Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

+11
Stargaze
Quietkal
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Waschbaer
Azureink
Grey Pen The Flawed
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Curunir
15 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 9 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Curunir Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Book Smart- Yeah, you don't figure out any more information at this time. You do manage to scrounge up the information I gave you before for your History check.

Cau'rah- Your response to the other Shaman is perfectly in keeping with any knowledge you would have on the topic. You make a valid historical point- most leaders are not shamans, and khans and shamans usually have different spheres of leadership. While Udus Khan's vision is on a scale entirely different from those of other Khans, it is still not directly spiritual- and it has been heard of for non-Shamans to recieve guidance from spirits as well. This shaman he is speaking to is likely part of a subset of shamans trying to increase their professions' worldly powers.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again) - Page 9 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes (Signup/info/OOC/stuff) (Full Again)

Post  Azureink Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Sleipnir is now in a position to be recruited and more NPC stuff.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Silver Steele's History check:

The First Khan was, as the name implies, the first Khan on the steppes. If he existed, it was so long ago that his tale has become legend, and has splintered into a number of differing accounts. Some say he came from somewhere else, or that he led the people of the steppes from another land to their home, or that he simply was born on the steppes and sought to unite the tribes for some great event. Through strength and cunning he performed miraculous feats and difficult rituals to prove his worthiness to the clans and to the spirits. Of course accounts vary on what these tasks and rituals were, as well as the Khan's race, and his possessions. Silver Steele has been in enough clans, and visited enough Meets, to have heard so many versions only to be certain that none of them contain all the facts.

Everyone else:

Now that the party is assembled, is a time skip in order to the next day, or is there anything else anyone needs to do?
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Well, I need to know what Udus tribe's official color is or whatnot for Anemone's new tattoos. Also I'd like to get a rundown of the tribe's general ideals, values, and beliefs.

Streetwise: 8 + 1 + 16 = 25.
Edit: Actually I'll throw in my MP in there for 35 since multiple days are going to pass anyway right?
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't think I have anything to take care of, aside from Book Smart talking to his elders and switching to a unicorn. I wouldn't imagine that needs to happen in the IC thread, but I could be mistaken.

What would it take to research the lowlands, where we're headed?

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Zane's listening to the various tribes at the pulpit. Just some general information on the tribes/ how they feel about Udus Khan's plan would be nice.
Also, I'll toss one of my magic points at Ramsus's Streetwisel. Because that 35 probably isn't going to get all the information by itself. (sarcasm)
[edit] Now that I think about it, you already said how the other tribes were reacting to the Khan's announcement. So I guess I (forward-slash) Zane am ready to time skip.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:08 pm

You may initiate the time jump at your discretion.

EDIT - Did Cau'rah want to address the Dusk Scorpion Shaman's thing or do you just want to skip over that?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Did we lose everyone?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm bracing for timeskip here.

But Grey Pen's been AWOL for a while.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry, been sick for a week followed by catching up on classwork.

Will initiate the Time Skip!

Ramsus: Anenome's Streetwise

Udus Khan's tribe colors are Dark Red and Dark Blue with secondary color of Gold. The Golden Eagle has been adopted as an unofficial symbol for the tribe, and favored spirit Tengri, the eternal blue sky.

The clan, while fairly powerful, respected, and well-known, has actually only appeared recently in steppe politics, within Udus' lifetime. No one is sure if the clan existed before than or not. Udus has a habit of picking up clanless ponies (or whathaveyou) with unique skills, as the clan seems willing to accept any with merit and the ability to survive, valuing skill and practicality over other clans' reliance on tradition and family bonds.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Neat ok, then she has new of dark red tattoos when she shows up again.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd like you all to read this please...

Also, a recap might be nice?
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 pm

@Grey, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your health problems. Game-wise, all that's happened is that all the player characters were invited to be part of the group. Then there was a timeskip to the end of the meet, which is where we are now.

@Waschbaer, would Zane recognize Book Smart in whatever new disguise he's wearing now? More specifically, has Book Smart retained the color palette from his last disguise?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 pm

OOC suggestion for Book Smart: One of Konorad's tricks is that he has taught his friends a special sign to let them know it's him, when he's not in his natural form. (I picked "trace a circle on the floor".) You might consider a similar practice.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 pm

@Grey Pen: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t458p60-khan-of-the-steppes#31519

^This was a part of the conversation before the time skip.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Quietkal wrote:@Waschbaer, would Zane recognize Book Smart in whatever new disguise he's wearing now? More specifically, has Book Smart retained the color palette from his last disguise?
His color palette's a little different, but he's the only one standing there with six bowls of jelly, so Zane could probably make a reasonable guess. I really should have mentioned that in an OOC blurb.

Grey Pen wrote:OOC suggestion for Book Smart: One of Konorad's tricks is that he has taught his friends a special sign to let them know it's him, when he's not in his natural form. (I picked "trace a circle on the floor".) You might consider a similar practice.
Now, that's a good idea! I'll think about it and mention something in-character when everyone's together.

As for a recap, I believe that the meet is breaking up, the speeches have been given, and everyone has met at least one other person within the group. I don't know how much time we had during the meet, but it's possible that we've all met each-other at least once at this point. I think Anemone, Steele, and Sleipnir have gathered where Udus Khan was set up, Zane's getting Book Smart, and Anemone's sent messenger arrows to both Zane and Cau'rha telling them where to meet.

Also, it sounds like Zane might not have realized he's got a messenger arrow, yet.

Good luck on your recovery!

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 am

Wait, did we have an extended rest in the middle?

Lucid Dreamer:

Result: 2D12 (9+7) = 16

Woot! 3 Magic Points, babe!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Did Cau'rha have any response for the other shaman during the beginning of The Meet or are we saying that he bowed out at that point.

And how is the Crimson Hoof thing going to play out? Every NPC thing I put out there was of my own design and was not run by the DM. So I don't know how the DM will handle it.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm assuming for now that Cau'rha stepped down right about then.

As for Crimson Hoof, I figured that you would play him until/unless combat started; at which point the GM would take over.

But hey, whatever GM says goes. We'll see.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 am

Oh great DM we beseech you to answer our prayers. What shall Crimson Hoof do?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:24 am

Waschbaer wrote:Sorry about that, Quietkal, I'll be more careful in the future.
I...don't know what you're apologizing for? Oh! Following Zane when he hadn't actually left!
It's no big, I had actually intended to have that part in that other post, but forgot to include it when I retyped. So you're good!
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Azureink, since you're the one who made those NPCs, I think I should let you decide how we should handle them. As I see it, the options are:

A: You control the actions of the NPCS completely (aside from combat)
B: I give you an idea about what I generally want the NPCs to be doing, but you still write them.
C: You surrender control of the NPCS for the most part or completely (not sure if I want this option, as I have enjoyed them, and think you fully capable of separating your PC and NPC agendas. Not to mention it saves me some work Razz)

In any case, I agree that should combat occur with any of these NPCS, I will control their actions. Although if you wanted to suggest a couple ideas for attacks and the like, I would probably listen.

Grey Pen, I trust you all as far as dice rolls are concerned, but since it has already been requested I will roll the Giant GM D20 of Arbitrary Decisions!

Roll:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:47 pm

D'oh.

Yeah, I was afraid it would seem a little too uncanny to score on Lucid Dreamer AND Royal Jelly.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Very well. I shall continue.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Guys, Udus Khan's tent is gone. Like we're literally standing where it was. I'm pretty sure he's not here anymore.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next