Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

+8
Lyntermas
thematthew
Doc pseudopolis
Curunir
Xel Unknown
tygerburningbright
Grey Pen The Flawed
SilentBelle
12 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) - Page 10 Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  thematthew Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:42 am

Sorry, been thinking on what I want to do. It's a difficult challenge.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up) - Page 10 Empty Re: The Overseer's Challenge (OOC/Sign Up)

Post  SilentBelle Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:50 pm

thematthew wrote:Sorry, been thinking on what I want to do. It's a difficult challenge.
What you just rolled scares me Razz 11 Pips...
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Mmmm.... After this combat, I think I'm goin' to do some major edits to Proto, the little Auto-Ballista has slowly turned more and more "tank-ish" and I see a way to even ADD to that effect.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I just wish I hadn't been dazed again...
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Hmm... starting to regret using Second Sunrise, although the pet taking some of the hits was nice...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:03 pm

So, I've always wondered, if an enemy is Overkilled, does the damage spread to adjacent enemies, or no such luck?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 pm

And then, I wasn't interested in trying to see Davey's build, and instead wanted to use this one.
Kal, the Dry Bones
Level 1, going to abuse Never Stay Down forever. Or at least as long as he can.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

I think you're allowed to make him level 2, since everyone else is...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Marked the Never Say Die Falling With Style trait and Armor of Energy Storing in case of level 2 then.
If not, they're still greyed out.

Last edited by Quietkal on Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 2:36 am

Sorry 'bout being away for a while. I'll update in the morning. Need some sleep.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Okay, end of round... switched out items considering the changes to the items document, also switched out one of my (now personally obsolete due to items) combat talents.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri May 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Quietkal wrote:And then, I wasn't interested in trying to see Davey's build, and instead wanted to use this one.
Kal, the Dry Bones
Level 1, going to abuse Never Stay Down forever. Or at least as long as he can.

Added you to the waiting list.

And on a different note, I'm just wondering, which battles so far felt the most memorable/intriguing/dynamic?

This most recent battle uses one of the styles that they are considering for the upcoming monster manual for dynamic encounters. Staggering an encounter to give it a dynamic feel. Did that work well? Or is it more entertaining or memorable to fight a single-statblock monster, like the mushroom or the cube? As a DM it's far easier to stay on top of those types of encounters, rather than having 12 kobolds in the battle, each with their own number of pips and such. How is it as players though?

I'll probably be trying out some neat other scenarios to keep the combats feeling different from each other. I'm kind of sitting on the fence about adding more to the Compendium at the moment though, simply because the Monster Manuel will be coming out soon, and I'll want to rework the compendium to fit with the style that the designers decide upon, which is going to scrap the danger rating altogether for a more comprehensive form of measurement. Any feedback on the encounter structure will help when we discuss the upcoming Monster Manuel.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Well, while I like powerful boss monsters, the kobold fight did have a certain tension to it - with additional, more powerful reinforcements arriving on a regular basis, I wasn't sure when the tide would end, and was half-sure we'd drown in kobolds.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 03, 2013 7:05 pm

The Demons where unlucky to be hit by the supercrit.

The Cube of Goo, went down a little too easy and maybe one should've been able to do something more while inside...

The Koblolds: OH SHIT AN ARMY! Feel to them after we took out the first small wave. It was kinda nice.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri May 03, 2013 8:58 pm

I liked the kobold encounter. Even though most of the enemies were not too tough individually, the idea of more showing up every round gave a nice tension to the fight. It was good of you to present "kobolds run away", then "kobolds look at leader then stay where they are". It helped set up the leader as the primary target, as opposed to one of many.

The mushrooms...seemed a bit overpowered (given that we basically TPK'd against them). The idea of them getting to spawn the spores which hurt HARD when they are killed, but have to be killed or else they will swarm the party one by one...it wasn't so good.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 am

Yeah, I've found those sorts of fights to be the most engaging, though the kobolds were certainly the hardest to keep track of. I'll keep tinkering with the encounters and see how many different ways I can build them.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Replaced Whirling Blades with Deal with Discord.

Updated items to new version: Training Certificate, Bracers of Speed, Chain of the Drunken Master.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue May 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Is it sad that I'm coming up with new ideas for victims characters for this and that most of them are sci-fi oriented? I seem to recall somepony complaining about all the technology in this thread...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat May 18, 2013 2:25 pm

Seems SilentBelle is busy once more... beware, the longer I wait, the more builds I come up with...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat May 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Droped Silent a line on FIMFiction may bring him back.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Please see this announcement: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t566-silentbelle-s-announcement#45811 It hurt to type it out, but I think it will be less painful than if I let it drag on...
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun May 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Would you mind if I were to take over this project?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 21, 2013 7:46 am

May I receive a responce from anyone?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 am

Well, I wouldn't mind, I rather like the opportunity to test combat builds for player and monster alike...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Yes, I would very much like this to continue! I was expecting SilentBelle to answer your question.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next