Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

+12
Grey Pen The Flawed
ZamuelNow
kajisora
Z2
Retrokinesis
Quietkal
Paper Shadow
Colter Bolt
Doc pseudopolis
Dusk Raven
tygerburningbright
Whiteeyes
16 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

Post  kajisora Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:58 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Was going for something a little different but I didn't think donkeys were that rare. Wound up redoing his backstory after a point so I might tweak his build since the Pinkie Promise + Element of Friendship combo doesn't seem as in character as it was for the original concept. May see how the final group winds up.

Don't think I've seen any donkeys before either... robots, griffons, hippogriffs, ents, yes. But no donkeys
Poor burros just don't seem to be popular....
Someday I will make a donkey, and strive to turn it into the most epic creature that ever walked the world it inhabits, just to balance out the glory ^^
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! OOC

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Meet Tamlin, kupo!

A question, and an idea:

First, did we ever decide for sure whether or not we were using the Flaws In Character supplement?

And secondly. There seems to be an awful lot of interested people here... suppose we split the players into two smaller parties, with the actions of each one indirectly affecting the other? That way you could have as many as 9 or 10 players, and not get bogged down by the slower ones (like me.) Although, it would strain the GM more... but still, just a thought.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:54 pm

My, there's quite a few moogles here. Make the moogles their own party! Will be interesting to see which gets it.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Gah, I want to make a character for this but I'm not sure if there's time...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:56 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Gah, I want to make a character for this but I'm not sure if there's time...

I'm making my selection at Noon Friday, so you'll have until then.

And while making a larger/two parties is tempting, I know my limits. Sorry guys.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 am

Too busy with/tired from finals to actually make a character in time, but I'd like to make one after all the spots are filled in order to function as a potential replacement.

This seems like a really cool idea.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 am

For the sake of balance I have replaced the element of kindness with the element of magic on Cap. Hopefully he could compliment the rest of the team better this way.

Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Swapped out Pinkie Promise and Element of Friendship for Echo and Element of Loyalty.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Okay, the following four are definitely in :

Yuma, played by tygerburningbright
Pelagic Abyys, played by Retrokinisis
Big Encore, played by ZamelNow
Talkin, played by Gery Pen the Kupo

As for my last two slots...nobunny is really jumping out for me.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Hmm, one more Equestrian and one more Ivalancian might be a good party breakdown...
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 pm

*Jumps for attention*
Is what I'd really like to do, but I gotta leave for a marathon in about 20 minutes, and won't be back till early sunday. So I can't spend a lot of time thinking up convincing arguments xd.
(I'll have my phone, so I will respond to stuff regardless: just won't be easy typing)

Seeing that the elements of the confirmed members are Laughter, Loyalty and kindness x 2, I'll switch Pom's element from Loyaltt to Honesty. Either would work well for him, I think.
My plan in playing him would be to be bluntly honest and opportunistic, as well as more than a bit cynical, which is a bit different from how I usually make characters.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Is there still a slot open? I'd like to do an Earth Pony ninja. He'd use "Its Witchcraft" to power different effects.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Cardbo wrote:Is there still a slot open? I'd like to do an Earth Pony ninja. He'd use "Its Witchcraft" to power different effects.

Sorry, deadline for submission was 12 noon today.

Kajisora, Honesty Pom is accepted. He was very high on my lists, and with blunt honesty he's a bit more interesting, so he's in.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:36 pm

A cool idea recently occurred to me:
The totema racial summons from FFTA... what if we made them Element summons in this campaign? Summoning an honesty spirit might be kind of cool...
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:As for my last two slots...nobunny is really jumping out for me.
I don't blame you with my character, Davey's sort of a combat build with a face.
If I knew anything about Final Fantasy, I'd attempt to make Davey an Ivalancian dragon baby who's so awful at being an enemy that he's joined the side of good.
But I don't. I might still attempt. Not sure.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Z2 wrote:A cool idea recently occurred to me:
The totema racial summons from FFTA... what if we made them Element summons in this campaign? Summoning an honesty spirit might be kind of cool...

We are not doing totema. Not only was that very plot specific, but Yuna's a dedicated summoner and that would devalue her build a little.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 am

Yay, I can't wait! I made a list with links to everyone's character as well as their element, for reference purposes:

1. Yuna - tygerburningbright, Kindness
2. Pelagic Abyss - Retrokinesis, Laughter
3. Big Encore - ZamuelNow, Loyalty
4. Tamlin - Grey Pen, Kindness
5. Pom - kajisora, Honesty
6. ???

It has been pointed-out to me that Pel's outfit resembles an old-school nurse. This is unintentional, it's supposed to be the pony equivalent of a school uniform. EvenEspecially if their school doesn't have uniforms, because it makes her even more obvious Razz.

Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 am

A pity... well, I've been rather busy/troubled lately... and I don't have an idea of what kind of build I'd have gone with anyways. Ah well, I'll keep an eye out.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:Okay, the following four are definitely in :

It's "Tamlin", kupo. Though he does enjoy talkin', kupo!

Will be switching out Kindness for, hmmm, probably Loyalty. Maybe Generosity.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:Will be switching out Kindness for, hmmm, probably Loyalty. Maybe Generosity.

If you take Generosity and Capron becomes the sixth member, we'd have all the bases covered/elements gathered...
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:
Whiteeyes wrote:Okay, the following four are definitely in :

It's "Tamlin", kupo. Though he does enjoy talkin', kupo!

Will be switching out Kindness for, hmmm, probably Loyalty. Maybe Generosity.
I corrected it in my list Razz. Generosity would be great; Loyalty is perhaps the worst one to double-up on, unless the GM really has it out for the party.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:39 pm

So bunny how much longer do you need to make a choice for number six and then how long until we may start?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:57 am

Image added.
Not very good, but better than nothing.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 pm

I'ma withdraw Davey. (I didn't really think you'd pick him anyway) He's just too flat for me to do anything with for long.
I jumped the gun and sent him in because I'm excited to test his build, but a full campaign's not the place to do that.
I need to work on him some and give him more depth than just a combat build and a gimmick. Also, I seem to have my hands full with just the 2 games I'm in.
Good luck have fun. :^)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

When it does start, can you guys do me a favor?

I have intentionally avoided looking at the character sheets; I want the unique challenge of having no idea who you people are until I'm told or figure it out.

Buuuut, that means I also have no idea what you look like. I'd appreciate it if, in your first IC post, you could give a solid visual description of what Tamlin would see? I'd just love that.

I also fail to see why we can't start with what we have, and add more as wanted, as an aside.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next