Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

+8
Lyntermas
thematthew
Doc pseudopolis
Curunir
Xel Unknown
tygerburningbright
Grey Pen The Flawed
SilentBelle
12 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) Empty The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  SilentBelle Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi all you crazy ponies. This is the Monster-Overseer, and I've been creating and testing these new creature in my secret laboratory for a while, but I've come to a conclusion recently: I need to widen my testing methods. So I am issuing an official Challenge to all who are brave enough to accept such a daunting task.

As brave participants, you would receive untold riches, fame and a permanent place in history as the ones who are greater than the greatest of monsters. May the brave heed this call.

Okay, so turns out I'm going to have a lot of time-off right at the beginning of March and until September. This is going to be a place where I test my monster, and other people's monsters on you as players to determine their worth (inspired by the Discord's Game from earlier), I will then add these monsters into the compendium with the results. Casualty ratings will likely be high as I'm really aiming to find battles that are an equal 50/50. As for story-line, there probably won't be much of one, I'll be playing the role of a voice of a mad wizard scientist over an intercom as you fight your way to the center of a research laboratory.

A list of things:
-All characters will start at level 1 and will have the recommended amount of money in the form of equipment at all times.
-I'm aiming for about 3 Battles per level (Botched or otherwise), then the players will all level up and gain as much money as the next level requires, and any new characters will start at level 2 as well, then 3 more is level 3 etc. (30 Battles total)
-Only combat stats are needed, but feel free to have fun roleplaying the combat, and roleplay whatever you think your character is (Whether it's a normal earth pony or it's a cameo character from some other universe, or a canon character. Whatever floats your metaphorical animated gravy-boat.
-TPK will still count as 1 battle toward the next level. Though if a TPK happens at the 'Final Battle' then you guys lose and the crazy scientist wizard wins!
-I'm going to have a party of 5 players, and there will be a queue for all beyond that.
-Between battles, you can shuffle out one: combat talent, Special Move, item, or trait. So long as you still meet the prerequisites.
-Only official stuff is allowed (the single exception being the minor action to change combat talents, this is allowed), and any errata changes must be followed.
-At level-up you can do a full re-spec if you wish
-This will prove to be an opportunity to test out some crazy-powerful monsters at later levels (Elder Dragons, demigods, and whatnot)
-Just for fun, after each battle I'll be posting a 'grade' for how well you fought and critique via in-character intercom.
-If anyone has a monster they want me to use, PM me with it's stats saying that it's for the Overseers Challenge, and I'll be sure to try it out.
-This game will start in the beginning of March.
-To request a spot, just post that you want a spot and I'll allow you in if you are one of the first 5. (First-come first-Serve with a 1-week bias for new players). Then you will be added to the waiting list if you are past the 5th person.

Currently In:
-Lyntermas - Blitzkrieg
-Xel - Proto: The Auto Balista
-Curunir - Hussar
-Dusk Raven - Wandering Eye
-thematthew - Maretoko

Fallen Comrades:
-Doc pseudopolis - PACU

Waiting List:
-Brony 7 of 9 - LaForge
-Grey Pen
-Quietkal - Kal, the Dry Bones

I hope this proves to be entertaining Very Happy

Last edited by SilentBelle on Fri May 03, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 18 times in total
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Ooh! Ooh! PICK ME! PICK ME SILENT BELLE!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  SilentBelle Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Alright Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 pm

If you need a monster you know who to ask

side note did you test that Ogre yet need it soon
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:If you need a monster you know who to ask

side note did you test that Ogre yet need it soon

I suppose I can test that tonight. I should have it done soon Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am

I forsee me building an "Auto-Ballestia" to RP with my favoret combat build type since I found it. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:07 am

I volunteer!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 am

Alright I'll add you both to the list Very Happy
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 am

If it's alright I'd like to volunteer the MacVellion or more likely another mecha if I come up with one.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 pm

In terms of encounters, I wouldn't mind battling the Slendermare I built...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Who's got two thumbs and is interested in joining?
Spoiler:

Edit character sheet

Last edited by thematthew on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 pm

If there's still room, I've got a character sheet ready for you.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Quick question, may I this little something from the Treasure NEXT doc:

Amulet of Greater Protection - 1500 Gold
Trinket
You begin each battle with 10 temporary hp.

Please?

Well assuming that it is ok... Here is Proto the Auto-Ballista. If it's not... I'll downgrade to the +8 version...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Lyntermas wrote:If there's still room, I've got a character sheet ready for you.

That brings us to number 6... I've tossed you onto the queue. I'm aiming for close battles, so it's likely that you could make it into the second round.

Xel Unknown wrote:Quick question, may I this little something from the Treasure NEXT doc:

Amulet of Greater Protection - 1500 Gold
Trinket
You begin each battle with 10 temporary hp.

Please?

Well assuming that it is ok... Here is Proto the Auto-Ballista. If it's not... I'll downgrade to the +8 version...

I didn't know there was another treasure sheet. Hmm... the +8 version is the 'official' one, sorry Xel, I'm sticking strict on these rules. However, if it gets recognized as 'official' prior to the start then of course you can use it. We still have a month and a bit, a lot could happen (I'm thinking along the lines of stances here...)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:30 am

Well I reworked my Auto-Ballista sheet and now it FEELS like an auto-ballista to me.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Alright, it's march now, so I should be able to find the free time to tackle this campaign. Let me know if you are all still interested, and please make your character sheet. I'd like to start up early next week if possible, but I will wait up to a full week for everyone to get their stuff ready. If one of the players doesn't respond by then, well, then I'll take players from the waiting list. I hope we have a blast Smile And feel free to come up with good combos amongst each other, and remember only official stuff when it comes to the combat side. I don't really mind what you decide your character is otherwise. I mean Xel's an automated Ballista, how much stranger can you get? (no that wasn't a challenge)
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:33 pm

I was surprised to see this thread back at the top. Anyway, I'm still interested, and I already wrote up Blitzkrieg's character sheet. Of course, I'm on the reserve, so I understand that I must wait my turn.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Oooh, a battle arena... this'll give me a chance to test out my combat skills and battle instinct.

Naturally, I'll get put on the waiting list, but that'll give me time to finalize my character sheet... and perhaps time to bombard you with PMs regarding what's acceptable, although it looks like flavor-wise anything goes. My character sure will find this interesting...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Alright, I added you Dusk Raven Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Note to self: Must Build Auto-Balasita Monsters for Silent To fight us with.

And hell yes I'm still totally game to playing this. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Definitely still interested.

And put together Winged Hussar, using our nice new consolodated handbook
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Alright, I've linked it in, looks good. Nice and tankish.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Uh, let's see, how much gold are we allowed at start again?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:21 pm

3000 bits, as is normal for all level one characters as what is said in the Treasure Trove doc.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 pm

As a completely irrelevant comment not pertaining to the thread at all. I saw that Meyers Briggs thing in your signature Curunir, and I remembered, 'Oh yeah, I took that test a little while back, I think I still have the code. Ah here it is... I S F J... let's see which pony I am...' Then see my surprise when I see Sweetie Belle is the corresponding pony Smile That made me happy.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next