Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

+31
ZamuelNow
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Z2
Hayatecooper
Jason Shadow
Grey Pen The Flawed
Kindulas
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
belze
Whiteeyes
Nehiel Mori
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
elfowlgirl
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
LoganAura
Appkes
RavenscroftRaven
Videocrazy
SilentBelle
Philadelphus
Stairc -Dan Felder
MirrorImage
Masterweaver
AlicornPriest
35 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 19 Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:To be fair, you could just consider your Morph as a Super Badass True Shifter...

You don't get to change appearance with Morph... as far as I can tell.

Staric, why did you make a post then delete it?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended) - Page 19 Empty Re: Official Errata: Changes and fixes to the game (Subscription Recommended)

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:49 pm

It isn't? You can only mimick up to 8 points worth of stuff with True Shifter. So even if the Evolved True Shifter's form has 11 points worth, you can't mimick more than 8 points of it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Ramsus wrote:It isn't? You can only mimick up to 8 points worth of stuff with True Shifter. So even if the Evolved True Shifter's form has 11 points worth, you can't mimick more than 8 points of it.

I. Know. That.

That. Is. My. Point. And. Problem.

Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:To be fair, you could just consider your Morph as a Super Badass True Shifter...

You don't get to change appearance with Morph... as far as I can tell.

Staric, why did you make a post then delete it?

I figured that I'd let you all discuss a bit more before weighing in. But why is this in eratta? Mind moving this to "Ask a simple question"?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:I figured that I'd let you all discuss a bit more before weighing in. But why is this in eratta? Mind moving this to "Ask a simple question"?

Sorry, its just that the question that triggered my comment was originally raised here. I'll move it over to that thread as requested.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Thanks. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 am

Items whose cost was not a multiple of 500 have been tweaked so that they are. These include

Repulsor Ring
Flashstep Ring
Bracers of Speed
Talisman of Haste
Jenkin's Chicken
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 pm

I think that's a sound idea. The "Items for Skype" document is still showing the old prices though...

(And if you're fixing that document, Heavy Blade and Defensive Blade appear to have swapped places, given their costs.)

Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Philadelphus wrote:I think that's a sound idea. The "Items for Skype" document is still showing the old prices though...

(And if you're fixing that document, Heavy Blade and Defensive Blade appear to have swapped places, given their costs.)

I'm re-translating the reworked tabletop doc into a new Skype doc, so once Dan okays that it will be in order
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 am

Skype items:
Jenkin's Fried Chicken changed
Robes of the Master Tactician deleted

Skype Traits:
"Improved Defense" trait line changed to single-target
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 am

Contagion armor has been changed to 3 per battle. This was partly because it said it was both once and 5/battle, but we did not merely meet it in the middle, rather the math worked out that way when compared to Karmic Mirror.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 am

I'm guessing Improved Defence was too powerful defending against everything huh?

Defending against single-target attacks do make sense...

Although I do have a question. How does this work with Displacement Armour? Do you roll, then flip? Or flip, then roll? Or do you only get one of them? That later would suck in my opinion...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 pm

The creature whose turn it is chooses the order for effects to apply in.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm

So the enemy gets to decide? Well, the DM really.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I'm guessing Improved Defence was too powerful defending against everything huh?

Defending against single-target attacks do make sense...

Although I do have a question. How does this work with Displacement Armour? Do you roll, then flip? Or flip, then roll? Or do you only get one of them? That later would suck in my opinion...
The reason it was changed is because it was balanced for the board version where AoE attacks generally don't "target," but in Skype large AoE's are "X # of target creatures," and we realized that those traits and displacer armor protected against far more in Skype than they were meant to.

And you definitely get to do both. One of my favorite builds, it is!
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Kindulas wrote:The reason it was changed is because it was balanced for the board version where AoE attacks generally don't "target," but in Skype large AoE's are "X # of target creatures," and we realized that those traits and displacer armor protected against far more in Skype than they were meant to.

And you definitely get to do both. One of my favorite builds, it is!

Ah right, that does make sense. I guess the board version is the main method of testing then?

Fav build? Wonder why XD.

Althrough, it does bring up an important question for me... and well. Only really applies me currently. Got a Conjured Weapon that has a talent that allows one to redirect AoE's to only target the wielder of the Conjured Weapon... been wondering if it'll applies things like Displacement Armour and Improved Defence, and if so, is it only applied once, or is each redirected target counted as a seperate attack? I mean, the former means thing like Resist apply less, but the later gives better chance of attacks hitting.

Hmmm... sorry, shouldn't of really brought it up here. Off-topic and hardly important to adress.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Talking about your custom designs? Yes that was a tricky idea, not sure how to make it work, I believe we had some deliberation about that... but yes, this isn't the place to bring it up
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Kindulas wrote:Talking about your custom designs? Yes that was a tricky idea, not sure how to make it work, I believe we had some deliberation about that... but yes, this isn't the place to bring it up

Yeah, sorry. Started rambling.

Plus you probably got a million and one other things to work on anyway.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Kindulas wrote:Talking about your custom designs? Yes that was a tricky idea, not sure how to make it work, I believe we had some deliberation about that... but yes, this isn't the place to bring it up

Yeah, sorry. Started rambling.

Plus you probably got a million and one other things to work on anyway.
Though note that your summoning one especially I've been playing with.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Kindulas wrote:Though note that your summoning one especially I've been playing with.

The Beastmaster's claws? Awesome!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Handbook templating updated. All content (Talents, boons, etc) is now held in seperate docs.
Which I have now remembered to change the permissions on, my apologies on that
Futhermore, said documents now contain all expansion content, the Pony Tales handbook now references the board system,
the Conjurer talents have been put into the core classes AND all creature conjurations are cross-listed in the specialty "conjurer" class at the bottom, as with weapon summons.
The cleric also has 4 new moves that will be featured in the next combat expansion
Grace
Saving Grace
Amazing Grace
My Life is Yours

In board, there are another three new moves: Noxious Gas and Sticky Tar (Alchemist) and Shadow Daggers (Rouge)
Shadow daggers will be getting a Skype version, rest assured
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Tons of great work Kindulas.

There are bound to be some typos and copy/paste errors and missed comments and similar due to all this - so let us know when something messed up and Kindulas will fix it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Should we post errors here or elsewhere? Changelings in the new/revised race guide have the old Ponykinesis. Genetic Engineering says Pony Tales characters get 6 points instead of 8
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:44 am

You can post them here. Thanks for those, we fixed em.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:06 am

The Inventor destiny apparently has 2 level 4 bonuses, and nothing else.
(The level 7 bonus is mislabeled as level 4, and the level 10 bonus is labeled as an option of Gadget)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next