Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

+4
Appkes
SilentBelle
Masterweaver
Cardbo
8 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 16 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  SilentBelle Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:27 am

Golden Spike raises an eyebrow at that. "No, not really. Still, I feel kinda bad about breaking that 'thing', whatever the 'thing' was."

(OOC: Quick, let us escape at a leisurely pace!)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 16 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:33 am

SilentBelle wrote:Golden Spike raises an eyebrow at that. "No, not really. Still, I feel kinda bad about breaking that 'thing', whatever the 'thing' was."

"I guess so." Miracle sighs and sits, staring out the window.

(OOC: Yes, let's! Hopefully moving on to another cool thing for interesting people!)
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 am

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:
SilentBelle wrote:Golden Spike raises an eyebrow at that. "No, not really. Still, I feel kinda bad about breaking that 'thing', whatever the 'thing' was."

"I guess so." Miracle sighs and sits, staring out the window.

(OOC: Yes, let's! Hopefully moving on to another cool thing for interesting people!)

As you drive away at an exceedingly leisurely pace, not further happens. After another few hours of driving, you reach a small tent settlement. Everywhere ponies can be seen milling about, but there's something a bit strange about them. You're still far away, but near enough to see the camp.

----

Cardbo wrote:

"Sorry, for the earlier tone, but I've been captive of the diamond dogs and their leader for awhile now, and it been getting to me. I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Boomer Capsule, and the current predicament is sort of my fault."

"You see I was looking for the Solar Orbs. While looking for them, I came across a deep cave, where underneath, in the farthest depths was a Diamond Dog settlement. There leader, who styles himself Emperor Poochini, I tried talking my way out of it, but now they want the Solar Orbs as well. And I'd really like to get out of here, Thank you very much."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:02 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"Sorry, for the earlier tone, but I've been captive of the diamond dogs and the leader for awhile now, and it been getting to me. I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Boomer Capsule, and the current predicament is sort of my fault."
"Well, we've got Just Desserst," replies Khaarazite, pointing to each group member as he lists them, "Tea Time, Monkey Tail, Cueball," but when his hoof pointed at the two ponies he was unfamiliar with, he asks them "Erm, what's your name? نام؟"

Translation:

"خود مختار یونٹ اسٹیل دل تین، تیسرے خود کار بٹالین سکاؤٹ", STL said.
Botlog:
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Cardbo wrote:"You see I was looking for the Solar Orbs. While looking for them, I came across a deep cave, where underneath, in the farthest depths was a Diamond Dog settlement. There leader, who styles himself Emperor Poochini, I tried talking my way out of it, but now they want the Solar Orbs as well. And I'd really like to get out of here, Thank you very much."
"Well, we kinda need to get an orb back before helping you get out. How hard would that be?"

Appkes wrote:"خود مختار یونٹ اسٹیل دل تین، تیسرے خود کار بٹالین سکاؤٹ", STL said.
Botlog:
While Khaarazite now had a name for this unusual creature, he wonders what kind of name Stl Hrt is. Maybe introducing it won't that necessary...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 pm

"Hmm, strange ponies, that's what my gut tells me... But I can't put my hoof on why they are strange..." Golden Spike muses aloud. "Say, Miracle, do you think those ponies out there are friendly? I'm getting a bad feeling, and it's not motion-sickness."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm

"I have no idea, pony." Miracle shrugs. "Though I guess they are a little creepy-looking. Maybe you could observe them from the air?"
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"I have no idea, pony." Miracle shrugs. "Though I guess they are a little creepy-looking. Maybe you could observe them from the air?"

"Yeah... I suppose I could." Golden Spike opened the door and quickly took to the air. Flying up toward the strange ponies, flying as close as he has to in order to figure out what's so weird about these ponies. He hoping that he'd be able to figure it out, though he wasn't sure what he was looking for.
OOC: Perception (I'm so good at these)
1d20 + 5 = 8 + 5 = 13
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"I have no idea, pony." Miracle shrugs. "Though I guess they are a little creepy-looking. Maybe you could observe them from the air?"

"Yeah... I suppose I could." Golden Spike opened the door and quickly took to the air. Flying up toward the strange ponies, flying as close as he has to in order to figure out what's so weird about these ponies. He hoping that he'd be able to figure it out, though he wasn't sure what he was looking for.
OOC: Perception (I'm so good at these)
1d20 + 5 = 8 + 5 = 13

OOC:Somepony want to roll to assist here?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Miracle cranes her head and stares, hoping to see what's up as well.

[Perception: 9+8=17]
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:44 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:Miracle cranes her head and stares, hoping to see what's up as well.

[Perception: 9+8=17]

It seems like the ponies are covered in armor, from nose to flank and ears to hoof, with no exposed flesh.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"Well, we kinda need to get an orb back before helping you get out. How hard would that be?"
"The orb from the town above was taken by a creature in some sort of... metal suit. I believe it went through a door in the chamber we came in by."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:23 pm

"Hey, Spike!" yells Miracle. "I dunno what you can see, but these guys look heavily armored and possibly suspicious! Should we check them out?"
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Lightning Decaf awoke with a yawn as the caravan slowed to a stop. Looking out the window, she witnessed many ponies covered in metal plates, wandering in and out of various canvas structures. She immediately wondered why they would wear so much metal, why they would live under a canvas instead of in a cart, and most critically how was she going to figure all of that out?

"What's that?" she asked, getting Miracle's attention before pointing at the whole spectacle. Though she suspected she wasn't going to get quite the answer she wanted...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Hey, Spike!" yells Miracle. "I dunno what you can see, but these guys look heavily armored and possibly suspicious! Should we check them out?"

"Armour in this heat? Those are some tough ponies. I think we should say 'Hi' to them. What's the worst that could happen?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Hey, Spike!" yells Miracle. "I dunno what you can see, but these guys look heavily armored and possibly suspicious! Should we check them out?"

"Armour in this heat? Those are some tough ponies. I think we should say 'Hi' to them. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Violent dismemberment!" Miracle grins. "Let's check it out anyway!"

She has a vivid imagination.

Grey Pen wrote:Lightning Decaf awoke with a yawn as the caravan slowed to a stop. Looking out the window, she witnessed many ponies covered in metal plates, wandering in and out of various canvas structures. She immediately wondered why they would wear so much metal, why they would live under a canvas instead of in a cart, and most critically how was she going to figure all of that out?

"What's that?" she asked, getting Miracle's attention before pointing at the whole spectacle. Though she suspected she wasn't going to get quite the answer she wanted...

"Frankly, Decaf, I don't have any idea. Looks like ponies in armor-" - she points to the ponies in metal plates - "Who live in tents." Another jab, towards the tents.
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Decaf cocked her head at the mare's explanation. "Frankly". "Poniesinarmor". "Tents".

Wait a minute; maybe "Poniesinarmor" was several words, given the way it was pronounced. She broke it down into "ponies", "in", and "armor". "In" was obviously a connecting sound, meant to associate one with the other. But which word meant the metal plating, and which one meant the ones who wore it?

And then there were several other words that clawed at her. "Looks". "Who". "Live". What did those mean?

Her meditation was cut short as her head suddenly screamed at her once again as a new memory forced it's way to the surface. A single word, spoken with a desire for meaning, her tongue mindlessly obeying that desire, and said...

"Why?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Decaf cocked her head at the mare's explanation. "Frankly". "Poniesinarmor". "Tents".

Wait a minute; maybe "Poniesinarmor" was several words, given the way it was pronounced. She broke it down into "ponies", "in", and "armor". "In" was obviously a connecting sound, meant to associate one with the other. But which word meant the metal plating, and which one meant the ones who wore it?

And then there were several other words that clawed at her. "Looks". "Who". "Live". What did those mean?

Her meditation was cut short as her head suddenly screamed at her once again as a new memory forced it's way to the surface. A single word, spoken with a desire for meaning, her tongue mindlessly obeying that desire, and said...

"Why?"

Miracle considers how to explain. Then she bangs an exposed metal pipe. "Armor."

She taps her own head, and Decaf. "Ponies."

But the last comment, "why", escapes her. "Why? Um..."

She takes a moment, then leans out the window. "Spike, you handle this one and I'll keep an eye on the possibly deadly armor ponies."
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:"You see I was looking for the Solar Orbs. While looking for them, I came across a deep cave, where underneath, in the farthest depths was a Diamond Dog settlement. There leader, who styles himself Emperor Poochini, I tried talking my way out of it, but now they want the Solar Orbs as well. And I'd really like to get out of here, Thank you very much."
"Well, we kinda need to get an orb back before helping you get out. How hard would that be?"

"Welll...we could try stealing it. A couple of diamond dogs owe me favors, though I'd rather not get them in trouble if it can be avoided. There's always the direct route of fighting them for it. Despite the size of this place, a lot of it is empty. There are maybe 50-60 diamond dogs in total. I doubt diplomacy would work. Poochini's a bit of a megamomaniac and I doubt we'd have anything to offer in exchange for the orb."

kajisora wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:"Well, we kinda need to get an orb back before helping you get out. How hard would that be?"
"The orb from the town above was taken by a creature in some sort of... metal suit. I believe it went through a door in the chamber we came in by. "

"Oh yes. The power armors. They're from this place's armory. Like the drilling fortress itself, I'm not sure where they come from either. The orb is probably in one of the upper level treasure vaults by now.

At this point you hear a loud rumbling.

"We seem to be moving again."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 am

Golden Spike flies near the armoured ponies, though he makes sure to keep his distance in case they are some sort of bandits. They're in armour, I can totally fly away if things get out of control. Kind of like when my brother got mad at me for skipping out on chores back at the farm.

"Uh, hey, guys, up here! So, um, what are the lot of you guys doing out here?"
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 am

SilentBelle wrote:Golden Spike flies near the armoured ponies, though he makes sure to keep his distance in case they are some sort of bandits. They're in armour, I can totally fly away if things get out of control. Kind of like when my brother got mad at me for skipping out on chores back at the farm.

One of them. this one with armor with red highlights, says in a strangely monotone voice. "Halt, intruder. Identify yourself and state your business."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:16 am

Cardbo wrote:
SilentBelle wrote:Golden Spike flies near the armoured ponies, though he makes sure to keep his distance in case they are some sort of bandits. They're in armour, I can totally fly away if things get out of control. Kind of like when my brother got mad at me for skipping out on chores back at the farm.

One of them. this one with armor with red highlights, says in a strangely monotone voice. "Halt, intruder. Identify yourself and state your business."

"Hey that's not fair, I asked first, and I'm not intruding, I'm just flying by for, you know, a friendly chat. Oh, and I'm Golden Spike, but you can just call me Spike, that's what most ponies tend to do. So, what's your name, and what are ya doing out here, all dressed in armor?" Golden Spike does comply with coming to a hovering halt, out of reach from ground-bound ponies.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:27 pm

SilentBelle wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

"Hey that's not fair, I asked first, and I'm not intruding, I'm just flying by for, you know, a friendly chat. Oh, and I'm Golden Spike, but you can just call me Spike, that's what most ponies tend to do. So, what's your name, and what are ya doing out here, all dressed in armor?" Golden Spike does comply with coming to a hovering halt, out of reach from ground-bound ponies.

"Irrelevant question." He turns to another pony clad in armor. "Inform the General we have a visitor."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Cardbo wrote:
"Welll...we could try stealing it. A couple of diamond dogs owe me favors, though I'd rather not get them in trouble if it can be avoided. There's always the direct route of fighting them for it. Despite the size of this place, a lot of it is empty. There are maybe 50-60 diamond dogs in total. I doubt diplomacy would work. Poochini's a bit of a megamomaniac and I doubt we'd have anything to offer in exchange for the orb."]
"Honestly, I'd rather not fight the whole group if possible... we had enough trouble against just a few. Stealing it might be easier.
Just... how well do you know this place?"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:21 am

kajisora wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
"Welll...we could try stealing it. A couple of diamond dogs owe me favors, though I'd rather not get them in trouble if it can be avoided. There's always the direct route of fighting them for it. Despite the size of this place, a lot of it is empty. There are maybe 50-60 diamond dogs in total. I doubt diplomacy would work. Poochini's a bit of a megamomaniac and I doubt we'd have anything to offer in exchange for the orb."]
"Honestly, I'd rather not fight the whole group if possible... we had enough trouble against just a few. Stealing it might be easier.
Just... how well do you know this place?"

"I don't know it so well. I think I can call in some favors to get a map of the area, though. You can rest in here in the next room over in the mean time."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next