Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

+6
Curunir
thematthew
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
10 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 6 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Ramsus Sat May 04, 2013 5:28 am

Yeah, unlike everyone else I usually put my flat modifiers first because I already know what those are before I roll. *shrug*

Edit: Also lol, Xel. Now I feel bad for suggesting that special, since the entire reason was because "you'll never use it". If that item had existed prior to us picking the special I would have suggested something else.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 6 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Paper Shadow Sat May 04, 2013 7:03 am

Ramsus wrote:Edit: Also lol, Xel. Now I feel bad for suggesting that special, since the entire reason was because "you'll never use it". If that item had existed prior to us picking the special I would have suggested something else.
Aim of the Archer confirmed for trash-tier, only good for filler...

If I may ask, what would you have suggested had the Beggar's Coat been in the expansion at the time?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Well Ramsus, not everyone uses that fancy real-world dice so we go with the format most dice-sites use which is Diceroll + Bonusi. NOthing worng with your format, just the fact you just put numbers is the issue I see. If you put a note saying what was the diceroll that'd be great.

(Now I feel like that asshole "that'd be great" guy from that movie about people in a place and that one dude with teh red stabler)

And yeah... Aim of the Archer needs to be reworked a bit. Sure I kinda like that D12, it's an intresting idea. Might work more for that Savent Special... That's the only one I see out of Paper's Specials that looks totally useless.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Sat May 04, 2013 2:31 pm

I also use real world dice thank you very much...
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat May 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Ramsus wrote:Edit: Also lol, Xel. Now I feel bad for suggesting that special, since the entire reason was because "you'll never use it". If that item had existed prior to us picking the special I would have suggested something else.
Aim of the Archer confirmed for trash-tier, only good for filler...

If I may ask, what would you have suggested had the Beggar's Coat been in the expansion at the time?

Probably either Healer's Grace or Buccaneer Blaze. (And nobody has either of those, so that's a bonus.) In this case the reason for choosing those over Aim of the Archer isn't because they're better or something. It'd be to provide Jill with more options depending on what's going on. As you'd note, the d8 and the d10 uses are pretty useless for Jill.

Xel Unknown wrote:Well Ramsus, not everyone uses that fancy real-world dice so we go with the format most dice-sites use which is Diceroll + Bonusi. NOthing worng with your format, just the fact you just put numbers is the issue I see. If you put a note saying what was the diceroll that'd be great.

That..... doesn't even make sense Xel. You still know your flat bonus to things before you roll. IRL dice or not. The GM already asked me to label things though, so I will.
Edit: Oh, I see. You're just copy pasting off the dice rolling site.

Edit 2: In an effort to save time: If the Taser makes his coin flip vs Chill, I'll be using the Rigged Coin, so Paper, feel free to make that second flip (if it occurs) yourself.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Paper, did you make both coin flips for the Taser?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat May 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Ramsus wrote:Paper, did you make both coin flips for the Taser?
...?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat May 04, 2013 9:24 pm

In my previous post here I said I was going to use the Rigged Coin if the Taser succeeded it's coin flip for getting stunned. I guess you missed that. Since you did, no point in you flipping it now since the idea was to save the time of you having to wait for me to do it.

*Flips coin* Tails. Looks like the Taser is stunned afterall. =)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat May 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Oh, I didn't see it, because the forums don't tell people when people make edits to their posts. But okay, I'll edit your flip in...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 05, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm gonna wait to have my Fortification block things till after Cur tells us what Jade's Fort blocked.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Wow... That was kinda awesome outcome we just got by Cur... Just plain awesome.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun May 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Wow. Don't kill them all before I manage to actually attack! Razz

Seriously, that was great.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:You probably don't want to use it on me, actually. Mainly because it'll waste the on-next-attack Lock I have prepared by forcing me to only hit 1 person instead of 6 like I'm going to on my next turn.
Oh wonderful... Mmmm.... I'll get to editing than and have the Cat get the power and flavor it somehow to make sense IC.

EDIT: Finished the editing...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Am I remembering something wrong? I thought Bullion wasn't going to have Aim of the Archer. *confused*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 pm

I think we might have decided that but never really decided what to replace it with. Not that it really matters, as the only time he might have a chance to use it is with Flametongue active.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 am

Or when Xel grants moves....

I think it was going to be Be Prepared but, lemme see what you have and think about it.

Edit: Now I remember! It was going to be Buccaneer Blaze or Healer's Grace. So uh.... yeah.... after this fight, if Paper allows it, I'd suggest you and Xel decide which one of those each of you want and one of you takes one and one takes the other. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 am

Ramsus wrote:Edit: Now I remember! It was going to be Buccaneer Blaze or Healer's Grace. So uh.... yeah.... after this fight, if Paper allows it, I'd suggest you and Xel decide which one of those each of you want and one of you takes one and one takes the other. *shrug*
I will allow it, since changes to my combat expansion will result in changes be required here. In retrospect, I should have made an Overseer's Challenge thing where it is just fight after fight, but this is more fun overall...

So, if there is anything you may feel is just a wee bit overpowered, be sure to post it here...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 am

Well, in theory you will probably slowly change things as balance issues come up (I would suggest not immediately reacting to something that seems broken and fixing it without actually discussing it with us since... well, you only have one viewpoint). If this ends in major changes being required to things, we'll probably be able to deal. If it totally wrecks someone's build you then have the options of.... having them make a new build or letting them use the old build and attempt to balance things accordingly. (Which is really what everyone always has to do anyway. You really can't take any fight from one game, throw it into another, and expect it to work exactly the same way since almost everyone is using custom rules for their games. Especially since the example monsters in the PHB are so out of date it's ridiculous to even consider using them.)

Edit: Overseer's Challenge style is a faster way to get combat data results but.... you don't need speed on that for our purposes. If something is a little broken for a bit (or a lot in one fight) we'll be no worse off than with the "official" stuff. Some of which is ridiculously broken imo. (*coughderpy'slightningcough*) Actually on second thought, we'll be better off since you're actually more likely to be willing to change things than Dan & co are.

Last edited by Ramsus on Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 06, 2013 5:53 am

I suggest a request for some type of "free pips" themed special... jocolor
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I suggest a request for some type of "free pips" themed special... :joker:
Savant's Master Plan gives pips. As does Aim of the Archer technically...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 am

Savant’s Master Plan is more a "Do you feel lucky?" special... And really has a high odds of giving nothing. Also if you get do get lucky and trigger it... It does to much and just seems boring.

Aim of the Archer does work for Free Pips, but... I'd like to not always having to be hoping for d12 rolls for that...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 am

Ramsus wrote:Well, in theory you will probably slowly change things as balance issues come up (I would suggest not immediately reacting to something that seems broken and fixing it without actually discussing it with us since... well, you only have one viewpoint). If this ends in major changes being required to things, we'll probably be able to deal. If it totally wrecks someone's build you then have the options of.... having them make a new build or letting them use the old build and attempt to balance things accordingly. (Which is really what everyone always has to do anyway. You really can't take any fight from one game, throw it into another, and expect it to work exactly the same way since almost everyone is using custom rules for their games. Especially since the example monsters in the PHB are so out of date it's ridiculous to even consider using them.)
I guess. I do feel that the *Hic* and Chains of the Drunken Master combo is too crazy, although I figure you might not feel the same way (considering you didn't care much when I said taking Fool Me Twice would be crazy on a Critfisher/Derpy's Lightning build when we were talking about Smoke Screen), and I feel that Build Fortifications is a bit too much (even without counting the 20-something resist it has now), especially when more than one person in the party has it. But I'll hold my hand for now and just wait to see if these things do turn out to be problematic in the future. And of course, I'll discuss any possible changes with you all to see your opinions on it...

Xel Unknown wrote:Savant’s Master Plan is more a "Do you feel lucky?" special... And really has a high odds of giving nothing. Also if you get do get lucky and trigger it... It does to much and just seems boring.
Maybe. Is there any other playstyle you'd rather see it work with? Generally, while it is possible, I want to be careful with adding pip specials because it can get ridiculous if you aren't careful...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 6:43 am

As for *Hic* + Chains of the Drunken Master, I don't think that's broken, just clever. In the end you still have to make a build that functions while dazed. And no matter what that dazed is going to be giving the vuln 2.

Build Fortifications may need an adjustment, probably in the way it loses/gains health, but, right now we don't have the proper info. Especially since what we've seen so far in this fight (from the player side where we can't see what the enemies are rolling) we've only seen crazy channel of "nope, you stop being useful" and tiny tiny amounts of damage. Typically a fortification should take a single hit and die (maybe two from low damage minions). The combo with Be Prepared giant resist gain certainly results in something kinda nuts but, so would someone who was using Defender. (Yes, it'd actually cost the Defender guy 1 pip every time but, he has the advantage that outside of relying on a crit he can use his move multiple times normally and can also combo it with other things.)

I didn't really think anything of Fool Me Twice and Critfisher because I'd already been presented with the idea ages ago. Dan officially was fine with that combo and at that point there's not much for me to say. Thematthew did propose a change to Critfisher to make it less nuts but, like many things either of the two of us suggest, it just kinda got ignored for no understandable reason.

(Btw, the said change was that the pay 2 pips to roll five dice option of Critfisher didn't let you roll d12s. This all by itself radically reduced the brokenness of Critfisher + Derpy's Lightning combos. So obviously, like anything that would reduce Derpy's Lightning's extreme brokenness... it got noted and then forgotten.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 06, 2013 1:01 pm

My main gripes with Build Fortification is that it is so powerful for how much it costs. For something that is just one pip and a minor action, it's just too good, since it completely blocks, at the very least, one instance of damage, and up to an infinite possible amount. Even a Defender Build needs pip sustain. If everyone in a party took it, you'd make a fortress of almost unstoppable might...

That's how I feel, anyway...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, you can basically make a defender who doesn't run out of pips in any meaningful way with Rapid Recovery and Blood Pact and high + pip moves. With someone granting resistance and someone healing him, that makes the party pretty much invincible in ways the Fortification can't reliably do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next