Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 7 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 pm

I've now finished it:

Meet Lunar the Hippogriff

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 7 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I'm going to try and finish it asap, but this is what I've got so far:

Lunar the Hippogriff (WIP)

I know I don't have access to it... *peers curiously at the page*
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Woopsie.... Fixed that now... Still not finished yet, but the link should work. Forgot to change the settings. I hate when I do that. Embarassed
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Not part of this group but it is my duty to inform you that zer0n has been sighted Today at 9:47 pm according to the forums.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I've now finished it:

Meet Lunar the Hippogriff
quoted just to make sure you see the finished off sheet... It isn't great. But I liked it overall.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 pm

So I went ahead and compiled a list of everyone's character and whether they're currently in or not. Consider it an updated version of Pingcode's list from a few pages back.

Confirmed:
1. Composed Luthier (Curunir)
2. Wandering Eye (Dusk Raven)
3. Cobbled Stone (casey1859)
4. Iggy (deonte9109)
5. Brilliant Shimmer (me!)

Confirmed but MIA:
1. Rusty Bolt (Zer0n)
2. Fire Drop (felix)

Unconfirmed:
1. Tehina Bint Salad (Pingcode)
2. Lunar (Xel Unknown)
3. Scorch (Paper Shadow)

Let me know if I messed anything up there! Razz
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:05 pm

I think I should quickly explain something about Scorch. If you look at his Freaky Knowledge racial, you see that he has Intimidation and *Insert Name Here*. See, Scorch's reason for adventuring is because somepony he knows is going on an adventure, and so he is tagging along to protect them. And since the adventuring pony is a member of the party, for that idea to work, I need someone to be able to manage to fit a dragon assistant into their families history. I then take Freaky Knowledge in that character, giving me a +5 bonus in checks that involve them (such as Athletics to carry them while flying, Heal to help with their injuries, Perception to find them, so on so forth)...

Of course, if no one is interested, I can easily change it (after all, it's only one half of Freaky Knowledge and the reason for adventure, it's simple to change). I'm just putting it out there now so, if Scorch is chosen, I don't have to delay the game by having to find someone interested...

But still, may the best character win...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Retro: How very convenient!

Paper: Hmm... I imagine several characters might reasonably have a dragon sidekick. Is there anypony you have a preference for?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:I think I should quickly explain something about Scorch. If you look at his Freaky Knowledge racial, you see that he has Intimidation and *Insert Name Here*. See, Scorch's reason for adventuring is because somepony he knows is going on an adventure, and so he is tagging along to protect them. And since the adventuring pony is a member of the party, for that idea to work, I need someone to be able to manage to fit a dragon assistant into their families history. I then take Freaky Knowledge in that character, giving me a +5 bonus in checks that involve them (such as Athletics to carry them while flying, Heal to help with their injuries, Perception to find them, so on so forth)...

Of course, if no one is interested, I can easily change it (after all, it's only one half of Freaky Knowledge and the reason for adventure, it's simple to change). I'm just putting it out there now so, if Scorch is chosen, I don't have to delay the game by having to find someone interested...

Like Dusk said, there are plenty of characters who *could* fit him into their backstory, present company included. Any particular preference?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 am

I have no preference. If anything, maybe a pony who can't fly, but that's about it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 am

Paper Shadow wrote:I have no preference. If anything, maybe a pony who can't fly, but that's about it...
So... everyone except Iggy and Lunar! Looking at the list, I just noticed we're pretty unicorn-heavy.

As for me, Scorch could fit into Brilliant's backstory fairly easily, either as an old friend, someone she met as part of the Guard, or even someone hired by her family to keep tabs on her.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 am

Paper Shadow wrote:I think I should quickly explain something about Scorch. If you look at his Freaky Knowledge racial, you see that he has Intimidation and *Insert Name Here*. See, Scorch's reason for adventuring is because somepony he knows is going on an adventure, and so he is tagging along to protect them. And since the adventuring pony is a member of the party, for that idea to work, I need someone to be able to manage to fit a dragon assistant into their families history. I then take Freaky Knowledge in that character, giving me a +5 bonus in checks that involve them (such as Athletics to carry them while flying, Heal to help with their injuries, Perception to find them, so on so forth)...

So, when you say that Scorch is adventuring because someone else is,are you referring to this adventure? Or is it somebody who is already adventuring anyway?
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:As for me, Scorch could fit into Brilliant's backstory fairly easily, either as an old friend, someone she met as part of the Guard, or even someone hired by her family to keep tabs on her.
Out of those options, I would say old friend would be best. Basically, the closer Scorch is to the other character, the better (exceptions obviously exist)...

casey1859 wrote:So, when you say that Scorch is adventuring because someone else is,are you referring to this adventure? Or is it somebody who is already adventuring anyway?
I'm going to say that it is this adventure, but if the character was already adventuring before, I don't see a reason why Scorch wouldn't accompany them...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 pm

So, when exactly tomorrow are we starting?
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:37 am

Truth be told, even I don't know.

I got back from my thing later and tireder than I expected, so even though game will still be starting tomorrow, I have no idea exactly when it'll be because I'll be needing to reread everything and reabsorb the info you guys have given me into my head. Probably around 3:00 PM CST though. See a bit below for more details.

Pingcode, by the way, is genuinely not going to be able to play. On the postive side to this, that means Paper Shadow and Xel are both in!

Though I must admit I'm not sure exactly what kind of tactics your character is using there, Xel. If the answer is "no tactics; I just like this build for [insert reason]" that's perfectly okay, I'm just curious if you do have some as to what they are is all.

GENERAL RULES TO FOLLOW AND THINGS TO BE AWARE OF DURING THIS CAMPAIGN:
*I am a moderately busy man. "busy" meaning "I have things I need to do literally every day of the week" and "moderately" meaning "But also several stretches of significant time in between those things I have to do". Thusly, I will have time to update each day, and I will be doing so, and during those times I will be quick to respond to your posts, BUT there will also be times each day where I do nothing for several hours in a row. "Well duh" you think, and certainly later in the game this is to be expected, certainly, but I'm warning you guys that even now at the start when you're all buzzing to go and have been waiting patiently for my input, I will be off-and-on for...periods. I'm sorry; it's what I can do.
*DCs: Sometimes I will tell you what the DC on a check is. Sometimes I will not. The reasons for this are my own, but are not arbitrary. The DC challenge list is as follows (Similar to the PH Handbook, but probably not exactly the same):
DC 10: Rolling to make sure you don't crit fail; even a novice should have an easy time with this, and even if they don't with a little help they'll get it. Easy. Example: picking up a lgihtweight object of moderate volume.
DC 15: Still not at all difficult, but you'll need to try if you're not trained or naturally skilled at whatever you are being called to do, though that's only if you don't have time to kill. Not-so-easy. Example: washing a load of dishes by hoof.
DC 20: Amateurs beware; without help there might be a real risk of failure here. Trained professionals will not have trouble here. The task is one of moderate difficulty. Example: Climbing a tree with no clear footholds.
DC 25: Amateurs should probably not attempt this even with help; trained professionals may want to work in a team. Masters of the craft will succeed at this task more than half the time. Hard difficulty. Example: writing a sophisticated but relatively small computer program with a two-day deadiline.
DC 30: Masters alone should be attempting this and still may fail. Master difficulty. Example: making the perfect sandwich.
DC 35: Extremely difficult. Masters will usually not succeed at this task unless given time. Example: Creating a great piece of art (a masterpiece).
DC 40: This and above are considered unattainable by anyone but the most specialized of masters. Example: Operating on an "inoperable" tumor.
DC 50-DC 80: This is considered physically impossible by most ponies, but is technically stuff that's perfectly possible - but only so through the power of friendship. Examples in increasing difficulty: "Performing a Sonic Rainboom" to "Performing a Sonic Rainboom on Command" to "Performing a Sonic Rainboom from a halted position".
DC 90 - DC 100: This is stuff that is actually impossible for ponies; at least not without copious amounts of friendship AND a very strong ability to help each other amongst SEVERAL friends. Example: Lifting a continent with ponykinesis.
DC 150: Yeah this is stuff that is just straight impossible for ponies. Examples: Anything that Discord or the Elements of Harmony have done in canon.
*In addition to all that, I hope everypony remembers that even if you aren't Generosity, magic points can be spent to increase any roll (including an enemy's, if you like) by 10.
*It should also be noted that I treat getting a Nat 20 as improving your basic roll to a 35 and a Cutie Mark Critical as improving it to a 50 - and that's before bonuses! It should also be noted that DCs scale as you level up, which means by the end of the game if your characters have roleplayed sufficently awesomely then I'll be giving you DC 25 checks for "inoperable" brain tumors in the event that you actually have to perform some surgery(you won't have to do this). The DC for "actually impossible" (150) will never change, however.
*In character, I will sometimes lie to you unless you are throughout the campaign very lucky with Persuasion checks and always ask the right questions with the Element of Honesty. Out of character (As a narrator/PH) I will never lie to you, nor will I ever use sarcasm so that I can say later "oh, I wasn't lying, I was being sarcastic". However, sometimes as narrator I will withhold information from you - either I will not mention it unless you specifically ask, or I will refuse to clarify even if you specifically ask or occasionally even ignore that you asked at all if even an "I can't tell you" would be giving away too much information. I reserve the right to do any of those things, BUT will never do the second or third things if you ask me using an in-game power that allows you to ask certain questions of me (like Twitchy Tail).
*Any power that can be used "Once per game session"? Change that to "Once per Scenario" and we're fine.
*I will post more in this topic when I think of it.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:On the postive side to this, that means Paper Shadow and Xel are both in!
Sweet. Now who wants a dragon?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am

I DO!

(And then things got meta)
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:I DO!

(And then things got meta)
Do I get a +5 Freaky Knowledge bonus to all rolls I make if I say yes? If not, no...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Though I must admit I'm not sure exactly what kind of tactics your character is using there, Xel. If the answer is "no tactics; I just like this build for [insert reason]" that's perfectly okay, I'm just curious if you do have some as to what they are is all.
Xel posted his tactic in the Overpowered Thread...

Xel Unknown wrote:Now if you don't see how the this seems to be broken and overpowered:

Turn one: Trance + Ritual Knife + Berserker’s Rage

Turn two and beyond: Defensive Fighting + Below the Belt

This would lead to dazelocking all solo fights without question.
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Well Basically the combat plan is always to doing Berserker’s Rage turn one... Then defencive fighting... The Overpowerness of comboing with Below the Belt... I didn't realize until after it was pointed out to me. So I posted there. Outside of combat... I'm not really got much of plan for it. Other then trying to play up the whole Raised by Wolves angle as far as I can do it.

There are other options I've got to use with this combat build like saving up pips to use payday with Berserker's Rage or using a minor support like system with Draw Blood... Basically I enjoy the idea of my "no-crits" build.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:On the postive side to this, that means Paper Shadow and Xel are both in!
Sweet. Now who wants a dragon?

Well, Retro seems the most eager candidate, but other than that I'm sure Wandering Eye would have appreciated a traveling companion such as Scortch. Which would take some work as that would mean Scorch would be one of the few individuals (at least at the start) to know some of Wandering Eye's own secrets...

So, would you rather Scortch be the scion of a unicorn princess or the sidekick of a Lovecraftian Adventurer Archaeologist?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Holy cow you guys it actually started!

HOMYGOSH
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:So, would you rather Scorch be the scion of a unicorn princess or the sidekick of a Lovecraftian Adventurer Archaeologist?
Hmm, choices were never my strong point. Since the opening message was sent to Scorch as well, he won't be going on this adventure purely for protecting someone. Let me flip a coin...

Two heads. That means I'm going with Wandering Eye. I guess that makes sense. I did give suggestions with your original ideas about a character with duality. Secretly, it was destined...

Quick question though; since I doubt Scorch would be friends with anyone outside of his "family" (and he has been alive for several decades), do you wish for Scorch to have been raised by Wandering's family, or the family of the friend who you spent a lot of time with, and by proxy have spent a lot of time with Wandering to consider him a friend and assist him with his research? I'm happy with either one...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Several decades, huh? So he'd have quite a history with whatever family he winds up with. If it was Eye's family, that... could go a number of ways, given that I haven't planned too much about his family other than that it's not nearly as troubled as Sharp Star's family. As for Sharp Star's family, I'm not sure Tome Peeker would have been able to take care of a baby dragon and a granddaughter, although Scorch's presence may have explained Wandering Eye's and Sharp Star's adventurousness as a kid. Granted, Scorch would have hatched after Silver Key's disappearance and while Sharp Star's parents were still alive...

Other downside with that is Scorch would know most if not all of what Tome Peeker knows, including the adventures of Tome and his mother and Silver Key - and the mystery surrounding Silver Key's disappearance and Tome's mother's breakdown. Now, since Wandering Eye's special talent is finding out secrets, he probably knows a lot already despite Tome's efforts to keep stuff hidden, but my plan is that he doesn't know the whole truth... which is mostly me avoiding planning too much about what happened until I clear stuff with APW, or until he makes it up for me.

Of course, we could always just put Scorch with Professor Far Fetch, and that would put him in contact with Wandering Eye...

Am I making sense? I'm mostly just rambling at the moment.

Also, APW, are we starting separately in our own areas of choice, with a portal to lead us to the same place?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

That is exactly what is happening, Dusk Raven! Keen eye on you.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:That is exactly what is happening, Dusk Raven! Keen eye on you.

Oh. That was a portal? ...whoops
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next