Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 24 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  Dr Blight Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 am

The three pairs of eyes in the dark blink, they turn to look at each other and seem to bicker, making little barks and whines before finally turning towards Torch again. "Nip!""Wag!""Ruff!""Rockpaw!" The three answer one at a time in short, almost bark-like responses before saying the last part simultaneously. "Crazy ponies be Mosstone-" "and Healing Torch" The three sets of eyes nod simultaneously in the dark. "Doctor be coming soon. You wait." The eyes nod again, though more vigorously and out of sync this time.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:48 am

Doctor? Maybe I should just wait and explain it to this Doctor, these guys don't seem the smartest. "Uh, How long is soon? I really don't wanna spend the rest of the night in this jacket and muzzle. Also, how did you happen to know our names?" Just keep calm, don't panic, you can do this.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 am

"Soon is soon." "When done with patients." "There be lots new patients." "Attack at museum." "busy busy!" "helping hurt ponies." "Call in more doctors from home." The three are silent for a moment. "You told us names." "Just moments ago." "Is how we knew." "Relax." "Crazy pony not thinking straight." "deep breaths." "Be safe here."

((that's all for me for tonight. Give others a chance to post too and I need to sleep anyway.))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 am

Healing Torch mentally berates himself. BUCK, the lack of sleep is getting to me. I'm just gonna nod off until the doctor... Gets... here. His head tilted and light snores were heard from him.
((That'll be it for me too. GN everypony!))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 am

The moment that Ragnarok realizes that the other two professors are not with her she stops dead in her tracks. They didn't follow me... If I fly straight back to the museum I should make better time than walking. Ragnarok then beats her wings taking off.
if they are still there:
roll:

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 am

Dr Blight wrote:The diamond dogs fall atop both of you with a heavy thud. Wrapping you up in the straight jackets with deft paws and quick motions learned from tackling insane patients many a time before. In short order belts are secured and muzzles are in place, allowing you to talk but not bite as they carry you away. One diamond dog holding each of you in their paws while the last helpfully carries your possessions behind you. Moments later you're both deposited on beds in a recovery room as the diamond dogs strap you into the beds and sit in the corner, watching you, their bright yellow eyes easily visible in the otherwise dark room.

Mosstone was flat out too tired to bother dodging, though even in his current state of mind he could tell what was going on.

"I TOLD you they'd hear us! I tried to hide us from them! But did you listen? Noooo!" he berated his friend in a sarcastic voice.

Subjectz wrote:"Um, sirs, I think this is all a big misunderstanding,"

"No, I'd say they got it right," the older unicorn quipped, his head starting to clear ever so slightly for a moment. "Do they have oatmeal here? I think I'd like oatmeal tomorrow... wait a minute, oatmeal, are you crazy? Yeah, I think sooo..." he trailed off as a tremendous yawn forced him to droop off to sleep...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 am

After noticing that they weren't behind her, Ragnarok makes it back to the area where she was speaking with her two fellow professors in half the time, however there's no sign of the minotaur or dragoness. Most of the lights in the museum are off now. The doors and the hole in the upper floor covered by tarp and police tape. The area around the museum seems to be deserted at this hour except for the guards on post and a lone pink unicorn mare sitting across the street from the museum, simply watching it quietly while a dark green pegasus stallion sits beside her.
Healing Torch and Mosstone drift off into a light sleep as they wait. They're not sure how much time has passed when they feel light against their eyelids suddenly. As you wake, you blink your eyes a few times to clear the sleep from them, you notice the lights in the room have been turned on. Now illuminated, you can see that the three diamond dogs who brought you in are sitting in a corner. All three have varying shades of brown scruffy coat and two are sitting at the sudden kind of attention you put on when your boss is in the room. The last appears to have fallen asleep, snoring loudly as it leans against the other two. A quick elbow to the side wakes the sleeper up who looks around confused before noticing something and snapping to the same kind of stage attention. Following their gaze you notice a new figure in the room, a fourth diamond dog. Unlike the other three this one is wearing blue medical scrubs under a labcoat. It's about as tall at the other three but thinner, and it's black and copper coat makes it vaguely resemble a doberman dog. "So you're the ones who started hallucinating in the lobby?" The newcomer, who you can only assume is the doctor, asks in more even tone than the 'nails-on-chalkboard' whine the other three in the room seem to speak in.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:22 am

"Mm-hmm. Weird stuff happens once you hit the 24-hour sleep-dep mark. Especially when there's a mild concussion in the mix. I'll admit it; that was all me. He just got caught in the middle," Mosstone explained, indicating Torch with a tilt of his head.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:48 am

"Now wait a moment, Doctor, I happen to be a doctor myself.. well... a recent graduate of Medical School, and I can't speak for my colleague here, but I don't appreciate being tied up and restrained by three, no offense, gigantic Diamond Dogs. Is there any way we could be untied and un-muzzled?" and maybe left here to sleep? I don't think I could walk anymore.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 pm

"Sure there is," Mosstone said. "You're a unicorn. You're pony-kinetic. We COULD undo those straps. They just wouldn't... *yaaaawwwn* appreciate it too much," he quipped sleepily, stating the obvious.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Dr Blight wrote:After noticing that they weren't behind her, Ragnarok makes it back to the area where she was speaking with her two fellow professors in half the time, however there's no sign of the minotaur or dragoness. Most of the lights in the museum are off now. The doors and the hole in the upper floor covered by tarp and police tape. The area around the museum seems to be deserted at this hour except for the guards on post and a lone pink unicorn mare sitting across the street from the museum, simply watching it quietly while a dark green pegasus stallion sits beside her.

I should have know that they would not have stayed but they can take care of themselves. Now it getting even later and I am getting even more tired. Ragnarok lets out a sigh If I walk it is doubtful the hotel will still be open so I must fly

rolls:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Grey Pen wrote:"Sure there is," Mosstone said. "You're a unicorn. You're pony-kinetic. We COULD undo those straps. They just wouldn't... *yaaaawwwn* appreciate it too much," he quipped sleepily, stating the obvious.
Healing Torch glares at Mosstone. "Mosstone, SHUT UP!" He turned to the lead Diamond Dog and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry about my friend here, he's not in his right mind. So, umm... about those straps..."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 pm

"Out of my mind, indeed," Mosstone said crabbily. "I told you they were coming, and what did you say? 'Oh, he's just imagining things!' And then guess what? THEY CAME! Gasp! Seriously, we wanted some beds, we got tied down TO them, and now you won't go... to... sleeeepp..." he drifted off again, following his own advice and getting some well-needed rest...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

"Hmm, maybe. But I hope you won't take it personally if I do a quick check for myself." The doctor responded, snapping fingers by Moss's ears before holding one Mosses eyes open with one paw and shining a light in it for a moment with the other. "If we just took everyponies word for it as to how they were, all our beds would be full of ponies convinced they have Rare Zebrican Wandering Blood Disease, while all the asylums would be empty because the patients were pretty sure they weren't crazy." The doctor wrapped one large paw around the bottom of Moss's jaw and applied a little pressure to the sides, forcing his mouth to open and shining the light inside. A second later the light was put away and a cotton swab produced, dabbing it on Moss's tongue before letting go of him completely. "If you're convinced that the cause is exhaustion then by all means sleep. Whatever the case may be, a little sleep almost certainly wouldn't hurt. And please don't mess around with the straps. We'd really rather not have to use any medications on you if we don't have to." That done the diamond dog walked over to Torch and began running the same tests on him, snapping by his ears, shining the light in his eyes and mouth, then getting a saliva sample. "Well doctor, than surely you know that a medical degree does not make you immune to illness, nor does it make you any less potentially dangerous if you ARE ill. I apologize for the rough treatment but we do have to consider safety. Regardless you both seem to pass the sensory examination. I'll have to run these samples through the lab to be sure, but I'd place my bets that those straps will be removed within the hour." With that, the doctor turned, the little saliva samples held in marked plastic cases in each paw. "So unless there's anything else...?"
With a beat of her wings, Ragnarok turns and heads for the hotel, shaking away any exhaustion she might have for the moment. Flying over the relatively small buildings instead of following the winding streets makes the trip much quicker, and in short order she's circling over the Ocean View hotel. As she turns in for a landing, she can still see lights on through the glass doors leading to the lobby of the hotel.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:44 am

Healing Torch visibly relaxed. "Thanks Doc. I guess we're a bit stressed, what with fending off murderous cultists and the like."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Dr Blight wrote: With a beat of her wings, Ragnarok turns and heads for the hotel, shaking away any exhaustion she might have for the moment. Flying over the relatively small buildings instead of following the winding streets makes the trip much quicker, and in short order she's circling over the Ocean View hotel. As she turns in for a landing, she can still see lights on through the glass doors leading to the lobby of the hotel.

Ragnarok lands and walks into the Hotel lobby. So it is still open after all... She then goes over to the nearest open lobby desk with a employe. “Pardon me but are there any rooms still available?”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:21 pm

"It has been a stressful day for everypony." the doctor sighs before leaving the room.
"I'm sorry! one moment please!" a voice calls out from deeper inside. "Hello! And welcome to the Ocean View Hotel!" a voice greets cheerfully from inside as you enter the building. Looking around for the source, you notice the interior is themed on blues and greens. A fountain statue in the center of the lobby made to look like a seapony playing with dolphins. The lobby itself seems very plain, except for an aquarium-like feature running all across the walls, going up stairs, around corners, a tunnel along the walls of the building filled with water and small fish. A soft splashing sound from around the other side of the statue draws your attention. Making the entire building appear to be part of the sea, soft lights inside bathing the entire room in a rippling blue glow. The reception area appears to be completely empty at first, but once you call out there's a thud from a simple black round counter across the room and after a few moments a blue-green unicorn pony with a green mane pokes her head out and looks around. "Hello? No!...I mean yes!...umm... there are rooms! Who's there?" She asks a little flustered.
Halynn smiled to herself, finding the effort the 'good' doctor was going through somewhat endearing. "Vous regardez très beau." She said with a small giggle before nodding in agreement. "Oui, lets be off good sir!" As they'd planned the two went around the building, coming back around from another side. As they approached, they noticed the griffin from before had moved further up the steps and seemed to be looking around for something. He turned for a moment, looking at Halynn and Dr. Death Ray but quickly went back to looking for something. The griffin stepped out of the way absentmindedly as they turned towards the club and descended the stairs. "It looks like our plan succ-ngh!" All of a sudden Halynn felt as if she had just had something landed on her, stumbling and falling to the ground with the sudden disorientation. She shook her head slightly trying to clear the strange pressure on the back of her mind as she looked behind her to see nothing had happened, but her ears began to twitch slightly towards some sound even she could detect but couldn't quite pick up. She picked herself up off the floor and looked around once more, noticing the griffin looking down at them from the top of the stairs curious and concerned, before turning towards Dr. D and nodding towards him. "Sorry, I don't know quite what came over me. Shall we proceed?"

Prench Translation:

Last edited by Dr Blight on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to color some text)
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Dr Blight wrote:[color=darkred]"I'm sorry! one moment please!" a voice calls out from deeper inside. "Hello! And welcome to the Ocean View Hotel!" a voice greets cheerfully from inside as you enter the building. Looking around for the source, you notice the interior is themed on blues and greens. A fountain statue in the center of the lobby made to look like a seapony playing with dolphins. The lobby itself seems very plain, except for an aquarium-like feature running all across the walls, going up stairs, around corners, a tunnel along the walls of the building filled with water and small fish. A soft splashing sound from around the other side of the statue draws your attention. Making the entire building appear to be part of the sea, soft lights inside bathing the entire room in a rippling blue glow. The reception area appears to be completely empty at first, but once you call out there's a thud from a simple black round counter across the room and after a few moments a blue-green unicorn pony with a green mane pokes her head out and looks around. "Hello? No!...I mean yes!...umm... there are rooms! Who's there?" She asks a little flustered

Ragnarok walks over to the Unicorn to speak with her."I would be Ragnarok. Now you say there are room available but is there some sort of problem? If there is not a issue I am willing and able to pay for a room."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Dr Blight wrote:All of a sudden Halynn felt as if she had just had something landed on her, stumbling and falling to the ground with the sudden disorientation. She shook her head slightly trying to clear the strange pressure on the back of her mind as she looked behind her to see nothing had happened, but her ears began to twitch slightly towards some sound even she could detect but couldn't quite pick up. She picked herself up off the floor and looked around once more, noticing the griffin looking down at them from the top of the stairs curious and concerned, before turning towards Dr. D and nodding towards him. "Sorry, I don't know quite what came over me. Shall we proceed?"

Dr. Death Ray looked at Halynn with more than a small amount of concern. "That was... uh... a bit of a spill there. Are you sure you're okay?" Then on second thought, the Doctor added, "You could still be hurt from the fight. Maybe... maybe GREGG should run a scan for internal injuries?"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 am

Dr Blight wrote:"It has been a stressful day for everypony." the doctor sighs before leaving the room.
Healing Torch laid back, and glanced at Mosstone's sleeping form. Dang, I wish I could sleep as well as him. Welp, all that's left is to get these straps off, then it's off to Luna's domain with me. And so he waited.
((What he said.))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 am

"Oh no, there's no problem! I j-just dropped my glasses is all..." The unicorn stutters out. "it's alright though, I just...umm.. I just need your signature is all please?" She asks as she fumbles around with a stack of papers, bringing her face really close to try and make out what they are. After a few moments of bumbling about with sheets, and dropping quite a few on the floor, she finally pulls one out and slides it across the counter to Ragnarok. "It's...umm... 60 bits for an individual night, or 100 bits if you book over a full weekend. Please sign here." She manages to squeak out before turning to a board on the wall with various keys on hooks. Squinting at them slightly before levitating one off and returning to the counter.

A couple hours pass with nothing but the sound of the clocks ticking and one of the diamond dogs in the corner snoring filling the room. At last the Doctor enters the room again and begins to undo the straps. The two still awake diamond dogs jumping up, ignoring the loud thud from the third hitting the floor, and proceed to the other bed. "You're still awake? You should really have just gone to sleep doctor. I could do this without disturbing your rest." The doctor says as she works.

"Je vais bien... that is... I am fine. Merci. I just feel a little dizzy." She replied somewhat haltingly before beginning to walk into the club, stopping for a moment to let him catch up. The club itself was very reminiscent of a 50's nightclub. Ponies in somewhat loosened office-wear sitting at shiny black tables and chairs with white tablecloths and a small napkin holder in the center. Some of them even appear to actually be wearing old-timey fedoras and suits. Servers in white button-up shirts and black vest move around between the tables, taking orders, bringing food, or cleaning up as needed. The small club doesn't appear to be particularly packed tonight and in short order one of the servers, a young griffon, leads the both of you to a table.

The lights dim as across the room, a spot light shines on the stage. The band, consisting of a diamond dog in a turtleneck and beret, a zebra in a pinstripe suit with the tie worn loose, and an earth pony dressed similarly to the servers start a short intro while a bat-pony mare in a glimmering evening dress takes a few deep breaths waiting for her cue before beginning to sing. As Halynn takes a seat at the table she'd been guided to she occasionally looks around, her ears twitching in different directions as if trying to catch a sound.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Dr Blight wrote:A couple hours pass with nothing but the sound of the clocks ticking and one of the diamond dogs in the corner snoring filling the room. At last the Doctor enters the room again and begins to undo the straps. The two still awake diamond dogs jumping up, ignoring the loud thud from the third hitting the floor, and proceed to the other bed. "You're still awake? You should really have just gone to sleep doctor. I could do this without disturbing your rest." The doctor says as she works.

"Nomyshlp," Mosstone muttered, his horn glowing slightly as the straps seemed to undo themselves. "Prciseponknsis, m'foot..." He rolled over onto his side, stretching his legs out without bothering to take the jacket off the rest of the way as he drifted into another dream...

Mosstone saw himself as a small blank flank, following his mother down what was now an all too familiar path; but, as he recalled, was new and frightening at the time.

"Why are we going into the Everfree, Momma?" he asked in the high pitched voice of a slightly frightened child. "Mister Rolled Scroll said we shouldn't ever go in there!"

The brown coated mare looked down lovingly at her foal with big green eyes. "I told you dear, we're just going to visit Zacharias and pick up some of Daddy's favorite tea," she explained patiently, ever the angel of kindness. Her curled green hair bobbed ever so slightly as she periodically checked her surroundings; a habit she had firmly hammered into Mosstone's head. "It's perfectly alright to come here, dear, as long as we're very careful. But, you mustn't come here without me until you're a little older, okay?" She smiled sweetly from under her hooded eyes before continuing to walk...

And of course it was. Momma was always right about such things. Momma was perfect, how could she not be?

((The character development will continue until plot progression improves!))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Dr Blight wrote:"Oh no, there's no problem! I j-just dropped my glasses is all..." The unicorn stutters out. "it's alright though, I just...umm.. I just need your signature is all please?" She asks as she fumbles around with a stack of papers, bringing her face really close to try and make out what they are. After a few moments of bumbling about with sheets, and dropping quite a few on the floor, she finally pulls one out and slides it across the counter to Ragnarok. "It's...umm... 60 bits for an individual night, or 100 bits if you book over a full weekend. Please sign here." She manages to squeak out before turning to a board on the wall with various keys on hooks. Squinting at them slightly before levitating one off and returning to the counter.

Ragnarok picks up a pen in her talons signs her name and places down 120 bits asking “Would it be troublesome if I were to reserve a room for two... friends of mine? A Zebra nearly certainly dressed in green and a pink Unicorn with a broken horn with the name of Ray.”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Dr Blight wrote:
A couple hours pass with nothing but the sound of the clocks ticking and one of the diamond dogs in the corner snoring filling the room. At last the Doctor enters the room again and begins to undo the straps. The two still awake diamond dogs jumping up, ignoring the loud thud from the third hitting the floor, and proceed to the other bed. "You're still awake? You should really have just gone to sleep doctor. I could do this without disturbing your rest." The doctor says as she works.
Healing Torch grins sleepily. "I know, I just have a bit of a problem with... confinement, you could say." With the straps off, the last thing keeping Torch up is gone, and he lays back. "Guess I should... Get some rest... gotta be ready for... anything.
Torch falls into a deep sleep, and begins to dream...
Torch's sleep, alas, is not a good one, as mocking visions and haunting specters fill his mind, shifting and melting away. And then he sees him.
((From here until DB says so, Torch is out cold. Following Grey's example.))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Flames. Cries of anguish. A binding loneliness. And now a cold breeze haunted his dreams as Mosstone relived another scene in his life...

He was an Apploosan colt now; taller, longer, somewhat spindly. A woolen cloak covered his flanks, only recently freed of bandaging. He could just hear his aunt and another pony upstairs talking. Luckily his three cousins were away at soccer practice today; he could listen in peace as they decided his fate.

There was his aunt. A nervous, not quite squeaky voice.

"I've been working with him! Sure, he's a little slow, but he could do wonders if he were under the right teacher."

"Maybe. Maybe not. From what I've seen of him, I don't personally believe we have the right teacher. His father Swirlmane may have been one of our star pupils, but I just don't think his son has followed suit."

"But he's worked so hard! I'VE worked so hard! You have to at least give him a chance!"

"Actually, I don't. It's Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns. Emphasis on Gifted. Mosstone doesn't seem to be even enthused, let alone gifted." The green colt breathed a sigh of relief. Truth be told, he wasn't interested at all; he already felt he knew plenty of magic. He had worked hard; and thoroughly hated it. He already knew what his special talent was, even if his cutie mark could no longer proclaim it proudly...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next