself as he reeled in his Taser coils and glanced up at GREGG hovering in the air beside him.

What's the good word my little gold-plated robot buddy?

The Darkhorse's power cells have reached maximum capacity Dr. Death Ray sir.

The Doctor rubs his hooves together, grinning deviously. Exxxxxxcellent... INITIATE LAUNCH SEQUENCE!

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir! Launching the Dark Horse, no-

WOAH! WOAH! GREGG?! Wait a second!

...Yes Doctor?

Dr. Death Ray flew up on his green transparent wings and crossed his arms in front of his chest, frowning at his companion - having completely forgotten the Windigo King for the moment.

The Doctor cocked his head to one side, GREGG? Aren't you forgetting something?

Umm... No... sir?

The Doctor threw up his hooves, The countdown! The countdown! How could you forget about the countdown!

Oh... Sorry sir. My bad. But why do we have to do a countdown anyway sir? The Darkhorse is ready for lift off right now... Wouldn't a countdown just waste even more-

Dr. D shook his head and sighed. Really GREGG? Really? How... How many times do I have to explain this to you? It's all about standards, GREGG! Standards! I mean, just think. What would Dastardly Deeds, Head Horse of the Big Bad Legion of Baddies, be if he... didn't... Didn't send out death threats before he committed a capital crime? Sure, he could just commit the crimes... but then... what would there be separating him from any other... sociopath? Nothing... that's... that's what. Any joker can launch a robot, GREGG, but we've... We've got standards to uphold!

-Now start the countdown. I need time to prepare.

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir... 10... 9... 8...

Dr. D nodded in approval, turning back to the Dracolich. He flipped down his goggles, cleared his throat, then gave his best maniacal laugh. "SOOOOO, NEITHER BEARS NOR FLEAS CAN STAND BEFORE A GOD, AYE?! Well, I know you were imprisoned for quite a long time in Windigo lala land, gramps - but let's just say there's been a few changes since you've been away..."

5... 4...

"Bears and fleas are no longer the only things gods have to contend with these days..."

3... 2...

"LET'S SEE HOW YOU STAND UP AGAINST-"

1... Blast off.

"SCIENCE!"

The ground began to shake.

Dr. Death Ray raised his front hooves and laughed again as a massive drill burst up through the frozen floor.

-Then he stopped laughing, drew a remote from his coat, and smashed down on a button with one hoof.

The drill split apart into four equal segments, each segment slowly lowering to the floor as steam hissed out in every direction. From deep within a thick cloud of fog, two red eyes blazed into existence.

Death Ray's Move:

"TARGET ACQUIRED."

There was a loud CLANG! CLANG! GLANG! as the Dark Horse took it's first steps forward, advancing out of the steam cloud and towards its new target - the Windigo King - it's twin shoulder-mounted chain guns spinning faster and faster, issuing an eerie WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE! sound.

All systems are go, Dr. Death Ray sir.

Then let's show this god what it means to be a supervillain!

Dr. Death Ray grinned up at the Windigo King, "Say hello to my little friend... DARK HORSE! OPEN FIRE!"

There came a roar as the Dark Horse let rip a burst of chain gun fire, bullets tearing through the air-

Aaaaaand - mostly missing their mark...

At least a few still made contact though.

Dark Horse's Move:

The Doctor was far from discouraged however. His creation was just getting warmed up...

Combat Stats:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm

The wild magic continued to whip violently around the dragon as Land Lobber gave a weak swing of his axe. It slammed into the magic before it ever reached the dragon and for a moment it felt like he was trying to hold a sail against a hurricane before the magic bounced the axe away from the undead beast. The dragon turned its head down to glare at Land Lobber.

"You DARE give orders to a god you insignificant speck?!"

It reared back for a moment as Halynn appeared before it glowing bright with green energy, looking somewhat surprised. It turned away however as Dr. D flew up and began his speech. It looked down to regard the dark horse for a moment, actually seeming somewhat impressed with it as the machine's eyes lit up and the room reverberated with the clanging of its steps. Ice splintering slightly under its weight as it revved up its guns and fired a barrage at the dragon. What few bullets didn't miss slammed into the magic that churned around it, slowing to a crawl as they tried to pierce through before being swept up and pushed away. The dragon remained quiet for a long moment simply watching the machine.

"heh...hahahahah! If such half-hearted attempts are all your 'science' can muster, you would make a fine jester of my court to believe it stands a chance against me!"

The dragon's tail shifted behind it as the flame serpent continued to coil around it, slowly melting ice and burning bone. With a slam of its tail against the ground the electricity coursing through the beast was smothered by the magic around the dragon that was slowly beginning to calm to the more steady chill the beast normally emitted. It turned to regard Dr. Death Ray and its expression shifted into what was surely a cruel grin had it had any skin. When it spoke, it actually sounded somewhat cruelly affectionate.

"Come along now foal! Show me what you can really do with this 'science' you hold so high. But first allow me to show you a taste of the power of a god!"

With those words its tail lashed out like a snake as it returned its attention to the bright green light before it. Its tail coiled tightly around Halynn, nearly cutting off all feeling to her legs as it brought her closer to the beasts eyes. Just as it seemed as if all the air was being crushed from her lungs the dragon locked eyes with her through her mask and she couldn't turn away as the whole world faded to black. Magic tugged at her mind as everything disappeared into the darkness. For a brief instant she saw a blue alicorn with a white mane and silver armor before the vision shifted.

"Hero... Is that not what you strive to be?"

In an instant Halynn was left staring at herself, kneeling over a dying child.

"And yet you travel with admitted villains... brigands and black-hearts!"

The images of the party began to materialize around the phantom Halynn, as they lashed out, striking down innocents left and right and laughing drunkenly in joy.

"They make a mockery of your ideals, and laugh at your efforts."

Anger began to build inside her, drawn from the depths of her heart by magic she no longer noticed.

"You will never save anyone, so long as such fiends exist..."

The dragon gently set Halynn on the ground before it, its tail uncoiling and retreating back behind it, turning her to face down the party as it did.

"But I can give you the power to save everyone. Allies in your cause that are no mere bluff, my green knight!"

Combat Stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Rage. Rage flowing through her, rage aimed entirely at those she had once called allies and friends. So much so that she fails to realize that she stopped charging her ring. Who knows whether it's at full charge yet. Rage makes her forget to contemplate why her ring has gone silent.

"You," she spat venomously at the party. "I thought you were heroes. I thought you could be relied on. I trusted you!" Rage seethes through her, envelopes her voice. "Well, that was my mistake," she laughs bitterly.

Glaring at Healing Torch. "How can I trust somepony who can't even tell the truth when it's important? Who can't even trust officers of the law to be doing their job?!"

She turns her glare to Land Lobber, her eyes glowing bright red. "And the pirate. You don't care about laws. You don't care about lives.. You just care about your worthless money!"

With a sickening crack, red bull horns force themselves from Halynn's forehead as she turns to berate Ragnarok. "And you! At least the pirate has an excuse to not value life, as flimsy as it is! What's your excuse?! As far as I can tell, you don't care about ANYTHING! You disgust me."

Turning to Dr. Death Ray, she growls, lowly but clearly, "But not as much as you."

ba-BUM, ba-BUM, ba-BUM.

Blood leaks from her mouth slightly as she begins her quietest but most hateful tirade yet. "You lied to me. Tried to woo me under the guise of a hero, when you were a villain all along! A vile, despicable villain with no redeeming qualities! And it worked! I CARED about you, and it turns out you were USING me!"

ba-BUM, ba-BUM, ba-BUM!

"If this is what being a hero gets me, I'm done." Her face shifts, warps, becomes more bull-like. "I'm done trying to save ponies. The Windigo King has the right of it. The only way to save the world is to kill it."

"I won't protect anypony anymore. Now, my only purpose is to BUTCHER."

ba-BUM, ba-BUM, ba-BUM!

She turns a hateful gaze on the mad scientist. "Starting with you."

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

((Uh-oh...))

((Yeah, that's right, I am a part of this as soon as I get a chance for intro. Just making this post so the thread gets watched...))

((Carry on.))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 pm

"Hah hah! Hilarious!" Land Lobber laughs deeply. "Indeed! I be a pirate! Money ken, money can! I touched a nerve with our fossil friend. Got him right angry enough to fuddle my employer! I suppose this means ye absolve me contract? Alright, well, I be letting harm come then, but I still be saving them, despite yer muddle spell."

Land Lobber looks at the crowd that has since the griffon began the ritual been cowering in the back. "Ye be dead either way, bystanders. Help me help yerselves, we be not heroes here and this be out of my pay scale. Swing at the beast, it be possessing the stone frame. Shatter the rock and it be returning to some powerless angry ghost. Every clop of the hooves counts, mates!"

***Using Gather Energy***
HP 30/30, pips: 1.

(PS: This is your chance at entering combat Grey Pen!)
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm

((I think not...))

((Well, maybe. Dr. B and I had an idea already... But we'll see.
Bother you people.))

Combat Traits:

Mosstone hated crowds.

They were noisy, hot, unpredictable, and cramped; none of which he held in high regard. Especially when said crowd simply materialized out of nowhere, for no apparent reason. Or so he thought.

Then he saw the skeleton.

<Oh. That explains it...> he thought, feeling surprisingly calm. It didn't surprise him, much; he had grown up hiding from and drawing monsters just like that.

His first instinct, as with all such threats, was to crouch down and camouflage himself, letting the skeleton pick it's own battle elsewhere. And then he heard a voice, one that he would regret listening to (though he didn't know this at the time).

"Ye be dead either way, bystanders. Help me help yerselves, we be not heroes here and this be out of my pay scale. Swing at the beast, it be possessing the stone frame. Shatter the rock and it be returning to some powerless angry ghost. Every clop of the hooves counts, mates!"

Suddenly he felt something new. Something he would soon come to call "stupidity". Suddenly he was pushing his way through the crowd.. Then he was at the edge. There was the skeleton. It seemed to be shouting triumphantly.

Then he was practically flying. Then a sudden impact, accompanied by a loud crack. Then he felt rather dizzy...

Mosstone's Move:

((That right?))

Last edited by Grey Pen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am

"You Gree-Red Lantern are perfectly right I truely do not care in the slightest amount. Life is hell, we all shall die, fate can not be fought, and there is not single meaning to this world.I do not expect a single drop of happiness in my life... and yet I still try to do what I think is right. Unfortunately what is right now includes killing you. I would say that I am sorry but you and I both know that I do not mean it."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 am

Grey Pen wrote:Suddenly he felt something new. Something he would soon come to call "stupidity". Suddenly he was pushing his way through the crowd.. Then he was at the edge. There was the skeleton. It seemed to be shouting triumphantly.

Then he was practically flying. Then a sudden impact, accompanied by a loud crack. Then he felt rather dizzy...

Mosstone's Move:
((That right?))

[Looks good to me. Smile]

"Oh look, another brave fool fighting the inevitable," Halynn sneers. "How predictably cowardly, pirate, sending civilians to their doom to save your own hide."

tygerburningbright wrote:"Unfortunately what is right now includes killing you. I would say that I am sorry but you and I both know that I do not mean it."

"As if you could," Halynn scoffs. "Once I'm done with the mad scientist, you're next. Beware my power," she smirks, finally realizing that she had finished charging her ring. Turning to Dr. Death Ray, she vomits up red energy straight at him, which catches the Dark Horse and Land Lobber in its periphery.

Fortunately, this appears to have flushed out whatever magic was controlling Halynn, as the red melts away into the air and she morphs back to normal, promptly collapsing on the floor.

"Qu'est-ce ... ce qui s'est passé?" she mumbles dazedly.

Combat Stuff:

Saving Throw:

Current status:

Prench Translation:

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 am

When Dr. D watched the Windigo King pick up the Lantern in his bony tail - things had gotten serious in a hurry.

When he'd seen the creature tighten it's grip, he'd grit his teeth. When he'd seen the Lantern gasp for air, he'd winced. When the thing stared into her eyes, the Doctor had been powerless to do anything but watch on...

If he ordered the Dark Horse to unleash another volley, he risked hitting the hero... And if he did anything else, there was still no guarantee the hero wouldn't get hurt too...

Then the Windigo King had placed the Lantern back on the ground... and Dr. D'd noticed that look in her eye...

Dr. Death Ray sir, internal scanners are registering a spike in the Lantern's brain waves. She appears to be hemorrhaging Doctor, but something's not right...

And then it hit the Doctor...

OMG... He just turned her to the dark side... didn't he? That motherbuckin' Windigo King turned her to the dark side...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

But I wanted to turn her to the dark side...

And as if to further emphasize the point - that's when the Lantern grew horns.

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:You disgust me."

Turning to Dr. Death Ray, Halynn growls, lowly but clearly, "But not as much as you."

Uh oh.

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"You lied to me. Tried to woo me under the guise of a hero, when you were a villain all along! A vile, despicable villain with no redeeming qualities!

"Well... uh..." Dr. Death Ray ran a hoof through his main. "You know... I kind of... Yeah." He blushed, "You... you really think I'm despicable?"

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:And it worked! I CARED about you...

Dr. Death Ray's eyes lit up. He flew down to the ground and pulled back his black goggles, "Really? You did?! Because I, you know, kind of... feel the same-"

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:...and it turns out you were USING me!"

"Oh... Well... About that..." Dr. Death Ray took a step back, slow-ly. "I, um... I..."

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:"If this is what being a hero gets me, I'm done." Her face shifts, warps, becomes more bull-like. "I'm done trying to save ponies. The Windigo King has the right of it. The only way to save the world is to kill it."

"Woaaaah Nelly... Now... that's a bit harsh, don't ya-"

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:She turns a hateful gaze on the mad scientist. "Starting with you."

"Oh...Ohhhhhhh..." Dr. Death Ray took back to the air, shaking his head - again - slow-ly, "I... don't like where this is going..." He raised his hooves, defensively before him, "Look GL, I don't want to have to fight you - I... I didn't mean to hurt you... I... I just... I just-"

-And then the Lantern unleashed a vomit of energy that engulfed Death Ray in red flames. He felt a burning hatred overcome him and he screamed with pain and rage, losing control of his own green wings and spiraling back down to the ground, smashing into the frozen floor with enough force to crack it.

He lay on the ground spasming uncontrollably, the flames continuing to lick hungrily at his coat and mane. He screamed on and on as the agony consumed him, and all he could see was red.

Doctor?

Rage.

DOCTOR?

Only RAGE.

DOCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!

GREGG's voice echoed in the Doctor's mind, but Death Ray was too far off for the robot to reach, struggling in a land of memories... a land of nightmares... Red raging nightmares...

((I believe that Death Ray is stunned for a turn, right? He'll be reliving his childhood while he waits...Oh, and before I forget...))

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 am

[Yup, he's stunned.]

Halynn struggles to her hooves... then sees what she had wrought. Dr. Death Ray, writhing in agony, screaming in pain, eyes open but unseeing...

"Non," Halynn gasps, flying to his side. "Non, non, non! Qu'ai-je fait? Anneau, ce qui ne va pas avec lui?!"

Scanning... traces of dark magic and rage energy causing nightmarish visions.

"Puis-je arrêter ça?!"

Unknown.

"Come on, Death Ray," Halynn practically sobs. "Wake up. Please, please wake up... oh Celestia, what have I done?"

Prench Translation:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:28 am

"Maxim Thirty-One of the maxims of maximally effective mercenaries: Only cheaters prosper. Ye didn't pay me Lantern-huntin' fees, even if caused by an impotent construct whose worst power is asking nicely fer us teh hurt each other. Seriously, Icebox, ye be kinda lame, can't even show off yer powers. An' I don't even get an apology fer scortchin' me, that's comin' in as hazard pay! Now lets focus on the fray, ponies!"

statbar:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
"You," she spat venomously at the party. "I thought you were heroes. I thought you could be relied on. I trusted you!" Rage seethes through her, envelopes her voice. "Well, that was my mistake," she laughs bitterly.
Oh crud. This is a classic hero corrupt... Verana warned us of this.
Glaring at Healing Torch. "How can I trust somepony who can't even tell the truth when it's important? Who can't even trust officers of the law to be doing their job?!"
And with that, Torch's expression stiffened and shifted to one of anger. He didn't care if she was being controlled, she had struck a nerve.
"Hey, you don't know my reasons! You don't know anything about me! And the law, as you put it, fails more often than not. I should know, my entire town payed the price for the law's incompetence. Why don't you ask my father's corpse how much the law should be trusted? With that, he grimaced and sighted. Don't get upset Torch, it's not her talking, it's the dracolich. We have to stop him.
"If this is what being a hero gets me, I'm done." Her face shifts, warps, becomes more bull-like. "I'm done trying to save ponies. The Windigo King has the right of it. The only way to save the world is to kill it."

ba-BUM, ba-BUm, ba-BUM!

She turns a hateful gaze on the mad scientist. "Starting with you."

"We don't wanna fight you, Halynn, we wanna hel-" He was interrupted by Halynn's attack on the doctor. Oh jeez, that doesn't look good. I don't think I can help him much, and in this state, he might panic and hurt himself more. I better wait until he's lucid to heal him.
Lobber made his plea to the crowd, and a cloaked unicorn leapt out and body-slammed the dracolich, while Torch watched in stunned silence.
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:[Yup, he's stunned.]

Halynn struggles to her hooves... then sees what she had wrought. Dr. Death Ray, writhing in agony, screaming in pain, eyes open but unseeing...

"Non," Halynn gasps, flying to his side. "Non, non, non! Qu'ai-je fait? Anneau, ce qui ne va pas avec lui?!"

Scanning... traces of dark magic and rage energy causing nightmarish visions.

"Puis-je arrêter ça?!"

Unknown.

"Come on, Death Ray," Halynn practically sobs. "Wake up. Please, please wake up... oh Celestia, what have I done?"

Prench Translation:
"Halynn, don't blame yourself, it was the dracolich, not you. I'll do what I can to help him, I would advise going on the offensive. It's time to destroy this gigantic lizard." To hell with lucidity, I can't watch this anymore. With that, Healing Torch leaned over Death Ray, and white light misted out of his horn into the ailing scientist.
Cleansing Light:

Combat Stats:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 am

"On the first point I must disagree mind control tends to only bring out that deep down but on the second point I could not agree more now is the time to strike!" Ragnarok shouts before once again lashing out with lightning.

moves:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 am

tygerburningbright wrote:"On the first point I must disagree mind control tends to only bring out that deep down but on the second point I could not agree more now is the time to strike!" Ragnarok shouts before once again lashing out with lightning.

moves:
Healing Torch takes the hippogriff's attack as a distraction, and uses it to attempt some more healing magic on the Doc, but not before saying, "You know what, Raggy? If you don't shut the buck up, I may just side with the dragon long enough to burn you to ashes. Lay off Halynn, will you?" With that, Torch turned back to Death Ray and cast more white light on him.
Cleansing Light:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am

tygerburningbright wrote:[-10] Ancient Power(Royal Command)
You and up to four allies can take a Standard Action. If that action deals damage, it deals 1d8 additional damage.
torch, moss, land, and halynn

((What, right now?! That's awesome))

Mosstone stumbled up onto his feet, and tried to clear his vision, found he was unable to.

<Bother you, Mosstone,> he cursed silently. <You should've stopped and thought about that before you just charged in!>

Mosstone's Move:

((Aand I'm done for the evening. Good night!))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:45 am

Subjectz wrote:"Halynn, don't blame yourself, it was the dracolich, not you. I'll do what I can to help him, I would advise going on the offensive. It's time to destroy this gigantic lizard." To hell with lucidity, I can't watch this anymore. With that, Healing Torch leaned over Death Ray, and white light misted out of his horn into the ailing scientist.

"You... you're right." Halynn stands, ignoring the hippogryph, her ring granting her a bright green aura once more as she glares at the cryodemidracolich. "You've made a grave mistake, monster." Several drills burst from her ring and drill into the monster's eyes, eradicating them.

"Now it's personal."

Stab:

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 am

Lobber nods in satisfaction, using the distraction of fighting fire with fire trying to burn out the burning orbs that worked as "eyes", to hit the icy monster once more with his pick, over-reaching with the swing, spinning, and smacking him again with the back of the axe as he righted himself. "Construct, how about yea sod off, rest somewhere until yer feelin' better, and we can fight when you don't have a cold. Hah! Get it? Because he's made of ice."

Attack and OOC:

Status Block:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:30 pm

((If I'm gonna be stunned, I'm gonna be stunned in style))

As the others continued to battle on against the Windigo King, Dr. Death Ray watched on in another world - a world not in the present, but in the past...

The skies were tinted red, like a bloody sunset, and shades of brown, crimson, violet, and indigo covered the landscape as far as the eye could see.

The Doctor watched in silence as a younger version of himself, the colt that would become Death Ray, trudged through the brown-red grass. This pony's horn was still intact, but he didn't seem excited by that fact - his head down, his clops heavy, he had a look the Doctor recognized all too well... a look of failure and rejection...

He'd been picked on again at school. Beaten up. Laughed at. Called names.

"Loser!" "Nerd!" (and the Doctor's personal favorite) "Magebane" - names that echoed in the Doctor's head like black specters that wouldn't leave him be - that wasn't the worst of it though. Neigh. For today he'd tried out for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns...

Needless to say, he'd failed the magical aptitude test... again...

"I'm sorry, but you're not what we're looking for..."

"What's a Unicorn that can't use proper magic?"

"Definitely not gifted material..."

Gifted material...

Gifted Unicorns...

That Celestia, who did she think she was? To her, gifted meant magically inclined. Nothing more. Nothing less. Picking and choosing only the best and the brightest magic users? -Ridiculous. What about everypony else? Where did that leave them?

The Doctor supposed it left them just like him... out in the cold...

There was no school for the Not-So-Gifted Unicorns...

No school for the magically-inept...

No school for the outcasts...

And no school for him...

The Doctor's parents would ask how the tests had gone, but they didn't really care about him... They just cared about continuing the family tradition... a proud tradition of Gifted Unicorns.

"Such a disgrace..."

"You bring shame upon the family name..."

"You'll keep practicing and practicing and practicing until you get accepted to that school, do you hear me son?"

"You'll eat, sleep, and wear magic on your sleeves!"

They wanted everything to stay just the way things were - as status quo - but what was so quo about the status? Where did they get off deciding his fate? What if he didn't want to be a 'Gifted' Unicorn? What if he didn't want to be a part of Celestia's horrible school? What if he just wanted to be...

Death Ray grit his teeth as he watched his past self, his colt self, working harder and harder for something he didn't believe in, forced on by his parents, ridiculed by his classmates, rebuked by his teachers... The horn of his past self began to glow red, flashing brighter and brighter until the color flooded over his field of vision.

The Doctor heard a crack - something shattered - then there was the sound of an explosion. The red cleared from his vision and he saw his past self sprawled on the floor, his horn broken and destroyed.

He saw the herds swarming all around him, looking down upon him, laughing at his fate - for that's all that he was now - a laughing stock, a failure, a side show freak...

He rolled up into a ball as red flames erupted from the dark brown earth all around, closing in, roaring with rage and hunger, threatening to consume him, threatening to overtake him with their anger.

-But he wouldn't let them.

This was a buckin' dream after all!

White light broke through the red and he could hear the clash of blades and the sound of battle. GREGG's voice echoed through his head, calling his name - his real name. Not "Loser," or "Nerd," or "Magebane," - but DOCTOR.

DR. DEATH RAY!

Death Ray coughed and sputtered, the red energy flames finally receding and dying away - leaving his red lab coat blackened and his mane scorched.

"Internal scanners indicate his brainwaves are returning to normal! He's waking up!"

Dr. D looked up at the green Unicorn - what was his name again? - and GREGG hovering beside him. He looked past them and saw the others still fighting with the Dracolich. He looked down and saw the Dark Horse's controller lying on the ground next to his hoof.

The Doctor slid over on his side, grasped the controller, and slowly began punching in commands.

He glanced at the other Unicorn and nodded, then turned his attention back to his controller.

"GREGG?" He called out loud, "Begin... Begin charging the... Termination Beam..."

"Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir!"

As GREGG's eye flashed red and the Dark Horse unleashed another inaccurate volley of chaingun fire on the Windigo King, Dr. Death Ray grinned grimly, "I'll show him science..."

Dark Horse's attack:

Current Status:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:35 pm

As the assault rained down on the skeletal beast parts of it exploded into bone dust and mist under the strain, its front limbs falling from its body to the ground and shattering into millions of pieces as thick cracks loudly spread through the bone and ice of the creature's shell. The flame serpent continues to curl tighter. Even through the thick cloud raised by the debris you see the dragon beginning to reform from ice again. More slowly now however as the magic it exudes flares and sputters. One of its eye sockets reforms from the ice but the flame inside has not yet lit.

combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Land Lobber swings his pick at the dragon, but its more general to annoy than anything else. "Land the finishing blow with that device ye be so proud of, mate! We'll keep it occupied!" He barks with one harsh laugh at the Doctor.

Using The Captain's Pick on the Dark Horse (it can reroll any single die roll once per turn until end of combat).
Using Rampage:
Roll(1d4)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Mosstone's eyesight began to clear up in time to see a peculiar looking machine spraying bullets at the skeleton. He heard the same voice that originally pulled him into this mess.

"Land the finishing blow with that device ye be so proud of, mate!

He decided he ought to follow suite; the strange machine seemed to be doing much more damage than he could.

"Come on, finish this before it finishes us!"

Mosstone:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Halynn takes half a second to be relieved at Death Ray's voice, then refocuses on destroying the cursed creature in front of her.

Dark Horse is powering up, she realizes. Need to distract him.

Emerald beams begin raining down on the dragon from every direction, individually weak but collectively irritating. With any luck, the demon would neglect the Dark Horse in favor of attacking her.

Stab:

Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 am

Healing Torch watched Death Ray nod at him, then hit more buttons on his controller. I wouldn't recommend him moving that much, but this isn't really the time to nitpick, I'll patch him up better when the dracolich was ashes.He grinned when the dragon stumbled. I'm glad that flame serpent spell is working so well, I was worried for a moment there! He'll be dead soon enough. Noticing that Lobber looked a little injured, he turned to him and yelled, "Hey Lobber, see if this helps!", firing a blast of white light at him.
Cleansing Light:

Combat Stats:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am

once again Ragnarok attempts to bind the dragon with lightning this time the lightning effects her as well as the dragon.

combat:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next