Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

+5
Broken Logic
Ramsus
Lyntermas
Azarune
Zarhon
9 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 3) - Page 36 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 3)

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:17 pm

I completely agree with Bronymous, also Skitter's new combat build is done.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Combat talk aside, what is everyone's character doing, or wants to do? Anyone heading out for the other passage? You're all talking with Zephy in the common room at the moment.

Oh, and could everyone give me a recap of what their "items" (confiscated or not) were? I believe I have to turn some of those into consumables (e.g. the arrows), or some other flavor fitting the system.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:56 pm

I think Skitter was... talking. Or rather I was having him not act to see what you/other people said we were gonna do about our items.

Yeah, you'll have to do something with the arrows if you don't want us just including them in flavor (which we'll likely forget about without a mechanic tied to them really). Otherwise Skitter had the "hunting" crossbow (the sniper rifle of crossbows?) and his short sword. I'm pretty sure he held onto his portable hole.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Can't really recall what types the arrows were anymore... fire, ice, and a third type, I think? Who had which, between Skitter and Jeryalia? They will probably be very minor, consumable effects you apply to single attacks (e.g. 1d2 ongoing damage for inflicted alongside an attack, or -1 damage penalty, or something similar).

The hunting crossbow I think can be considered simply as "what you're using to fight at a range when using a melee weapon would be silly", or maybe can be made as an actual weapon combat item (Something simple, e.g. re-rolls a nat1 on a damage die once or twice a battle).

Portable hole can probably work as an at-will large storage space (with limited air to breathe), and probably where you can keep Zephyr when she needs to be out of sight (she doesn't need to breathe, after all).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the portable hole can keep working as is. It's a utility thing, not a combat thing.

I think it was fire, ice, and lightning? Could have been acid instead of lightning though. I think Jer got the arrows and Skitter got the bolts. Not sure how many of each there was supposed to be though. I do think only one of us ended up with lightning and the other acid.

Ongoing damage works pretty well for fire. Inflicting a damage penalty works for cold. Lightning could do dazed? Acid could do bonus damage or vulnerability?

Edit: Well, I wouldn't say no to getting a free re-roll 1-2/battle for sure.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:25 pm

At the very least, Horizon and Jeraylia are at the hidden exit, Horizon having just opened the wall about to open the wall. Don't know about anyone else. And one of the arrow types was Silver, because undead.

Bronymous wrote:"Yes, I did, and no, we aren't. We leaving now?" Horizon stands up and walks through the previously explored door. "We're supposed to go this way to avoid dealing with the gate guards every time we come in and out. It's up here, and its more hidden from this side than the outside. Also, it's the same ring wall thing again, and also, there are two more suits of armor. So lets try not to wake them up." He leads everyone to the dead end and activates the secret switch. "And speaking of gate guards, what are we doing about getting out gear back from them?"

Broken Logic wrote:Jeraylia reaches out and grabs Horizon's wrist before he presses the switch. "Here's an idea? Since we're supposed to leave discreetly, maybe Zéphyrine here could mist out and take a quick peak. Think you can slip through the cracks, Zefi? Keep it on the down low while your at it, kay?"

Indicating that Windy is also with us, since she answered, and if everyone else is still talking to her...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Slight misunderstanding happened, I assumed you were all still talking with Zephy in the common room (rather than moved up to the lever-operated tunnel). Assume that the conversation/athletics display with Zephy happened in the common room, and then you went into the tunnel.

Pulling the lever once again reveals some potted flowers.

Make perception checks, whoever is going in.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 am

Perception: 11 + 2 = 13. Yeeeah nope.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:16 am

11+10=21
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 am

Perception: Nat1
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:15 am

Zarhon wrote:"Maybe a demonstration would help?", she responds, lifting both "hands" in front of her, pointing towards the party. Everyone suddenly feels a gust of wind blowing around them, and a feeling of weightlessness engulfs them as they are all slowly lifted upwards off the floor by a torrent of wind, about halfway the height of the room, then gently brought down again. She then repeats this by lifting the large cupboard, "dusting" under it by blowing away and gathering it with wind, then bringing it back down again, sending the dust into a small cloth. "Is zat sufficient, messieurs and madam?"

"Um, yes, that's...that's quite sufficient, Zéphyrine. I think you will be a valuable addition to our group. Welcome to Scythe." Rolf said as he watched her set the cupboard down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Potted flowers. That's...interesting."

Rolling Percpeption... 4(1d20) + 7 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 14 (w/ Magic Attunement)
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:46 am

Try as he might, Zthulan can see nothing other than a dozen tiny, sharp teeth - Koras is acting up again, biting him in the face with impunity.

The new room appears to be relatively small, illuminated by a single, head-sized circular window, through which moonlight shines. Spreading proper torch-light into the dark room, the party sees that its full of... well, decorative junk. A whole bunch of potted plants clutter the floor of the room, of the cacti, fern and flower variety. A number of glass cupboards display propped-up artistic plates, vases, silverware and glasses. The walls are lined with a bunch of tribal-looking masks and sculptures, some grotesque. A somewhat shoddily-made tiger-pelt rug is attached to one of the walls. A few cloth-covered paintings are stacked a wall. Even the suits of armor to the sides of the passage aren't exempt of the decorations - someone appears to have placed bouquet of flowers into their free hands and a few other spots of their armor (including the helmets), effectively turning them into large vases. The only real furniture in the room is a glass coffee table, a few large wicker-weave chairs around it, and a few small tables with more potted plants and candelabras on it. A single closed wooden door leads out of this room, in addition to the passage you passed through, which closes behind you silently, covering it with another bird engraving.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Giving a Koras a reassuring pet Zthulan tires his best to keep up and not bump into anything. "Well, better now than later..."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:49 pm

"Hey look, a whole bunch of stuff that would be better suited downstairs. Lets grab some of it on the way back."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Perception: Nat20
Well. That was unexpected.
My Deva senses are tingling! Are the plants alive and well watered? Which decoration is hiding a secret? Do those tribal masks mark out a hidden message?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Jeraylia, with her keen eye, can tell that the room was recently used or occupied, as there isn't much dust on the furniture, and the plants have indeed been watered. There are also a number of cup stains on the table, leading her to the conclusion that the room is a salon/drawing room, for showcasing decorations and relaxed conversation over a drink. She also can also very barely hear the soft creaking of wood in the next room.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 pm

"Shhh," Jeraylia shushes, placing a finger to her lips and indicating to the next room with her other hand. She sneaks over to the door and places an ear against it.

Stealth: 23 (15+ 8 stealth)
Perception: nat 20 again! (I'm wasting these D:)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Jeraylia can hear some weird clacking accompanying the wooden noise. Checking the door and keyhole, she sees it isn't locked, and it opens silently. The source of the noise appears to be a large, sofa-like rocking chair, facing away from you, its occupant out of your line of sight. The other things in the room are a simple stove for heat and light (currently extinguished), a few counters and closets for preparing food, and a large table with chairs. On the table is a small produce box, next to which is a small note with the picture of a scythe on it. The single large window of the room has been covered in drapes, keeping the room mostly in the dark. Whoever is in the rocking chair does not appear to be reacting, or noticing, your presence. The only decorations in this room are a few potted plants. Two more doors are on the other side of the room, one of which is partially open.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:54 am

"I thought we were supposed to be doing something. Isn't 'time of the essence' with this mission?" Horizon speaks maybe just a bit louder than he needs to, absolutely shattering the silence. "Taking forever, let's gooooo." He pushes past Jerraylia, into the room to the rocking chair, standing behind it but looking down at its inhabitant, impatiently.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 am

You really make it hard for me to resist having Skitter just backstab Horizon sometimes you know that? Why do you try to ruin scenes just because they don't prominently feature your character being awesome? There some reason other people aren't allowed to enjoy their successes?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:06 pm

"Yes, Horizon, let's just barge into every situation; I'm sure that won't backfire at any time on the mission," Rolf said angrily. He took a glance at the note with a picture of a scythe on it. "...I take it we were expected?" he asked the figure in the rocking chair.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Because its exactly what he would do in character. As far as he's concerned we now basically own the place, and don't need to be sneaking around. ALSO, like Rolf pointed out, we were probably expected by whoever that is, and it may be pertinent to our time-sensitive, super important mission that now no one but him seems to care about getting to. He made a deal with whatshername, and he was woken up to go do a thing, so he wants to get it over with.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Skitter sighs with annoyance and adds, "Right. For any stealth portions of this mission I'm not teaming up with him."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:30 am

I always assumed that all of these conversations (or at least a good portion of them) are on the move.  So I thought the delay was a minimum.

"What am I missing? What exactly is in front of us?" Zthulan says in a muffled voice through Koras' muzzle.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 am

The note appears to have some writing on its back, in addition to the picture on the front.

"Your confiscated possessions are in the box.
D.

P.S: Don't disturb the inhabitant too much."

Withing the rocking chair appears to be an elderly human lady, hair stuck in a bun, wearing a simple, slightly stained dress with daisies and furred slippers, knitting on a tablecloth with the apparent intent of patching up a tear in it. She doesn't react to anyone until Rolf speaks to her, stopping with apparent confusion and glancing in all directions, before noticing Rolf.

"Oh my, I'm afraid you've caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting a guest. What time is it? Do you want some tea? I'm afraid I haven't boiled any yet."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next