Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

+5
Curunir
casey1859
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
AProcrastinatingWriter
9 posters

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 27 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Well, the situation seemed to be deteriorating. Diplomacy, at least Scorch's version of it, was breaking down... and Wander needed to help his friend.

So the only thing he could think to do given the time would be to try and circumvent the timber wolves and the ponies, to get behind the wolf handler, and then... well, he'd cross that bridge when he got there.

It is a good day to roll a die!:

Wander makes it behind the wolf-handler without much trouble. Which is to say, none.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga - Page 27 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga

Post  Retrokinesis Thu May 16, 2013 12:10 am

Think, Brilli, think. What would Princes Celestia do? There was a time when she was a brilliant general, leading the Sunsnakes against the forces of Discord. Much of the Guard's tactics were holdovers from back then and she certainly didn't have a full squad of career soldiers to work with, but it would have to be enough.

Scorch was demonstrating why there were no dragon ambassadors, Iggy was about to do something stupid, and Wandering Eye was... gone? Hopefully he was repositioning and hadn't fled but she had no way of being sure. She scans the area, digging through her brain for a plan. If there was going to be a battle, it would be on her terms.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 16, 2013 12:50 am

There are four timberwolves, closer than any others, circling in order to gain a tactically advantageous position over Scorch - or so one would presume. The lead guard, for all intents and purposes, is moving forward at a much slower rate, letting the numerous heavy-hitting regenerating wolves go in first. The logical choice. What isn't logical is the way he's moving in - the tactically advantageous positioning would be to stay back as far as possible and use those...weaponish things, right? Like the Battle of Griffin's Pass in 732 WA (Warrior's Age). They look like they might shoot projectiles of some short. And that's what the other one is doing.

Then again, the other one is standing there all by his lonesome. Ripe for the picking, if you can get past the wooden wall of fangs that are the timberwolves. Terrain - mostly flat, stalagmites over there - technically possible, being under a rocky overhang, but still a bit too good to be true. Might be good for cover in a pinch, though.

Seems like the best idea to have this large group act as a distraction while someone else goes to kill the lights - a quick spell to light up the enemies, and the tactical advantage is yours. Like the dye-in-the-water tactics of Greenfield. Line of attack - three timberwolves seem to be going to the left of Scorch and the approaching pony is holding his weapon to his right cheek. Best to have the group approach from Scorch's right side, and do so suddenly.

...where did Plug go?

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 am

Brilliant turns towards the group and grins. Anypony who knew her fell enough would notice the mad glint in her eyes that meant she had a plan. She whispers quickly, "Alright, I've got it! Grizzle, please tell me Plug is heading towards that spotlight? Did he take Eye with him? Because that light needs to go. We're going to need to take those guards down before they either find us or decide they've had enough of Scorch. I think those things they're carrying are projectile weapons of some kind - we ambush them, I blind them with a spell, and we rush the guards past the timberwolves to Scorch's right. Any objections?"
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 am

Luthier was disappointed to see that the fake collars he had made wouldn't be useful- unless they somehow also disguised themselves as timberwolves? There were other things to worry about now. Luthier got Scorch's hint to do something, although took a moment to think what to do, since these ponies were quite disinclined to believe Scorch's lie about a bird, and at this point Luthier was sure that it wouldn't help to make the "bird squawk" emanate from the direction he had indicated. At least they hadn't found the rest of the group yet. But maybe there was still something he could do, if not neccesarily exactly what Scorch had had in mind...

"Sounds good- I might be able to help with a distraction, based off of Scorches not-so-subtle suggestion. Don't want them firing whatever those weapons are off in our directions when they're surprised." Luthier whispered in reply to Brilliant's plan, glad to see that someone was actually trying to coordinate something, instead of... whatever it was Iggy was planning, as well as whatever Plug and Wandering Eye had wandered off to do, as Brilliant Shimmer pointed out they were missing.

"Where has that dragon Scorch gotten off to?" said a voice sounding something like Wandering Eye's, off in the direction Scorch had indicated about 50 feet away- at a volume that implied the speaker was trying to be quiet, but would hopefully still be heard by the timberwolves or their masters- and definitely louder than the party's current whispering.

"Quiet everypony, seems like he's been captured by those strange ponies and their timberwolves- they're right over there, by the entrance to the caves!" said a phantom Brilliant Shimmer impersonation just a foot away from the other voice

"...I definitely think we tell Princess Luna what's going on and call for backup- How are we supposed to get past all those guards and timberwolves?" said an imaginary Luthier next to the other voices

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu May 16, 2013 2:35 am

" The lady says she wants the lights out....." Iggy says with increasing volume. Suddenly Iggy's shades began to distort. "...then the lady will have the dark."
Spoiler:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"We're doing the questions." The primary speaker has opted for a different tactic as he shuffles closer. The timberwolves are taking a wide path towards Scorch; either they're actually going for those in the bushes behind him or else they're trying to surround him. "Get on your knees and put your hands behind your head." A pause, then an afterthought: "Wings shut."
"Well, pardon me for trying to make friends for the future," Scorch replies, not doing what he was ordered to by the guard, although he does stop moving fowards...

Then Scorch hears the party's noises from the bush he pointed at, which causes him to turn his head and look in that direction. He guessed that it was a faked conversation (although it was always possible that the party somehow snuck over there), but as he heard the "party", and what they were talking about, he has a great sense of dread on his face. "That's not a bird," the dragon thinks to himself, "That's the opposite to a bird. That's worse than the opposite to a bird! THAT'S THE WORST POSSIBLE THING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE!"

(Who is the creature closest to Scorch? Is it a guard or timberwolf?)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Hoping the guards and wolves are distracted by Luthier's echo, Brilliant nods to Grizzle and the party: "Now or never. For Equestria!"

She leaps from the bushes, focusing on the first time she met Princess Celestia. An enormous amount of power flows through her as she remembers the Princess's resplendent glory and tries to duplicate the barest glimmer of it. Pulsing with light, she rushes towards the guards. "I am Brilliant Shimmer, Warmage of the Royal Guard and Noble of Canterlot! In the name of Princess Celestia, ruler of all Equestria, you are hereby ordered to stand down and be bound by law!"

Then she summons the damn sun the moment she's sure she has their attention. Exploding into the brightest light, she begins gathering power and preparing for a fight.
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 pm

As Wandering Eye pondered what to do, darkness enveloped the area. Which was fine by him... darkness wasn't much of a deterrent. He took it as his cue - he reared up next to the wolf-handler and, returning to visibility, brought both hooves together, and rammed them down on the soldier's head. He hoped that would daze him long enough for Wander to use his telekenesis to yank the gun out of his grip and toss it aside.

Spoiler:
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Thu May 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Hey guys wait no.... st- oh okay never mind I guess you guys can just go blind everyone, like me.
You know, I can't shoot without something to look at.
And I coulda just like shot the spotlight
That's something I coulda done.
And this gun doesn't make any noise, or anything...
Okay. We can just... Can someone fill me in on the plan here? Is anyone still here anymore? I'm just going to sit here and try not to die.

Spoiler:
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Curunir wrote:"Where has that dragon Scorch gotten off to?" said a voice sounding something like Wandering Eye's, off in the direction Scorch had indicated about 50 feet away- at a volume that implied the speaker was trying to be quiet, but would hopefully still be heard by the timberwolves or their masters- and definitely louder than the party's current whispering.

"Quiet everypony, seems like he's been captured by those strange ponies and their timberwolves- they're right over there, by the entrance to the caves!" said a phantom Brilliant Shimmer impersonation just a foot away from the other voice

"...I definitely think we tell Princess Luna what's going on and call for backup- How are we supposed to get past all those guards and timberwolves?" said an imaginary Luthier next to the other voices

Guard and timberwolf alike pause in what they are doing and take a moment to look at the section of bushes Scorch had been pointing at previously. "Well," the one doing all the talking says. "Looks like we have a bit more company than you claimed we did."

"Luna," the other breathes. "This could get messy..."

"Not if we-"

deonte9109 wrote:" The lady says she wants the lights out....." Iggy says with increasing volume. Suddenly Iggy's shades began to distort. "...then the lady will have the dark."
Spoiler:

"What the hay...?" the guard finishes as the spotlight and the light from his gun seems to disappear.

"They're making their move!" the other calls, loud noises coming from his direction, almost like the rushing of quick-moving magic. "Attack!" he continues, presumably to the timberwolves.

Retrokinesis wrote:
She leaps from the bushes, focusing on the first time she met Princess Celestia. An enormous amount of power flows through her as she remembers the Princess's resplendent glory and tries to duplicate the barest glimmer of it. Pulsing with light, she rushes towards the guards. "I am Brilliant Shimmer, Warmage of the Royal Guard and Noble of Canterlot! In the name of Princess Celestia, ruler of all Equestria, you are hereby ordered to stand down and be bound by law!"

Then she summons the damn sun the moment she's sure she has their attention. Exploding into the brightest light, she begins gathering power and preparing for a fight.
Spoiler:

"GAH!" both guards cried in unison as the timberwolves making whining noises, burning edges of a mighty corona filling their vision.

"CHARGE!" Grizzle said, reopening his eyes and allowing them to adjust to the diminishing light around him

The battle- such as it was - had begun.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu May 16, 2013 11:31 pm

"GAAH!" Despite his eyes being focused on the guard, he was still blinded by the blast. That'll teach me not to split from the group!

Initiative: 14
Talents:

As for the adjacency, I'm likely to be at the end. Scorch's end.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu May 16, 2013 11:46 pm

[Oh, uh... Dark Pact, I suppose. On the wolf-handler guard, whichever that one is.]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri May 17, 2013 12:57 am

Luthier shuts and shields his eyes as Shimmer leaps out and puts her plan into action, barely able to block out the intense light. He leapt out from hiding as the what was surely blinding light diminished, instruments rising from his pack and levitating around him.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Curunir on Fri May 17, 2013 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot fifth combat talent- must've counted Suggest Melody + its associated minor as two separate talents.)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri May 17, 2013 1:38 am

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 am

Brilliant was glad to see her plan working well to begin with though, as they said, no plan survives contact with the enemy. Time to see how well she could play speed chess...
Spoiler:
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 am

Scorch was facepalming at the decision the warmage had made to announcer herself to the enemy. However, by doing so he avoided having his eyes undergo such a bright light, so he guesses that it wasn't all bad news. Still, time to get angry. "Remember when you told me to freeze?" the dragon gloats as he limbers up before the fight, "Well, it's time for you all to BURN!"

(Initiative Roll: 7)
(Taking Relaxed (Form of the Serene Armadillo), Calm (Healing Salve), Enraged (Against The Odds), Determined (Never Stay Down), and Livid (Flametongue))
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 18, 2013 7:54 pm

(OOC: I'm only half sure what's goin' on, I've been meaning to read up since like two pages ago, but I'll try to catch up asap. I know we've entered combat now. So then here go combat post.)

Initiative Roll: 11

combat talents:
combat items:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat May 18, 2013 8:13 pm

"ALLONS-Y!!"

Combat:

Last edited by deonte9109 on Mon May 20, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 20, 2013 3:50 pm

The guard flinched backwards from Wander's attack, clutching at his forehead and flapping his wings almost panickedly. "We have another one over here!" he cried.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon May 20, 2013 4:19 pm

As Luthier quickly pulled out his instruments, he was surprised to find in his hurry he was among the first to act. He flung several of his instruments in the air to circle around two of the timberwolves, playing until their wooden bodies were resonating with the music, before whooshing the instruments back to continue circling around him.

Spoiler:

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 20, 2013 5:37 pm

From the nearby Canterlot Caves, a blast of bright purple light streaks with almost imperceptible speed, splashing against Grizzle's armor. The golden-clad Stromthrower grunts, but says nothing aloud as his mouth is currently occupied with a sword. He slashes it against the other spotlit guard's cheek, and in turn that guard cries out in pain.

After a moment, the guard regains his cool and brings his weapon to his cheek. A vibrant violet volley of arcane energies buzzes forth from the weapon he is carrying, striking Lunar in the chest.

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Already emboldened by his successful bash on one of the guards, he pressed on despite his temporary blindness. Backing off and focusing his power, he knew that he could gather more energy even if he couldn't see the source of that power. "Hit them with something that'll stick!" Wander cried out, as mystical runes surrounded his glowing horn. "I've got just the thing for it!" After a moment a rune appeared around one of the Timber Wolves, before Wander felt a rush of energy from the ritual... and as the Timber Wolf's life began to eb.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Mon May 20, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next