Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

+12
Yawnmon
Xel Unknown
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Grey Pen The Flawed
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
tygerburningbright
elfowlgirl
Caden2112
LoganAura
SilentBelle
16 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 4 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:53 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:and he is prehaps the only person on the forum that everyone likes.

Yeah, this is probably it.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent - Page 4 Empty Re: Signup and OOC for SilentBelle's Campaign - An Arctic Advent

Post  Cardbo Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:55 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:and he is prehaps the only person on the forum that everyone likes.

My campaign took more than a month to get off the ground. What does this say about me? Sad

/sad panda playing world's tiniest violin
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Alright, so that fills up the slots. Glenrir, Nihil, and Wave Rider. Sorry to everyone that wanted in Sad

The only issue I have is with Nihil. I feel like the racial:

Shadowborn (1): Umbral Dragon

Umbral dragons can see through any sort of darkness, magical or mundane, so long as it is less powerful than an adult umbral dragon’s breath. Umbral dragons can also breathe puffs of cloying darkness at will. Outside of combat, any creature caught within a puff of darkness is blinded, takes a -3 penalty to all skill checks, and must make a DC 25 Endurance check or fall asleep for 1d4+1 hours.

Is a little too powerful for a 1 point racial. I think I'll cut off the ability to cause sleeping. It can still blind though, and blinding will cause a -5 to most skill checks. Also when using a puff of darkness on a creature, they'll have a chance to escape it with a DC 25 Acrobatics check. (It'll be harder for them to dodge if you catch 'em by surprise)

I hope that's okay with you Smile

I'll go over the characters again later tonight and address any further concerns then Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Cardbo wrote:

My campaign took more than a month to get off the ground. What does this say about me? Sad

I don't know what it says about you, but I do know that it says that if I started up a game and the trend continnues, it would take three months to fill.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm

I miss the days when a cutie mark was a pony thing
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:44 pm

When I was young, Minotaurs had 11 points worth of build! *shakes cane*
Things were grossly unbalanced and we liked it that way! *loses fake teeth*

Aww, whewe diz xose go? Ah. *Teeth back* Where was I? Oh yes, the important thing is I had an onion at my belt!

...Who has a cutie mark but shouldn't? EDIT: Oh, the fox and the dragon. Well, treat 'em like Expert Skills. I didn't see anything in either description that made a tattoo on their plots part of their core identity...
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Thoses were the days thoses were the days... cup of tea and a round of golf?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 pm

SilentBelle wrote:Is a little too powerful for a 1 point racial. I think I'll cut off the ability to cause sleeping. It can still blind though, and blinding will cause a -5 to most skill checks. Also when using a puff of darkness on a creature, they'll have a chance to escape it with a DC 25 Acrobatics check. (It'll be harder for them to dodge if you catch 'em by surprise)

I hope that's okay with you Smile
Alrighty, I thought I might need to change that anyways. Updated that on my sheet. Thanks for having me Very Happy
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:

Yeah, this is probably it.
Totally this. Belle is nicest person on the forum.

I'm not sure if game filling up speed means anything though. My first game took a while to get players and only just recently has a 5th player again, while my more recent one got 7 faster than I could spit.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Not everyone likes me? :'(
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Cardbo wrote:My campaign took more than a month to get off the ground. What does this say about me? Sad

Gimme that, I want a turn!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I think it depends on both the GM and the campaign premess that shows off what you going to get. But this one was drawn in by just Belle being Belle. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:19 am

Alright, I double checked it all. It all looks good to me. Just one thing, if you want to make a back-story for your character, Logan, that would be awesome Smile It can be very simple if you want.

Aside form that, there is only one other thought that comes to mind.

Do you guys want to have battle include the optional use of a minor action to switch combat talents or not?

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know. I should have the actual campaign thread up on Saturday, maybe earlier. (Now to get back to finishing off some of the details.)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 am

Blood Mage's backstory: Lotsa bullying for being a hemomancer, but he looks on the bright side. Traveler. That's all he reveals. *POOF* tada.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 am

LoganAura wrote:Blood Mage's backstory: Lotsa bullying for being a hemomancer, but he looks on the bright side. Traveler. That's all he reveals. *POOF* tada.

Hah, short and sweet, I like it Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:23 am

SilentBelle wrote:Do you guys want to have battle include the optional use of a minor action to switch combat talents or not?
How exactly does that work?

Also, how long do my Enchantments last?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 am

I think of it as having a minor action of Open Options but it doesn't give pips and you can pick one to trade in and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 am

SilentBelle wrote:Do you guys want to have battle include the optional use of a minor action to switch combat talents or not?

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know. I should have the actual campaign thread up on Saturday, maybe earlier. (Now to get back to finishing off some of the details.)
I'm voting yes on this. We're using all the new systems so we might as well go for all of it. Also yay! I'm looking forward to Saturday even more now =)

Last edited by Yawnmon on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:27 am

I'm cool either way honestly with trading combat talents out. O_o
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 am

Ramsus wrote:
How exactly does that work?

Also, how long do my Enchantments last?

Basically, use a minor action to swap out any combat talent that you know but didn't bring into combat with one that is already there.

EDIT: (10 minutes) Well, I looked at the enchantments and since it doesn't say, I'd say it looks like 10 minutes for all of them except the traveling one, I think that one was meant to last a full 8 hours.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:47 am

Ok, I'll edit that in.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:10 pm

the rule needs tested so why not
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Alright, we'll be going with the minor action exchange Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Just two last things before we kick this off, Logan, you can grab 3000 gold worth of items Very Happy And Tyger, Wave Rider has 1 too many utility talents.

I'm going to go ahead an post up the thread in a few minutes. This is my first time running a PBP so I hope it works out well Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:01 pm

I don't really care much about items right now. Anyone have any ideas for them?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next