Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

+6
Curunir
thematthew
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
10 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 7 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  thematthew Mon May 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey, If I get the 2000 gp trait can I grab 2000 gps worth of items immediately?

Also, I feel like an idiot for not noticing that I could have Bone Mite'd...
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 7 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm

I'd suggest the following upgrade:

[-X] Angry Drunk - Minor Utility
Target ally's next free attack deals an extra Xd4 damage.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 pm

thematthew wrote:Hey, If I get the 2000 gp trait can I grab 2000 gps worth of items immediately?
Assuming you are talking about getting it with the Invocation 12 Special, I'm either going to say no, because that would be insane, or yes, but you need an empty item slot for it. Most likely the former, but I haven't decided which yet, so either I'll tell you when I do decide, or we'll cross that bridge as it happens if I haven't decide by then...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:I'd suggest the following upgrade:

[-X] Angry Drunk - Minor Utility
Target ally's next free attack deals an extra Xd4 damage.
I'm not sure that's a good idea.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm

So I just discovered a potentially-fatal flaw in Bullion's build...

The plan was to now cycle Hastened Preparations/Arcing Bolt to mop-up anyone who survived. However, Arcing Bolt + Blood Pact only generates 3 pips per round and Hastened Preparations costs 4. Any thoughts on how to change this around?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Easy: Get yourself a the Rabid Recovery Item/Trait... That'll allow you to combo the Arcing Bolt with Hastened Preps.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 pm

If you use Blood Pact after using Hellfire Rain you should start that turn with 3 pips. It was never intended for you to be able to Hasten Preparations before the first Arcing Bolt. There just wasn't any way to get you the 1 extra pip without using Blood Pact earlier and taking a ton of damage. Even if you did have it, you wouldn't have been able to use the following Arcing Bolt after that turn's Hasten Preparations.

Edit: Mostly, it's not a huge deal as combat usually doesn't last past round three to four anyway. It's just something for you to do after your big combo with Hellfire Rain.

Edit 2: Gaining Rapid Recovery next level wouldn't be bad though. As that'd work for your weapon using build and a Arcing Bolt + Blood Pact + Hasten Preparations builds as well. (< that one would be where you don't go for the Hellfire Rain one and just use Arcing Bolt + Hasten Preparations as the main thing you're doing in that fight.)

Edit 3: Considering Bullion's use of Blood Pact and that Healer's Grace can't self target (WHY!?), I would make it my suggestion that if Jill and Bullion are gonna change special moves (which I highly suggest) that Jill takes Healer's Grace and Bullion takes Buccaneer Blaze.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 am

Vari is delaying her turn into after the Taser's. (Because that way chances that it's still dazing me are incredibly low.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed May 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Whiteeyes and Curunir have both gone missing... I don't suppose I could have a spot until one of them gets back?

I do have a character in mind... but I'd like to know before I go to the trouble of writing character sheet.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 08, 2013 4:34 pm

I don't see why you claim Cur has gone missing, he posted in this game just yesterday.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Oh. He's sure taking his time on Khan Of The Steppes then...

Whiteeyes is GONE though.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Hmm. If no one else has a problem with it, I guess I could fit you in. The more testing the better. Make sure you make a chunk of your combat build with the combat expansion, but as a personal request, don't make your character start at Alcoltraz. I don't know what your character is, but in most cases, I've got a good idea of how I'm going to add it into the campaign...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:Oh. He's sure taking his time on Khan Of The Steppes then...
lol, maybe you should prod him about that in that game's OOC thread then? =P

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:Whiteeyes is GONE though.
Big shock there. *rolls eyes* Really, I should have placed down money on that bet.

Still, with him gone we still have the 5 players we were aiming for, so I have no idea if Paper wants to introduce another. I would suggest though, that if he does let you in that you make sure to make something that we're missing, not something that overlaps with stuff we already have. (And since by some miracle people have been letting thematthew and myself give them advice on combat builds, it'd be a good idea if you were receptive to that too so that, if let in, you don't end up basically being dead weight dragging us down (since every additional party member means more/tougher monsters).)

Edit 2: Gee, if I'm gonna say people should ask my advice on things, I should kinda provide a way for them to do that. So yeah, as mentioned before, my contact info on Skype is Ramsusofthepants. If you don't have Skype Penny, I guess we could just chat in your character document if you link it.

Edit: Ninja'd.
@Paper: Is the idea "run over by the boat"? =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I would like some combat advice. Utility wise, I'm going for a Persuasion build, and I'd kinda like to reflect that in combat if possible.

Highly abridged backstory: Unicorn filly has a special talent for telepathy/hypnotism. She gets treated very poorly because of this, until she learns to control it; at which point she snaps, wondering what the purpose of it all is. She ends up styling herself as the "Slendermare" and begins kidnapping young fillies. The bodies are never found, and she has not yet been caught. (The GM will know what happens, and obviously so will I. But the rest of you will live in mystery until he deems fit.)

Yes, I just claimed to have a fairly convincing backstory as an excuse to play the Slendermare. See what you get before you judge, please. If it fails, I will modify (still going to be a hypnotist however) but give us a chance first.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Ramsus wrote:@Paper: Is the idea "run over by the boat"? =P
Have Grey roll Athletics or Endurance to see how mangled up his character's body is as soon as he begins? Nah, I'll pass. For now...

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:I would like some combat advice. Utility wise, I'm going for a Persuasion build, and I'd kinda like to reflect that in combat if possible.
I'm sure someone will say that the party already has a Persuasion character, but Whiteeyes was going to play as one anyway, so whatever...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Ok, Penny. Well, like I said in my previous post, gonna need a way to talk to you back and forth faster than this. So either Skype or you should link your character doc and I'll request permission to it so we can chat in google docs' chat.

Edit: Btw, I have some ideas on how to deal with the flavor overlap.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Meet Deepest Eyes...

I may end up editing the backstory quite a bit, depending on what the GM wants. Speaking of which: sending you a PM here in a little bit with hidden backstory stuff.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't have any immediate problems with the character. I've kinda been distracted with video games, so I'm still trying to find a way to add you in...

Also, your combat build is built on two technicalities. I'm not sure how valid they are, but I'll allow it for now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, the Channeling/Stunned interaction is completely up to you since you made Channeling. That's how it looks to work based on the wording, though I only realized that after talking to Matthew and realized that my Chilling the Taser shouldn't have helped if this works. (Assuming what happened was that the damage I did didn't stop the channel. Which I suppose would have been an equally valid target for my coin flip. So... nvm, it would have helped. Just not the way I thought it was.) So, we'll have to keep in mind that stunning/chilling doesn't really do anything to people who are Channeling unless the Channel stops. (For the record, I think this is the better way for it to work as it gives Channeling an advantage that it probably needs considering the risk/reward setup of it.)

Temp HP not counting as "taking damage" is just what seems logical (how did you "take damage" if you didn't actually get hurt?) and if it turns out it does count for that, the two 500 gold items could be swapped for Light Wraps. So, that at least isn't a huge issue.

Edit: Something occurred to me. Those Taser Channels were superior to PC Channels since they took immediate effect instead of having to wait till the start of their next turn. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as monster stuff is balanced for monsters, not PCs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well, the Channeling/Stunned interaction is completely up to you since you made Channeling. That's how it looks to work based on the wording, though I only realized that after talking to Matthew and realized that my Chilling the Taser shouldn't have helped if this works. (Assuming what happened was that the damage I did didn't stop the channel. Which I suppose would have been an equally valid target for my coin flip. So... nvm, it would have helped. Just not the way I thought it was.) So, we'll have to keep in mind that stunning/chilling doesn't really do anything to people who are Channeling unless the Channel stops. (For the record, I think this is the better way for it to work as it gives Channeling an advantage that it probably needs considering the risk/reward setup of it.)

Temp HP not counting as "taking damage" is just what seems logical (how did you "take damage" if you didn't actually get hurt?) and if it turns out it does count for that, the two 500 gold items could be swapped for Light Wraps. So, that at least isn't a huge issue.

Edit: Something occurred to me. Those Taser Channels were superior to PC Channels since they took immediate effect instead of having to wait till the start of their next turn. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as monster stuff is balanced for monsters, not PCs.
I don't think there was a point where you did damage or chilled an enemy who was channelling. Most channel attempts were quickly shut down by a number of means, including killing the taser and using Gas Light. I could be wrong, but I can't find a moment. But I see what you are arguing. I guess it's okay if it works like that...

I do think Temp HP counts as damage, because players can use it for triggers for stuff which react from taking damage. We could always go to the simple questions thread to get it cleared up, but I'm pretty sure it counts as damage...

Also, a bunch of PC channels take effect immediately. Tamper, Hack, Ward, Smuggle, and Light Show all start taking effect as soon as the channelling starts...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Ah, so they do. Well, I'll go ask that question, so we can have that cleared up and have Deepest One Eyes using the appropriate item(s) before the next combat.

Edit: Well that was quick. Ok, changing the 500 gold items out for Light Wraps.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

As for character insertion:

My opinion revolves around the fact that not all of the guards have been taken care of; by my count, the captain is still below. I propose that Deepest already be next to him, having him steer the ship. This kills three birds with one stone:

A) It gets Deepest Eyes into the campaign,
B) It shows the rest of the party what she can do, and that she's doing it for them,
and C) It gets the ship back under control.

But I don't know, maybe I misread and they really are dead.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:The more perceptive of you spot the captain flee the ship in fear as well...
I have an idea of what I want to do, but I'm going to need to PM you some questions when I get the chance...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu May 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:The more perceptive of you spot the captain flee the ship in fear as well...
I have an idea of what I want to do, but I'm going to need to PM you some questions when I get the chance...

Derp... Evidently Grey Pen failed his perception check Razz

Well, okay. I don't mind waiting a little bit.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri May 10, 2013 8:29 pm

I do wish to comment that our Minotaur Crime Boss Bullion does have a bit of a similar talents to Deepest Eyes.

As but an idea to help keep party dynamics being well rounded, I'd suggest Bullion's cutie mark shift to Streetsmarts, maybe? Cause that'd also explain how he's become the boss he is. He knows people and how to use them?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next