Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

+31
ZamuelNow
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Z2
Hayatecooper
Jason Shadow
Grey Pen The Flawed
Kindulas
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
belze
Whiteeyes
Nehiel Mori
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
elfowlgirl
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
LoganAura
Appkes
RavenscroftRaven
Videocrazy
SilentBelle
Philadelphus
Stairc -Dan Felder
MirrorImage
Masterweaver
AlicornPriest
35 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 7 Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 am

Shhh. You know young folks these days. They think putting y's or x's in stuff is hip. Just ignore their silly ways unless they're on your lawn blasting their hoppity hip and devil music.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 7 Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 am

Just try Googling it guys. Syphon is a variant spelling. If you'd like it to be called, "Siphon" for aesthetic reasons or because not everyone has a large vocabulary and might erroneously believe it to be a misspelling, that's something else entirely. But saying it IS a misspelling is wrong. Just because the forum spell-check doesn't recognize the spelling does not mean that the spelling doesn't exist. Wink
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:34 am

For the record it's not just the forum. It's flagged as a misspelling just about everywhere. But, don't worry Dan. We believe you. Psst tell him we believe him. Don't let his fragile grip on reality crack.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Just try Googling it guys. Syphon is a variant spelling. If you'd like it to be called, "Siphon" for aesthetic reasons or because not everyone has a large vocabulary and might erroneously believe it to be a misspelling, that's something else entirely. But saying it IS a misspelling is wrong. Just because the forum spell-check doesn't recognize the spelling does not mean that the spelling doesn't exist. Wink

I actually did check it in the dictionary, and you are right. I thought I said so, but whatever. However, it still hurts my brain.

My sweet, succulent brain...
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:38 am

Ramsus wrote:For the record it's not just the forum. It's flagged as a misspelling just about everywhere. But, don't worry Dan. We believe you. Psst tell him we believe him. Don't let his fragile grip on reality crack.

Wow. Okay then, since you won't accept MTG's editors and naming brand (over the course of several editions and reprintings) I'll link things. I wouldn't want you to have to type things into Google yourself. Wink

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/syphon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siphon

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/syphon

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/syphon

thematthew wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Just try Googling it guys. Syphon is a variant spelling. If you'd like it to be called, "Siphon" for aesthetic reasons or because not everyone has a large vocabulary and might erroneously believe it to be a misspelling, that's something else entirely. But saying it IS a misspelling is wrong. Just because the forum spell-check doesn't recognize the spelling does not mean that the spelling doesn't exist. Wink

I actually did check it in the dictionary, and you are right. I thought I said so, but whatever. However, it still hurts my brain.

My sweet, succulent brain...

Careful! You might deprive Ramsus of his constant need to mock me. jocolor

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:41 am

He will incessantly mock anyone. It shows that he admits you exist, not really anything else.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:42 am

Hey, I wasn't mocking you in particular. You just happened to be standing in the line of mocking. It's not my fault you happened to be in the way. jocolor
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:17 am

A typo was brought to my attention, a typo which I've missed for a LONG time now.

Paranoia was supposed to be a [+2] power. It is one now.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 am

Woo! I'm helping!
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 am

thematthew wrote:Woo! I'm helping!

Helping a lot. sunny
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:05 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:A typo was brought to my attention, a typo which I've missed for a LONG time now.

Paranoia was supposed to be a [+2] power. It is one now.
Oh, sweet, considering I have that.

Also, on the subject of the infallibility of spellcheckers, my browser relentlessly denies the existence of the word "with" and most derivatives, no matter how many times I try to add it.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Pony Tales now has key term explanations of the terms, "Sacrifice" and, "Willing Ally" in the player's handbook.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 am

New Ritual Knife!

Ritual Knife - 2500 Gold
Weapon
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Bloody Ritual - Free Utility [1/Battle]
Choose one of the following;
A) Pay 2 hp. If you do, immediately gain 1 pip
B) Pay 4 hp. If you do, immediately gain 2 pips
C) Pay 6 hp. If you do, immediately gain 3 pips
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 am

Business side of things: Core Book still states for the Element of Magic that they can take it regardless of race. That part is pointless and may confuse people who come reading it new, since now anything can be taken regardless of race (though since you "weakened" the power in that conversion, maybe increase its emulation duration to a half-hour?)

EDIT: [[[Syphon/Siphon pedantry removed due to hindsight being 20/20 and seeming antagonistic when unintended. My bad there.]]]

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:46 am

Why are Fireball and Fireswath Utilities?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:52 am

Probably because someone made a mistake.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:06 am

Fireball and Fireswath now are attacks. Thanks!

Also, since 'immediate' is so redundant - we've changed it to just "Reactions" and, "Interrupts" and changed the keyword explanation to fit this.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 am

Woo hoo, now I can actually do crazier things with those attacks!

So now, what happens when I use Where it Hurts with a multi-target attack?

Do I have to use it for each target, does it affect all things that have (save ends) effects, or does it just hit everything?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 pm

To be loophole talents to get around the blinding status effect?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Nehiel Mori wrote:New Ritual Knife!

Ritual Knife - 2500 Gold
Weapon
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Bloody Ritual - Free Utility [1/Battle]
Choose one of the following;
A) Pay 2 hp. If you do, immediately gain 1 pip
B) Pay 4 hp. If you do, immediately gain 2 pips
C) Pay 6 hp. If you do, immediately gain 3 pips

This version of the Ritual Knife is really REALLY crazy to be honest. It gives pip acceleration as a free action, which in turn means it can get people to do most any ultimate significantly faster.

It would be better if there were some way of making the action forcibly paired with another again so that you can still use it to get any type of action but not get your ultimate going faster. Mostly because this makes a allows someone with 1 friend who has On My Mark get off It's Over on turn 2.

Maybe word it like:

[0] Bloody Ritual - Free Utility 1/battle
Activate any talent you have an action available for costing up to 3 pips. Pay hp equal to twice the pip value instead of the pips.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:15 pm

I'll let chad talk about his creation - but I'm pretty convinced that it's balanced. Have you read the logic on item-balancing to gold prices yet thematthew? A lot of explanation goes into there.

By the way, we've known for weeks now that Daredevil's Rush was broken - but we often wait till we see people breaking it before doing things. We like to give the uilders of the system a chance to find gems and break them. People, especially thematthew, have been using it a lot lately so it's time it got adjusted. However, we're not sure how best to adjust it to be both fun to combo with and fair. Ultimately, people shouldn't be gaining more than 3 pips a turn normally. 4 comes with a huge disadvantage and 5 should be absolutely crippling. So, here's a version of Daredevil's Rush to at least fill the gap until it's redesigned later. Better than leaving the existing version in place.

[+X] Daredevil's Rush - Standard Utility
You suffer Xd8 damage and are dazed until the end of your next turn. X cannot be more than 5.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes, I did read the logic on item creation. This still lets me get 7-8 pips on turn 1, and start spending my minor actions toward pulling out another weapon.

Like another ritual knife if I have one. Thus being able to have upwards of 18 pips available for use on any extra actions that are thrown to me on turn 2.

Also, that version of Daredevil's doesn't have either the halve clause or the minimum damage clause. Is this intentional?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Well, since you read them you'll remember that 1 Standard Action is worth about 1000 gold, and 1 standard action gets you 3 pips plus a little extra - the ability to pay 6 life for 3 pips is, if anything, dramatically overpriced at 2500 gold.

And yes, that is intentional for Daredevil's Rush. We want to keep the power elegant when possible and still want there to be cool combos with the prevention of damage.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 am

If 1 standard action is worth 1000 gold, could you point me in the direction of the talent that grants Regeneration 3 permanently for a standard and a minor action (1500)? Way too cheap if that's your metric.

Also, this one is just pure curiosity if you could sate it... Shouldn't "Save-ends" be on 11 or higher? A 55% chance of being cured seems like an odd number to pick. I guess its fine either way, just seems odd.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:04 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:If 1 standard action is worth 1000 gold, could you point me in the direction of the talent that grants Regeneration 3 permanently for a standard and a minor action (1500)? Way too cheap if that's your metric.

The original items were just a beta-test that we are indeed revamping. However, let's delve into those numbers.

Regeneration 3 at 1500 means regeneration 2 at 1000.

Regeneration 2 over the course of 5 rounds of combat, which the system is designed for on average, is going to gain you about 8-10 life over the course of those 5 rounds (depending if you're damaged before your first turn or not).

The standard healing talent is Healing Salve.

[+1] Healing Salve - Standard Utility
You or target ally gains 1d10+3 hp.

This standard action grants you 1 pip and the target 1d10+3 hp. This is 8.5 expected life and 1 pip for 1 standard action. As regeneration 2 armor for 1000, our comparison example, grants you 8-10 hp over the course of 5 rounds... Healing Salve will often outperform the armor. That extra pip is worth a good amount. Just look at how thematthew is talking about getting 3 pips for paying 6 life is possibly too powerful at 2500 gold.

People tend to overestimate abilities like regeneration because they just feel so good to the player and are so despiriting to play against. This is why I love giving it to players and never put it on monsters. However, when you break down the numbers, the ability isn't actually that unfair. This is slick design, because it makes the players *feel* overpowered and epic without actually being overpowered.

Btw, Minor Actions aren't worth 500 gold; they're not really worth any gold on their own because you aren't expected to be using one every turn. They're just there to allow some easier templating design.

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Also, this one is just pure curiosity if you could sate it... Shouldn't "Save-ends" be on 11 or higher? A 55% chance of being cured seems like an odd number to pick. I guess its fine either way, just seems odd.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next