Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

+6
Curunir
thematthew
Retrokinesis
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
10 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 9 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Ramsus Wed May 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I thought it was only Magical Tricks that has that time limit. Either way, those are just suggestions. Not hard rules you have to follow. You're the GM, you get to decide how things should work. Especially things as vague as magecraft. Otherwise it's actually impossible to do most wizardly stuff that a wizard in the setting should obviously be able to do.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC) - Page 9 Empty Re: Hayday (A Morally Questionable Campaign) - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Ok... I just rolled and got the most shocking results...

diceroll:

Yes... I did just get two CMCs...

And just for lulz, I'm going to just total up the other bonus for each of those rolls.

First: 20 (roll) + 20 (arcana) + 5 (Heart of Courage) + 2 (prep time) = 47 total (CMC)
Second: 8 (roll) + 20 (arcana) + 5 (Heart of Courage) = 33 total
Third: 20 (roll) + 20 (arcana) + 5 (Heart of Courage) = 45 total (CMC)
Fourth: 10 (roll) + 20 (arcana) + 5 (Heart of Courage) = 35 total

I'm going to take a moment before I get to posting just what each of those attempts did to what guard.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 pm

First Guard: Unicorn, the poor male guard that got hit with that Horn Nerfer, Jill warps his mind into a timid to most (feels only safe around Jill), fiercely loyal to Jill (to near a love for Jill), and mentally female (still in a male form, but knows that given enough time, Jill can fix this "problem"), also was wiped clean of ALL memories of his life before he wakes up, basically knowledge he knows still remains, but without a clue how he knows what he know. Other than Jill Night's name and face that is along with all the new feelings that was implanted.

Second Guard: Earth Pony, just trying to make him obey commands from Jill and the rest of the party.

Third Guard: Pegasus, turned into having the mind of a dog that is owned by Jill. Knows how to talk and how to act as if he isn't a dog in public, but other then that, he's basically just a smart dog in a pony's body. Everything else was wiped from his mind.

Fourth Guard: Unicorn, wipe his mind as far as it can Jill can.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Ramsus wrote:I thought it was only Magical Tricks that has that time limit. Either way, those are just suggestions. Not hard rules you have to follow. You're the GM, you get to decide how things should work. Especially things as vague as magecraft. Otherwise it's actually impossible to do most wizardly stuff that a wizard in the setting should obviously be able to do.
Perhaps. Still, in the time of the trip, unless you circle around the sea for a lot of hours, Jill won't be able to make any long term effects. I'm sure those guards will be just fi-

Xel Unknown wrote:Ok... I just rolled and got the most shocking results...

diceroll:

Yes... I did just get two CMCs...
Oh...

The Second Guard will follow your commands, but only if it doesn't put his life or health at risk. Natural Survival Instincts and whatnot...

The Fourth Guard has forgotten everything, although will start to get memories back after 10 minutes. He will completely forget what happened in the ten minutes before he got knocked out, and anything that happens in the next ten minutes will feel like a very clear dream when he looks back at it...

The First and Third Guard? Technically, the one who got hit with the horn thing stumbled off the boat while trying to get it off, but other then that, I'm going to need a moment to write up some new characters...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Ah... I must've missed that one getting away like that. Still... That was insane luck I just got... Bet I'll be getting nat-1s on more important rolls later on...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Ah... I must've missed that one getting away like that. Still... That was insane luck I just got... Bet I'll be getting nat-1s on more important rolls later on...
Roll 20 Endurance Checks. If you fail one, your mind explodes...

Since your two new loyal servants could be around for some time, do you want to give them a name?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Ok, my minion's names shall be: Tiger Lilly for the Unicorn and Thunderbolt for the Pegasus-Dog.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed May 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Minions! We have minions now! The first step on becoming proper evil overlords is complete!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I shall update after a couple of rounds of Monaco...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:I shall update after a couple of rounds of Monaco...
I still wonder the meaning of this post, not a clue what this "monaco" is, nor what type of rounds we are dealing with... Is it some type of drink?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:I shall update after a couple of rounds of Monaco...
I still wonder the meaning of this post, not a clue what this "monaco" is, nor what type of rounds we are dealing with... Is it some type of drink?
Wikipedia wrote:Monaco: What's Yours is Mine is a downloadable stealth action video game developed by Pocketwatch Games and published by Majesco Entertainment. The game provides a top-down view as players cooperate to perform a heist using a variety of specialized thief characters.
I shamelessly ripped off the trailer for the opening post because it's a pretty awesome trailer. However, since Monaco wasn't released at the time of me making the story, the story of this campaign and the game is different...

Now that I have played the game, I can tell you now that it has the better story. Both of them. It has two stories and they are both better...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

While this is nice, where is that post you have promised?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:While this is nice, where is that post you have promised?
I'm making a post for Saint-Trotez first, then I'll get to work on the Hayday post...

Sorry for the wait...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed May 22, 2013 11:34 pm

I am now inwardly debating if Jill has done things like this before, with this being a "bring them back" type of mindset... Or what if there is any real reason for Jill's actions other than FOR SCIENCE!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 23, 2013 4:12 am

Post of two: I have edited my last post, to make an easy opener for the rest of the party to see the mind-warped guards turned minions.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 3:14 am

@Retro: I'm not sure it's a good idea to split the party. If someone comes to steal our ship, one PC isn't gonna be able to do a ton about it the two (.5?) minions won't be able to handle on their own. Also, if nothing does happen, that means someone just doesn't get to play for a really long period of time.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 26, 2013 10:42 am

I strongly agree with Ramsus' post...

And on a random note, Paper Shadow, would there be any way to somehow by way of either an item that Jade owns mixed with Jill's magics somehow, use the Mind-Controlled Pony (and maybe the Mind-Wiped Pony) as "fuel" to do some add on changes to Thunderbolt and Tiger Lily? Like clearly for Tiger Lily's body gender shift along with maybe coloring edits... And for Thunderbolt, having him be able to turn into a dog?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 26, 2013 10:47 am

Xel Unknown wrote:And on a random note, Paper Shadow, would there be any way to somehow by way of either an item that Jade owns mixed with Jill's magics somehow, use the Mind-Controlled Pony (and maybe the Mind-Wiped Pony) as "fuel" to do some add on changes to Thunderbolt and Tiger Lily? Like clearly for Tiger Lily's body gender shift along with maybe coloring edits... And for Thunderbolt, having him be able to turn into a dog?
Maybe, but it'd take a good chunk of time. You could do it without the fuel as well, but then it'd take far, far longer...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 26, 2013 10:49 am

"Good Chunk of Time" (with two pony "fuel") meaning what, hours, days, weeks?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 26, 2013 10:52 am

Xel Unknown wrote:"Good Chunk of Time" (with two pony "fuel") meaning what, hours, days, weeks?
With two pony fuel, I'd say about an hour. One pony, a day, and no fuel, a week. Of course, part of the day and week work will require breaks, so if you do dedicate a day, it'd actually be more like three 4 hour sessions...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun May 26, 2013 11:06 am

Mmm... So we'll try to factor that in getting one of those two fuel timings post getting the items.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Random comment: JILL NIGHT WISHES THIS WAS HER SONG. She's not yet to that point... And if anything she is more in love with monsters and minions then anything a monster of her's would bring home to her.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Just a heads up, if you have any qualms about Jill's suggestion to your characters (Ramsus not including as he has already started to move forward), I suggest you post them, or I'll assume you have no problem with it and speed you up to the storage units...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 12:54 am

Becuase I partly don't think anybody is going to post within 24 hours... A stealth roll to be unnoticed while the party travels and junk: 1D20+11 => [ 19 ] +11 = 30

Take this roll if no post is made before your deadline Paper. Because I now wanta snub the rest of the party IC for the moment.

EDIT: Also the Minions were commanded to kill the Mind-Wiped Unicorn if the need arises... Sure I partly think that such a need wont happen while we're away, but if it would, yeah... Jill told them to knock out the pony, and then when the Unicorn wakes, to tell it not to struggle or it'll die... And if it still struggles or talks to much, Jill said for Tiger Lily to kill the bloody pony.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Ok... I'm not sure what to do IC after seeing Curunir's post... It was a good post... But now it only seems to help delay the moving along plot-point I kinda was trying to help and stuff.

Any suggestion?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next