Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

+12
Grey Pen The Flawed
ZamuelNow
kajisora
Z2
Retrokinesis
Quietkal
Paper Shadow
Colter Bolt
Doc pseudopolis
Dusk Raven
tygerburningbright
Whiteeyes
16 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC Empty My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

Post  Whiteeyes Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 pm

You and your friends were at the Manehattan Library, trying to do some research for your book report. More specifically, find a book to do the report on! Summer's almost over, and you're going to need to work hard to get it done in time. While there, you discover a magical book. Ignoring those after school specials about such things, you open the book anyway. And that's when the adventure begins...

I love Final Fantasy. I love MLP:FiM. Let's put the together.

Having been sucked into the Tome of Ages, the ponies find themselves in the (equally) magical land, the Kingdom of Ivalance, home to many strange races, monsters, and magics. While there they will make new friends, discover ancient secrets, go on a quest to save the kingdom (and maybe the world), try to find their way back home, and maybe even get that book report done in time!

In addition to allowing the standard Pony Tales races, I am also allowing the races from here that I made especially for this game. Anyone who picks a Final Fantasy race will serve as a sort of tour-guide on this side of the book. I am not requiring anyone to take any of these races however. Just a note, the mane Pony Tales races are present on Ivalance, so if you want to be an Ivalancian Unicorn, go ahead.

I am looking for a group of six characters, level 1, no starting equipment. This is a play by post game that will be hosted here on the forums.

1. Yuna - tygerburningbright, Kindness
2. Pelagic Abyss - Retrokinesis, Laughter
3. Big Encore - ZamuelNow, Loyalty
4.Rodrigo - Pingcode's, Magic
5. Pom - kajisora, Honesty
6. Cappron Strawberry by Z2, Magic

Ex-members:
Tamlin - Grey Pen, Kindness (in jail awaiting trial; IRL left game)

Last edited by Whiteeyes on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 am; edited 6 times in total
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC Empty Re: My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

I am half tempted to make that rabbit summoner that I have been saving for a ninja campaign...

the name Yuna works for a Viera right? (never played XII or tactics advance did play the war of the lions...)

Side note Don't you dare close the waiting list right before I finish my character again.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC Empty Re: My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Hmm... I'm curious as to what the differences between Equestria and Ivalance are, but I suppose we'll find out!

Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance... which I don't know much about it because I died on the first (real) fight. And I heard it had a cruddy Aesop anyway.

Must refrain from using Wandering Eye as a colt... this is so totally a situation he'd find himself in...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Are chocobos legal?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm

I'd like to post interest. Character sheet up by tomorrow morning
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance... which I don't know much about it because I died on the first (real) fight. And I heard it had a cruddy Aesop anyway.
I believe it is very similar to Tactics series. Magic Book and whatnot, and there are many different final fantasies universes, which have different races, and these are the races which appear in FFTA. I was very into Tactics Advanced until my main character accidentally broke the Judge's rule and I insta-lost the fight, even though I was so close to winning. Of course, that was long ago, and the cartridge's battery has since ran out, meaning I can no longer save...

Also someone better find a way to play as a Blue Mage or I'll be very disappointed in all of you...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm

the only good and real way to do that is useing one of the less balanced things on the fourms... I can think of a few but I am not going to tri-job.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Are chocobos legal?

As mounts, yes. As a race, no, as they aren't sentient.

tygerburningbright wrote: I am half tempted to make that rabbit summoner that I have been saving for a ninja campaign...

the name Yuna works for a Viera right? (never played XII or tactics advance did play the war of the lions...)

Side note Don't you dare close the waiting list right before I finish my character again.

Yuna works fine. I even have one by that name in FFTA, and there the names are pre-gen. Also, summoner works. And finally, don't worry, this one's staying open for more than a day.

Dusk Raven wrote:Hmm... I'm curious as to what the differences between Equestria and Ivalance are, but I suppose we'll find out!

Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance... which I don't know much about it because I died on the first (real) fight. And I heard it had a cruddy Aesop anyway.

Must refrain from using Wandering Eye as a colt... this is so totally a situation he'd find himself in...

It is partially inspired by FFTA, but also by XI and The War of the Lions. As for the Aesop, fantasy isn't as good as reality, it is so broken in how it's not even funny. You're basically a villain protagonist who, in order to get back to "the real world" because you cannot tolerate being in a magical fantasy world that grants people their fondest desires and dream, cripples your younger brother, ostracize a young girl, and kill your best friend's mother. And, depending on whether you think of the fantasy world as mere puppets or genuine life created by the magic, you also possibly committed multi-genocide and destroyed an entire world! You're the most successful Final Fantasy villain ever!

For future reference in my game you were straight up transported to another world and returning home will not erase it from existence. You also will not have to shatter peoples hopes, dreams, and lives to get back.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Just curious, how much Final Fantasy knowledge should be had before signing up? (I'm running at about 4%, though I can google.)
A blue mage could probably happen with talents like Tragedy, where enemies attack themselves, and simply flavor it so that you're using their attacks instead of them. You couldn't carry enemy talents from fight to fight though.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:It is partially inspired by FFTA, but also by XI and The War of the Lions. As for the Aesop, fantasy isn't as good as reality, it is so broken in how it's not even funny. You're basically a villain protagonist who, in order to get back to "the real world" because you cannot tolerate being in a magical fantasy world that grants people their fondest desires and dream, cripples your younger brother, ostracize a young girl, and kill your best friend's mother. And, depending on whether you think of the fantasy world as mere puppets or genuine life created by the magic, you also possibly committed multi-genocide and destroyed an entire world! You're the most successful Final Fantasy villain ever!

For future reference in my game you were straight up transported to another world and returning home will not erase it from existence. You also will not have to shatter peoples hopes, dreams, and lives to get back.

Ah, yes... of course, my character will likely want to establish that the world he's in is real and, more importantly, stable.

Quietkal wrote:Just curious, how much Final Fantasy knowledge should be had before signing up? (I'm running at about 4%, though I can google.)

Mine is minimal, but since my character won't have any knowledge of the world, it seems only appropriate.

Hmm... in one FF-inspired game (Well, it was a custom StarCraft mod, long story short you can do amazing things with StarCraft maps) I liked playing as a Dragoon, which in that context was a warrior with a little dragon pet. Sounds like something fun to build towards via the Conjuror's Pet trait tree...

As for Blue Mages... I'm pretty sure there's at least some talent that lets you use an enemy's talents. Failing that, there's always Puppeteer.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Quietkal wrote:Just curious, how much Final Fantasy knowledge should be had before signing up? (I'm running at about 4%, though I can google.)
A blue mage could probably happen with talents like Tragedy, where enemies attack themselves, and simply flavor it so that you're using their attacks instead of them. You couldn't carry enemy talents from fight to fight though.

I am totally FF noob friendly. You don't even have to be stuck playing an Equestrian, I'm planning on feeding "locals" info via PMs regularly.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm

In that case, may I present Davey the rogue-ish acid dragon.
Additionally, I'm cool with being wait-listed so other people that aren't already in games can get in.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:56 pm

I'd like to throw my name in as well. I've never played FFTA so I'd probably go with an Equestrian. Question, though: How old did you see the Equestrian characters as being? Middle school, high school, college? I figure "young" if they're doing book reports but not sure how young.

As with Quietkal, I'd also be totally OK with being waitlisted for newer people.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 pm

High-school age, early probably like freshman/sophomore.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Right, I can work with that!

I'm currently thinking of going with a changeling who spends most of her time disguised as a studious young pegasus to blend into pony society. Kind of an engineer/archaeologist, though definitely not the two-fisted adventuring type. Super out of her element in a different world but also fascinated by it.

That sound acceptable, before I start working on her? Also, is Magecraft allowed as a talent?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Let's see, who was that kid in FFTA who basically had his dreams come true in the alternate world? I might very well make somepony like him. Someone who, for whatever reason, sees more in Ivalance than in Equestria.

Equestria being what it is, that's going to be really hard to do. Maybe he's ostracized for being a particular race... or better yet, because of something he did in the past that he'd like to forget but nopony else will. And then he finds a place where his past doesn't matter...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:32 am

Are flaws allowed? And Paper Shadow's combat talents?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 am

Anything not in the main rules will be addressed on a case by case basis.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:34 am

What about Magecraft? I think that technically counts as "outside the main rules" even though it's just the updated It's Witchcraft.

EDIT: I think my post on the last page got cut-off; Dusk Raven's was right after it.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 am

Well, here's my potential character:

Capron Strawberry

I basically based this off of a few desires:
1. A black mage who is kind to a fault.
2. A pony who would be able to discover their special talent in this other dimension (he already has the bonus, this is just RP flavor)
3. A character who could only really work in PbP...

Hopefully he's interesting enough for consideration, at least.

Edit: as far as things not in the main rules go... can we use the 'Talent Specialization Suppliment'?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:06 am

Retrokinesis wrote:Right, I can work with that!

I'm currently thinking of going with a changeling who spends most of her time disguised as a studious young pegasus to blend into pony society. Kind of an engineer/archaeologist, though definitely not the two-fisted adventuring type. Super out of her element in a different world but also fascinated by it.

That sound acceptable, before I start working on her? Also, is Magecraft allowed as a talent?

Yes. And yes.

Z2 wrote:
Edit: as far as things not in the main rules go... can we use the 'Talent Specialization Suppliment'?

Nope.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 am

Retrokinesis wrote:What about Magecraft? I think that technically counts as "outside the main rules" even though it's just the updated It's Witchcraft.

Where's Magecraft listed, out of curiosity? My character seems to be going more of an assassin/striker at the moment so I doubt I'll use it, but it sounds interesting.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 am

I said I'd get it done by the morning, and I did. I can keep some self-set deadlines. The character sheet is, of course, in no ways fleshed out, but sleep sounds like a good thing right now.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 am

Dusk Raven wrote:
Retrokinesis wrote:What about Magecraft? I think that technically counts as "outside the main rules" even though it's just the updated It's Witchcraft.

Where's Magecraft listed, out of curiosity? My character seems to be going more of an assassin/striker at the moment so I doubt I'll use it, but it sounds interesting.
Here. It gets it's own supplement!

Huh, Z2 seems to have done basically exactly what I was going to do Razz. No matter, I modified my original idea slightly. Work on Pelagic Abyss the totally-not-a-changeling pegasus librarian obsessed with fish, magic, and horrible aquatic sorceries from the lightless depths of the abyss is coming alone nicely. She'll be the white mage of the group to complement Strawberry's black mage.

Three questions before I can finish:
1. How do you intend to handle talents with x/session and for x minutes of real time effects?
2. Can I take the element of Laughter and do you have a Tons of Fun table? If not, should I make one?
3. I would like to take a custom utility talent. It combines the effects of Under the Waves (a 1-point racial ability) and Animal Speak (a regular utility talent) limited purely to aquatic creatures. She basically make her Aquapony, breathing underwater and talking to fish. It would technically be worth 3 racial points not 2 but I'm hoping the limit on aquatic creatures only balances it out. Is that acceptable?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:48 am

Retrokinesis wrote:
Three questions before I can finish:
1. How do you intend to handle talents with x/session and for x minutes of real time effects?

2. Can I take the element of Laughter and do you have a Tons of Fun table? If not, should I make one?

3. I would like to take a custom utility talent. It combines the effects of Under the Waves (a 1-point racial ability) and Animal Speak (a regular utility talent) limited purely to aquatic creatures. She basically make her Aquapony, breathing underwater and talking to fish. It would technically be worth 3 racial points not 2 but I'm hoping the limit on aquatic creatures only balances it out. Is that acceptable?

1: X/session powers becomes x/chapter powers, and I'll try to make chapters happen so they make sense. As for why they're chapters...well you were sucked into another world via book. As for x minutes of real time a fair amount of post time. For example something that enhances a perception check for two minutes might be good for a couple search checks, something that lasts ten minutes might be worth several posts, etc. basically I'll try to be fair.

2: Yes, and I have one.

3: Works for me.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next