Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 35 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:52 pm

casey1859 wrote:
attacks:
First, we are fighting two Unicorn Guards, so could you specify which one you are hitting?

And second, Brilliant Shimmer (Retro) is on 24 HP and Grizzle (NPC) is on 27 HP, assuming we started combat on full HP, so choose one of those...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 35 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  casey1859 Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
casey1859 wrote:
attacks:
First, we are fighting two Unicorn Guards, so could you specify which one you are hitting?

And second, Brilliant Shimmer (Retro) is on 24 HP and Grizzle (NPC) is on 27 HP, assuming we started combat on full HP, so choose one of those...

Wow coulda sworn I specified that
Wow
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomNumbers9041 Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:39 am

Um... did I skip over something, or did everyone completely forget Plug exists? I might've missed something... :I

RandomNumbers9041
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 am

RandomNumbers9041 wrote:Um... did I skip over something, or did everyone completely forget Plug exists? I might've missed something... :I
If anything, Plug has gone stealthy again and will break some necks later...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:07 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
casey1859 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Okay, takes us through everything that has happened between my turn and the end of Cobbled's turn...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
RandomNumbers9041 wrote:Um... did I skip over something, or did everyone completely forget Plug exists? I might've missed something... :I
If anything, Plug has gone stealthy again and will break some necks later...

He's outside watching the cave entrance, remember?

Paper Shadow wrote:
casey1859 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Okay, takes us through everything that has happened between my turn and the end of Cobbled's turn...

Oh, uh...you defeated Unicorn Guard B and he defeated Unicorn Guard A.

Actually, it was the other way around, but I wanted to see if I could guess right before looking. Razz That also explains the confusion (if not Cobbled's question) in that I said you both KO'd Unicorn Guard A when in reality you got both of them.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:06 pm

oh okay. I guess that works?
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Well, with that sorted out, it's Dusk's turn...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomNumbers9041 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Question: How is it that I was the only one that was directly threatened, and one of two ponies who was even on that floor, but I'm going LAST? It's should've been at least a round or two for the rest of the party to even show up!

...just saying, it's kinda frustrating...
...stupid lousy 1...

RandomNumbers9041
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm

RandomNumbers9041 wrote:Question: How is it that I was the only one that was directly threatened, and one of two ponies who was even on that floor, but I'm going LAST? It's should've been at least a round or two for the rest of the party to even show up!

...just saying, it's kinda frustrating...
...stupid lousy 1...
Well, keep in mind that, in-character, a round takes 6 seconds, and we most likely started moving when he heard to cave collapse, so it isn't too unreasonable. See it more that your character had been distracted for a second or two by the swarm of ponies and a dragon rushing into the room before getting to work. Besides, even if you would have a round or two to yourself, you would still be last, and you wouldn't have the rest of the party to tank some blows, so you would be against all the enemies with only Grizzle to support. I wouldn't be surprised if you started the first turn bloodied and with a bunch of status conditions...

Although I do understand why you are frustrated. PbPs can be slow, with everyone being in different timezones and sometimes missing messages about their turn and whatnot, and you want to fight...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:20 am

nudge nudge wink wink hint hint
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Dusk is in critical condition after nearly drowning in MLP fanfic.

He is expected to recover.

Hey, it was great fanfic. Also, reading was about the only thing I could do on that netbook...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:
Actions:
Actually, that turned out to be not working as intended, to the surprise of everyone. Apparently we are suppose to gain access to the combat talents we individually didn't bring into combat, not all of us gaining access to the combat talents the person who activated the special has. The devs just worded it horribly, horribly wrong. Here's the updated version, which can be seen in the combat talents document if you check...

Combat Talents Document wrote:12: Target creature gains Resist 3d8 until the end of your next turn. In addition, until the end of the encounter you and up to six allies gain access to all their combat talents, instead of just the ones they selected for this battle
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:06 pm

I figured that's how it worked, but you all "corrected" me the first time I used it Razz.

Rerolled resistance to: 15
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:I figured that's how it worked, but you all "corrected" me the first time I used it :P.

Quiet you...

I'm assuming no 8s?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Retrokinesis wrote:I figured that's how it worked, but you all "corrected" me the first time I used it Razz.

Quiet you...

I'm assuming no 8s?
Oh, that can trigger a crit? Because it was 8, 5, 2.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:
Retrokinesis wrote:I figured that's how it worked, but you all "corrected" me the first time I used it :P.

Quiet you...

I'm assuming no 8s?
Oh, that can trigger a crit? Because it was 8, 5, 2.
Yep, it triggers a crit. Any time you roll an 8 on a d8, a 10 on a d10, or a 12 on a d12, you trigger a crit...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Well, that means I do 1d10 damage to... Earth Pony Scientist too! Rolling... 10 Shocked. Can a crit off of a crit trigger a crit? Not that it matters in this case, because I don't think anyone is wounded yet...
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:Well, that means I do 1d10 damage to... Earth Pony Scientist too! Rolling... 10 Shocked. Can a crit off of a crit trigger a crit? Not that it matters in this case, because I don't think anyone is wounded yet...
YES, it can... Any time you get the max on a d8, d10, and d12, you get a crit effect triggered.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Well, it looks like Grizzle is the only one wounded so I'll heal him for 6 (1, 5). NOW I'm done!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:Well, it looks like Grizzle is the only one wounded so I'll heal him for 6 (1, 5). NOW I'm done!
Aww, I was hoping for another 12, then I would posted a gif and whatnot...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:21 pm

You could still post it just to share.

And Xel im a little jelly about your profile pic
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm back- If you can give me Composed's current combat statistics I can jump in whenever his turn is. Meanwhile- time for me to catch up on some reading here!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Forgive me for being a rules lawyer for the other side, but I believe you can only take one standard action and one minor action?

In other news, at some point, Wandering Eye will have to take some time with Luna... and retrain his combat abilities. As it is, some of the stuff (Like Form of the Reaper) isn't quite working out... primarily because it depends on Wander being the tank or otherwise attracting attacks, and right now he's probably the least likely to draw aggro.

Of course, given the sheer number of (save ends) effects the party seems to have, it looks like I'll get some use out of Despair after all.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Forgive me for being a rules lawyer for the other side, but I believe you can only take one standard action and one minor action?

I know! But I took

Floating Orchestra (Training Certificate) - 2000 Gold
Trinket
When you purchase this item, choose a trait that you meet the prerequisites for. While you have the Training Certificate equipped, you are considered to have the chosen trait. You may equip more than one Training Certificate at once, as long as the traits they supply are different from one another.

to get

Circling Instruments (Motion Blur)
You may take an additional minor action each turn

Luthier has two minor actions each turn. I believe I made some use of that last battle too.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next