Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+6
Dr Blight
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Yawnmon
XandZero2
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:52 am

Yawnmon wrote:
Cardbo wrote:@Yawnmon
Ask her out! Seems ideal for a double date!
A double date including Miss Excessive Force? Thanks but no thanks. If (and by if I mean when) he asks her out it's gonna be just him and her, all alone, in a romantic setting... Or at least ideally that would be the case.

Ok, come on, its not going to ideal romantic setting. Something or somepony is going to get set on fire, some sort of disaster will happen, and the party is going to need fix it. At least this way, we'll be able to back each other up. And if somehow the rest of the party got dates as well... Very Happy
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Yawnmon Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:40 am

Cardbo wrote:Ok, come on, its not going to ideal romantic setting. Something or somepony is going to get set on fire, some sort of disaster will happen, and the party is going to need fix it. At least this way, we'll be able to back each other up. And if somehow the rest of the party got dates as well... Very Happy
Out of character I actually agree with you there. I dunno what but chances are something is gonna happen. Unfortunately Blade's a bit of a romantic so we'll just need to sort out our problems ourselves. Or maybe you can get Chitin to bring her baby daddy with you for the double date.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:50 am

Yawnmon wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Ok, come on, its not going to ideal romantic setting. Something or somepony is going to get set on fire, some sort of disaster will happen, and the party is going to need fix it. At least this way, we'll be able to back each other up. And if somehow the rest of the party got dates as well... Very Happy
Out of character I actually agree with you there. I dunno what but chances are something is gonna happen. Unfortunately Blade's a bit of a romantic so we'll just need to sort out our problems ourselves. Or maybe you can get Chitin to bring her baby daddy with you for the double date.

Very Happy
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 am

What is going to happen to Blade Blockers date you ask? Probably Whisper. This may, as Carbo brang up, include fire.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:57 am

Fire wouldn't actually be that big a problem. Pegasus remember? I'd just go grab a cloud and make it rain on whatever's on fire.
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:06 am

Napalm is a kind of fire?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 pm

@Xand

Does Coffee have any money in the bank? Considering my options here. Who knows when is payday, and the only alternative would be to borrow money.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Cardbo wrote:@Xand

Does Coffee have any money in the bank? Considering my options here. Who knows when is payday, and the only alternative would be to borrow money.

You can have a bank account Cardbo, but its empty until your next paycheck. The money you lost was supposed to last you for a little while...

You could always ask Captain Force if she can cover the expenses...

MWAAAHHHAHAHHHAAAHA!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:32 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
Cardbo wrote:@Xand

You can have a bank account Cardbo, but its empty until your next paycheck. The money you lost was supposed to last you for a little while...

You could always ask Captain Force if she can cover the expenses...

MWAAAHHHAHAHHHAAAHA!

@Everyone
So I just wanted to let you all know, you're the greatest adventuring party ever, and if Coffee needs to borrow some money, you'd totally let him have some, right? Wink
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Sure! Too bad none of us have any either. Laughing
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:39 am

@Xand
Hmm..just thinking out loud here. Is health insurance implemented in New Orreigns? Is a New Orreigns police officer likely to have it?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm

I'd say health insurance is implemented in New Orreigns, but like most insurance, it only helps with costs. It doesn't cover them completely, especially for the more serious hospital visits (like CC and Lock & Key's 'visits').
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:04 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYPONY!!!

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY HEARTHSWARMING EVE!!!

Or day... Either way (:

My Christmas Gifts to You!:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Yawnmon Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Happy Heartswarming everypony and thanks for the gifts Xand rendeer
Yawnmon
Yawnmon
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm in love with those sunglasses. And I wish to get them for all of my characters.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm

^I just now realized you'd posted in the OOC thread Xel - but glad you like the glasses! Like I said, they were DB's idea to give Nightvision, and since Gleeda and Chitin already have NV, I thought they should get an extra bonus for double-nightvision all the way (:

I also just had a PM conversation the other day with Cardbo concerning his income, price of food, apartment, etc - and I thought it might be helpful if everypony saw it. As well as discussing how much money Coffee Mug makes in a semester, the PM basically gives a break-down of living expenses in New Orreigns.

XandZero2 wrote:Hey Cardbo,

As far as pay goes, I'm going to use myself as a general rule of thumb here for Coffee's college pay. If you get paid 2,000 bits a class over the course of 1 semester, and 5 classes is a full-time workload, then you'd be getting 10,000 bits a semester. You get paid bi-weekly, so that's roughly broken down into eight paydays over a four month period... which would mean 2,500 bits each month that college is in session...

So you'd be getting 1,250 bits every two weeks.

Average cost of food is about 70 bits a week if you don't go out much at all... 280 bits a month...

Your apartment is one of the nicer ones, so would probably cost around 1,000 bits a month... We'll say 970, that way two weeks worth of salary will get you through the month if you spend it wisely.

That would leave you with 1,250 bits left over each month to spend on recreational activities - including going to movies, eating out, buying parts to make that phone of yours, etc. The price of the your apartment is negotiable, but does that sound reasonable overall? I got the prices for room and food from various web searches, in case you were wondering.

Since Blade is on vacation I'll make an exception for him as far as expenses are concerned. He's got enough for a basic hotel room and food expenses - but an extra side job would give him more spending money to play with.

Also, I'll get into more detail as we go concerning the arrangements for those working with Big Mike. Keep in mind though, Mook, Minion, and Big Mike mentioned it earlier, but your rooms are free as long as you work for the big guy. You'll also receive an employee discount at any restaurant or store you go to that's owned by Labyrinth's United.

*ON A FINAL NOTE:

I realize that when I was starting up this quest, I did fail to mention it's timeline in relation to the show.

To clarify that point, I was imagining the P-Files would start within the year after the Cadence/Shining Armor wedding, which I imagine happened in the Spring/early Summer. The real-life Mardi Gras is celebrated late February usually, and I'm not planning to change that, so you guys are basically in mid-to late January. We're gonna say after the wedding but before the King Sombra incident.

**EDIT: Ramsus notified me of something that might be an issue if we went with my initial idea for the timeline. Let me get back to everypony on the official time of the P-Files campaign in relation to the MLP timeline. It looks like we might currently be leaning towards 3 years after the wedding.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:46 am

@Xand
I noticed that Whisper, Gleeda and Chitin got FK(Mike's Stores). What would you think of other bennies gotten outside of level? I've been toying with the idea of having Coffee go to a gym, since he's already gotten a fair amount of strength, and would probably want to maintain that. If he did that often enough, could he a stat up point in Athletics?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 am

Ok, so could I get an official list of what I should add to my sheet for Gleeda?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 am

@Everypony:
Okay guys, so first off, I decided that the P-Files will have officially kicked off 3 years after the events of the Royal Wedding. That means that the campaign is likely some time after the Gen 4 show leaves off (when it does, that is - and hopefully that 'when' will be a long time from now). Keep in mind that most of the events of the show are not common knowledge as they take place in one small town in Equestria, but it's quite possible that your characters would have heard about things like Nightmare Moon's attempt to plunge the world into darkness, Discord's bid for power, etc. - the major events of the canon, in other words.

@Cardbo:
I don't mind giving players bonus talents and such as rewards at times, but I don't want to just start doling out stat buffs. A Freaky Knowledge for one very specific thing is a lot less useful than a +1 to all Athletics checks. If I give stat buffs, especially permanent ones, it'll only be under very special occasions - not just a few weeks of working out at the gym. Playing in-character is always a good idea though, and I might give you some kind of reward for RPing if you really put some effort into it (although I still won't usually give you a stat buff).

To sum it up, I will occasionally give bonus talents, but bonus stat points will be very rare and hard to come by.

-Also, while near the subject of items, Cardbo, under Coffee Mug's item inventory, you should add the University Keys he got from Ivory Tower, if you haven't done so already, that is.

@Xel:
Under utility talents, you should add...

Freaky Knowledge (Mike's Stores)

Under items, you should have...

Labyrinth's United Sunglasses - This stylish pair of shades is specifically designed with the genetic imprint of its wearer in mind, granting the Nightvision utility, or if the wearer already has Nightvision, it grants a +3 bonus to Perception Checks instead. It also acts as a kind of ID card to get into Labyrinth's United-related businesses and events.

-I think that covers everything.

EDIT: On a final note, you know Cardbo, when you first described how you wanted to have the Pinkie Promise turn out, this is what popped into my head...

Spoiler:

(;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 am

XandZero2 wrote:

EDIT: On a final note, you know Cardbo, when you first described how you wanted to have the Pinkie Promise turn out, this is what popped into my head...

Spoiler:

(;

Heh.

Closer to this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw

or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WSyqON9ZGEs#t=122s
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 pm

^Weeeeell, you ain't asking for much now, are ya Cardbo?

I'm thinking it'd take a Cutie-Mark critical to go Jean Grey, and as for Aladdin's Lamp, I don't quite think you have the power of a Genie. I'll try to shoot for something between Jean and Bugs in impressiveness though.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm

XandZero2 wrote:^Weeeeell, you ain't asking for much now, are ya Cardbo?

I'm thinking it'd take a Cutie-Mark critical to go Jean Grey, and as for Aladdin's Lamp, I don't quite think you have the power of a Genie. I'll try to shoot for something between Jean and Bugs in impressiveness though.

I might not have been clear. These are all audio/visual illusions. So, basically, illusionary thunder/lightning, glowy eyes, etc, etc.. As I mentioned in my initial post, they're special effects. I.E. movie magic. Technically, I shouldn't even need to roll, as I've got Mirage and Echo, but they've got a 5 minute prep time for each, and I'm not sure I can prepare both at once, and I'm not sure how patient Captain Force would be. I suspect not very much.

EDIT: Speaking of which. Am I gaining anything from Mirage and Echo? The prep time is horrible, and they're not exactly flexible. Even though I've used illusions previously, I don't think I've ever used those particular talents to do so. Would it possible for me to swap them out, assuming I can still do illusions with "Its Witchcraft", for "This Is Whining!" and "Applejack of all Trades"?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:17 pm

My understanding is that It's Witchcraft should allow use of other utilities, but the DC might be higher then you'd like. Using a Utility should be more easier and stuff from what I understand how things work.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:My understanding is that It's Witchcraft should allow use of other utilities, but the DC might be higher then you'd like. Using a Utility should be more easier and stuff from what I understand how things work.

Before I decide I want to make sure that arcane check for an illusion, lets say I rolled 30, I get the same result whether I have Mirage and Echo or not. If they somehow make a difference in my my roll, I'll keep them, but if not, they've just been dead weight so far. I've been toying with just replacing them with Freaky Knowledge(Illusions) among other things.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 am

It depends on what Xand would allow the utilites to do, and if you find that better then trying to use It's Witchcraft. Personally I say that using a Utility, should, be better then having to use It's Witchcraft for stuff like this, but that's just me.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next