Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 11 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:34 pm

They're more or less thinking of shifting it to 5 minutes... From what I know.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 11 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 am

Unless the pyrotechnics blindness makes her count as temporarily helpless for howling chains, I'm not sure how I can reach/capture the bison, Lynt.

Is there any more "barren" ground deep under the gate itself, or does it look "normal" enough to pass under?

Tortoise might have a few nifty ways for us to get through though...

- He might be able to wreck the gate (or pillars) by smashing them with spectral battering ram, or by smashing himself (hybrid form) into the gate at huge speed, provided by Shallow.
- Depending on the nature of the security system, he might be able to make a forcefield that counteracts the security measure (effectively forcing it to bend around the forcefield), letting us pass through easily. Would the magic work this way?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Yes there is barren ground under the gate.

EDIT Important! I appear to have derped at some point but well by beyond the gate I meant on the other side of the gate...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:46 pm

So, the Bison is on our side (outside the gate, letting us reach her)? Or the other (inside ring, but we can still talk to her, I assume)? Or are you referring to the barren ground (meaning I can dig under the gate)?

Will edit accordingly, depending on what it is.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:47 am

the bison is inside the ring.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Zarhon wrote:( Unless I'm mistaken, we can see the bison through the force field security thing, and she's probably paying enough attention to notice anyone approaching, since I had to roll stealth earlier. Just yell to her or something? Or get one of those messenger horns. )

Zarhon is correct the bison can see through the barrier.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 am

More ideas on conversation, Aproc:

- Ask more about the crate entrance (what does he mean by "what shape you'll be in after", why it would be dangerous to use, where it is).
- Try to get some more info on the security system: why you have to use the crate entrance instead of waltzing between the rings (it's invisible, so it's not a far stretch you can feign ignorance on it being present / potentially deadly), whether one can "turn it off" for a few moments to allow for passage...
- Whether there is anypony the bison can fetch who knows how to actually open the door (from the perspective of a bored official, it's a bit unbelievable/silly there wouldn't be any such individuals inside the manor, or it's implying the bison is blatantly lying to goof around and/or get rid of "annoying officials" like him...). This one might bring someone who's too competent to be fooled, though.
- Use your DF powers to figure out if he's lying to you.

Edit: Oooh, possible dissent! Ask for details. She might even be one of the slaves, forced to work as a "warden" for the others (do we recognize her from the pictures, or does she have some slave-marking?).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Writer that was well minor enough to not need a magecraft roll... sorry about that.

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 11 130003076723

EDIT: As regards the bison, I'm a little hesitant to do anything more than absolutely necessary - in a world of magic, she could have all kinds of compulsions on her that might require her to attempt to stop us if she figures out we're trying to free her. In addition, it's unlikely there are any staff here who know how to lower the barrier, as they're likely all slaves.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 pm

I don't need fireflies - I'm right below 62 and heard stuff, or 62 can whisper it to me. Can also relate such to the others.

Anyone got plans? I'm stumped beyond:

- Trying the crate entry (suggest we test it with a plant or something first).
- Calling in someone from inside the manor who can open the door.
- Busting the door/pillars.
- Diplomancing the bison into assisting us (not sure how she can help with the door, though, other than basic info or non-hostility).
- Waiting for Mycop.
- Using Weathercrafting to see how it reacts with the security (lightning/rain might do something).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 pm

We can do what you said and ask for more information, but if I wish my disguise to stay intact it must be natural - I have to "get bored" waiting and then start asking questions "idly".
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:We can do what you said and ask for more information, but if I wish my disguise to stay intact it must be natural - I have to "get bored" waiting and then start asking questions "idly".
Well, we certainly need info on the crate entrance (the nature of the danger - is it a uncomfortable packaging process, or affected by the field...?), and a location (at the gate, or on some other side the rest of us can discreetly use?). Probably info on the security itself would be nice.

"So, what's that you mentioned about crates? Something wrong with it?"
"How'd the owner manage to keep such a savage looking wilds away from the manor? There are hardly any guards in sight."
"Who designed this exquisite door and security system? It's unlike anything I've ever seen."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:49 am

Hmmm...I was hoping, for the pacing of this story's sake, that somepony else would post a reaction to the message from the fireflies or something else before I continued, but if that doesn't happen soon I'll go ahead and get things moving.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, I'm a bit stumped right now as to how to react, not to mention it's risky exposing myself near the bison, and everything else sorta invites trouble if we just blunder in.

Ain't much we can do: The crate entrance is at the gate (probably?), and you're there, currently, plus we don't know enough to work without risking a lot. Unless something else develops, we're waiting to see what's the deal with the security / bison / crate opening. I say keep going.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:39 pm

So...RPG party plan failure?
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm

More like "RPG Party tinfoil hat paranoia tactics".

That or we don't know how to react. Or are inactive. Come to think of it, Lynt and Cur didn't post in a while... Boomer too, though that was explained.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:33 pm

The IC thread split up. I got the first post, edited it appropriately.

And as much as it pains me to be honest/fair: Planned on typing out a response to the Bison now, but before I typed anything out, I rolled for persuasion and got a Natural 1.

Should I post a failure-speech, or let you do one for me, Tyger? Is it salvageable in any way? I could use "The Stare" on myself, which would make it a persuasion roll of 1 + 6 (persuasion) + 4 (IP, H) + 20 (the stare) + 1d4 (talent spec on "The Stare") = 31 + 1d4 , but would it still be a critical failure? Or can I pretend it didn't happen for 62's sake?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:41 pm

The stare doesn't help a nat 1 sorry. Well you can either write a fail-speech or you can just do nothing at all...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:45 pm

I think I'll go with doing nothing (or maybe trying to, then getting shoo'd/clobbered by 62 before I manage to get noticed?). No point ruining whatever advantage 62 has right now.

Edit: Sassy brown best friend to the rescue!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Can someone remind me, the next time we're on the ship (or otherwise taking an extended rest / able to afford some privacy) to give my backstory-related encrypted note to 62?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Fields are the same.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 am

Two questions:

1) since a bunch of us are a bit inactive which is kinda "reducing" the number of players doing stuff - when/where is Whiteeyes coming into the game with his character?

2) Is anyone planning or considering taking "healer" abilities for our group combats? As the last encounter proved, it's a bit vital. I could replace one of my talents with crescendo for example, but it wouldn't be perfectly reliable on its own, I think.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:13 am

next arc sorry

and do you still have the old version of crescendo? If so you might want to take the healing version. Also I think White Eyes' character has some healing...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:02 pm

No, don't have crescendo yet, and yeah, I meant the new heal version.

Ideally, to cover most of our bases, we probably should have that, miracle (for revives), and some pip booster heal like grace/healing salve across our party (or have one person fully focus on healing).

I probably need to rework most of my stuff, in fact... Get a reliable AOE attack, dump the sub-optimal granite axe, get a bonus weapon trait + spellbook... Any suggestions on that? Deathwatch seems like a prime choice to get rid of (it's extremely redundant if 62 does it first, and vice versa)...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:17 pm

I've got healing. Admittedly it's basic healing, but better than nothing.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next