Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 10 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Hmmm... Could I play "charades" with its ghost then, to try and get a vague answer? Have it mimic stuff to me?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 10 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:34 pm

you could try that but it would be rather unlikely to succeed...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:13 am

Hmm, on second though, scrap the idea. It's a one hour preparation time to use "Speak With The Dead", which we can't afford. Unless the bear's ghost goes floating out of the corpse or something, no point bothering.

And Lynt, we already know they're in the pool, don't we? Just slowly/carefully ponykinesis the logs over, so as not to disturb the turtles too much. Shouldn't be too difficult (or take too much force) to just push them along to the shore towards us, since they're already afloat.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 am

I was under the implication that we aren't dealing with "logs", we're dealing with the bits and pieces of the broken bridge.

Tyger, about how much wood is Torque able to bring over? (If it's too much to carry, I'll try using Mechanics to make some of the wood into a cart or something).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:30 am

Unless Tyger says otherwise, I think we can just go around the lake (we've defeated the plants to do just that). Or is the transport 62 is making an amphibious vehicle / swamp car / monster truck, Aproc?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Just going to tell you this someone else had better make a perception check or something...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Would getting an assist (to 20) be enough to get by?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 pm

One way or another, I think I got you covered!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:18 pm

link to explain what's going on with me

Also, on a side note, I think you all forgot that Heal Checks DON'T heal my character... Mechanics/Arcana checks are needed for fixing those with the Mechanical racial...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 am

Let's see if I can retroactively heal Boomer with Voodoo then.

Healing Boomer - Arcana:

Might still need Torque's mechanics.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 am

Zarhon wrote:Let's see if I can retroactively heal Boomer with Voodoo then.

Healing Boomer - Arcana:

Might still need Torque's mechanics.

Good enough same song and dance for the exact numbers.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Me, paranoid? Don't be absurd.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:23 pm

So then, I'm at 2d20+5 HP or 15 HP?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Yeah. So either roll and hopefully top yourself up, or take half of that "guaranteed".

Although, if what Stairc says is correct, you'd probably have healed to full by now by default (apparently it's roughly 5 minutes until you heal from combat injuries, assuming you're not defeated or KO'd or dead, or something like that).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 am

Wait it is 5 minutes now? Could have sworn it was an hour before...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:57 am

tygerburningbright wrote:Wait it is 5 minutes now? Could have sworn it was an hour before...
It probably is, but I think Stairc considered / speculated on wanting to change it to 5 minutes. Either way, that's stuff happening "by default" (without heal checks). Using actual heals probably shortens the time or something. It was somewhere in the ask question thread recently.

In regards to the cow/bison/bull - did it notice us yet or is reacting to us? Can we talk / yell to it?

How stable are the pillars inside the ground? Would I be able to dig out under / beside them (avoiding the barren ground) to topple one over?

Unless the field doesn't go higher than the rings (unlikely, there are pegasi to consider, after all), we'll probably need to diplomance with the cow/bison (either a guard, neutral / unknowing "worker", or a slave). Could also try using weathercrafting to make a freak monsoon/rainstorm/thunderstorm over the manor (this would likely make the security measure become visible, as well as go wonky or be disabled / turned off, making it possible for us to pass, or make the "alarm" send constant false positives, letting us slip past unnoticed).

Oh, and in regards to the ring - Was there any difference in the ring in the immediate front of the manor (where the road, or "gate", or "guarded checkpoint" would be - I assume we're somewhere behind it now)? I assume I dug around the ring to check.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 am

I'll just tell you that the pillars are almost impossible to knock over directly. Cow/Bison hasn't noticed anyone yet due to the others being in the back and Shallow being underground. There is a gate but that is a whole another kettle of fish...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Did I see what the gate looks like then? Or does that need stealth or something? I assume the nearby bog cover, the fact I can just pop my head out, and that I can tell what direction a 4-hooved creature would be standing/looking at, should be enough to avoid notice. Should I roll perception?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:45 pm

The gate at first glance looks to be absurdly ornate. One or both checks would be a good idea...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:01 pm

Fair enough.

Stealth/Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:59 pm

"Wearing" a banana? Shocked  Is this some One Piece related weirdness, or...? How does that even work on a Bison?

And what do you mean by "they"?

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Typo should be bandana which my auto correct apparently has flagged and gender natural term because 'it' is well awkward...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Gotta love autocorrect typos. Very Happy 

Can't I tell the Bison's gender, though? And got a visual reference for the gate, maybe?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 pm

looks something like this
Image is too big for post

Also have you ever tried telling the difference between an male and female bison but then again the same could be said of most animals going to make a small edit.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Looks something like this:
Image is too big for post
Torque, time to bust out those mechanics cutie crits!
tygerburningbright wrote:Also have you ever tried telling the difference between an male and female bison but then again the same could be said of most animals going to make a small edit.
Well that depends on how they'd look as cartoons, really (Litte Strongheart is certainly girlish, though it's not quite clear whether as an adult she'd look identical to the males, or have some "obvious" girlish marks, like long eyelashes, or girl-styled mane/coat).

The fact that everypony is... well, a pony, would makes it simpler to differentiate the gender of similar sentient creatures (e.g. griffons, mules...).

Applying logic to this further, if there were humans in the pony world, ponies would be unable to differentiate human gender from a glance, without some obvious identifying mark they already relate to as "girlish" (hairstyles, facial hair, long eyelashes...).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next