Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 4 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm

But what if there are 26,000 boxes to open?! We might open up the wrong one! Shocked

On a serious note though, 62 or someone with the element of magic might be able to utilize "thattaway" or "found it" to precisely determine the marine-owned funding. Assuming Tyger allows us to use "Marine-owned/marine-marked funding" as a search parameter, or if we find a specific unique item held in the marine deposit box.

Just to clarify, though, when you're fabricating the bolts, you are effectively making them stay in their position, but are "shortening" them enough so that the door can be swinged open, while it is still in it's "locked" position? Or are you affecting the metal around the bolts, so that the bolts aren't being held in place by the rest of the box, and can be swung open (essentially, making a "hole" for the bolts to pass through and open the door easily)?

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 4 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Thattaway! only works 3 times and Found It! requires purely physical descriptors/does not allow abstract concepts. :/

EDIT: Though maybe if I work quickly with Thattaway! and say what I'm looking for is "A Marine-owned safebox with money in it"...argh, but then we'd have to get the money out in less than ten minutes...which should be possible but...

...could work. What do you guys think?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Ah sorry then shall not happen again...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:58 am

Zarhon wrote:Just to clarify, though, when you're fabricating the bolts, you are effectively making them stay in their position, but are "shortening" them enough so that the door can be swinged open, while it is still in it's "locked" position? Or are you affecting the metal around the bolts, so that the bolts aren't being held in place by the rest of the box, and can be swung open (essentially, making a "hole" for the bolts to pass through and open the door easily)?

The first one.

Also, if we're going to be using Thataway!, you might want to alter it to looking for "the Marine-owned box with the MOST money". It gives us more "bang for our buck", and it's more likely that we'll be taking a high-ranked Marine's money than some cabin boy's life savings.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Also, if we're going to be using Thataway!, you might want to alter it to looking for "the Marine-owned box with the MOST money". It gives us more "bang for our buck", and it's more likely that we'll be taking a high-ranked Marine's money than some cabin boy's life savings.

And it might lead to us stealing the personal savings/belongings of a Marine Admiral / World Noble / CP agent / Marine-employed pirate, since those guys likely get a lot more funding to store, than the Marines of this island get for their weaponry expenses. Very Happy

Hm, actually, those choices really aren't that bad from a bounty standpoint...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:25 pm

A couple posts have been edited; we know which boxes belong to the marines now.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:03 am

So, is that A.R.C. 413 flavor for a new utility talent, or an actual pet you now somehow got...?

Also, got a picture reference/inspiration of the thing? Very Happy I believe we're all still waiting for a picture that would do 62's own appearance justice, as well. Same goes for Boomer (I assume there are pictures of her before she got her mech-limbs). Knowing what they look like makes it much easier to relate/RP with both, since they're not "vague faceless entities with a voice" anymore.

On an unrelated note, google image search is giving me "Xena: Warrior princess" images from "arc 413", for some reason.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Odd... I'd put money that you'd get more homestuck stuff.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Eh, I wouldn't bet on it. Technically the number 413 is a frequent thing in Homestuck (countdowns, calendar dates, in a meta sense the day the thing started was April 13th), but it's not really important so much as it is reoccurring. A game of spot-the-significance, if you will. Beyond that, the fandom doesn't really put too much significance onto it.

And yeah, my A.R.C. buddy is just flavor, not a utility talent in and of himself. It won't be explicitly said unless someone asks in character, but it's implied I got him from the Marine armory. I'll occasionally use him instead of my magic book for Magecraft or magical tricks, and a couple of the things I've recently gotten (Thattaway, Fire Mines) "belong" to him, and others I get in the future probably will too, but he - from a purely mechanics standpoint - does not exist.

I'll post a picture of Sixty-Two and my buddy as soon as I learn how to draw, so see you in three years. Razz I suppose you'll have to use the character description on my sheet and your imagination until then.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:I suppose you'll have to use the character description on my sheet and your imagination until then.

I can do better than that!
Behold!:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Hmm...not bad, I suppose.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Rolls of bits? Like, bundles of paper currency?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

closer to those rolls of coins that you can get at the bank but same idea.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 pm

How much value do the coin packs have, per full "package", or how much money does the vault appear to have from a glance ("WERE RICH!" amounts, or just "above-average paycheck" amounts)? "The most money" might have been taken too literally, taking priority on material quantity (amount of individual coins/bills), instead of monetary value.

Also, we might want to be careful with the loot itself (assuming such technology exists).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:00 pm

each roll is 100 bits and there are total of 30 rolls. A dye pack might be a bit hard to do with coins
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 pm

So, the top amount is 3000 bits. So, PWriter, are you going to use one of your Thataway's to find the embezzling lieutenant's box, or are you just assuming that it would be in the top 3?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 am

That depends on how tyger answers these two questions.

1) I know the lieutenant's name, right?
2) Can Magical Tricks magic me up a can of spray paint?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 am

yes and yes
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Then I will not specifically be aiming for that lieutenant, but once we are done I will be doing something additional in the vault.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 am

So, which vault did 62 uncover next? Unless Aproc has something to add, I think we're waiting for that.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am

I'm sorry I somehow missed a page...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Aren't carats (or as the pony tales version of C version might call it, carrots Very Happy ) used for gold purity? Or is this a unique One Piece measurement, due to gold being special/different than the usual thing? What would the 0.001% impurity be?

Also, roughly estimating, how much worth in bits did we just get from that box?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:45 pm

I was just copying what I found from images of gold bars...

about 200,000 bits on the open market being stolen it is likely you would get less.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 pm

A black market reduction in price reduction can be easily worked around by re-shaping the gold (via fabricate) so that it is no longer recognizable as stolen goods. Heck, with a high enough roll and some help from a craftsman/artist/metal-shaper, we might even make actual works of art, of even higher price than just their value in gold! The fact that it is gold bars and bit rolls makes it hard for it to be recognized as stolen goods anyway, unless we try to sell it all at once, or it is very widely advertised (likely due to our bounties/newspapers, but easily bypassed by selling whilst in disguises/incognito).

So, Aproc, what's your plan with the embezzler's vault?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:33 pm

I was just planning to spray paint onto the walls "Lieutenant [insert name here] is embezzling. Might wanna check that out." Except more eloquently.

If they don't listen, that's their own fault. I told the truth, and I'm stealing as much money as I can.

I'll be using my third Thattaway with same phrasing as soon as we actually get the gold from its chest, so to speak.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next