Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

+5
Curunir
casey1859
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
9 posters

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 12 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  Retrokinesis Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Starry place, hmm? That sounded vague and ominous enough to be the key to this whole mystery. Brilliant felt it was crucial they learned what it was... hopefully, before she had to resort to mental magic of some kind. She turned to Rock Salt and gave him her best concerned look: "Please, tell us. With your help we can stop anypony else from going there again".
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 12 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  deonte9109 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Iggy's anger returned with sudden quickness.
"I am two seconds from being on your plot like white on rice and a glass of milk in snowstorm! This entire thing is already agitating me and now you are beginning to press my last button. Do not ever call me pretty as if you're trying to make a pass at me I will buck up your teeth so bad that you will be considered a modern art masterpiece. I do not care for your sob story or your pathetic need for friends. I am not your friend nor will I ever. The need and desire to be friends with other ponies is nothing more than a crutch that weak minded ponies rely on."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Plug is taken aback for a second before letting the smirk pass his face once more. "Well, in all technicality, you did hit on me first," he says in a quiet voice. "And I believe I told you then that I don't swing that way."

Before the situation can escalate any further, a voice rings throughout the halls - or, rather, with its depth, echoes. "Guards," Princess Luna nods to the group as a whole, walking unceasingly towards the doors. The guards salute with proper reverence. "Our guest and I require access to this room." As she raises her hoof and knocks upon the great wooden doors, she turns back to Scorch. "Unless, of course, you prefer to stay outside?" Then, without waiting for an actual answer, she turns towards the doors again. "Wandering Eye! We may, perhaps, have occasion to speak with you after all!"

Dusk Raven wrote:

"Why is it a bad place? What's there?"

Spoiler:

[Hmm... perhaps it's time to take advantage of Magic Makes It All Complete... there's a few talents that could be useful.]

Retrokinesis wrote:Starry place, hmm? That sounded vague and ominous enough to be the key to this whole mystery. Brilliant felt it was crucial they learned what it was... hopefully, before she had to resort to mental magic of some kind. She turned to Rock Salt and gave him her best concerned look: "Please, tell us. With your help we can stop anypony else from going there again".
Spoiler:

At first Rock Salt seems hesitant, but upon Brilliant's shimmering in his direction he smiles a tad and seems to resign himself to his fate, gathering courage and strength slowly into his voice. "The starry place...I dunno what it is but it's a bad place because they're there." He gulps once more, voice reaching a feverish rhythm once again. "With horns and heads and arms and legs and eyes and ears like us like us like us but they aren't in the right places or there are too many and it hurts to look anywhere or let them touch you or anything and there's...."

A bolt of realization, like lightning, illuminates his face. "Oh Celestia. I had forgotten. No, no, I don't want to remember their voices! DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER THEIR VOICES! I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T!"

He drops to his knees. "Starry place bad. Hurts. Hurts. Hurts. Hurts." He sobs. "They hurt me so much. So much. All alone. Hurts. Hurts."

Then, as if to represent how unaware reality is of this colt and his troubles, there is a knock on the door. A brief pause does nothing to help stifle Rock Salt's sobbing, and then Luna's voice cries out. "Wandering Eye! We may, perhaps, have occasion to speak with you after all!"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Wandering Eye was silent for a long moment. His mind was trying to make sense of what the unfortunate crystal pony was saying. Was his account accurate, or were his memories or perceptions distorted by the "starry place?" Could it be... them? But the last time I dared look at one of them, I couldn't make out that level of detail...

Luna's statement jolted him out of his thoughts. He turned towards the door and said, "Excellent, my princess. I'll be just a moment." He turned to Rock Salt and simply said, "I'm sorry." And with that he turned to the door and left the room.

He curtsied to Luna once he was in the hallway. "Here I am... so, did you wish to speak in private?" He didn't want to hazard any guesses as to what she wanted to ask him, but he was excited to speak to her once more... but... he had to wonder, were her memories of their friendship different in this reality?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Scorch had no reason to enter the room, so he stayed in the corridor, leaning against a wall as he waited...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:59 am

Deciding that was probably the most they could get out of poor Rock Salt, , Luthier turned his attention to trying to comfort the colt, sitting down near where Rock Salt had dropped to his knees- cautiously so as to not alarm him all over again.

"It's okay, we won't try to make you remember if it hurts too much. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help- I know you don't think we can protect you, but surely there's something that'll help you feel even a little better. Even if you just want to ask us again to go away, we'll do it this time, no more questions."

Luthier speaks softly to Rock Salt, deciding against putting a comforting hoof on his shoulder considering his descriptions of his strange torment.

He whispers back at Lunar and Brilliant Shimmer (not Wandering Eye, who had just left the room to speak with Luna), throwing his voice so that the barely audible sound is right by their ears.

"I think that's all we can get out of him- he's apparently been through something awful traumatic. Even convinced of our good intentions I still don't think he'd be able or willing to share more. I think it's time we leave him alone and continue with our assignment, unless he wants anything else from us."

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:20 pm

(OOC: I'd like to spend two more charges of thunderbird to bump both of those 19 rolls, into 20s...)

Lunar nods in agreement to Luthier, and just shallows his anger for whatever had done such horrors to this colt. He prommassed himself that if he were to ever meet what did this to Rock Salt, he'd fight them with all of his heart and MAKE THEM PAY!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Wandering Eye was silent for a long moment. His mind was trying to make sense of what the unfortunate crystal pony was saying. Was his account accurate, or were his memories or perceptions distorted by the "starry place?" Could it be... them? But the last time I dared look at one of them, I couldn't make out that level of detail...

Luna's statement jolted him out of his thoughts. He turned towards the door and said, "Excellent, my princess. I'll be just a moment." He turned to Rock Salt and simply said, "I'm sorry." And with that he turned to the door and left the room.

He curtsied to Luna once he was in the hallway. "Here I am... so, did you wish to speak in private?" He didn't want to hazard any guesses as to what she wanted to ask him, but he was excited to speak to her once more... but... he had to wonder, were her memories of their friendship different in this reality?

"Yes, indeed I did." The princess responded. "Please walk with me." She turns to the guards as she prepares to go, "Send the others after us once they are finished in there. Wandering Eye and I myself shall be once more in the strategy room, discussing the final details of what we needs to be done."

The guards crisply salute as Luna walks away, Wandering Eye following*. There is a tense silence for several moments as the two friends move down the opulent hallway, until finally Luna speaks once more. Well, first she sighs with relief. "Ah, finally. A chance for us to speak privately over...certain matters." She opens her mouth, then hesitates, then smiles. "So how have you been, Wander? Any...bad dreams, as of late?" This last part is spoken in a hushed whisper, despite the apparent lack of ponies around to overhear.

Curunir wrote:Deciding that was probably the most they could get out of poor Rock Salt, , Luthier turned his attention to trying to comfort the colt, sitting down near where Rock Salt had dropped to his knees- cautiously so as to not alarm him all over again.

"It's okay, we won't try to make you remember if it hurts too much. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help- I know you don't think we can protect you, but surely there's something that'll help you feel even a little better. Even if you just want to ask us again to go away, we'll do it this time, no more questions."

Luthier speaks softly to Rock Salt, deciding against putting a comforting hoof on his shoulder considering his descriptions of his strange torment.

He whispers back at Lunar and Brilliant Shimmer (not Wandering Eye, who had just left the room to speak with Luna), throwing his voice so that the barely audible sound is right by their ears.

"I think that's all we can get out of him- he's apparently been through something awful traumatic. Even convinced of our good intentions I still don't think he'd be able or willing to share more. I think it's time we leave him alone and continue with our assignment, unless he wants anything else from us."

Spoiler:

Rock Salt does not seem to visibly calm down, but he hiccups twice and quiets his sobbing for a moment. "C-ci-cider, pl-please...hurts..." and he sobs once again. He doesn't seem to hear what has been said to anypony else in the room.

*:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:The guards crisply salute as Luna walks away, Wandering Eye following*. There is a tense silence for several moments as the two friends move down the opulent hallway, until finally Luna speaks once more. Well, first she sighs with relief. "Ah, finally. A chance for us to speak privately over...certain matters." She opens her mouth, then hesitates, then smiles. "So how have you been, Wander? Any...bad dreams, as of late?" This last part is spoken in a hushed whisper, despite the apparent lack of ponies around to overhear.

[Presumption is correct.]

Wandering Eye shook his head. "Not recently, no. Not since the last time I told you about them. While I still do not control my nightmares... I'm pleased to say they do not control me. Only in times of great peril do they haunt me."

He looked at Luna for a moment. "I... I have to say, Luna, I'm glad to be able to talk with you like this. When it first became apparent that things had... changed, I wasn't sure what your memories of me would be." He smiled slightly. "I hope some pleasant ones remain."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:
Wandering Eye shook his head. "Not recently, no. Not since the last time I told you about them. While I still do not control my nightmares... I'm pleased to say they do not control me. Only in times of great peril do they haunt me."

"That is excellent to hear. It is, in fact, exactly what I had hoped you would say," Luna smiles. Then, with a small lessening of that smile, she says "You are a stronger pony than I ever was."

Dusk Raven wrote:He looked at Luna for a moment. "I... I have to say, Luna, I'm glad to be able to talk with you like this. When it first became apparent that things had... changed, I wasn't sure what your memories of me would be." He smiled slightly. "I hope some pleasant ones remain."

"Well,"
Luna says with a deep breath to back it, "The night is not yet over, and strange things still abound in Equestria. If my memories have truly been altered, who's to say they cannot be altered again?" She stops in her tracks and looks apologetically at you. "My apologies. I can be a bit gloomy and doomy sometimes, as I believe the modern parlance puts it."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:53 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"That is excellent to hear. It is, in fact, exactly what I had hoped you would say," Luna smiles. Then, with a small lessening of that smile, she says "You are a stronger pony than I ever was."

"D-Don't say that!" Eye stuttered. It was hard for him to think of Luna as... weaker than him. "You're a very strong pony... and powerful. I... well, my nightmares aren't half the strength yours must have been!" It was a discussion they'd doubtless had before, but still... it was painful to see how she blamed herself. At least he didn't have as many regrets...

"...And I think I have you to thank for... well, not to sound vain, but if I do have strength I've had it within me all the while... but you've also helped a great deal."

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Well," Luna says with a deep breath to back it, "The night is not yet over, and strange things still abound in Equestria. If my memories have truly been altered, who's to say they cannot be altered again?" She stops in her tracks and looks apologetically at you. "My apologies. I can be a bit gloomy and doomy sometimes, as I believe the modern parlance puts it."

He remained silent for a long and somber moment. "...A terrifying thought. But... perhaps some changes will be for the better.

"Speaking of changes... hmm, so many unanswered questions."
His eyes stared past her as he instead looked into his memories and thoughts. "I can't help but wonder what all has been different. The Crystal Empire's absence alone could have had quite a few effects upon history. I'm... not exactly a scholar of the Crystal Empire, but I recall a few tales of its return in... my version of history."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:11 am

Lunar pokes his head out of the room and called out. "The poor colt needs some water, RIGHT NOW!"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:05 am

Dusk Raven wrote:
"D-Don't say that!" Eye stuttered. It was hard for him to think of Luna as... weaker than him. "You're a very strong pony... and powerful. I... well, my nightmares aren't half the strength yours must have been!" It was a discussion they'd doubtless had before, but still... it was painful to see how she blamed herself. At least he didn't have as many regrets...

"I know, we've discussed this before,"
Luna acknowledges. "But still, 'tis hard for me not to feel like I-"

Dusk Raven wrote:"...And I think I have you to thank for... well, not to sound vain, but if I do have strength I've had it within me all the while... but you've also helped a great deal."

Luna blinks twice, then smiles a large smile, cheeks flushing ever-so-slightly. "I wouldn't know anything about that," she says with utmost severity, even as her cheeks threaten to split from the force of her smile. "But thank you, Wander. It means the night to me that you would say that. I trust the mental techniques I taught you are working then?"

Meanwhile, back at the door to the room, the guards were settling back into a slightly-relaxed stance. Which is to say they were now about as stiff as a tree instead of an ironing board. With the exception, of course, of Plug, who is talking: "You know, I really tried to-"

Xel Unknown wrote:Lunar pokes his head out of the room and called out. "The poor colt needs some water, RIGHT NOW!"

Plug jumps, startled. "Sir, yes sir!" he salutes, quickly running off, presumably to get some water.

Grizzle blinks, then looks back at the hippogriff. "Congrats. That's the fastest I've ever seen him move."

It is so fast, in fact, that Plug is already back with a glass of water by the time Grizzle finishes his sentence. "H-here you are," he says in his best on-duty voice, though the effect is mitigated by his being very out of breath.

The conversation between Wandering Eye and Princess Luna continues.

Dusk Raven wrote:"...A terrifying thought. But... perhaps some changes will be for the better.

"I hide many things, Wander,"
Luna says a tad archily. "But I do not erase them. Not now, not ever. I am many things, but I shall never be a liar. Altering my memories for the better is only altering the truth."

Dusk Raven wrote:"Speaking of changes... hmm, so many unanswered questions." His eyes stared past her as he instead looked into his memories and thoughts. "I can't help but wonder what all has been different. The Crystal Empire's absence alone could have had quite a few effects upon history. I'm... not exactly a scholar of the Crystal Empire, but I recall a few tales of its return in... my version of history."

"Really?" Luna says. "Well, I would like to hear such tales from a colt who has control of all his faculties. Please, let us continue walking. You may regale me on the way." This last sentence is spoken with just the slightest touch of humor.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 am

"Thank you." Lunar said with a smile to Plug, then he quickly headed back in to give Rock Salt the water.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:25 am

"Thank you, that was very fast Lunar!"

Luthier turned to Rock Salt
"I know you wanted cider, but I think that water will do you well, and seems like it was easier to get at short notice. I can do something about that if you like though."

Luthier paused a moment to remember and prepare the simple spell from his school days. His horn glowed and the drink was suddenly differently colored, looking, smelling (and tasting) like cider. He then let Lunar finish carrying the drink to Rock Salt "Probably isn't Apple quality, but should do the trick."

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:38 am

Curunir wrote:"Thank you, that was very fast Lunar!"

Luthier turned to Rock Salt
"I know you wanted cider, but I think that water will do you well, and seems like it was easier to get at short notice. I can do something about that if you like though."

Luthier paused a moment to remember and prepare the simple spell from his school days. His horn glowed and the drink was suddenly differently colored, looking, smelling (and tasting) like cider. He then let Lunar finish carrying the drink to Rock Salt "Probably isn't Apple quality, but should do the trick."

Rock Salt grabs the glass and drinks greedily before slamming the glass back on the ground hard enough for it to crack. "Thank you," he says, seeming a little more stable. "Thank you." He gulps a bit, gathering perhaps more than his courage; gathering his wits. "I-I-I-I'm going to bed. Would...would you sing me a lullaby? Please?"

Meanwhile, outside, Plug looks around, catching his breath and realizing precisely whom he'd just taken orders from. "Welp," he says, wiping his brow. Then he looks around the room a bit before settling on Scorch. "So what's your story then?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:55 am

"My story?" replies the dragon, somewhat puzzled of the guard's interest. "Trust me, it's less interesting than you think."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:06 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Luna blinks twice, then smiles a large smile, cheeks flushing ever-so-slightly. "I wouldn't know anything about that," she says with utmost severity, even as her cheeks threaten to split from the force of her smile. "But thank you, Wander. It means the night to me that you would say that. I trust the mental techniques I taught you are working then?"

"Yes," he said, smiling a little, though it didn't last. "Mostly. I still have some chaos within, but it's manageable as it's always been."

Except around her... no chaos near her.

...What are you getting at?
He replied to his own stray thought.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:

"I hide many things, Wander,"
Luna says a tad archily. "But I do not erase them. Not now, not ever. I am many things, but I shall never be a liar. Altering my memories for the better is only altering the truth."

"That... that wasn't what I meant..." He sank back a little, ears pulled back. "I didn't mean your memories, but... the truth itself... never mind."

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Really?" Luna says. "Well, I would like to hear such tales from a colt who has control of all his faculties. Please, let us continue walking. You may regale me on the way." This last sentence is spoken with just the slightest touch of humor.

"Full control of my...? Uh, sure." If that comment confused him, then the humorous tone in her last sentence was just as perplexing.

He really hated not being able to read ponies sometimes. But then again, this was Luna. It was only natural that she'd be a tough read... and the best ponies were often like great literature.

Strange analogies aside, he had a tale to tell, as he followed Luna to... wherever they were headed. Probably towards the others... an internal chuckle ensued as he wondered what everypony would think if they spent too long alone.

"Well... the Crystal Empire was sealed away around eleven centuries ago, and its evil ruler Sombra with it. About a hundred years ago, however, it suddenly reappeared in the north. Celestia sent Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (or "Cadence" for short) to investigate, followed by the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. They found that not only had the empire returned, but Sombra had as well. Cadence was able to keep him out of the city in the short-term, but... well, a better solution was needed. The Crystal Ponies, as it turned out, were unable to remember anything during the time the empire had been gone, and were unwilling to remember anything prior."

Wandering Eye took a moment to think about how to tell his story. It pained him to be telling things in such lack of detail (for him), but really, the most he knew was elementary-school knowledge. Which would hopefully be enough. "I'm a little foggy on the details, but the six bearers took it upon themselves to reignite... err, rekindle... ugh, raise the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, since it seemed the empire's magic was tied to their emotional state, and to some degree the empire's state was tied to the world itself. Anyway, they did that by means of the Crystal Fair, reminding the Crystal Ponies of the good parts of their history. Before Sombra was able to corrupt the Crystal Ponies once more, Twilight and her assistant managed to locate the Crystal Heart, the nexus of the empire, and the Crystal Ponies channeled their love and positive emotions into it, banishing Sombra and protecting the empire once more. And... well, that's the basics of how it returned.

He felt oddly like it needed an addendum. "...I have to say, though, it wasn't in the sky that time."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"My story?" replies the dragon, somewhat puzzled of the guard's interest. "Trust me, it's less interesting than you think."

Plug almost sighs. Instead, he growls at nothing in particular. "I am just having the worst luck tonight..."

Dusk Raven wrote:
"That... that wasn't what I meant..." He sank back a little, ears pulled back. "I didn't mean your memories, but... the truth itself... never mind."

Now Luna actually looks somewhat confused, but after a few moments she shrugs a little and moves on from the subject.

Dusk Raven wrote:
"Well... the Crystal Empire was sealed away around eleven centuries ago, and its evil ruler Sombra with it. About a hundred years ago, however, it suddenly reappeared in the north. Celestia sent Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (or "Cadence" for short) to investigate, followed by the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. They found that not only had the empire returned, but Sombra had as well. Cadence was able to keep him out of the city in the short-term, but... well, a better solution was needed. The Crystal Ponies, as it turned out, were unable to remember anything during the time the empire had been gone, and were unwilling to remember anything prior."

Wandering Eye took a moment to think about how to tell his story. It pained him to be telling things in such lack of detail (for him), but really, the most he knew was elementary-school knowledge. Which would hopefully be enough. "I'm a little foggy on the details, but the six bearers took it upon themselves to reignite... err, rekindle... ugh, raise the spirits of the Crystal Ponies, since it seemed the empire's magic was tied to their emotional state, and to some degree the empire's state was tied to the world itself. Anyway, they did that by means of the Crystal Fair, reminding the Crystal Ponies of the good parts of their history. Before Sombra was able to corrupt the Crystal Ponies once more, Twilight and her assistant managed to locate the Crystal Heart, the nexus of the empire, and the Crystal Ponies channeled their love and positive emotions into it, banishing Sombra and protecting the empire once more. And... well, that's the basics of how it returned.

He felt oddly like it needed an addendum. "...I have to say, though, it wasn't in the sky that time."

"Fascinating,"
Luna comments, lifting an eyebrow. "I wonder what could have caused the Empire to move here, especially like it has?" She pauses for a moment, then quirks her mouth slightly. "Well then, let us see precisely how fuzzy your knowledge of the details is. Do you know anything else of this Crystal Heart? I believe that Warmage Shimmer mentioned it was capable of magnifying magical energies, but as I have no real knowledge of it, I am a bit vague on the details?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Brilliant suppressed a giggle at Plug. She turned to the now-calmer Rock Salt and sighed. Whatever he's been through seems to have left quite a mark on him. Although he hadn't been as helpful as she had hoped, it was better than nothing. "Fine, fine. Just don't tell anypony..." She took a deep breath and began to sing what she remembered of her childhood lullaby: "Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby... And I'll sing you to sleep, and I'll see you tomorrow..."

Brilliant finishes the whole lullaby even if he seems to doze off before it's over. Blushing, she quietly adds: "My mother sang that to me when I was a little filly. I think, I mean. It's really all I remember of her".
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Rock Salt does indeed doze off before the song is over, a small smile on his face.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:44 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Fascinating," Luna comments, lifting an eyebrow. "I wonder what could have caused the Empire to move here, especially like it has?" She pauses for a moment, then quirks her mouth slightly. "Well then, let us see precisely how fuzzy your knowledge of the details is. Do you know anything else of this Crystal Heart? I believe that Warmage Shimmer mentioned it was capable of magnifying magical energies, but as I have no real knowledge of it, I am a bit vague on the details?"

"Hmm... magnifying magical energies is a good way of putting it. As I recall, it also magnifies emotions, which Sombra used to keep control over his subjects. The crystals across the empire have that to a much lesser extent, but the Crystal Heart is the nexus of it all, as I understand." His brows furrowed suddenly. "Hang on... didn't you say black crystals were forming in the rainbows of Cloudsdale? That seems familiar..."

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:
Spoiler:

Sombra's reign is full of the usual list of atrocities one might expect to find under the rule of a petty dictator with semi-realistic-but-ultimately-false beliefs that he is greater than Celestia and Luna put together: demands of worship, enslavement, evil laughter, and a tendency to tinge the sky with evil smog. Records on his rule are shaky, as Luna and Celestia put a stop to him almost immediately after they found out about him and the Crystal Ponies trapped in time and ice for 1000 years alongside him aren't exactly eager to talk about what happened. From what little can be determined, the slaves (as the entire population was) worked 20-hour days, though were at least allowed to sleep for a greater length of time when they dropped from exhaustion, and most labor was physical even when it didn't seem necessary; there is an account that at least once designs for a sort of pulley system to move crystals up the tower with much greater speed and less effort was presented to the dark unicorn by a desperate pony, and he turned the concept down flat.

In short, King Sombra's reign was one without hope, without much sense in any sense of the word, and thankfully not long lived, not counting time spent in stasis.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 pm

[Hmm... anything on Sombra's magic, particularly regarding the crystals and his effects on them?]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:07 pm

[That would require either a separate History check on the documented effects of his magic or an Arcana check to see if you can intuit anything about his magic from what little you know.]
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 42  Next