Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 19 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 am

This probably won't be a shock to Wandering Eye but I'd always thought Timber Wolves were just supposed to be in the Everfree Forest, given their magical nature.

Supposed, mind. Just asking for clarification with APW's canon.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 19 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Retrokinesis Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 am

I always figured they were magical constructs not live animals, at least the ones that showed-up in Spike at Your Service.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 pm

True, but the bigger question is... How would Lunar view them? Friend or foe? I'm totally without a clue, but I am sure he'd know them well enough to view them one way or another, regardless of if it's true or not.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:02 pm

I think they'd count as animalistic creature and therefore Lunar would be able to talk to them on friendly terms.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:58 pm

So I'm like, "Those metal tortoises sound a lot like tanks. I wonder if Wandering Eye knows about those? Hmm, that sounds a bit outside his field... more like engineering than occult. Hang on, didn't his childhood friend Sharp Star go into engineering? That might be handy..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:So I'm like, "Those metal tortoises sound a lot like tanks. I wonder if Wandering Eye knows about those? Hmm, that sounds a bit outside his field... more like engineering than occult. Hang on, didn't his childhood friend Sharp Star go into engineering? That might be handy..."
It'd be more handy if Sharp Star was here. But still, now that's it has been pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets added into the DM's loom...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:So I'm like, "Those metal tortoises sound a lot like tanks. I wonder if Wandering Eye knows about those? Hmm, that sounds a bit outside his field... more like engineering than occult. Hang on, didn't his childhood friend Sharp Star go into engineering? That might be handy..."
It'd be more handy if Sharp Star was here. But still, now that's it has been pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets added into the DM's loom...

Well, I'm banking on the fact that Sharp Star may have talked about stuff with Wander at some point. Of course, I'll understand if the GM makes the DC to remember such stuff fairly high.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Whether they be tanks, robot, or literal giant metal tortoises, I can safely spoil that they're a bit more advanced than anything Equestria's got right now. So I can see how a talk or two with SS might help you here, but probably not as much as you think it will. Razz

Still, if you want to perform a miracle of engineering, you can roll a DC 50 Mechanics check to spontaneously invent a tank in your head - though whether or not that matches up to what the turtles actually are I cannot say.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Regardless, we are now goin' to play the waitting game on Casey... He's not yet updated his items by the way I have noticed.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm

That is a point - Casey seems to have a habit of not posting for two-three days at a time.

It's a mild inconvenience now, but the next time we get into battle we will by definition be waiting on his input once a round...every other if he's unlucky and his foe is the stunning type.

Apologies for the bluntness, but hint-hint.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Whether they be tanks, robot, or literal giant metal tortoises, I can safely spoil that they're a bit more advanced than anything Equestria's got right now. So I can see how a talk or two with SS might help you here, but probably not as much as you think it will. Razz

Still, if you want to perform a miracle of engineering, you can roll a DC 50 Mechanics check to spontaneously invent a tank in your head - though whether or not that matches up to what the turtles actually are I cannot say.

I'll pass. Razz

I figured having them be "just" tanks was too easy, and any conclusions Wandering Eye could make would be premature and possibly misleading... and he knows it. Still, it's what popped into my mind when I heard the description... though, as Wander said, again, more details are needed.

Hmm... man, I have way too many backstory ideas for Wandering Eye... and some backstory antagonists that I need to start dropping hints about... just in case you decide to use them for a future campaign (I assume this one is at least... mostly thought-out).
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Go right the zetta ahead man.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Well, if you've been reading SilentBelle's Overseer's Challenge thread you might have seen me mention "The Watchers" ...Oh, how I'm going to enjoy working on them.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 19 EvilCadenceEvilSmile_zpsda16b16d
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:35 pm

For those who don't know, a Watcher can be many things, including a dog with a mouth for a face and a lack of eyes for something called a Watcher. On that note Dusk, as much as I liked the name drop, if you kill my kobolds, I'll kill you. Somehow. Probably...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 pm

So is Slendermane a "Watcher"?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Possibly.

It's a little easier to explain if anypony's played Amnesia: The Dark Descent...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh, twisted abominations of flesh and steel crafted by an otherworldly monster for the purpose of harvesting raw suffering? That's... fun?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 pm

So that's what they were for... but I was more referring to the effect they have when you look at them.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Yeah, I think that's why they call them the Gatherers too. Basically, they freak your vision out when you look at them?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Your vision. Your sanity. And if you stare long enough... they see you.

The Watchers are all that, except they're ethereal, intelligent, and completely alien. They break apart reality wherever they go, and can break apart minds that come into contact with theirs. And all it takes is a look.

Wandering Eye has had some... negative experiences with them. All he knows is that they're planning something... but they're so different it's hard to know what. Or why.

...So yeah, Slender-things which can break ponies' sanity and who act like stoic, calculated versions of the worst of the Fair Folk. For my nemesis I need something that sounds less stupid in text...

Also:

Paper Shadow wrote:On that note Dusk, as much as I liked the name drop, if you kill my kobolds, I'll kill you. Somehow. Probably...

You have kobolds?

And lastly, anypony can make Perception rolls on Wandering Eye if they so choose... Scorch gets his +5 bonus for Freaky Knowledge.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 pm

You ask me if you can hint at stuff, I say yes, and you insert an entire mythology into the OOC topic.

Not sure how I feel about this.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:On that note Dusk, as much as I liked the name drop, if you kill my kobolds, I'll kill you. Somehow. Probably...

You have kobolds?
The kobolds you are currently fighting in the Overseer's Challenge were designed by me. I was excited to see them, but somewhat dissappointed when someone got a 19 on the initiative roll, since if a kobold goes first, they have a trap set up (which is why the first person to attack lept over a pitfall trap)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 pm

I wondered what the pit trap was about...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:You ask me if you can hint at stuff, I say yes, and you insert an entire mythology into the OOC topic.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Well, you are perfectly at liberty to ignore it... but left to my own devices, I create mythology.

Now, granted, two-thirds of the stuff I was planning for Wandering Eye to hint at isn't even true. Most of which I leave the GM up to decide, but some stuff is more questionable then others. He believes, for instance, that any missing items of his are due to a cult which sneaks into his residences and steals semi-random items for no reason that he can determine, sometimes putting them back days, months, or years later.

In fairness, he's really good at finding stuff so when he can't find something that's his he assumes it's gone gone and not under the couch that's in storage in the basement. Because he's already looked there.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 pm

As long as we get to launch an orbital friendship nuke into their many-eyed not-faces! I actually kind of love the idea of a group of Lovecraftian horrors who think they're in a cosmic horror story and are then all "Aww, dammit, we're in Friendship is Magic guys..." before exploding. Because of friendship. Tactical friendship. Which is admittedly going to be difficult if Brilliant flays Iggy alive with her mind for being annoying Razz.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:59 am

casey1859 wrote:(\Ugghhh, I am SOOOOO sorry. It's just these past few weeks, standardized testing, tying up all these loose ends, FAILING 2 GOSH-DARN CLASSES. It's just really stressful, and I've been really trying to bring these grades up. Just...really stressed./)
Don't worry. If you aren't around often due to grades, it's fine. Many people on these forums have done the same. We were just concerned that you'd be unavailable for days for no reason, but now that we do know why, take all the time you need...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next