Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 21 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 pm

"Pardon me, Shallow, but unless I'm QUITE mistaken, you've eaten a Devil Fruit. And Devil Fruit users cannot swim. Or perhaps all this time you've just been born with a natural talent for sinking into the ground and digging tunnels at high speeds."
"Well, nopony can say dat' dey' I be born wit' dem' cutie marks, now can dey', pon!" Wink, he says, pointing to his tribal-styled crossed spades cutie mark.

"As for da' sinkin', I like ta' consider' da' land as mah' ocean ta' swim in, since I be denied dat' little pleasure in most parts of da' world. I can do a mean backpaddle, if yah' care ta' see!" Very Happy

"An' of course, da' water ain't just Devil Fruit concern: aren't yah' forgetting somepon?", he says, pulling out Whisper Lilly. "Can't have yah' snowy fur get soaked, now can we, little Loa? No we can't!", he says to the kitten, rubbing it gently under its chin.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Well, if we're planning more of an "in and out", I could whip up something fantastic: maybe a submarine or a super-sponge. However, for something longer lasting, I'd need some materials to make some scuba suits." Torque glanced around his group. "Speaking of, show of hooves, who here can actually swim?" Torque raised his hoof, smiling.
"My cyborg body can even makes me not have any need to breath while underwater." Boomer comments after Fruit-User commented.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Zarhon wrote:
"Well, nopony can say dat' dey' I be born wit' dem' cutie marks, now can dey', pon!" Wink, he says, pointing to his tribal-styled crossed spades cutie mark.

"As for da' sinkin', I like ta' consider' da' land as mah' ocean ta' swim in, since I be denied dat' little pleasure in most parts of da' world. I can do a mean backpaddle, if yah' care ta' see!" Very Happy

"An' of course, da' water ain't just Devil Fruit concern: aren't yah' forgetting somepon?", he says, pulling out Whisper Lilly. "Can't have yah' snowy fur get soaked, now can we, little Loa? No we can't!", he says to the kitten, rubbing it gently under its chin.

"...Point taken. So, it appears that if we are truly planning on exploring this tomb, then the only ones who can really do so are Konorad, Boomer and I. I think Konorad said that he had a way to make a vehicle capable of traveling underwater, but that it wouldn't work on Devil-Fruit users. So, here are our options:
-The three "water swimmers" explore the tomb, while the Devil Fruits try something to raise their bounties.
-The Devil Fruits wait for us to finish exploring, and then we all go together to raise havoc.
-We simply perform Shinestone's funeral, and then go on our way to the next island after restocking.

I'm open to any other suggestions you guys have, of course."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:33 pm

"Splittin' up for da' tomb sounds like a plan proper, if yah' swimmers tink' yah can handle it - dere' mite be anyting in dat' tomb, after all."

"As for da' bounty business, if yah' ask me, we mite' want ta' do da' funeral before we do any of dat', so da' Marines don't try ta' crash it after we go an' pick a bone wit' 'dem, and maybe get a favah' or two from Mari.

"Da' only ting' dat' springs ta' mind for a good bounty raise, be engagin' in a bit of Marine ship sinkin', strandin' da' Marines on da' island for a bit. Or, yah' know, destroying dem' fortress again.' We likely need da' whole team for eitha'."

"So, any of yah' Fruitah's up for a bit' a sacramental duties?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am

"Right, the Red Lens has a jolly boat we can use to get to the island (and below the water's surface, if necessary). You conduct the funeral and get the supplies we need. Boomer, Konorad, and I will meet you back here at the Red Lens when we're finished."

Torque started to turn toward the docks, stopped for a moment, then turned back a bit sheepishly. "Um, quick question, Shallow. Now, I understand that you don't want the dead to be disrespected, I get that. So, obviously, an amulet or a sword or something that's placed by itself right next to a large mural or a coffin is probably off-limits. Buuuuut, let's just say that there's a few large piles of random treasure, just sitting around down there in arbitrary piles, with no seeming significance to the deceased. Would that be...off-limits as well?"

A thought struck Torque. If the Marine was nicknamed "The Alchemist", there may be a few chemical formulas or even some interesting potions down in the grave. He would make sure to bring along some extra paper in order to copy things down (and make sure his satchel was watertight).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Shallow frowned in thought at Torque's highly-specific, yet difficult question.
"Well... If yah' were ta' somehow stumble upon "random piles of treasure", or similar jujus... An' it don't look obvious dey' be someting' da spirit got ties to, or values beyond da' veil... I *guess* yah' could? Of course, yah' not be obligated ta' tell me of anyting' yah' happen ta' do, see an' find in da' tomb, an' I trust yah' judgment ta' try avoidin' anyting' dat' mite' come back ta'... well, haunt us later."

"In any case, bruddahs, I believe I got a funeral ta' attend, so come if yah' want. Meet da' rest of yah' soon!"
, he said, and started moving towards the site the Reflector Pirates settled at.

(OOC: Anyone coming along?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 pm

"I'll...come with you." Sixty-Two finally spoke up. "I feel I have an obligation to the deceased, even though I must admit that I am, perhaps, a little lost at the moment." He shook his head. "I believe I just need some time to orient myself?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 pm

"Right, then, have fun. Boomer, Konorad, let's grab the jolly boat from the Red Lens and start moving it to that lake. Knowledge, adventure, and (non-deceased significant) treasure await!" Torque starts making his way to the docks.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Boomer rolls her eyes and follows Torque's lead.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 am

The group heading to the ship manages to find the jolly boat and in turn they manage to make their way to the lake with out any problems. The lake appears to be rather empty except for the island in the center.

The group heading to do the funeral are solemnly greeted by Mari upon arriving. From the cliff it is possible to see the troubled sea and a line of dark clouds rolling in.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 am

"Hmmh, troubled skies for a tragic day. Let us work quick. Yah' picked a fine spot for yah' brother, Mari. Peaceful, but wit' view and melodies of da' sea an' wind, at dem' strongest."

Shallow quickly starts digging out a grave for Shinestone, singing a mournful, but high-spirited tune as he did, to help him work, and raise everypony's spirits a bit. He invites everyone to join him in on the work and singing, as a way to pay respects to the fallen.

"I don't know Shinestone well enough ta' be sure, but I tink' he'd like ta' see da' crew workin' togetha', strong and praisin', den' sheddin' tears. Let us prepare a farewell in high spirits!"

Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:58 pm

As Konorad, Boomer, and Torque made their way to the island in the center of the lake, Torque tried to see if there were any clear entrances to the tomb visible from the surface (otherwise they might have to go underwater right away to even get in).

Perception:

OOC: Does the jolly boat have four oars or six?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Hmmh, troubled skies for a tragic day. Let us work quick. Yah' picked a fine spot for yah' brother, Mari. Peaceful, but wit' view and melodies of da' sea an' wind, at dem' strongest."

Shallow quickly starts digging out a grave for Shinestone, singing a mournful, but high-spirited tune as he did, to help him work, and raise everypony's spirits a bit. He invites everyone to join him in on the work and singing, as a way to pay respects to the fallen.

"I don't know Shinestone well enough ta' be sure, but I tink' he'd like ta' see da' crew workin' togetha', strong and praisin', den' sheddin' tears. Let us prepare a farewell in high spirits!"

Athletics:

You effortlessly dig a grave for Shinestone and while you sing and dance the mood of the crew begins to improve some even joining in the song. Afterwards Mari approaches you " I can not even begin to express my gratitude towards you and your crew. I look forwards to our paths crossing again if only under lighter circumstances." Those that look out to the sea can see that the sea and sky are becoming increasingly troubled and turbulent.

Lyntermas wrote:As Konorad, Boomer, and Torque made their way to the island in the center of the lake, Torque tried to see if there were any clear entrances to the tomb visible from the surface (otherwise they might have to go underwater right away to even get in).

Perception:

OOC: Does the jolly boat have four oars or six?
The boat has four oars
There are no clear entrances to the tomb from the surface however you can tell that the island is actually the top of the mound. If you are correct there should be an entrance at the base of the mound underwater.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm

"Those...storm clouds look rather ominous, no?" Sixty-Two said as calmly as he could. It didn't sound very calm.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:57 pm

"I can not even begin to express my gratitude towards you and your crew. I look forwards to our paths crossing again if only under lighter circumstances."
"Hah! As do we. Yah' be leavin' soon? Can't blame yah. Seemed like yah' still had tings ta' do here, no? I'm guessin' yah' no longer be in a mood for treasure huntin'?"

"Those...storm clouds look rather ominous, no?"
"Dat' it does. Nature likes ta' be dramatic at times, doesn't it? Den' again, dis' be a bit suspect..."

Perception/Arcana:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Zarhon wrote:
"I can not even begin to express my gratitude towards you and your crew. I look forwards to our paths crossing again if only under lighter circumstances."
"Hah! As do we. Yah' be leavin' soon? Can't blame yah. Seemed like yah' still had tings ta' do here, no? I'm guessin' yah' no longer be in a mood for treasure huntin'?"

"Those...storm clouds look rather ominous, no?"
"Dat' it does. Nature likes ta' be dramatic at times, doesn't it? Den' again, dis' be a bit suspect..."

Perception/Arcana:
"There is nothing left on this island that is of intrest... or that is what Shimmer has told me. If that was an offer then I must decline as we must leave before the storm makes setting out impossible."

As far as you can tell the storm is natural and from what you can tell abnormal only in it's strength.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Sixty-Two backs another couple of hooves away from the cliffside. Then, with a gulp, he turns to Shallow. "So," he says in a voice that makes it clear he is attempting to get his mind off the cliffside. "What can I do to help the process along?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:52 pm

"There is nothing left on this island that is of intrest... or that is what Shimmer has told me. If that was an offer then I must decline as we must leave before the storm makes setting out impossible."
"Ahhh, so you know Shimmer? Made a passin' acquaintance wit' her, before we bumped inta' yah'. She be polite. Crew-member, I be guessin'?"

"What can I do to help the process along?"

"Well, got any prayers in dem' books of yah's? Or maybe someting ta' spruce up da' grave? Could use a tombstone. Someting ta' keep da' storm from soakin or blowin' us away mid-ceremony would be nice as well."

Shallow then considered Mari's words, and the oncoming storm.

"Hmm, actually, I tink' it mite' be a good idea ta' make sure our own boat don't get blown away or scuttled by da' storm."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:26 pm

"It seems that the entrance we seek is below the water. Konorad, do your thing." Konorad's black horn shone with magic, then he shot it down at the floor of the boat. Green magic enveloped the boat and its passengers, and the boat started to sink into the water. After some experimentation, they found that they could use the oars to navigate the boat under the water. Torque then took a turn "rowing" the boat toward the bottom of the mound, while looking again for the entrance.

Perception:

OOC: I have really weird luck. It tends to balance out VERY quickly.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 am

Lyntermas wrote:
Perception:
OOC: I have really weird luck. It tends to balance out VERY quickly.

In the gloom you can not see an entrance however just on the edge of your vision you can see robot sharks. Also now you are under the surface you can tell that all the water is poisonous.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

The Cyborg looks around for danger herself as well.

Perception check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:The Cyborg looks around for danger herself as well.

Perception check:

You can see a stone archway heading into the tomb just ahead at the base of the lake's island. Looking around you can not see anything living in the lake this is rather unusual the lake might be contaminated with mercury.

OOC please let Lynt RP just a bit...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Sixty-Two thinks for a moment, then turns toward the grave, pulling his book from nowhere, carefully adjusting his cloak to make sure it looked like he pulled it from there. Or, at least, to attempt such. Then. with a deep breath and a quick flip through the pages, he licked his lips slightly and then thrust his hoof towards the gravestone. The wind whipped up and the earth shook as a singular word bellowed forth from the colt's mouth.

"Paxstone!"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:29 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:In the gloom you can not see an entrance however just on the edge of your vision you can see robot sharks. Also now you are under the surface you can tell that all the water is poisonous.

Torque goes into a panic. "...Robot sharks!?! Who makes robot sharks!?! And why is all the water poisoned?. Wait, are we drinking it or breathing it? What kind of miserable Marine makes robot sharks and poisons all the water to guard a freaking tomb!?! What about the poor children who just want a nice swim in the lake? We gotta get out of here! Go up, go up!"

Torque frantically grabs the oars and tries "flapping" them up and down in an attempt to get the boat to rise. However, since the oars are pushing water in both directions, all he really succeeds in is bobbing the boat up and down a bit.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 pm

"I don't see any robotic sharks... But I do think the Water seems to have some mercury, from what I can tell..." Boomer reactions and tries to calm down her friend.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next