Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

+7
Curunir
AProcrastinatingWriter
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
11 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 3 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  Lyntermas Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Speaking of which, did the embezzling lieutenant have a name?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 3 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 pm

That's right, I'd forgotten. Silly me.

Name was not given to me, and I didn't forget this time. In fact, I just checked and the name really wasn't ever given to me. Just "a lieutenant".
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat May 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Writer what was that last roll for?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat May 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Sorry; that was the Party of One roll.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun May 26, 2013 12:27 pm

I'll say yes you are level 2 now and Sharp Eyes works on any physical object
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun May 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Took "Weather-crafter" (using athletics) as my utility, "Talisman of weapons" as my combat item, "Rapid Recovery" as my Combat Trait, and used 4 talent spec points to give a +1d4 bonus to "The Stare".

Flavor wise, weather-crafting is Shallow doing very energetic tribal/voodoo rain-dancing. Whether it gains the "Freaky Knowledge- Voodoo" bonus out of that is up to Tyger.

EDIT: Guys, I think I just broke the bank and/or island.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 am

Hmmm... If the new pirate arrivals are going after the bank as well, I think our tunnel might let us save the island inhabitants money from their pirated greed, either by stealing the money under their noses (and then probably returning it later), and/or by using our tunnel as a trap. Very Happy

Speaking of tunnel: Considering he pretty much built it, can Shallow collapse/block/bury his tunnel in a similar manner, or does he have to roll something high first?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 am

makeing it collapse even for you would take quite a bit of work but just a fraction of what a normal pony would need to do. (You only need to roll good anyone else needs to roll very high)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 am

Shallow knows his priorities. Surprised

Edit: Slight derp in your line there, Cur.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm

*head slowly hits desk*

Well, I didn't think that pun was that bad.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Yes, that pun was bad, and you should feel bad...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 5:43 pm

As far as action goes - since I've dug out a tunnel into the vault directly, got a few questions about that:

1) is there now a gaping hole in the middle of the vault floor (ala Bugs Bunny tunneling), or is it concealed in some way as part of its professional make (the exit is disguised/covered by a floor tile, or is a trap-door that looks like part of the floor)?

2) Did I see or take a look at the interior of the vault itself, as I dug into it, or do I still have to do that? What does it look like? What's its current status?

I assume the vault is currently closed/locked tight, and there aren't any guards that are now wondering why there's a hole in the floor, but better confirm it first, before I go poking my head in full sight of some armed guards.

3) Is the tunnel entrance in the alley concealed by design, similar to how it's vault-exit might be?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu May 30, 2013 6:43 pm

hole in the floor, too dark to see, tunnel entrance is concealed.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Darkness is no problem for 62 - he's got the nightwatch utility. Very Happy Think it's best for him to go take a look and check for any light/magic-sensitive alarms, before we go flashing in with spells and such.

EDIT: Torque, if his name is any indication, should know how the likely-high-tech vault door works / is rigged / is trapped. Plus he already tripped a few traps so he has experience. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh, just realized I haven't picked out a level 2 utility talent yet. Any suggestions?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Explosives.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Hmm... Due to the nature of ponykinesis, it might be possible to actually pick both locks simultaneously, though it would likely be difficult. Nimble Hooves would help certainly. There isn't a "precise ponykinesis" talent anymore, though I imagine regular ponykinesis should be enough (as it allows multiple objects now).

Alternately... How difficult would it be to remove the deposit boxes themselves (what's holding them in place)? Or disable the alarms linked to them (assuming the sensors/wiring/magical effects are reachable)? This would probably be a last-resort plan, though, as it likely will trigger the sensors.

62's plan seems like a good one, though it hinges on the fact that there aren't any motion detectors or magic detectors or similar magic barriers inside the boxes.

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:18 pm

I am currently leaning towards not allowing writer's idea. To me it is stretching the flavor and the talent just a bit too far...

removing the boxes might be the most diffucult idea listed and yes ponykinesis does allow you to move more than one thing.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Hmmm... What about fabricate? If there aren't any specific magic-detecting spells on the boxes, Torque can use metalcrafting/fabricate to outright re-shape the boxes in a way that lets us loot them, without triggering any of the sensors in the locks (because we bypass them by shaping the box like it were clay, bending the box's un-trapped walls to have a hole in it and pick out the loot. We can even revert it back to its previous, un-modified appearance afterwards!).

@ Torque talents potential picks:
- Weaken substance (to supplement strengthen substance).
- Dirty look (for a in-character "I'm in crazy mode now" effect).
- Twitchy Tail (because Torque is supposed to be intelligent).
- Spike, take a letter (seems like a thing he would need for blueprints and such).
- Teleportation (very useful in general).
- Flame on! ("crazy mode" supplement, achievable by his tesla coil (reflavored from fire to lightning, but same effect, really).
- Sunderblade (a cutting torch, esentially, though not very supplementing to your arcana skill).
- Enchanting (at least, one of the unpicked talents of the others).
- Advanced Ponykinesis (for lifting those heavy machinery parts).
- True Sight (experimental goggles?).
- Arcane Eye (mecha-magical camera robot?).
- Detect minds / telepathy (mind powers via technology!).
- Immovable (always useful).
- Forcefield (to contain those experimental explosions).
- Spectral battering ram / spectral tidal wave (crazy mode supplement, some kind of crazy machine that goes haywire, or a giant robot?).

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:31 pm

fabricate could work but unless there is also a roll there might be some damage to the contents.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:33 pm

What skill would I have to roll to supplement Fabricate?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:37 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:I am currently leaning towards not allowing writer's idea. To me it is stretching the flavor and the talent just a bit too far...

Grand Line Adventures OOC (all filled up) - Page 3 Tumblr_ljt6hijBA11qfw2h1

Lyntermas wrote:What skill would I have to roll to supplement Fabricate?

Or, potentially, me? (I'm gonna assist you I swear it)
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Would his "nimble hooves" help in this situation, since it is a delicate task, and depending on flavor, may involve him touching it with his hooves?

And how would the vault's contents be harmed, exactly? The vault/deposit box (steel, I assume) and the treasure within (gold/silver coins, bars and treasure, money bills/bundles, art pieces, checks, I assume) are likely different materials, so they wouldn't affected by fabricate's spell effect (which only affects the chosen material, in this case, that of the deposit box/vault). Unless the vault's contents are something of the same material as the vault, fabricate shouldn't be able to harm it directly with its shaping, since it can't include it as part of the spell (unless he uses another charge and targets it specifically).

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:48 pm

I must have misread Fabricate or was thinking for a diffrent talent... no roll needed then...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Does my plan make sense to everyone? Tyger, according to Fabricate's description, I'm able to manipulate 60 cubic feet. Would this mean:

a) I'm manipulating the full box doors (dimension X x Y) , so 1 charge could open [60/(X x Y x 1 inch)] doors.
b) I'm manipulating the bolts only. Assuming that bolts are 1" x 1" x 2", and there are 2 for each door, so 1 charge would open...25,920 doors.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next